John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gater101 View Post
    Yeah I just watched it. Milton Keynes, fo sho? Baaahhhhhhhhh Chicago!
    Heck! Both

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
      Heck! Both

The LMF won't allow for two

Is it just me, or is GW going reeeealllly slowly??
      don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

Rachel video from the MGM site on Morjana's blog: http://morjana-subductionleadstoorog...ate-video.html Get some tissues ready for the last moment

How sad is it or should I not just watch it?
        Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
        Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

I'm really catching up on the last few days so I hope you don't mind me giving my thoughts on all of this now!

This is the link to just my LJ, does that help?

Sure Are you the same username on LJ?

I saw through my email that you friended me Cazz so I will check it out later. Thanks hun!!

Originally posted by SanGate View Post
          I completely agree with the JT talk! They trusted each other instantly in Rising, and the S&R scene only emphasized Shep's feeling. I still don't understand why it was in there if they didn't continue with it Now there's just a lot of disappointed people.

Just the one.. but he was in it a lot
          Part 1
          Part 2
          Thank you San! He was sooooo cute!!! Could he just be any cuter????

Originally posted by SanGate View Post
          Joe and Jason were right about that last scene. Seeing the behind the scenes pics I really don't understand why they couldn't be a bit more cheery They spent five years with those people, can't they smile at each other for god's sake? Except McKeller that is
          I agree with everything you said San.

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
          Well if we are to believe anything JM and co say they didn't know about the cancellation until they were over half way through the season IIRC.....So they can't blam the cancellation for a crappy season

Should Alan be scared

But didn't you know that nothing else matters except McKay/Keller, no one cares about anything else except McKay/Keller, that McKay/Keller is the only thing that matters on SGA
          I went back and read some articles, and as early as April BW was saying he did not want to do SGA and SGEwww at the same time. And the cancellation was announced five eps into season 5 on August 21 (I think GW spoiled it on August 20) so it makes me hesitant to think that JM didn't know it was coming. And he has jumped on the SGEwww bandwagon so fast that I just can't believe he didn't have some inkling.
          And yeah, everything was McKay/Keller this season - utterly disappointing though I like both characters.

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
          Joe seemed to be just as flabergasted by the end of season 5 as we were.... I loved how he described his suprise at the McKeller thing and even the Ronon/Keller thing.. almost like WTF.. where did that come from... but we know JT were meant to be the canon ship..it has pretty much being confirmed by several of the writers, JF and even JM when he said Teyla would have been perfect for John... Joe didnt understand why he was left up there alone.. as he put it and McKeller was made canon.....

Joe said at Comic Con that he was always up for JT but was given his marching orders.. I guess after they conjured up Kanaan.. but it does make it even more confusing as to why they gave us sooo much JT in Search and Rescue.. they pretty much acknowledged John's feelings for Teyla in that ep.. but then as I said before they were all taken over by aliens.

I think they knew of the cancellation and Gero seemed intent of giving McKay his happy ever after and everyone else suffered because of that...

I'm hapy enough to keep John/Teyla alive in fanfic... no one can surpass them for me, and the wonderful chemistry they had together... Search and Rescue just confirmed that and what a wonderful pairing they made.

I think we had a few curve balls thrown our way which changed the direction of their relationship and then ultimately the ptb just lost interest in anyone except McKeller so John/Teyla suffered. But I'm happy that I have had so much confirmation that there were feelings between them, and that Joe was diappointed that he didnt have someone stand up there on the balcony with him... he didnt buy into the solitary man thing if he was happy to end up with someone, but at the end of the day it was out of his control but it's nice to hear him and Jason being so honest about what they thought of the direction of season 5...

John and Teyla were magic together and its a shame tptb squandered such a wonderful opportunity to learn so much about their characters by continuing to develop their relationship.... both fans and actors ended up being disapppointed, so I really hope that if the movie ever does get made the ptb will make up for all their horrible decisions..
          I agree with all you said Blue. They lost an incredible opportunity. John being alone was ridiculous, this whole solitary man thing utter crap, and JF agreed.

