John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
    To me that just shows that any PTB can't please everyone, cos everything I've read about CSI:NY this latest season has said D/L has been a nightmare I'm not looking forward to it airing over here

Guess we have read two different sides then...
    Spoiler:

There is an large CSI forum on the net that has all three shows.. there I'm sure they have nothing else to say.. it's basically DL haters and Lindsay haters that are there..there is nothing else but thrown insults at DL, Lindsay/Anna and her fans.. they basically hate her..

I've seen reviews from even no ship fans saying it's been subtle..not in your face and a storyline that thought to be oh uh... turned actually into being done in a tasteful way..

Nightmare..that is a classic DL haters answer.. they would ship Danny with a doornail if it ment to get him away from Lindsay..not to mention the venom against Anna..even wishing her to misscarry.. now that is plain disgusting and in no way I'm listening to anything they say... or for the fact of in every interview all they try to do is trick Carmine into saying he hates to the storyline..haven't happened yet..all they seem to make is piss him off
    sigpic
    Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
      I think JM's version of team seems to be different to ours and he still seems to think that Teyla had as much screentime as Keller.... didnt seem like it to me.....but hopefully the movie will be a little more balanced and more team feeling.... and team eps are not just eps where they stand next to each other..... I want them to interact like a close knit team and not like strangers who barely seemed to know each other at times.
      Agreed! And I don´t buy that for a second. Well, I guess they thought giving Teyla one ep would make up for the lack of actually doing anything else that season. *sigh*
      And I still think that Identity should have been Teyla´s episode!!

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1.../Sunday-50.jpg

Who makes Teyla smile like this....

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...unday-64-1.jpg

Oh of course.... John.....Wonderful natural moments like this is what was missing from seasons 4 and 5..
      Lovely pics!

Though... in season 4, in Doppelganger,

it was she who stayed with John to make sure he´s okay after "Touching strange things"

and

after Heightmeyer, well .. she went straight to him for comfort, even though he was technically .... responsible for it...

and another ...

17. Spoils of War

when she realized he had been right about her needing to take a break in favor of her child.

Check out this amazing vid by SGAFan on YouTube Joe IS Rockford!
      picfic craziness against boredom: Col.Sheppard & the nutty whumpers

Comment

Originally posted by SheppAddictedFangirl View Post

http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/5059/vlcsnap2318901sa1.jpg

it was she who stayed with John to make sure he´s okay after "Touching strange things"

and

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/9996/vlcsnap2333446gx8.jpg

after Heightmeyer, well .. she went straight to him for comfort, even though he was technically .... responsible for it...

and another ...

17. Spoils of War
        http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/604/vlcsnap59647yt6.jpg

when she realized he had been right about her needing to take a break in favor of her child.
        Oh yes they are all beautiful moments between them....and as much as I love them they were due to moments of loss and grief....I would still love to see some more lighthearted moments with them just chilling out and maybe even goofing around....... more popcorn and movies...

Season 4 began the theme of doom and gloom and I really didnt mind the darker moments, but it l became a little bit too gloomy and dark IMO and the characters lost their lightheartedness and fun side.. which I missed.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Snowball View Post
          Thanks luv

Love this scene

I really should think about continuing my AU fic huh? I suck
          ... on a lollipop?!

Originally posted by NinaM View Post
          I thank you ...you are sweet

Haha Requiem for a dream that one sure put me in misery *lol* glad though I didn't give up on it since at it in the end it took home the Best Episode Based season 3 video award
          And well deserved, cause that vid totally rocks!

Oh yes they are all beautiful moments between them....and as much as I love them they were due to moments of loss and grief....I would still love to see some more lighthearted moments with them just chilling out and maybe even goofing around....... more popcorn and movies...

Season 4 began the theme of doom and gloom and I really didnt mind the darker moments, but it l became a little bit too gloomy and dark IMO and the characters lost their lightheartedness and fun side.. which I missed.
          That´s true.

