• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excerpts from the Stargate Magazine
    Advanced Telemetry:
    McCullough Crowns The Queen

Spoiler:
    Season 4 of Stargate: Atlantis introduced new field of depth into the growing series. Season-wide arcs were attempted in a way that few seasons of Stargate: SG-1 could compare. The show took on a darker hue, and new, bold stories were introduced.

The many facets explored paved inroads for Teyla Emmagan, the resident Athosian and Wraith hybrid of Atlantis, as well as Todd, Sheppard's Wraith inmate from Common Ground. Stargate staff writer Alan McCullogh recently told The Official Stargate Magazine about some of the exciting turns for these characters. "We make a proposition to Todd later in season five," he revealed. "The episode I'm just finishing right now is called The Queen. We go to Todd with a gene therapy we've managed to develop using Michael's research, which we believe will make the Wraith able to process food and thus not have to feed on humans anymore."

Getting the Wraith to switch from humans as their food source is something the Atlantis expedition has been pursuing for some time. "Todd" has sought ways to separate himself from his Wraith brethren, so he would be the logical Wraith to whom Atlantis would offer a taste test. "Of course, Todd, who's always got his own agenda, asks us to do something in return, which is what the episode becomes about. It becomes a very Teyla-focused story. Essentially Todd has joined an alliance of other hives, but the only way he can. He's had to fake his way in and lie and say that he had a queen on board...it goes in an interesting direction after that."

The story for The Queen was a culmination of a story McCullough pitched, and a story script coordinator Alex Levine, pitched the previous season. "He pitched a story where there was a Wraith summit and we tried to infiltrate it," said McCullogh. "We were trying to infiltrate a Wraith summit and we needed to go in undercover. Using that pitch, as well as some story elements that I pitched this year, we built the story."

Teyla already has Wraith DNA, which may allow her to masquerade as a queen. "There are subtle arcs happening in season five," McCullogh told The Official Stargate Magazine. "And who knows? Maybe we'll come up with something in the back half of season five that tears it wide open. You never know and, all of a sudden, it will spin things off in a completely different direction."

Rachel Luttrell Interview
    Spoiler:

Rachel Lutrell by Brian Cairns

...This year Teyla gets more insight into the Wraith than she ever bargained for when she makes a disturbing transformation into the Queen herself! "That was a loaded episode," admits Lutrell, "When I found out I had to do that, I was very concerned because I am a mom, my little guy's with me all the time, and everybody was like 'Oh, you're going to terrify your son!' I had that in the back of my head that I was going to look like a monster. I like to believe my child is incredibly enlightened, but perhaps all babies are. They've got no palette of what a monster is or any of that, so yeah, I came into the trailer in stages. There's a mask that they put on you and it's latex and foam. It's got built into it various different forms of what the Wraith would have, such as higher cheekbones, a more pronounced brow, chin, and all that kind of stuff. They glue it on to your face first and after they have done that - which takes quite awhile, because they've got to lay it quite precisely around all of your features - I went into the trailer to see how he would be and he laughed. Mind you, I had spent the two weeks prior to that putting avocado on my face going, 'Look, crazy Mommy! Look, what is Mommy doing now?' I went into the trailer, he looked at me and went 'Heh, heh, heh' so I knew that it was going to be okay. But yeah, it takes about four-and-a-half to five hours to do that," adds Lutrell. "It's very uncomfortable because you're completely encased. It's kind of claustrophobic. The mask is put on and it completely transforms you. And then the make-up they use is mixed with the glue, they paint some of it on, and they airbrush the veins. So it's layer upon layer upon layer, and it's really quite a precise art, but they did a wonderful job. I certainly didn't recognize myself."