Everyone was surprised that McKay/Keller came outta no where...I'd like to know why Rodney deserves the happy ending. What about Ronon, what about Teyla (and no the invisible babysitter doesn't count, they coundn't even be bothered having him in that final scene..And they are supposed to be a couple? Yeah right), and what about John, after all he's gone through doesn't he deserve a happy ending

Why were they so obsessed with shipping Keller all over the place, wouldn't it be more prudent to develop her character instead and maybe she wouldn't be so hated by so many, TPTB's obsession with Keller and McKay/Keller ruined everything that stargate built, JM and PM took only two years to destroy stargate that BW and Jonathan Glassner and RCC took ten plus years to build up No wonder Brad cancelled SGA and no wonder the network wanted Brad to be the showrunner again for the new project, JM and PM couldn'#t run a manage

As for S&R, I think that was JM's idea of messing with us He seems to like doing that a lot...It wasn't just John that was left all alone, Teyla was also left all alone and she looked as pissed at the whole thing as John..
          Agree with all you said too Linda. And as I am NOT a fan of JM, I definitely agree with what you said about him!

So as long as JM and PM still has anything to do with stargate no matter how much or little they're involved I have no intention of watching this new venture. If BW gets rid of them completely then I might consider giving it a chance but until that happens I won't be a viewer
          Again, completely agree, but since I hate BW even more, have to agree with what BLue says below too...

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
          Spoiler:
          I blame BW a lot more than I blame JM or PM.. BW just abandoned SGA to them without any guide lines or direction.. he was too busy planning SGU and I don't think he was interested at all in what was happening to SGA.... Brad Wright knew he was going to ax SGA for his new project and I dont think he really cared much about how SGA ended... no one seems to be holding the reigns and they were left to do whatever they wanted to.... Gero only wants McKAY to have his happy ending because it made him feel good.. what about the overall effect on the show.. .. continuity was sent down the drain and the writers were just pandering to their own indulgencies and where was Brad Wright.. he stood up at the Comic Con and said that he was going to further explore John and Teyla's relationship when he had clearly no intention of doing so.. they knew exactly what they had planned for the rest of the season ..so I'll never watch anything of Brad Wrights again... JM and PM were just the fall guys IMO.. they should have had someone monitering what they were doing, but at that time I don't think anyone really cared.. SGU was their only focus..
          You and I have PMed about this Blue, so you know my thoughts, but I don't mind venting a bit more...
          JF said at the con to someone (she posted it in her report) that he agreed that BW just basically dumped SGA to do his baby SGEwww. When the actors are thinking that, well you have to believe that it is true. And now I hear that he said he was going to further explore John and Teyla's relationship and then turned his back on it and us, the fans. Well he ultimately did that with the cancellation didn't he? Can my loathing of BW get any more intense??? *growl*

Originally posted by Camy View Post
          I think something did happen because even after the entire pregnancy and up to the Search and Rescue, and even in First Contact and The Queen we saw glimpse of what we know to be there. John and Teyla had to be taken apart in Season 5 otherwise, there's no way that the two characters couldn't be pulled together, and so very little screen time for both of them on screen. Now, don't misinterpret, I'm not stating that this is the reason for the lack of development for these two as individuals, but certainly neither one of them was taken into consideration for the rest of the season as characters; it was clearly Rodney and Keller Season 5.

But remember that even during Season 4, Kanan was going to be killed. And at the beginning of Season 5, there is that dream. Season 4 was clearly showing the jealous side of John, Joe and JM both confirmed that piece. So, the UST was still there, but it simply didn't continue or get resolved.

I seriously doubt, I'm almost certain that this isn't going to be even acknowledge in the movie. We are supposed to continue with Teyla happily ever after with Kanan!

