No announcement yet.

John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come on, people, you need to vote DAILY.

Help Teyla.

Oh, happy birthday to the birthday girl!

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Happy Birthday sci.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WitchBlade007 View Post
        hahaha....it's the first time i've used it....

I agree!!!...after S4 there was so much anticipation of S5.

Oh well, there's always fanfics!!!...They do JT so much better than the actual show writers...
        Some fanfic writers do most stuff better than TPTB

Originally posted by DONNA BOOTH View Post
        this is on the same site as well i like this one you hace to scroll down to recent submissions and guess what there is no Keller on this one
        http://www.sgafanschoice.com/
        Now that's what i'm talking about Why should she be on the cover anyways, it's not like she's a main, main character...I mean Woolsey ain't on the cover so why should hse be on it!

Originally posted by gater101 View Post
        About JT? I think it was a choice made by all the writers. Who was it that wanted John to be the dad? It was voted down by everyone else in that writers room. So don't blame just one person. MG, definitely, had written a few good JT episodes but he'd admitted that his fave character was Rodney, so there was no way he was going to use his last episode as a way to write about JT.
        And still, it's one of two episodes of Atlantis I've never seen.
        I blame the people that had most influence like JM, PM, BW and MG....I don't blame CB or AM...CB after all wanted Ronon/Keller but MG had the most influence and he wated McKay/Keller so he won But at least CB managed to get a few digs in about McKay/Keller in his ep

If you think about it, the episodes were not bad until word started to circulate that it might not be going to season 6. After that, the writers just wanted it done and dusted so they could move onto SGU. Or maybe had pressure from a certain PTB to get stories out and get it over with. I don't blame Joe M for the cancellation at all. He gets so much flack for passing on the word of those higher ups than him and it's a shame. I fully believe that if the show had been kept on, the episodes would have been better in the back half and that season 6 would have offered us a good choice of episodes to pick from as really good episodes.
        I was under the impression they didn't know about the cancellation until they were way more than half way through the season and by that time it was pretty much too late to change anything. JM and PM IMO were bad showrunners, the characters were all over the place and the continuation more or less didn't exist!

Originally posted by SanGate View Post
        *sniff sniff* Is that sarcasm I smell? *sniff sniff*
        Me....Being sarcastic...NEVER...Whatever gave you that idea
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Luciana View Post
          Absolutely stunning
          Originally posted by Linda06 View Post

I blame the people that had most influence like JM, PM, BW and MG....I don't blame CB or AM...CB after all wanted Ronon/Keller but MG had the most influence and he wated McKay/Keller so he won But at least CB managed to get a few digs in about McKay/Keller in his ep

I was under the impression they didn't know about the cancellation until they were way more than half way through the season and by that time it was pretty much too late to change anything. JM and PM IMO were bad showrunners, the characters were all over the place and the continuation more or less didn't exist!

Yeah, they didn't know for sure but the idea was loating about. When BW took a step back in, they knew something was up. That's all I'm saying. Characters being all over the place is something that goes wrong when a production has so many writers that want different things from the characters. Joe F said Rob C was the only one of them who could write Shepp, and yet we got a lot of good Sheyla episodes from other writers. I like having different writers but I think they all have to be on the same boat when it comes to characters and their relationships. In one episode, you have two characters really close (par example, JT) then in the next, they are so far apart that Teyla is calling him "Colonel" again. It's not right and it's bad writing which is why I think they should have done collaborative writing. Reading through the pages just isn't/wasn't good enough.
          don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

Absolutely stunning

Yeah, they didn't know for sure but the idea was loating about. When BW took a step back in, they knew something was up. That's all I'm saying. Characters being all over the place is something that goes wrong when a production has so many writers that want different things from the characters. Joe F said Rob C was the only one of them who could write Shepp, and yet we got a lot of good Sheyla episodes from other writers. I like having different writers but I think they all have to be on the same boat when it comes to characters and their relationships. In one episode, you have two characters really close (par example, JT) then in the next, they are so far apart that Teyla is calling him "Colonel" again. It's not right and it's bad writing which is why I think they should have done collaborative writing. Reading through the pages just isn't/wasn't good enough.
            Oh right, got'cha

SG-1 had a lot of writers but if I mind right they got together to discuss certain things I think...Or something like that, maybe that's why they had better continuity, because they actually spoke to each other instead of every writer going off and doing his own thing!
            sigpic

Comment

Happy Birthday sci.
              thats awesome luci
              http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj252/RachelDinozzo/Banner/John/requests_gifts/SciBday.jpg[/IMG]
              Some fanfic writers do most stuff better than TPTB

Now that's what i'm talking about Why should she be on the cover anyways, it's not like she's a main, main character...I mean Woolsey ain't on the cover so why should hse be on it!

Me....Being sarcastic...NEVER...Whatever gave you that idea
              lol i knew you would like that lol
              Sig Bye Me and Avi bye Luciana

Comment

lol i knew you would like that lol
                You know me too well
                sigpic

Comment

Oh right, got'cha

SG-1 had a lot of writers but if I mind right they got together to discuss certain things I think...Or something like that, maybe that's why they had better continuity, because they actually spoke to each other instead of every writer going off and doing his own thing!
                  Yeah, they did that with SGA, too. Tha's what I meant with reading the sheets. But... they still didn't adhere/seem cohesive. Each guy just went and wrote whatever. It was up to the actor to try and make the developments seem plausible.
                  don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

Happy Birthday Scifan!

Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, they did that with SGA, too. Tha's what I meant with reading the sheets. But... they still didn't adhere/seem cohesive. Each guy just went and wrote whatever. It was up to the actor to try and make the developments seem plausible.
                      They did? huh, didn't seem like it.....The characters should have been the one constant, not act like they had multiple personalities
                      sigpic

Comment

They did? huh, didn't seem like it.....The characters should have been the one constant, not act like they had multiple personalities
                        Interesting, that explains a few things.
                        Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

I have posted up Lightsaber story on ff.net under my account, the story title is called Randim Fun Stuffs, a bunch of random funny short stories with our favorite team of fun loving Wraith fleeing people. Would like to know what you guys think

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                          "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                          "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by LandJrule View Post

Anyway- it's all on here: http://www.sgafanschoice.com/

EDIT:
                            Just downloaded the template stuff off the site- there's exclusive pics of the cast in a zipped folder!
                            Just trying to extract the files- & will upload them for you all to see.
                            Hey LJ. It won't let me access the templates and pics. Can you send them to me please.

Originally posted by Teyilia View Post
                            No, that is Teyilia, not me, I'm from Harbin China

It is sleep time now though for me
                            Ohhhhhhh. Ok.

Originally posted by LandJrule View Post
                            Basically, the package of photos is to give us the templates, ect. that we need to do the covers.

The photos- apart from Torri & Paul- are just the edited versions of the S5 promo shots; either the ones of them walking through the water, or the gate room backdropped photos.
                            Unfortuneately, the Rodney photo doesn't seem to want to open on my computer- when extracting, it said it was password protected, which is clearly a mistake by the team who created the package.

The one that jumped out to me was the Teyla photo:
                            http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v3...Unreleased.jpg
                            The original file doesn't have the blue background- but apparently they've got some coding on it that stops the files from being saved as other files. So I had to take a screen shot of it, & the program it opens in has a blue backdrop- which shows up when the photo's background is white.

All characters are there- Sam, Rodney, Ronon, Keller, John, Carson, Teyla, Woolsey & Weir- plus there's photos of the city, the water shots they did (for the promos of them walking through water), & a few shots of the gate too.

I'm going to upload more pics on photobucket- of the city, water, gate & the awesome mock-up that's in another file I downloaded.

EDIT:
                            The Blu-Ray cover, made & put into a zip file, which I unzipped & re-saved as a JPEG:
                            http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ver_sample.jpg
                            Great job LJ!!

Originally posted by planet_tv View Post
                            I was thinking if someone is looking for a fic idea for the March birthdays you could use this idea I had for fan fic set in season 5 maybe have it set some time after Enemy at the Gate instead of after The Prodigal.
                            I'll give it a check. Thanks Planet.

Happy Birthday lea Hun
                            ill post your Gifts Later on
                            Thank you hun. Take your time.

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
                            Queen Teyla really needs some support or she's not going to last much longer...

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...51813&page=133
                            I'll be there after catching up.

Originally posted by SanGate View Post
                            Happy birthday Lea!!!

I'm not good with art though, so I can't give you a nice birthday pressie Hope you have a wonderful day hun!!

*sniff sniff* Is that sarcasm I smell? *sniff sniff*

So glad I'm not the only one

That's what I picked up from what he said yeah Might be my JT glasses, but who cares

I've already watched it a few times

Hello *waves*
                            Thanks San!! How are you doing?

Happy Birthday, Lea. I hope you like this I may choose to continue it as I had intended... But as of this moment, it's a one shot

Title: Paris, Je T’Aime
                            Summary: He’d told her once he’d show her Paris; now she was the one showcasing it for him.
                            Characters: John, Teyla
                            Pairing: John/Teyla
                            Rating: T
                            Beta: Jess (kind of, cause I edited some of it)
                            Spoilers: Enemy at the Gate

http://azure-horizon.livejournal.com/82807.html
                            Squeee. Thanks you Laura!! So beautiful.

Title: Life is but a Dream
                            Summary: The City couldn’t stay in the bay forever.
                            Characters: Carson, Rodney
                            Pairing: None
                            Rating: K+
                            Spoilers: Enemy at the Gate
                            Notes: A parody, inspired by some silliness in the taxi on the way to the Park Inn.

Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily life is but a dream...
                            Give me some time to catch up and read.

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
                            Hehe! You wrote it I'll read it after my lecture

Sci!
                            http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/g...s/Sci-bday.jpg
                            *HUGS!!* Thank you Cazz! Love It!

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
                            Come on, people, you need to vote DAILY.

Help Teyla.

Oh, happy birthday to the birthday girl!
                            I'll be there shortly.

You know guys! If we all pitched in to help Queen Teyla, she wouldn't have to struggle against Kenny.

Thank you Spikey.

Squeeee!! Another awesome Bday sig. Thank you Luci.

Comment

Birthday Alert

We've got another birthday in the house, y'all!

Padme18's birthday is on March 6th.

Her favorite characters/actors are Joe or John, Lorne or Kavan, Teyla, JT, and Sam/Jack.

Her favorite scenes are the Return head touch scene and the team getting back together, necklace scene in Rising, and Conversion.

She loves any kind of fics.

She likes wallies and sigs and would love a wallie that combines Han and Chewie with John and Ronon.

So let's get out there and celebrate!
                              sigpic
                              Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Happy birthday Lea!!!!!! I hope you have a completely awesomely blessed day! Have a pic fic!

http://yappichick.livejournal.com/48338.html

**hugs**
                                sigpic
                                Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X