John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi WITCHY!!!

I think there were scenes here and there...I think that the writers simply didn't know where to go from here. I think once they realize that there wasn't going to be a Season 6, they just let it go. Who knows. But there are glimpse of it.

Very minimal mind you, but they are there.

In The Queen, in First Contact, in the Outsiders, you see a bit of that protective John. There's even a scene in the Outsiders when he senses the Wraith, that I swear he's looking back to glance at Teyla...could just be my obsessive shippy eyes.

But there's no question that the writers simply didn't know or were really taking this very carefully on where they were going.

I still do believe that Gero was honest when he mentioned in the con that Teyla wasn't "thinking like that". What they focused for Teyla this season wasn't even her relationship with Kanan. It was her role as a mother and a team member. That was all they did for Teyla this season and they did that very early on.

Even in the Queen, it was all about her and her son and to be there for her people and that includes Atlantis. That was the focus for Teyla this season.

Hence, they weren't going to show her having any feelings romantically for John. In Search and Rescue is all about her connection, her bond, her trust and loyalty to John and that was shown on both sides. They have that complete trust for one another and that goes beyond what John has for any other of his team members.

That John would do anything for his team, that is unquestionable. But what he is not willing to do for Teyla is what sets her apart from the others.

He can't and won't let her go. He has for the others.

I like how Blue explained her thoughts on Joe and how he sees the season. I think for Joe and the others to see how their characters were simply put to shame this season must have been heartbroken and so true that they tried as much with as little as they were given to show the best of each character moment.

That is why I love these characters.

I think if we had had a Season 6, maybe this would have taken a different direction. They needed another season to fix this mess. They can't do it in a movie.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
      Sorry but even with my shippy glasses on I didn't feel any hint from Joe about Shep and Teyla

This what I picked up also to certain degree. Though, he did say that it was stated in the Larrin character that he was hoping for something but, in the end, it didn't workout that way. They could've have done all of it with Teyla but, the writers really do not know how or will not take a chance with a female character in that sense. (I hope this makes sense)

Originally posted by Camy View Post
      You were there and I wasn't....and you could be right, but did he mention anything about John and Teyla? Perhaps he just realized early on that he wasn't going to be shipped with her. But that Joe wanted a love interest for his character, he's said that many times before and moreso even recently after the show was announced cancelled.
      Nothing was really mentioned about JT at all really. It was clearly evident that they were not happy with the way the show was handled by the writers. I got the impression that were basically drones spewing out lines. The writers pretty much did what they wanted reguardless of what the fans or even the actors input was. They didn't listen to either. They did do what they wanted and that was it. They didn't care.

Originally posted by Camy View Post
      I think something did happen because even after the entire pregnancy and up to the Search and Rescue, and even in First Contact and The Queen we saw glimpse of what we know to be there. John and Teyla had to be taken apart in Season 5 otherwise, there's no way that the two characters couldn't be pulled together, and so very little screen time for both of them on screen. Now, don't misinterpret, I'm not stating that this is the reason for the lack of development for these two as individuals, but certainly neither one of them was taken into consideration for the rest of the season as characters; it was clearly Rodney and Keller Season 5.

But remember that even during Season 4, Kanan was going to be killed. And at the beginning of Season 5, there is that dream. Season 4 was clearly showing the jealous side of John, Joe and JM both confirmed that piece. So, the UST was still there, but it simply didn't continue or get resolved.

I seriously doubt, I'm almost certain that this isn't going to be even acknowledge in the movie. We are supposed to continue with Teyla happily ever after with Kanan!

I think after the acknowledgement and possibility that Season 6 was not going to happen, things went sour and all went down the hill after that.
      This, I feel, is pretty much it! IF we even get a movie. I don't think that there is going to be a movie. Even though, it wasn't really spoken to an extent, you could feel it. Let's face it! He's not RDA or SG-1. If you get the jist.

I really hope that they are able to get something going in the future very soon. I know I would certainly follow them on their new shows, movies, etc.

I'm happy that my JT can live in fanfic. Because, let's face it: fans are actually better writers for our fave character than even the creators themselves. Even though, they say they don't look at the fic. You know that they have sneaked a few peekies!
      1-800-Iluv-JandT
      sig by Sci!

Toll Free..Available 24 HRS...Remember..It can never be too much..

Comment

Originally posted by WitchBlade007 View Post
        quick post before I catch up....

HEY Camy!!!...*hugs*.....

I quite agree with this. After S&R it seems as though the people and relationship of John and Teyla was completely ignored. I really feel that the writer didn't even take the time to even break down the relationship so that the audience is convinced that these two people were still friends, and no longer had that UST that they spent many episodes showing...(especially after the scene at the end of S&R that showed just how important they were to each other). It was as if the relationship ended right there. Which made no sense to me...