I think after the acknowledgement and possibility that Season 6 was not going to happen, things went sour and all went down the hill after that.
          Completely agree.

Hi WITCHY!!!

I think there were scenes here and there...I think that the writers simply didn't know where to go from here. I think once they realize that there wasn't going to be a Season 6, they just let it go. Who knows. But there are glimpse of it.

Very minimal mind you, but they are there.

In The Queen, in First Contact, in the Outsiders, you see a bit of that protective John. There's even a scene in the Outsiders when he senses the Wraith, that I swear he's looking back to glance at Teyla...could just be my obsessive shippy eyes.

But there's no question that the writers simply didn't know or were really taking this very carefully on where they were going.

I still do believe that Gero was honest when he mentioned in the con that Teyla wasn't "thinking like that". What they focused for Teyla this season wasn't even her relationship with Kanan. It was her role as a mother and a team member. That was all they did for Teyla this season and they did that very early on.

Even in the Queen, it was all about her and her son and to be there for her people and that includes Atlantis. That was the focus for Teyla this season.

Hence, they weren't going to show her having any feelings romantically for John. In Search and Rescue is all about her connection, her bond, her trust and loyalty to John and that was shown on both sides. They have that complete trust for one another and that goes beyond what John has for any other of his team members.

That John would do anything for his team, that is unquestionable. But what he is not willing to do for Teyla is what sets her apart from the others.

He can't and won't let her go. He has for the others.
          It certainly seemed that way to me. He was so badly injured in S&R, but he still went after her. Did he ever do that for anyone else? Nope!

I like how Blue explained her thoughts on Joe and how he sees the season. I think for Joe and the others to see how their characters were simply put to shame this season must have been heartbroken and so true that they tried as much with as little as they were given to show the best of each character moment.

That is why I love these characters.

I think if we had had a Season 6, maybe this would have taken a different direction. They needed another season to fix this mess. They can't do it in a movie.
          I agree!
          &

Sig by Lil'Ferret

Comment

Lea pressie hope you like

Happy b-day Sci

Last edited by Snowball; 02 March 2009, 03:07 PM.
            sig by Cazzblade

Comment

They weren't interested in taking a chance on Teyla because her name isn't Keller, and they weren't interested in taking a chance on JT because they weren't McKay/Keller....It's there fault for having the wrong name

So true Linda!

Rushed? It was more than rushed my dear....It was like a runaway train

Oh and you forgot......And if it wasn't for the gross lack of chemistry
              So agree!!! I didn't get it. I didn't mind it, but her and Ronon had more chemistry...there was just no lusty chemistry between her and Rodney, though I like them as friends.

Originally posted by WitchBlade007 View Post
              I agree!!!....
              The ship lacked the development it should have had to be believable...talk about an anvil.
              I admit Ronon and Jennifer was started all in good fun even before they had a scene together, but after that they had a few more scenes together than Rodney and Jen did before they started being all over each other....

If they'd spend half the time on clearing up (for me I think) the situation John and Teyla was left in as they had on Rodney and Jen I would have been happy.

At this point most times I wish they'd have just killed Kanaan, cause that's another relationship that seriously bothers me becuase of the lack of development. Atleast with JT they had 4 seasons of development....*sigh*....

I know that was rambling and maybe nonsensical...sorry...
              Not nonsensical. Sounded pretty darn true and accurate to me!

Let me have my little fantasy for a little while

I blame JM,PM,MG and BW...Yeah blue reminded me what he said at comic con about them exploring JT this season Yet another in a long line of misinformation (that's the nice way of saying lies)
              Agree yet again Linda...

heehee, that'll never get old either, just like BS

What's worse is S5 could and should have been the best season to date, S&R was brilliant, and then for most of the rest of the season we end up with mediocrity Can't say i'm surprised it got cancelled if they knew how it was gonna turn out
              And again I agree...