As rough as it was for Lutrell, it definitely raised some questions about Teyla, too. “There was a lot going on,” she agrees, “It was wonderful for me because I got to work with Chris Heyerdahl, who is such an amazing actor and a great guy as well. We talked about the scenes and he said, ‘It’s very interesting what’s going on with you – how much of Teyla is actually enjoying this, how much of her DNA speaks to this, and how much is she resisting that?’ There was a lot going on and that’s hinted at, at the end of that episode.” Teyla’s gamble will also thrust her into an unexpected position of responsibility and, at least in the near future, alter the Wraith status quo. “That was the last episode that I finished shooting, so I haven’t had a chance to bite into the next episodes and see how that will play through but it certainly will,” notes Lutrell. “Now that she’s embodied the Wraith Queen, it’s certainly heightened her connection to the Wraith and heightened the abilities that she already had. Not only that, but at the end of this particular episode, she’s now the leader of an alliance of Wraith and it’s very bizarre. It’s not a role that Teyla hopes to revisit, but it’s one she knows that if she has to, she would,” continues Lutrell. “She leaves it in the hands of Todd, but as it turns out, the Queen is the supreme ruler and she is the Queen, so who knows. It’s very interesting…”
    Sig Bye Me and Avi bye Luciana

Comment

HAPPY BIRHDAY NINA!!!!

Comment

Wow!!! Awesome art everyone and great ending to your fic Sci!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsB108 View Post
          HAPPY BIRHDAY NINA!!!!

Awesome Mrs B
          Sig Bye Me and Avi bye Luciana

Comment

Thanks Donna!!

Comment

Happy birthday, Nina!!!!!

Here's another present!

Left in the Cold

And everyone, EXCELLENT artwork!!!! Sci, love your story, but you knew that!
              sigpic
              Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                Um yeah..I went to bed and forgot to sign off Anywho...Awesome piccie Li
                Originally posted by asgard30 View Post
                It's beautiful thanks for sharing
                I am glad that you both like it, Teyilia and I just got back from Dragon*Con (we went in costume from the TVC Serie the picture is promoting) it was fun! I liked it, Teyilia had a blast though (Teyilia went as the lady in the blue dress, I went as my normal character rather then the stunt double)

Anyhow I am glad that you both like the poster. Would you like a translation of what is said?

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

YC - Hysterical pic fic man. As always....

Comment

Originally posted by DONNA BOOTH View Post
                    Wow these are all Awesome Guys shell love them

Ok I'll might pop into the thread and ask them!

Thanks...Yeah alot of help you are

hehe,thank's!

Yep saw it in the Teyla thread

Vegas
                    Spoiler:
                    Oh that would be awesome...Teyla singing and detective Shep drooling over her

Thanks Donna!
                    I wasn't exited about Vegas until I saw your pov yeah i would like this lol
                    Thanks for Posting Elf Hun these are the Pics ive really been looking forward to and now i cant believe i finally get to see the Pics but OMGim moving and wont have the Internet for THREE WHOLE WEEKSARRRGHH damn internet Company
                    Glad that you could see them before going
                    Wow they are so beautiful and I so love the text in the wallpaper so true. and awesome sig. It's beautiful
                    Just came to Post this from the Front page im going to try and get this issue http://www.gateworld.net/news/2008/0...e_24_now.shtml
                    Yeah
                    Excerpts from the Stargate Magazine
                    Advanced Telemetry:
                    McCullough Crowns The Queen

Spoiler:
                    Season 4 of Stargate: Atlantis introduced new field of depth into the growing series. Season-wide arcs were attempted in a way that few seasons of Stargate: SG-1 could compare. The show took on a darker hue, and new, bold stories were introduced.

The many facets explored paved inroads for Teyla Emmagan, the resident Athosian and Wraith hybrid of Atlantis, as well as Todd, Sheppard's Wraith inmate from Common Ground. Stargate staff writer Alan McCullogh recently told The Official Stargate Magazine about some of the exciting turns for these characters. "We make a proposition to Todd later in season five," he revealed. "The episode I'm just finishing right now is called The Queen. We go to Todd with a gene therapy we've managed to develop using Michael's research, which we believe will make the Wraith able to process food and thus not have to feed on humans anymore."