Wish we had more like this:

sesaon 5

Spoiler:

ya know... minus McKay

Comment

Spoiler:

The Queen
            Spoiler:
            I loved the fact that when he realized she was gonna do this,,suddenly it wasn't okay anymore.. he was more hesitant..
            also the fact that this talk took place in his room all by themselves..not in a conference room or something.. that he talked to her in private.. shows how he cares, and that he maybe thought he could get her to change her mind if talking to her more private.. he seemed pretty much okay with the fact that someone had to do it,,but when knowing it would be Teyla he suddenly wasn't so okay with it all...
            sigpic
            Sigs by Scifan

Comment

... on a lollipop?!

That´s true.

sesaon 5

Spoiler:

ya know... minus McKay

Haha for that pic...just look at McKay..it's like he is thinking.. what is wrong with this control..I can't seem to win over Sheppard with this one.. it must be tampered with *lol*
              sigpic
              Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Haha for that pic...just look at McKay..it's like he is thinking.. what is wrong with this control..I can't seem to win over Sheppard with this one.. it must be tampered with *lol*
                *gigglesnort*

Comment

I also love this little moment between them in Lifeline...
                  Shows how much he believes in her,,trusts her..
                  He knows he can count on her incase something goes wrong and he wont be there..
                  To give the people hope and to help them survive..
                  sigpic
                  Sigs by Scifan

Comment

... on a lollipop?!

sesaon 5

Spoiler:

ya know... minus McKay

Minus the baby as well...

Spoiler:
                    The only time we saw Teyla smile was when she was bouncing the baby.... any other times she was all serious and grim.... I just hate the whole baby arc and if Kanaan had been killed off I probably wouldnt mind those scenes as much but they just serve to highlight just how far apart JT have become...

Spoiler:
                    http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k132/johnteylafan/Queen2.jpg[/IMG]
                    http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k132/johnteylafan/Queen1.jpg[/IMG]

The Queen
                    Spoiler:
                    I loved the fact that when he realized she was gonna do this,,suddenly it wasn't okay anymore.. he was more hesitant..
                    also the fact that this talk took place in his room all by themselves..not in a conference room or something.. that he talked to her in private.. shows how he cares, and that he maybe thought he could get her to change her mind if talking to her more private.. he seemed pretty much okay with the fact that someone had to do it,,but when knowing it would be Teyla he suddenly wasn't so okay with it all...
                    Spoiler:
                    I liked that scene in the Queen... it has nothing to do with the baby or Michael and it just showed how much John cared about Teyla's wellbeing...... though it made it even more difficult to accept Kanaan as being Teyla's partner.... where was he when Teyla was in danger.... the guy never made an appearance and it was always John who was there to save her...
                    sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                      The only time we saw Teyla smile was when she was bouncing the baby.... any other times she was all serious and grim.... I just hate the whole baby arc and if Kanaan had been killed off I probably wouldnt mind those scenes as much but they just serve to highlight just how far apart JT have become...

Spoiler:
                      I liked that scene in the Queen... it has nothing to do with the baby or Michael and it just showed how much John cared about Teyla's wellbeing...... though it made it even more difficult to accept Kanaan as being Teyla's partner.... where was he when Teyla was in danger.... the guy never made an appearance and it was always John who was there to save her...
                      very true...

Spoiler:
                      Evertime Teyla went through something,, and even in this..taking on something like this.. risking herself like this.. not once was Kanaan even mentioned..that he had talked to her,, been to visit her... way to go to make us believe it's two people crazy in love with eachother.. the guy to be there..sit by and wait to hear about the transformation.. who was there through it all ,, wanted to get her out,, didn't want her to go through with it,, who was there at the end visit her..sorry his name was JOHN... he was beside her,, so way to go to try and convince people Kanaan is the big true love.. never heard off,,never seen,,not even mentioned.. and in all those places he should have been there have been John... hell I feel even Ronon and Rodney were more there for her then Kanaan ever was.. so sorry that is one thing that doesn't convince me ,,they can try to do the invisible act but it makes me just believe more he wasn't anything important.. or meant that much to Teyla more then a dear friend...
                      sigpic
                      Sigs by Scifan

Comment

very true...

