John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Toomi View Post
    And now I see a Kate/Sawyer one Think I'm gonna sit here and hit refresh for your sigs lol

I made another one... for Home. I wanted to do one with Farsape shots and SGA shots but it didn't work

This is awesome Toomi!! Thank you hun.

Originally posted by Dezrai View Post
    Gorgeous Snowball!! http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/p...olbanner01.gif

I'll try to find out Sci. Thanks hun!!

That's wonderful Donna!

Oh those are great!! And Cazz, I'm not sure if it is applicable, and I'm getting confused with the two challenges (sorry!) but for one of the challenges someone said there was no Search and Rescue tag. I wrote one when S & R premiered, so I'm not sure if it is applicable, but here is the link:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4401235/1/Torren_John

Oh no!! Say it isn't so Gater! I read those links you posted and they were all GREAT!!!

Wow again Snow. Just great!

Hi Padme. I was in bed all day today sick. Went to the doctor's and I have a sinus infection/upper respiratory. So now I'm doped up on meds! Yay me! But how about you??

And to everyone - all the art is just fantastic! As usual! http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/p...heerleader.gif
    Ok hun and NP I just wish I could've helpd more.

Originally posted by Toomi View Post
    Oh those are awesome too.

Originally posted by gater101 View Post
    Lovely sig Snow Gorgeous

Lol, cheers There's many of them, eh? Lol.
    Hey Laura! I just read your Paris snippet. I loved it!!

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
      Hmph, lost my quotes

Sci, the icons are bigger now not smaller They're gone from 60x60 to 80x80

Dez, that would be for Camy's challenge, PM her She did say that the fics had to be new though

Oh Ok. So, then it adjusted to be 60x60? Cause I always loaded it as 100x100.

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
        Oh Ok. So, then it adjusted to be 60x60? Cause I always loaded it as 100x100.
        Yup, GW always resized them Thats why they looked so tiny

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Hey Laura! I just read your Paris snippet. I loved it!!
          Thanks Not sure about it... We'll see
          don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

Yup, GW always resized them Thats why they looked so tiny

Gotcha!! I didn't realize that.

Thanks Not sure about it... We'll see
            Aww. You should.

I'm debating whether to take on Camy's Rewrite challenge for The Seed. I'll have to check the rules for it

Comment

Gotcha!! I didn't realize that.

Aww. You should.

I'm debating whether to take on Camy's Rewrite challenge for The Seed. I'll have to check the rules for it
              I thought about it and while I do have gripes with the season, there isn't much I would cange. The season is the season... There is nothing we can do about it. And to just quickly kill of Kanaan or have Teyla dump him for John after one episode just isn't likely to happen. That's why I commend the powers that write for sticking to their guns. I still think they made a mistake inventing Kanaan but they'd be making even more of a mistake to pretend like he didn't exist after S&R. Teyla would not have given up on him so easily. It's why I'm more likely to write a virtual season 6 than re-write season 5.
              don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

Just a reminder that voting will close at midnight tonight (GMT) Icons of SGA

Comment

I thought about it and while I do have gripes with the season, there isn't much I would cange. The season is the season... There is nothing we can do about it. And to just quickly kill of Kanaan or have Teyla dump him for John after one episode just isn't likely to happen. That's why I commend the powers that write for sticking to their guns. I still think they made a mistake inventing Kanaan but they'd be making even more of a mistake to pretend like he didn't exist after S&R. Teyla would not have given up on him so easily. It's why I'm more likely to write a virtual season 6 than re-write season 5.
                  But that's exactly what they did. They threw in the odd mention of him but otherwise they pretty much ignored his existance, and since we have never even heard Teyla refer to him by anything other than the father of her child it would be quite feasible IMO for her to announce that she was no longer with him... what did he really mean to her.. he was a childhood friend and then wham she was sleeping with him... she could have ended up with him for many reasons other than true love... he was Athosian... a friend.. someone from her culture.. they came together at a vunerable time.... but staying together for an unexpected pregnancy is not enough reason to start a life together.. if the ptb gave the guy one ounce of development or we had seen a smidgeon of feelings between them, then fair enough.. but so far we have seen nothing... she shows more love and care for John than she has for Kanaan,
                  Spoiler:
                  And I still find it difficult to swallow that Teyla would pick such a weak kind of character for a partner.... he didnt even have the balls to stand up to Michael and fight for his child and the so called woman he loved.. but suddenly when John and the team arrived, he was suddenly able to break Michael's hold and was willing to help..

I have read many plausible reasons why Teyla and Kanaan could split and all of them make sense... people can end up together for all the wrong reasons and staying in a miserable relationship with no real love or passion is not what I see Teyla doing.. but I doubt very much the PTB will ever change the situation between them.. they'll keep Teyla nicely tucked away with a guy they don't have to develop, just the odd name droping now and then .. and therefore that saves them having to write anything meaningful or interesting for Teyla...