Getting the Wraith to switch from humans as their food source is something the Atlantis expedition has been pursuing for some time. "Todd" has sought ways to separate himself from his Wraith brethren, so he would be the logical Wraith to whom Atlantis would offer a taste test. "Of course, Todd, who's always got his own agenda, asks us to do something in return, which is what the episode becomes about. It becomes a very Teyla-focused story. Essentially Todd has joined an alliance of other hives, but the only way he can. He's had to fake his way in and lie and say that he had a queen on board...it goes in an interesting direction after that."

The story for The Queen was a culmination of a story McCullough pitched, and a story script coordinator Alex Levine, pitched the previous season. "He pitched a story where there was a Wraith summit and we tried to infiltrate it," said McCullogh. "We were trying to infiltrate a Wraith summit and we needed to go in undercover. Using that pitch, as well as some story elements that I pitched this year, we built the story."

Teyla already has Wraith DNA, which may allow her to masquerade as a queen. "There are subtle arcs happening in season five," McCullogh told The Official Stargate Magazine. "And who knows? Maybe we'll come up with something in the back half of season five that tears it wide open. You never know and, all of a sudden, it will spin things off in a completely different direction."

Rachel Luttrell Interview
                    Spoiler:

Rachel Lutrell by Brian Cairns

...This year Teyla gets more insight into the Wraith than she ever bargained for when she makes a disturbing transformation into the Queen herself! "That was a loaded episode," admits Lutrell, "When I found out I had to do that, I was very concerned because I am a mom, my little guy's with me all the time, and everybody was like 'Oh, you're going to terrify your son!' I had that in the back of my head that I was going to look like a monster. I like to believe my child is incredibly enlightened, but perhaps all babies are. They've got no palette of what a monster is or any of that, so yeah, I came into the trailer in stages. There's a mask that they put on you and it's latex and foam. It's got built into it various different forms of what the Wraith would have, such as higher cheekbones, a more pronounced brow, chin, and all that kind of stuff. They glue it on to your face first and after they have done that - which takes quite awhile, because they've got to lay it quite precisely around all of your features - I went into the trailer to see how he would be and he laughed. Mind you, I had spent the two weeks prior to that putting avocado on my face going, 'Look, crazy Mommy! Look, what is Mommy doing now?' I went into the trailer, he looked at me and went 'Heh, heh, heh' so I knew that it was going to be okay. But yeah, it takes about four-and-a-half to five hours to do that," adds Lutrell. "It's very uncomfortable because you're completely encased. It's kind of claustrophobic. The mask is put on and it completely transforms you. And then the make-up they use is mixed with the glue, they paint some of it on, and they airbrush the veins. So it's layer upon layer upon layer, and it's really quite a precise art, but they did a wonderful job. I certainly didn't recognize myself."

As rough as it was for Lutrell, it definitely raised some questions about Teyla, too. “There was a lot going on,” she agrees, “It was wonderful for me because I got to work with Chris Heyerdahl, who is such an amazing actor and a great guy as well. We talked about the scenes and he said, ‘It’s very interesting what’s going on with you – how much of Teyla is actually enjoying this, how much of her DNA speaks to this, and how much is she resisting that?’ There was a lot going on and that’s hinted at, at the end of that episode.” Teyla’s gamble will also thrust her into an unexpected position of responsibility and, at least in the near future, alter the Wraith status quo. “That was the last episode that I finished shooting, so I haven’t had a chance to bite into the next episodes and see how that will play through but it certainly will,” notes Lutrell. “Now that she’s embodied the Wraith Queen, it’s certainly heightened her connection to the Wraith and heightened the abilities that she already had. Not only that, but at the end of this particular episode, she’s now the leader of an alliance of Wraith and it’s very bizarre. It’s not a role that Teyla hopes to revisit, but it’s one she knows that if she has to, she would,” continues Lutrell. “She leaves it in the hands of Todd, but as it turns out, the Queen is the supreme ruler and she is the Queen, so who knows. It’s very interesting…”
                    Thank you so much for this interview really interesting can't wait lol
                    It's beautiful MrsB and great colors I love it
                    Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
                    Happy birthday, Nina!!!!!

Here's another present!

