John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Toomi View Post
    Loved reading your guys thoughts on Kanaan (did I seriously misspell his name??? I keep thinking it's the same name as the Tok'ra O'Neill had in him ) I remember reading on JM's blog ages ago something about the Kanaan thing and I don't know if he was taking me for a ride or telling the truth but I kinda saw what he was saying

Spoiler:
    He said that they did consider making it John's baby but it would seem so sudden to suddenly have them as a couple and a baby on the way and eventually the thought was dropped. So they invented the invisible babysitter.Had they written the baby as John's while the shipper in me would've screamed and squeed all the way around my house the sci-fi tv watcher in me would've been wondering 'what the frell?' If John had been the father I would've wanted to see a relationship begin between Teyla and him before the baby came along. I wonder if it was possible that the 'relationship' between Kanaan and Teyla was something akin to an arranged marriage (even though they never got married) and the baby was a result of attempting to uphold a tradition?

I dunno, I think I'm starting to babble. Did I make sense?
    I like your thoughts on this...however, although I agree that it wouldn't have been fair and right if John and Teyla had had a one nighter and then boomm baby, isn't that what they pretty much did anyways with introducing Kanan? didn't Teyla just say to John, it just happened? So, which character were they most concern about, John or Teyla?

That was a poor excuse to not use John as the father of the baby. They could have done a number of things, just like Kanan was a hidden love interest, why couldn't they have said that John and Teyla had been secretly dating as well.

The foundation between those two have been there all along since Season 1 and no one but Rodney would have been surprised by it all. Ronon wouldn't have been, Weir wouldn't have been, nor Carson, nor anyone else!

It could have been done. And it could have been done well and believable. Of course you'd always get those that would puke and hate it, but that I could have lived with. :O
    sigpic

Comment

Camy, I too would've lived with it, and lived happily with it I just would've wanted to see that relationship go beyond the close friendship to the point of having a baby... However, it would've been good to see sudden fatherhood befalling John. I was watching Quarantine last night and it was so funny when he was convinced that Teyla was going to go into labour.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Padme18 View Post
        OMG! (((hugs))) I hope everything is all right.
        Originally posted by Camy View Post
        hugs!!!
        YAY hugs *is sorta happy*

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
        "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
        "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

I like your thoughts on this...however, although I agree that it wouldn't have been fair and right if John and Teyla had had a one nighter and then boomm baby, isn't that what they pretty much did anyways with introducing Kanan? didn't Teyla just say to John, it just happened? So, which character were they most concern about, John or Teyla?

That was a poor excuse to not use John as the father of the baby. They could have done a number of things, just like Kanan was a hidden love interest, why couldn't they have said that John and Teyla had been secretly dating as well.

The foundation between those two have been there all along since Season 1 and no one but Rodney would have been surprised by it all. Ronon wouldn't have been, Weir wouldn't have been, nor Carson, nor anyone else!

It could have been done. And it could have been done well and believable. Of course you'd always get those that would puke and hate it, but that I could have lived with. :O
          I totally agree Camy. It could have been just as plausible to announce that John and Teyla had become more than friends than just to announce Teyla had been secretly seeing some unknown guy and the pregnancy just happened. It was obvious it wasnt planned and we don't even know how serious they were about one another.. friends that became something else... isnt that exactly what John and Teyla were.. so again why was it such a stretch to belileve that they became something more.

I think the writers panicked about John becoming a father and had some rediculous notion that John would be doing something inappropriate if he had a relationship with Teyla. Well if this was the case then there would be no relationships between any of the characters as they all work in close proximity to one another... and it didnt seem to bother the writers when they hooked McKeller up... didnt they worry that it would be inappropriate for a Doctor to start dating her patient.. sigh..

Seeing John become a parent could have opened up so much more for his character but like Teyla he got shoved to the background with the solitary man persona... again they don't need to spend much time on doing anything with his character if there's no emotional interactions with anyone.. John just became the cliched carboard cut out soldier... living to go on suicide missions.. and the writers seem to think you lose your zest for life when you become a mother.
          sigpic

Comment

Im just so Busy at the moment im barely getting any chance to do amy artwork at all or come online
            Sig Bye Me and Avi bye Luciana

Comment

Our thread is pretty far down. Let's keep it near the top.
              Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Cazzie, I Joined but I can't seem to see anything to vote on.... What am I doing wrong?
                They've changes the layout a bit, so you need to click on the discussion at the bottom This link should take you to the recent posts http://forum.gateworld.net/group.php...#gmessage19859

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Originally posted by Teyilia View Post
                  Hi all. Haven't been in lately because, well, for one thing I'd been cutting back on forums outside rpol wher emy games are hosted online. That and I've been working on many different things, such as surviving Samonella poisoning (on the mend thankfully), surviving a sudden uprising of SCS(SuperCellStorm) strength weather (three isolated SCSs inside of 120 minutes with one producing a F1 tornado and a confimed touchdown of same !!) along with surviving being broke and possibly losing the house
                  Oh my poor feline friend (((HUGGLES)))

Well they certainly didn't care about Teyla as they pretty much ruined her character in two seasons
                  sigpic

Comment

Snurchable. If anyone wants to snurch it.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Luciana View Post
                      http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj252/RachelDinozzo/Banner/shipper/SGA/Sheyla/SheylaThisKiss.jpg

It's so colourful and bright, me loves it

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Did so many dark arts. Was about time for some more colorful and bright.
                        sigpic

Comment

[IMG]http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj252/RachelDinozzo/Banner/shipper/SGA/Sheyla/SheylaThisKiss.jpg

that is awesome Luci
                          Sig Bye Me and Avi bye Luciana

Comment

Well, the final news verdict on the SCSs yesterday.... there were three SCS strength storms within 120 minutes. (making them a half hour to 45 minutes apart for each wave.) There was one confirmed death. a 62 year old from Jasper County (south east of my area) Three confirmed tornado touchdowns wthin half an hour of each other in three different counties. All in all. Life in GA is crazy, it is springtime now, i'm ready for winter again when the weather is calmer....

Also... I survived Samonella poisoning!!

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                            "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                            "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Battle of the ships... round 20

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...=63473&page=54
                              sigpic

Comment

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj252/RachelDinozzo/Banner/shipper/SGA/Sheyla/SheylaThisKiss.jpg

Consider it snurched

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
                                Voted
                                sig by Cazzblade

Comment

Working...
                                X