So I don't expect anything else from these writers but I have a huge amount of faith in the wonderful JT writers who have managed to deal with Kanaan in a wonderfully sensitive way and stay true to all the characters... even Kanaan... Wedjatqi's and Desrai's fics are great examples...
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Snowball View Post
                    These are great Lin
                    Ta

But they did pretend he didn't exist Ya know, the invisible boyfriend and all that

EDIT: What blue said, she said it so much better
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Snowball View Post

100,000 Posts Artwork

Sunday (the sig took me fooooooorever i was ready to throw my computer out the window )

Spoiler:
                      http://i457.photobucket.com/albums/qq298/Snowball_1690/Sigs/sunday.png
                      Beautiful!
                      sigpic
                      Banner By Orangelusik!

Comment

Battle of the Ships..... round 19

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...91#post9770991
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
                          But that's exactly what they did. They threw in the odd mention of him but otherwise they pretty much ignored his existance, and since we have never even heard Teyla refer to him by anything other than the father of her child it would be quite feasible IMO for her to announce that she was no longer with him... what did he really mean to her.. he was a childhood friend and then wham she was sleeping with him... she could have ended up with him for many reasons other than true love... he was Athosian... a friend.. someone from her culture.. they came together at a vunerable time.... but staying together for an unexpected pregnancy is not enough reason to start a life together.. if the ptb gave the guy one ounce of development or we had seen a smidgeon of feelings between them, then fair enough.. but so far we have seen nothing... she shows more love and care for John than she has for Kanaan,
                          Spoiler:
                          And I still find it difficult to swallow that Teyla would pick such a weak kind of character for a partner.... he didnt even have the balls to stand up to Michael and fight for his child and the so called woman he loved.. but suddenly when John and the team arrived, he was suddenly able to break Michael's hold and was willing to help..

I have read many plausible reasons why Teyla and Kanaan could split and all of them make sense... people can end up together for all the wrong reasons and staying in a miserable relationship with no real love or passion is not what I see Teyla doing.. but I doubt very much the PTB will ever change the situation between them.. they'll keep Teyla nicely tucked away with a guy they don't have to develop, just the odd name droping now and then .. and therefore that saves them having to write anything meaningful or interesting for Teyla...

So I don't expect anything else from these writers but I have a huge amount of faith in the wonderful JT writers who have managed to deal with Kanaan in a wonderfully sensitive way and stay true to all the characters... even Kanaan... Wedjatqi's and Desrai's fics are great examples...
                          I agree Blue. If they had developed Kanaan at all it would have at least made more sense, but I think they would have had to make him more brave, courageous, or just more like John! Because I just don't think that Teyla would EVER have stayed with someone so weak!
                          Spoiler:
                          He didn't stand up to Michael at all, yet John came to rescue her while near mortally wounded!
                          And I think if it had been anyone else but Teyla, even Ronon or Rodney, he probably would have entrusted the mission to Lorne or someone while he had surgery since he could barely walk, but since it was Teyla...

And thanks! I'm glad you like my fics! I do tend to pour everything I have into them (do I need to get a life??)
                          &

Sig by Lil'Ferret

Comment

Originally posted by Dezrai View Post
                            I agree Blue. If they had developed Kanaan at all it would have at least made more sense, but I think they would have had to make him more brave, courageous, or just more like John! Because I just don't think that Teyla would EVER have stayed with someone so weak!
                            Spoiler:
                            He didn't stand up to Michael at all, yet John came to rescue her while near mortally wounded!
                            And I think if it had been anyone else but Teyla, even Ronon or Rodney, he probably would have entrusted the mission to Lorne or someone while he had surgery since he could barely walk, but since it was Teyla...

And thanks! I'm glad you like my fics! I do tend to pour everything I have into them (do I need to get a life??)
                            I don't even have a problem that he's not like John..
                            Spoiler:
                            ..but I can't see Teyla admiring someone so weak... he had several instances where he could have helped her but he refused.. but suddenly he changes his mind when John and the team show up...

But even JM pretty much admitted Kanaan was a waste of space when he referred to him as the invisible babysitter... not a good discription from one of the writers....
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
                              I don't even have a problem that he's not like John..
                              Spoiler:
                              ..but I can't see Teyla admiring someone so weak... he had several instances where he could have helped her but he refused.. but suddenly he changes his mind when John and the team show up...

But even JM pretty much admitted Kanaan was a waste of space when he referred to him as the invisible babysitter... not a good discription from one of the writers....
                              I wonder if they refer to him as that in the script

Comment

I wonder if they refer to him as that in the script

Wouldnt be surprised....

A typical day around the writers table....

"So guys.. what do we think Teyla and the invisible baysitter should be doing in this episode?"....

The others stare at .. (insert writers name..) "UM...as he's invisible I guess that means we don't have to bother writing anything for him"...

"Oh good, shall we do a Rodney centric episode again then"...

They all nod enthusiastically....
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X