It's as if the writers lacked the skill to even tackle the situation they'd created....

EDIT:
        As for th ending, re-thinking about it, It would have been nice to see a fun ending with all around smiles instead of the sort of somber, somewhat serious/contemplative look on almost everyone's face. It's like the writers tried for profound but it didn't come across very well. I would have enjoyed an ending like SG-1 had, it was a mix of serious and fun/teasing.
        ITA Witchy. Nicely said.

I was disappointed with alot of stuff they did this year.

ELF!!!!!!!!!!

*Tackles* and *HUGS*

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
          ITA Witchy. Nicely said.

Exactly! It was like a half eaten sandwich that you really didn't like in the first place. You just ate it because, you were hungry!
          1-800-Iluv-JandT
          sig by Sci!

Comment

Originally posted by elflinn View Post
            exactly! It was like a half eaten sandwich that you really didn't like in the first place. You just ate it because, you were hungry!
            ouch!!!!

Comment

ITA Witchy. Nicely said.

ELF!!!!!!!!!!

*Tackles* and *HUGS*
              Grabs and hugs Sci!

You feelin' better?
              1-800-Iluv-JandT
              sig by Sci!

Comment

ouch!!!!
                That was only analogy that popped in my head at the time that could describe my point.
                1-800-Iluv-JandT
                sig by Sci!

Comment

They weren't interested in taking a chance on Teyla because her name isn't Keller, and they weren't interested in taking a chance on JT because they weren't McKay/Keller....It's there fault for having the wrong name
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elflinn View Post
                    That was only analogy that popped in my head at the time that could describe my point.
                    Well, I hate to say that it's pretty close to how I feel, but my sandwich had some good spots in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                      They weren't interested in taking a chance on Teyla because her name isn't Keller, and they weren't interested in taking a chance on JT because they weren't McKay/Keller....It's there fault for having the wrong name
                      I think that might just be it!

NINJA! *huggles!*
                      1-800-Iluv-JandT
                      sig by Sci!

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                        Ok, don't shoot me for saying this, but...... if they didn't rush those two together and didn't make them the main couple and didn't ignored JT for it..... I wouldn't be upset with the idea of them. But it was too much in the face kinda thing. Sorry for those that actually ship them in here.

Comment

ITA Witchy. Nicely said.

ELF!!!!!!!!!!

*Tackles* and *HUGS*
                          yep yep!!!...I think that's why there's much of the season even though I've seen it that I can't remember.... (quite sad I know)

Exactly! It was like a half eaten sandwich that you really didn't like in the first place. You just ate it because, you were hungry!
                          ELFIEE!!!! you rock!!!..*lol*...

And now we have a stomach ache!!!!...

This what I picked up also to certain degree. Though, he did say that it was stated in the Larrin character that he was hoping for something but, in the end, it didn't workout that way. They could've have done all of it with Teyla but, the writers really do not know how or will not take a chance with a female character in that sense. (I hope this makes sense)

Nothing was really mentioned about JT at all really. It was clearly evident that they were not happy with the way the show was handled by the writers. I got the impression that were basically drones spewing out lines. The writers pretty much did what they wanted reguardless of what the fans or even the actors input was. They didn't listen to either. They did do what they wanted and that was it. They didn't care.

This, I feel, is pretty much it! IF we even get a movie. I don't think that there is going to be a movie. Even though, it wasn't really spoken to an extent, you could feel it. Let's face it! He's not RDA or SG-1. If you get the jist.

I really hope that they are able to get something going in the future very soon. I know I would certainly follow them on their new shows, movies, etc.

I'm happy that my JT can live in fanfic. Because, let's face it: fans are actually better writers for our fave character than even the creators themselves. Even though, they say they don't look at the fic. You know that they have sneaked a few peekies!
                          you know that might also have added to my feelings on S5....it really was lacking a bit in the emotion section (the material I mean)....since the actors can only do so much with what they're given.

R.I.P Wraithlord
                          Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

I think that might just be it!

NINJA! *huggles!*
                            I have my moments No many mind you

ELFIE! *huggles back* So how you feeling these days
                            sigpic

Comment

Ok, don't shoot me for saying this, but...... if they didn't rush those two together and didn't make them the main couple and didn't ignored JT for it..... I wouldn't be upset with the idea of them. But it was too much in the face kinda thing. Sorry for those that actually ship them in here.
                              Rushed? It was more than rushed my dear....It was like a runaway train

Oh and you forgot......And if it wasn't for the gross lack of chemistry
                              sigpic

Comment

GUYS! I see no fanfics for my challenge

Gimmie some fics guys!!

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                                "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                                "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Working...
                                X