Originally posted by scifan View Post
              Sorry hun. I had to make room and I figured that you're link on your page would bring them to the Vegas story. I actually need to purge that link page majorly. Lost of links to story have been on for ages and I'm needing the room. Sorry again and I'll update the link for you

Okay, don't kill me but the links are still switched. The one with my name is to the main archive page of recent stories (which may or may not have my story "Vegas" depending on how many people post that day), and the link for "In Atlantis" is the link to all my stories. Don't hate me for letting you know, okay??

Originally posted by LandJrule View Post
              You're welcome.

I'm trying to work out whether to read any Vegas fics/tags- as I'm yet to see it. (I'm trying really hard to avoid reading stuff about V & EatG so I have at least 2 episodes that I don't completely know what's gonna happen before watching them).
              As for where I am in I.A- I'm up to the start of ch 51.

Again, you're welcome.

OT- Eragon/Eldest
              Spoiler:

Mum saw Brisinger & thought I'd like to read them (she's trying to get me reading again, lol. And given the right book, I will! )

So I borrowed an edition from the local library- Eragon & Eldest together in one edition.

I loved Eragon! It was sooo thrilling & exciting!
              And while I was reading it, I saw the DVD of the movie for really cheap & I bought it to watch after the book- but I was really disappointed at how they went with the movie.
              They'd pretty much kept the characters & the plot, & names of places & a few odd events (Garrow's death, meeting Angela, the battle alongside the Varden), but totally changed around stuff- for instance:
              - In the BOOK, Brom dies & E meets Murtagh before Arya is introduced to them.
              -HOWEVER, the MOVIE had E get lured to save Arya (at Gil'ead which was another screw up- it was one building & no village- & no capture of Eragon *humph!*) & then they killed Brom.

Oh- & Katrina got cut from the movie! I saw the deleted scenes, & they'd made scenes with her in (in the movie Roran leaves to escape being taken by the army to fight- another change from the book- & Katrina runs off with him) but somehow they chose the other version where she's not even in ONE scene! Not even her coming in when Sloan's being nasty to Eragon after E showed S the 'stone'/egg!

I'm just glad there's no plans for them to make Eldest into a movie- they'd totally wreak that too! (plus they're gonna have to explain why Arya leaves at the end of the first movie when in the book she leaves with Eragon!)

But, I'm happily reading through Eldest- I'm up to the start of the chapter titled "Under the Menoa Tree". It's sooo amazing. Can't wait to read Brisinger!
              Oh I don't blame you. You need to see Vegas at least first I think. You won't get the full impact of the story without seeing it IMO cos I am really working off the emotion from John based on what he has been through in that universe.
              Spoiler:
              And yeah, the movie was very different. They did that with Harry Potter movies too...left out really important stuff and just added other random stuff. The screenplay writers drive me nuts!!! Stick to the books people!!!

Man! I gotta find my Ladyhawk movie. Your sig keeps reminding me
              I LOVE that movie...so good, so romantic!!!

hahaha! Sci...my boys just got called early on that they won't have school tomorrow. So, i'm staying home too! WOHOOOOO!
              Where the heck is my snowball thrower.
              Have fun!!!

Originally posted by Padme18 View Post
              Darn that is cold. We have a cold front down here in Florida, it's supposed to be in the 30s tomorrow, but not snowing. Keep warm.
              Hey Padme! I live in Florida too! Near Daytona. And it has been weird weather hasn't it???

Originally posted by LandJrule View Post
              EDIT:
              Dezari- I'm currently up to ch 54 of In Atlantis, but I'm printing off the remaining chapters which I put into a word doc & I'm planning on reading the rest- with a print out I don't have to be on the computer to read it! Promise I will write a review soon!
              I hope you like how it ends!!

Originally posted by DONNA BOOTH View Post
              this is on the same site as well i like this one you hace to scroll down to recent submissions and guess what there is no Keller on this one
              http://www.sgafanschoice.com/
              Thanks for the link Donna!