Left in the Cold

And everyone, EXCELLENT artwork!!!! Sci, love your story, but you knew that!
                    and so wll done i can't believe they take it so seriously lol awesome and Lorne
                    sigpic
                    Sig by the Great Linda06

Comment

Originally posted by Teyilia View Post
                      I am glad that you both like it, Teyilia and I just got back from Dragon*Con (we went in costume from the TVC Serie the picture is promoting) it was fun! I liked it, Teyilia had a blast though (Teyilia went as the lady in the blue dress, I went as my normal character rather then the stunt double)

Anyhow I am glad that you both like the poster. Would you like a translation of what is said?
                      Sure it would help me a lot
                      sigpic
                      Sig by the Great Linda06

Comment

Sure it would help me a lot
                        Spoiler:
                        Heh, Very well, I shall translate it (what need be translated. some things shall remain un translated for personal reasonings)

Along the top of the picture is says, "Based on the Novel; Lai Bach Phat Ma Nu Zhaeun by Liang Yu Sheng" then along the left side it says the tilte "The White Hair Maiden" then in red in the middle area are the six main actors names (which will remain untranslated save for two) Jian Qin Qin & Julian Cheung. Overall rating (since it was on screen and not in a movie cinima) PG-13 in America MA-21+ in the Far East.

I for one am glad that you like the picture, it is really only a pormotional poster for the Serie as a whole in China and Taiwan.

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                        "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                        "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Spoiler:
                          Heh, Very well, I shall translate it (what need be translated. some things shall remain un translated for personal reasonings)

Along the top of the picture is says, "Based on the Novel; Lai Bach Phat Ma Nu Zhaeun by Liang Yu Sheng" then along the left side it says the tilte "The White Hair Maiden" then in red in the middle area are the six main actors names (which will remain untranslated save for two) Jian Qin Qin & Julian Cheung. Overall rating (since it was on screen and not in a movie cinima) PG-13 in America MA-21+ in the Far East.

I for one am glad that you like the picture, it is really only a pormotional poster for the Serie as a whole in China and Taiwan.
                          Thanks for the translation. Sure it's beautiful and totally styled I like it but don't ask me to write again the novel title correctly lol and can I ask what the story is about ?

I need to go for now see you later HUGS
                          sigpic
                          Sig by the Great Linda06

Comment

Happy Birthday Nina!
                            Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

Looks like it would be a good movie. Too bad we can't see it with subtitles.
                              Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

It's so beautiful I love it
                                Thanx asgard!

Awesome cazz...

OT footie
                                Spoiler:
                                Uh oh....So is Arsenal gonna get another goal when they should be throwing the ball basck to the opposition
                                Thanx
                                OT
                                Spoiler:
                                That or the ref will colide with one of our players stopping him from intercepting the ball that ends up in the back of the net

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NINA !
                                I really hope you'll like it
                                Spoiler:
                                [URL=http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn194/asgardjackson/JTart/Sigs/nina.jpg]http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn194/asgardjackson/JTart/Sigs/th_nina.jpg[/IMG]
                                Beautiful!

Happy birthday Nina

I made a sig....They're the same kinda sig but with a different Teyla pic so i dunno which one you like best so i'll post them both...

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n153/Linda0606/Stargate%20Atlantis/my%20siggies/JTSOWJPEGNinabirthday.jpg

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n153/Linda0606/Stargate%20Atlantis/my%20siggies/JTSOWJPEGNinabirthday2.jpg
                                Love them!

Wow these are all Awesome Guys shell love them
                                Happy Birthday Nina
                                http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r9/donna211_2006/Jt%20Banners/ForNinasBirthday.jpg

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r9/donna211_2006/Jt%20Banners/12190514511956-1.jpg

Spoiler:
                                http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r9/donna211_2006/Jt%20Banners/ForNinasBirthday2.jpg
                                Thanx Donna! Your art is great

HAPPY BIRHDAY NINA!!!!

http://forum.gateworld.net/picture.php?albumid=606&pictureid=8077
                                Fab!

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Working...
                                X