No announcement yet.

John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sci, have you posted your TMC tag on the LJ?

Hi MrsB How you doing? I saw the 3rd ep of Supernatural yesterday, it was awesome! One of my favourite ever

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

100,000 Posts Celebration

Season 2

Siege, Part 3:

Intruders:

Runner:

Duet:
      Snowball:
      http://i457.photobucket.com/albums/q...s/jealousy.png

Condemned:

Trinity:
      Scifan:

Instinct:
      Scifan: (made for TF's B'day)
      http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z...day-JT-I-1.jpg
      http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z...-Bday-JT-1.jpg

Conversion:
      Scifan: (made for Devine's B'day)
      http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z...eBday-JT-1.jpg
      (old art)
      http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z...lings-JT-2.jpg
      http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z...gthemoment.jpg
      (old art)

Snow:

Donna:
      http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r...yChallenge.jpg

Aurora:

The Lost Boys:

Donna:
      http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r...helostboys.jpg

The Hive:
      Scifan:

Epiphany:

Critical Mass:

Grace Under Pressure:

The Tower:

The Long Goodbye:
      Scifan: (old art)
      http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z...dt/CaresJT.jpg

Coup D' Etat:

Michael:

Hope:

Inferno:

Allies:

Season 1 Art

Remember: They can be old or new. Sigs, wallies and/or icons.

Edit: Added Hope's sig for Michael
      Last edited by scifan; 02 February 2009, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsB108 View Post
        Congrats Sci on your milestone....
        Thanks MrsB. I hadn't noticed.

How are you? Ready for Heroes tonight.

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
        Nice tag sci...
        Thanks Blue!!

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
        Sci, have you posted your TMC tag on the LJ?

Hi MrsB How you doing? I saw the 3rd ep of Supernatural yesterday, it was awesome! One of my favourite ever

Sorry hun. Not yet. I wanted Jess to beta it first. I hope you don't mind me posting it in here first.

Comment

Hey Cazz! How are you? Oh the
          Spoiler:
          flashback one??? Wasn't that SO cool? I thought Mitch Pileggi did such a great job and they really cast young John and Mary so well!

Originally posted by scifan View Post
          Thanks MrsB. I hadn't noticed.

How are you? Ready for Heroes tonight.

NP Sci! How you doing? Yup Heroes and Chuck are back tonight. Did you watch the latest Seeker yet?

Comment

Spoiler:
            flashback one??? Wasn't that SO cool? I thought Mitch Pileggi did such a great job and they really cast young John and Mary so well!

NP Sci! How you doing? Yup Heroes and Chuck are back tonight. Did you watch the latest Seeker yet?
            I'm ok. Had a busy weekend, but all was good.

Nope, not yet. Plan on watching it on Hulu after little man is off to school.

Tonight, for me will be, House, Heroes and then CSI: Miami. (Only because of Eric and Kaleigh. )

Comment

Sorry hun. Not yet. I wanted Jess to beta it first. I hope you don't mind me posting it in here first.
              No, no, I just wondered if it was me that couldn't find it

Comment

Spoiler:
                OT
                Spoiler:
                Aye that one Mitch Pileggi was amazing, seriously, I'd emmy nominate him for that performance!!

I just thought it was great for them to go back to the main theme of the first season, and it was a masterstroke to make their mum a hunter I want to see young John and Mary again ((huggles Dean ))

Comment

No, no, I just wondered if it was me that couldn't find it
                  It's posted a few pages back, but when I put it up on the LJ site I will let you know.

Comment

It's pretty unbelievable that the ptb gave us the wonderful dream sequence in Search and Rescue
                    Spoiler:
                    where John and Teyla's connection almost jumped off the screen, and then didnt continue with it... . all John's subconsious feelings were manifested in that dream.. he cherishes her above all others and wants to be alone with her.. that to me confirms only one thing... he loves her... sigh..

I don't know what went on in the writers head... their attempt at writing the baby arc just fell flat and they seemed to think that if Teyla had been secretely involved with someone else then she couldnt possilby be seen to be close to John again... not only John but her whole team it seems..