Spoiler:
                        Evertime Teyla went through something,, and even in this..taking on something like this.. risking herself like this.. not once was Kanaan even mentioned..that he had talked to her,, been to visit her... way to go to make us believe it's two people crazy in love with eachother.. the guy to be there..sit by and wait to hear about the transformation.. who was there through it all ,, wanted to get her out,, didn't want her to go through with it,, who was there at the end visit her..sorry his name was JOHN... he was beside her,, so way to go to try and convince people Kanaan is the big true love.. never heard off,,never seen,,not even mentioned.. and in all those places he should have been there have been John... hell I feel even Ronon and Rodney were more there for her then Kanaan ever was.. so sorry that is one thing that doesn't convince me ,,they can try to do the invisible act but it makes me just believe more he wasn't anything important.. or meant that much to Teyla more then a dear friend...
                        Oh I totally agree Nina...but the tpb don't seem to think of things like this when they paired Teyla off with the invisible man...
                        sigpic

Comment

It's pretty unbelievable that the ptb gave us the wonderful dream sequence in Search and Rescue
                          Spoiler:
                          where John and Teyla's connection almost jumped off the screen, and then didnt continue with it... . all John's subconsious feelings were manifested in that dream.. he cherishes her above all others and wants to be alone with her.. that to me confirms only one thing... he loves her... sigh..

I don't know what went on in the writers head... their attempt at writing the baby arc just fell flat and they seemed to think that if Teyla had been secretely involved with someone else then she couldnt possilby be seen to be close to John again... not only John but her whole team it seems..

There seemed to be a total lack of direction in season 5.. not just with John and Teyla but in general... its like each writer just did what the felt like and this totally effected the cohesion of the show and previous seasons... I think a lot of the focus was put on Keller and McKeller and everyone else forgotten about..

But after reading JM's long essay on shipping I think he and the writers realised what a mistake they had made.... McKeller didnt go down the way they thought it would and many fans including non shipppers were very disappointed in the treatment of John/Teyla as a a pairing and as individual characters..... JM acknowleded himself that JT were to be the canon ship and that Teyla was the perfect woman for John.... and I think he also thought the Kanaan character was pretty lame as he referred to him as the invisible babysitter as well......
                          Was this from a recent blog? Or the one where he was explaining himself and the rest of tptb a couple of weeks ago?
                          sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

I agree with both of you, Nina and blue

Well, guess the PtB hated their own decision to put her up with that guy. It wasn´t supposed to be if Rachel hadn´t gotten pregnant in real life.
                            It´s her right of course, but I think season 4-5 had been MUCH different without the change. I just wish
                            Spoiler:
                            they had gone through with their original thought of making Sheppard the baby´s father. It would have been sweet! Who cares about "sheppard woudn´t do something that unprofessional......" pfft.

Like Dr. Keller was all that professional when she started to date not one, but actually two of her patients.

Pairing up John/Teyla would have made that whole shipping disaster more bearable, to me anyway. The way they did it was just plain show killing cause the only guy who doesnt´deserve it gets it all.. *cough* quarantine*

gawd... who would WANT that one?!

sorry for the rant...

It truly is a shame that not only the thought of "shipping" J/T was dropped, but their friendship as a whole as well. Like others have said, they didn´t even seem to know each other anymore. After everything that happend over the past years, that was a major let down
                            Last edited by SheppAddictedFangirl; 02 February 2009, 09:43 AM.

