John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mornin' Y'all!

Can ya'll believe it! It actually looks like I am going to get to 8000 posts finally! All it took was SGA getting cancelled to get my posting butt in gear. Who knew! I feel complete, like a new Elfie!

As to MrsB's question about JT...
    Spoiler:
    I really don't know. You would want to think that is leading up to something for sure. But, right now, I am really having a hard time putting hope into that. But, deep in my shippy heart, I really want them at least some sort minute comfirmation that they actually were intending JT from the get go.

But, like I said, that is shippy heart and me looking through my shippy glasses. This whole thing with Teyla being so formal and cold towards John is just crazy.

I guess, in the end, it will only Mckay that rises up to the top and of course, be the one who crosses over to the new series. He will be the only one that will come up smelling like rose somewhat.

But, if I had it my shippy way, JT all the way Girlie!!
    1-800-Iluv-JandT
    sig by Sci!

Toll Free..Available 24 HRS...Remember..It can never be too much..

Comment

Originally posted by Camy View Post
      Hi guys,

I've been so busy and so out of the loop but I got several emails from some thoughtful friends *thank you* on the current news.

I have to be honest, a part of me was expecting this. I've been getting ready for this since Season 3.

First it was with the news that some characters were going to be let go and I dreaded and cried thinking it would be Teyla. Then I thought it would be John! Gosh, how I cried.

Then Season 3 ended up being my favorite season of all despite the fact that it really didn't have that much of Teyla in it. But it was still a more wholesome season for me, with Season 1 right on it's heels.

Season 4 wasn't as bad as I thought but Season 5 so far has not led to its expectations for me, and well, I was already starting to step back.

Mind you, I just found this out 5 minutes ago, but I think I'm really ready for this.

I am looking and excited at the prospect of the movie. I think the writers will give us this movie sooner than we think and at the very least we won't have to wait that long. More importantly, Season 5 won't end in a cliffhanger....*phew* I think we will definetely know where JT is going at the end of all of this.

It does saddened me, but it also gives me closure.

Whatever happens...*my eyes are watering now* I know that I will be happy even if in the end, it won't be how I wanted.

I hope it does. But it won't be long till we do know.

I am feeling more now for the actors than anything else. I feel for Joe, Rachel, David, and Jason more than anyone else. These four actors have graced my mind and my heart and soul for five years. I've done things, created things, thought of things, met so many wonderful people because of the performance that these actors have given me in five years, specifically Joe and Rachel. I do have to find a way to tell them this.

Never have I done anything like this in my entire life, and that I will miss because I know that a part of me will die along with them.

But I will cherish it forever. And I thank them for that.

So, I'm still numb. A part of me is sort of relieved because for the past 4 years I've dedicated too much to this, and that part of the addiction is not good, but like I wrote, another part of me is glad that at least I'll know where this is going and I just hope and pray that at the end of it all, John and Teyla will end up in each other's arms. Otherwise, that part of it all will be very hurtful.

So, I think that a chapter is closed but another will open.

I thank all of you for your friendship, your support, and your love.

I'm sure this isn't the end for us either. As long as JT is around, we need to be strong.

Hugs,
      Camy
      Well said Camy. I'll still be around after the show is gone. I love this place!

((hugs to all))
      Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

I am so furious!!! There's more info on Universe on the front page! They basically say that they don't care about the existing fans they want new ones. At that all TV show have a lifespan! That's the problem ATLANTIS' HAS BEEN CUT OFF EARLY!

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Welll I guess that was the biggest fatest confirmation on WHY SGA was canceled...to make way to the boring Stargate Universe...a show that is ship based flying around the galaxy to place out stargate in orbit or whatever...oh how fun that sounds like...*NOT* I've seen Star Trek thank you very much and those shows is not in my taste... Battlestar Gallactica a most shipbased show I think,,hate that one.. so all I say to the third show is *SNORE*

They can say whatever they want...if you cancel a very well loved show.. and then the next day you get a slap in the face with the news that the new show has been given green light...then they can say whatever they want until they are blue in the face.. but if you keep telling how hard it is to have to shows at the same time..how much work it needs to be into it..how much it costs and yada yada... then I see only one thing..SGA was sacrificed for the new show which from the sounds of it are going to be a really expensive show.. if they are talking about it gets more worse when the costs goes up and all that...yeah good luck with a show that seems then to be even more expensive then the shows has been before since the start...I guess it's because they will need more FX.. because of being in space all the time.. and might end up in my space battles then Atlantis for example.. well then I really don't see this show going far... so thanks for that slap in the face...

Even so...I have to say... that no matter how pissed we are at the moment of how stupid the dollar eyes are at companies..that always only care for the money... that green colored shaped smelly piece of paper *lol* I have to say this... that no matter how angry we are right now...how pissed at the poeple we are... we can't let Atlantis take the hit for that... what I mean is...we have to keep showing them our support.. buying Atlantis stuff...keep buying the DVD's ,,,making sure to by the movies... and to support the movies when they air on TV...because let's face it... if we don't we are the ones that in the end will ultimately break Atlantis... then we will be the cause for it not being more then that one movie...since that was what JM hinted at... that this is HOW Atlantis will be in the future...it will be kept going in movie format... to maybe be able to put out 1 movie a year or something... but if we don't support Atlantis we wont even be getting that.. since after this season is ending let's face it...the money talk will be even more forced... if the money doesn't come in they I'm sure wont hesitate to sink Atlantis all together...and if we truly love the show, love the actors, love the characters then we have to stay loyal to them... screw Universe...I'm not saying to support that..but to support the one show we have come to love so much and the one that is now being sacrificed...