There seemed to be a total lack of direction in season 5.. not just with John and Teyla but in general... its like each writer just did what the felt like and this totally effected the cohesion of the show and previous seasons... I think a lot of the focus was put on Keller and McKeller and everyone else forgotten about..

But after reading JM's long essay on shipping I think he and the writers realised what a mistake they had made.... McKeller didnt go down the way they thought it would and many fans including non shipppers were very disappointed in the treatment of John/Teyla as a a pairing and as individual characters..... JM acknowleded himself that JT were to be the canon ship and that Teyla was the perfect woman for John.... and I think he also thought the Kanaan character was pretty lame as he referred to him as the invisible babysitter as well......
                    I agree with that...

And to be honest...if they can see the mistake and all that.. then for crying out loud do something about it then.. if there truly will be a movie or movies..since I seem to be reading two very different views whereever you turn..then correct it then.. it's not that hard..if fan fic writers can do that the if they just put the head to it and do it like they have realized then a professional writers it should be a piece of cake to correct a mistake if even they can see it now... get on with it...or do I need to ask someone for a whip...
                    Spoiler:

Once again an example to CSI NY... backhalf of season 4 well a large part of the season itself wasn't at all good.. the quality sucked.. storylines that didn't make sense,,destruction of one character,, his behaviour just didn't fit how everyone has seen him for the past seasons.. ratings dropped for several of the episodes.. fans had riot acts because of some of the things they pulled.. they took a lot of heat for what they did with it all... the strike I'm sure didn't help and how they wanted to get out the epis as fast as they could.. but the major thing is ,,that season 5 did a complete turnaround.. stronger storylines.. more into the characters..not just dropping crap on our heads.. and the one character they took through destruction they have build it up changed him,,made him mature and grow stronger.. if you just see and realize and hear that not everything you do g down well.. then make the changes.. since the last thing would be to want to tank a show do to crappy writing.. you hardly go out on the top with fans pissed off because they couldn't do something useful... they took the heat and changed it for the better.. and so can the writers for SGA as well do... if there will be movies since they keep saying there will be.. actually I get to different views on it but whatever..my point is make it better then..don't follow the path that didn't seem to go down that well.. listen then and make the changes.. I hardly think anyone is looking for a full blown love story.. but confirmation and to move forward..if they can make that for McKeller..they sure as heck can do that for JT... just toss the useless invisible babysitter to where he belongs and move ahead then.. learn something from mistakes not just keep doing them...

Rant over...
                    sigpic
                    Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Originally posted by NinaM View Post
                      I agree with that...

And to be honest...if they can see the mistake and all that.. then for crying out loud do something about it then.. if there truly will be a movie or movies..since I seem to be reading two very different views whereever you turn..then correct it then.. it's not that hard..if fan fic writers can do that the if they just put the head to it and do it like they have realized then a professional writers it should be a piece of cake to correct a mistake if even they can see it now... get on with it...or do I need to ask someone for a whip...
                      Spoiler:

Once again an example to CSI NY... backhalf of season 4 well a large part of the season itself wasn't at all good.. the quality sucked.. storylines that didn't make sense,,destruction of one character,, his behaviour just didn't fit how everyone has seen him for the past seasons.. ratings dropped for several of the episodes.. fans had riot acts because of some of the things they pulled.. they took a lot of heat for what they did with it all... the strike I'm sure didn't help and how they wanted to get out the epis as fast as they could.. but the major thing is ,,that season 5 did a complete turnaround.. stronger storylines.. more into the characters..not just dropping crap on our heads.. and the one character they took through destruction they have build it up changed him,,made him mature and grow stronger.. if you just see and realize and hear that not everything you do g down well.. then make the changes.. since the last thing would be to want to tank a show do to crappy writing.. you hardly go out on the top with fans pissed off because they couldn't do something useful... they took the heat and changed it for the better.. and so can the writers for SGA as well do... if there will be movies since they keep saying there will be.. actually I get to different views on it but whatever..my point is make it better then..don't follow the path that didn't seem to go down that well.. listen then and make the changes.. I hardly think anyone is looking for a full blown love story.. but confirmation and to move forward..if they can make that for McKeller..they sure as heck can do that for JT... just toss the useless invisible babysitter to where he belongs and move ahead then.. learn something from mistakes not just keep doing them...