Comment

I agree with both of you, Nina and blue

Well, guess the PtB hated their own decision to put her up with that guy. It wasn´t supposed to be if Rachel hadn´t gotten pregnant in real life.
                              It´s her right of course, but I think season 4-5 had been MUCH different without the change. I just wish
                              Spoiler:
                              they had gone through with their original thought of making Sheppard the baby´s father. It would have been sweet! Who cares about "sheppard woudn´t do something that unprofessional......" pfft.

Like Dr. Keller was all that professional when she started to date not one, but actually two of her patients.

Pairing up John/Teyla would have made that whole shipping disaster more bearable, to me anyway. The way they did it was just plain show killing cause the only guy who doesnt´deserve it gets it all.. *cough* quarantine*

gawd... who would WANT that one?!

sorry for the rant...
                              I agree and I don't see why it was such a problem for John to be the father...they had been building up their relationship for 3 years but it was too much to accept that they could have taken it to the next step... once Teyla found out she was pregnant she could have gone to Lornes team if she wanted to continue to fight the Wraith.... we couldnt of seen any less of her than we saw in season 5 anyway....

So I just have to roll my eyes when the writers thought it was more plausible to bring some unknown guy out of nowhere and announce that he and Teyla had been secret lovers... is that the Teyla they had shown us over 3 years... why would she go behind her closest friends backs and hide her relationship with Kanaan...why would she lie to John about it and keep her pregnancy from him.. it was all such a shambles.
                              I think John being a father would have opened up a whole new side to him.... and we could have learned so much more about him and the relationship with his own father... but instead the hero has to have emotional issues and doesnt deserve to end up with anyone... so what happend to the Shep in season one that said he would like to have kids...

Ahh... such wasted potential....thank God for amazing fanfic like Lost ..... it's sad that fanfic writers have much more of a grasp on the characters than the writers of the show..... and can come up with such interesting and creative ideas .... and I don't just mean for John and Teyla...
                              sigpic

Comment

I honestly believe that if we had a season 6 it would have been a lot better. The ptb tried to change things too much in season 5 and a lot of it didnt work so I think they are aware of that.... aware Keller wasn't the beloved character they expected her to be and the same with McKeller.... the biggest complaint I have seen for season 5 was the lack of team feeling and this was an issue with most fans whether they were shippers or not.... Kanaan was pretty much an insult to our intelligence..... I still think it was detrimental to Teyla's character and I will never see her move on without making any attempt to let John know how she felt.. but at the end of the day the writers didnt really know their own characters or each of the writers seemed to have a different view of them and this is what caused the lack of cohesion to previous seasons.

I hope we get more of the team feel in the movie and they go back to basics though I fear it may just be another EATG...
                                Spoiler:
                                lots of fast moving action but very little character development.
                                If the writers want to hold onto Kanaan as being the love of Teyla's life then they need to put a bit more effort and explanation into it.....
                                Spoiler:
                                Kanaan just doesn't come across as dynamic or strong enough for Teyla...... he was too afraid to help her and her unborn child but then as soon as John and the team showed up he was suddenly willing to help..but yet this is never touched upon ..so again just a very inplausible scenario..

Hopefully the movie will get back to basics and we will at least get some nice team moments between all of them.. including John and Teyla.... and they need to either get rid of Kanaan or at least show us what she sees in him.. and somehow I don't think they will put any more effort into that relationship than they have done in the past.... so Kanaan really needs to get dressed in a red shirt and that particular part of Teyla's life put to rest and get back to spending more time on the team and the wonderful relationships and friendships between them...
                                Nicely said Blue and I'm not holding my breath on anything different for the movie. I rather be happily surprised instead of disappointed.

As for Kanaan. I totall agree.
                                Spoiler:
                                How can he go from coward to hero? How can all these years that John and the team have know her and her people that Kanaan doesn't know about them and visa versa. I can go on with this rant, but its nothing we haven't said before and I wish they(writers) would explain why the put bad hints in eps to cover their mistakes. Like Elizabeth's comment. How come she knows him, or Ronon in BAMSR.