Sure

You can write my three and a half essays for me
              I feel your pain. My classes (Toxicology and Forensic Medicine 2) are killing me this semester!! I have two essays due today, but I desperately needed a break right now. Can't think anyway since I still feel like utter garbage from being sick.

Absolutely stunning

Yeah, they didn't know for sure but the idea was loating about. When BW took a step back in, they knew something was up. That's all I'm saying. Characters being all over the place is something that goes wrong when a production has so many writers that want different things from the characters. Joe F said Rob C was the only one of them who could write Shepp, and yet we got a lot of good Sheyla episodes from other writers. I like having different writers but I think they all have to be on the same boat when it comes to characters and their relationships. In one episode, you have two characters really close (par example, JT) then in the next, they are so far apart that Teyla is calling him "Colonel" again. It's not right and it's bad writing which is why I think they should have done collaborative writing. Reading through the pages just isn't/wasn't good enough.
              I agree. It seems that the writers all have their different images of a relationship and then don't follow through on each other's work. Makes it feel very inconsistent and choppy...
              &

Sig by Lil'Ferret

Comment

Originally posted by DONNA BOOTH View Post
                Really Thanks

ooh good as you Know im terrible at this compared to others but im really glad you like them
                Hey, I'm still learningn too. I just figured out how to add textures.
                Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Happy Birthday SciFan!!!!

Hope you have a good one!
                  sigpic
                  Sig made by Cazzblade! Thanks!
                  Forever!!

Comment

Happy Birthday Scifan!

Oh nice Padme!!

Originally posted by Teyilia View Post
                    I have posted up Lightsaber story on ff.net under my account, the story title is called Randim Fun Stuffs, a bunch of random funny short stories with our favorite team of fun loving Wraith fleeing people. Would like to know what you guys think
                    Can you post a link for it please?
                    Thanks!

Rachel video from the MGM site on Morjana's blog: http://morjana-subductionleadstoorog...ate-video.html Get some tissues ready for the last moment

Thanks Cazz.

The LMF won't allow for two

Is it just me, or is GW going reeeealllly slowly??
                    Yes!! I had so many pages to catch up on and it is going soooooo slow!

Hey, I'm still learningn too. I just figured out how to add textures.
                    Okay, do you mind helping me?? I am trying to learn how to use photobucket and Gimp now (I am so tech challenged and have never used them before.) Any words of advice??

and: HAPPY BIRTHDAY SCI!!

Sorry I am late saying it!!! And since I am not talented at making sigs or pictures (though I am trying to figure out Gimp - I'm hopeless to be honest) I though I would post my favorite picture of John. A small version is in my banner, but the whole shot is just....

Even though I am so tech challenged, I am still trying to create a banner with the full shot. It's just so...hot!! Matter of fact the friend who sent it to me titled it that!

Spoiler:

I just love that picture...*sigh*
                    Wouldn't you like him for your birthday???
                    &

Sig by Lil'Ferret

Comment

happy birthday scifan!!!!
                      Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
                      Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...=63473&page=75

We're up to number three guys...keep it alive!
                        sigpic

Comment

Icons
                          Spoiler:

sig by Cazzblade

Comment

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...=63473&page=75

We're up to number three guys...keep it alive!
                            Voted for our team!!

Originally posted by Snowball View Post
                            Icons
                            Spoiler:

Oh those are gorgeous Snow!!! I love the shot of Teyla's face in the last one!
                            &

Sig by Lil'Ferret

Comment

Okay I had to post this link. It's an interview with Joe in the first season. At the end he talks about about the future seasons in Atlantis. After watching it, maybe we can all discuss what the heck happened to what was supposed to happen on the show?!?!??!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBB2M...eature=related
                              &

Sig by Lil'Ferret

Comment

What dimensions do you guys use for wallpapers?
                                sig by Cazzblade

Comment

Working...
                                X