Rant over...
                      To me that just shows that any PTB can't please everyone, cos everything I've read about CSI:NY this latest season has said D/L has been a nightmare I'm not looking forward to it airing over here

Comment

Lea and San, awesome writing!!! I'll have it beta'd for you today, Lea!
                        sigpic
                        Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

To me that just shows that any PTB can't please everyone, cos everything I've read about CSI:NY this latest season has said D/L has been a nightmare I'm not looking forward to it airing over here

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/g...-valentine.jpg

This is beautiful Cazz. I love the brush you used.

I swear I must be loading my brushes wrong, because I just get the shape of the brush, but not the detail of it. It's fustrating some times.

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
                          Lea and San, awesome writing!!! I'll have it beta'd for you today, Lea!
                          Thanks Jess and no worries. Take your time.

Comment

I honestly believe that if we had a season 6 it would have been a lot better. The ptb tried to change things too much in season 5 and a lot of it didnt work so I think they are aware of that.... aware Keller wasn't the beloved character they expected her to be and the same with McKeller.... the biggest complaint I have seen for season 5 was the lack of team feeling and this was an issue with most fans whether they were shippers or not.... Kanaan was pretty much an insult to our intelligence..... I still think it was detrimental to Teyla's character and I will never see her move on without making any attempt to let John know how she felt.. but at the end of the day the writers didnt really know their own characters or each of the writers seemed to have a different view of them and this is what caused the lack of cohesion to previous seasons.

I hope we get more of the team feel in the movie and they go back to basics though I fear it may just be another EATG...
                            Spoiler:
                            lots of fast moving action but very little character development.
                            If the writers want to hold onto Kanaan as being the love of Teyla's life then they need to put a bit more effort and explanation into it.....
                            Spoiler:
                            Kanaan just doesn't come across as dynamic or strong enough for Teyla...... he was too afraid to help her and her unborn child but then as soon as John and the team showed up he was suddenly willing to help..but yet this is never touched upon ..so again just a very inplausible scenario..

Hopefully the movie will get back to basics and we will at least get some nice team moments between all of them.. including John and Teyla.... and they need to either get rid of Kanaan or at least show us what she sees in him.. and somehow I don't think they will put any more effort into that relationship than they have done in the past.... so Kanaan really needs to get dressed in a red shirt and that particular part of Teyla's life put to rest and get back to spending more time on the team and the wonderful relationships and friendships between them...
                            sigpic

Comment

This is beautiful Cazz. I love the brush you used.

I swear I must be loading my brushes wrong, because I just get the shape of the brush, but not the detail of it. It's fustrating some times.
                              Thanks Sci There aren't any brushes other than the text in the right hand corner, its two textures

I honestly believe that if we had a season 6 it would have been a lot better. The ptb tried to change things too much in season 5 and a lot of it didnt work so I think they are aware of that.... aware Keller wasn't the beloved character they expected her to be and the same with McKeller.... the biggest complaint I have seen for season 5 was the lack of team feeling and this was an issue with most fans whether they were shippers or not.... Kanaan was pretty much an insult to our intelligence..... I still think it was detrimental to Teyla's character and I will never see her move on without making any attempt to let John know how she felt.. but at the end of the day the writers didnt really know their own characters or each of the writers seemed to have a different view of them and this is what caused the lack of cohesion to previous seasons.
                              I like to think that a season 6 would be more team focused but then I remember before S5 starting people were complaining about the lack of team in S4 and JM said there would be more team eps in S5, he also said there would be more Teyla...

Comment

Thanks Sci There aren't any brushes other than the text in the right hand corner, its two textures

I like to think that a season 6 would be more team focused but then I remember before S5 starting people were complaining about the lack of team in S4 and JM said there would be more team eps in S5, he also said there would be more Teyla...

I think JM's version of team seems to be different to ours and he still seems to think that Teyla had as much screentime as Keller.... didnt seem like it to me.....but hopefully the movie will be a little more balanced and more team feeling.... and team eps are not just eps where they stand next to each other..... I want them to interact like a close knit team and not like strangers who barely seemed to know each other at times.

Who makes Teyla smile like this....

Oh of course.... John.....Wonderful natural moments like this is what was missing from seasons 4 and 5..
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X