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
                                Thanks Sci There aren't any brushes other than the text in the right hand corner, its two textures

I like to think that a season 6 would be more team focused but then I remember before S5 starting people were complaining about the lack of team in S4 and JM said there would be more team eps in S5, he also said there would be more Teyla...
                                Oh cool. They make it look awesome. I also found a vid tutorial for loading my brushes better and now I can use them. Will be doing art soon.

I think JM's version of team seems to be different to ours and he still seems to think that Teyla had as much screentime as Keller.... didnt seem like it to me.....but hopefully the movie will be a little more balanced and more team feeling.... and team eps are not just eps where they stand next to each other..... I want them to interact like a close knit team and not like strangers who barely seemed to know each other at times.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1.../Sunday-50.jpg

Who makes Teyla smile like this....

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...unday-64-1.jpg

Oh of course.... John.....Wonderful natural moments like this is what was missing from seasons 4 and 5..
                                I agree and I think he's confusing how many eps with how long on each show. Jewel had less eps then Rachel, but I still think Rachel had less air time and dialogue.

Plus, he did say we would see more of Rachel this year and she was out 4 eps like in S4. Before that. I think she was only out of 1 ep total for 3 seasons. That was GuP.

I love the playfulness of them in this ep. Her conning her way out of it and him looking hurt too. Awwww.

Agreed! And I don´t buy that for a second. Well, I guess they thought giving Teyla one ep would make up for the lack of actually doing anything else that season. *sigh*
                                And I still think that Identity should have been Teyla´s episode!!

Lovely pics!

http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/5...2318901sa1.jpg

and

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/9...2333446gx8.jpg

and another ...

17. Spoils of War
                                http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/6...ap59647yt6.jpg

See this is another thing that baffles me. It's like S&R. We can clearly see that she cares for him. Plus the dream, that later turns into a nightmare.
                                But come on. The way she says goodnight to him. Please and then to say she ran to K. I'm still confused. They needed a woman's POV on that story ark IMO.

And still kind of laugh during that heated in the locker room. She gives him this pouty face and it saddens him, but once he's gone.... she's POd!!

... on a lollipop?!

That´s true.

sesaon 5

Spoiler:
                                I love the ending with Teyla laughing. We hadn't see that alot during this season.

The Queen
                                Spoiler:
                                Yes. Yes!! I loved that too.
                                Spoiler:
                                And I also think that the fact that they are in his room leave it for him to be more free about his thoughts, without outside interference and easedroppers. And I think if, Amelia didn't call him, he would've continued. I also love that it wasn't a shouting match. Like you, "You aren't doing it!" vs. "Yes, I am!" She can feel his concern and she most likely had them as well, but couldn't see any other way.

Plus, him in the waitingroom. Spoke loud for me.

Hee hee.

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k1.../lifeline3.jpg

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k1.../lifeline4.jpg

I also love this little moment between them in Lifeline...
                                Shows how much he believes in her,,trusts her..
                                He knows he can count on her incase something goes wrong and he wont be there..
                                To give the people hope and to help them survive..
                                Flash forward to S5. He does the same in TLT.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                                Well, I'll have to disagree in Prodical though.
                                Spoiler:
                                In the beginning of the ep, she was stressed to get him down and not happy at all, the of course the same with Mike around, but at the end was different. She was glowing, IMO. He helped her defeat Michael. Maybe not by kicking him off the top of the tower, but John found away to stop Michael enough for her to give Torren over to Amelia and for her to hunt Michael down.
                                Then John calls her Supermom, when she felt doubt. That comment made he go awwww. You can see it in her face. I personally think she was looking at John most of the time towards the end and laughing for finally feeling happy at that moment. Again. IMO.
                                Then, there's another thing. How did he know that Torren got a full night sleep? He must be keeping tabs on her or something like that.

very true...

Spoiler:
                                Well said!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X