I was going to say something yesterday,,,I had it all written and then my comp went into some damn updating and shut down and started over and I lost it all...but in short..hrmm not that I seem to be able to keep it short *lol*
          Would I have loved the show to go on...of course I would have...
          getting movies each year perhaps.. in opposite of not getting any Atlantis at all... well for me..no matter how mad I am at the moment, how sad I am ,, I then rather take the movies in opposite of never having anything new with Atlantis ever again...

The question for me will be if I'm going to be able to keep up my insperation for making more JT and John videos...hopefully I will...I will have 5 seasons worth of material.. and hopefully several of movies to come to get new material to work with...

I've read several of the Shep whumpers that still will be coming here to keep in touch with our Stargate family...and I truly truly hope I wont lose contact with my JT family either... I would hate for our friendship to come to and end because the show is coming to an end as a TV series... hopefully there still will be a long line of movies for us to talk about... and hopefully we will get something when it comes to JT... I'm still coming back to the comic con question and answer... JM and I'm sure the most of them might have had a feeling this was going to happen.. and maybe they are willing to take a chance..
          JT isn't JS ... they have never had the things standing in their way as J/S had... I just hope they don't chicken out of it.. S&R had to have been there for a reason... it has to be a reason behind what is going on at the moment,,,and there must be some kind of reason behind what was being told and hinted at over at comic con...

For me my love for JT will still be there...this is the couple I've seen so much chemistry between and I can't just stop seeing it or stop loving them...
          sigpic
          Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
            I am so furious!!! There's more info on Universe on the front page! They basically say that they don't care about the existing fans they want new ones. At that all TV show have a lifespan! That's the problem ATLANTIS' HAS BEEN CUT OFF EARLY!

Well then let's hope it will turn out as their biggest fatest failure ever....
            sigpic
            Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Grumble,,,grumble... wrote it all up and then boom Server failure...I'm not writing that again... *sigh*
              sigpic
              Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Hey guys. Just a quick post and then I'm off for the weekend.

I lost my previous post. My PC had an error sigh.

Any way....

Linda:

Thanks for the nice comments.

I would complain to both MGM and Scifi. I'll get Scifi later.

Unless someone else is able to make you one, I will try to do a Teyla sig for you Sunday.

MrsB:

I'm not too sure. As much as I would love to say yes, tptb having given us much to hope for.

I agree that I would love more confirmation.

Elf:

You didn't answer my question.

For you bday, Fluff or Angst/Whump fic.

So far I have Angst/Whump, but I can change if you want something else.

I hope I have tons of pages to catch up on when I get back.

Miss ya.

Comment

Originally posted by NinaM View Post
                  Grumble,,,grumble... wrote it all up and then boom Server failure...I'm not writing that again... *sigh*
                  Yeah yeah. That's what happened to me.

Sorry Nina and Cazz that I don't have time to read your post.

Bye.

Comment

Well that sucks..........It was us,the loyal fans that put Stargate where it is today and what do they do......Screw us over bigtime...Well I for one hope their beloved SGU crashes and burns quicker than you can say......Well crash and burn,heh....I will forever and always support SG-1 and Atlantis whatever form we get it in but I WILL NOT support SGU......After the way the treated us....The loya fans who made Stargate what it is today.....Who've been fans for over 10 years.....Just so they can get new fans....Well screw them and screw SGU I can see this royally blowing up in their faces!

Welll I guess that was the biggest fatest confirmation on WHY SGA was canceled...to make way to the boring Stargate Universe...a show that is ship based flying around the galaxy to place out stargate in orbit or whatever...oh how fun that sounds like...*NOT* I've seen Star Trek thank you very much and those shows is not in my taste... Battlestar Gallactica a most shipbased show I think,,hate that one.. so all I say to the third show is *SNORE*

They can say whatever they want...if you cancel a very well loved show.. and then the next day you get a slap in the face with the news that the new show has been given green light...then they can say whatever they want until they are blue in the face.. but if you keep telling how hard it is to have to shows at the same time..how much work it needs to be into it..how much it costs and yada yada... then I see only one thing..SGA was sacrificed for the new show which from the sounds of it are going to be a really expensive show.. if they are talking about it gets more worse when the costs goes up and all that...yeah good luck with a show that seems then to be even more expensive then the shows has been before since the start...I guess it's because they will need more FX.. because of being in space all the time.. and might end up in my space battles then Atlantis for example.. well then I really don't see this show going far... so thanks for that slap in the face...

Even so...I have to say... that no matter how pissed we are at the moment of how stupid the dollar eyes are at companies..that always only care for the money... that green colored shaped smelly piece of paper *lol* I have to say this... that no matter how angry we are right now...how pissed at the poeple we are... we can't let Atlantis take the hit for that... what I mean is...we have to keep showing them our support.. buying Atlantis stuff...keep buying the DVD's ,,,making sure to by the movies... and to support the movies when they air on TV...because let's face it... if we don't we are the ones that in the end will ultimately break Atlantis... then we will be the cause for it not being more then that one movie...since that was what JM hinted at... that this is HOW Atlantis will be in the future...it will be kept going in movie format... to maybe be able to put out 1 movie a year or something... but if we don't support Atlantis we wont even be getting that.. since after this season is ending let's face it...the money talk will be even more forced... if the money doesn't come in they I'm sure wont hesitate to sink Atlantis all together...and if we truly love the show, love the actors, love the characters then we have to stay loyal to them... screw Universe...I'm not saying to support that..but to support the one show we have come to love so much and the one that is now being sacrificed...

I was going to say something yesterday,,,I had it all written and then my comp went into some damn updating and shut down and started over and I lost it all...but in short..hrmm not that I seem to be able to keep it short *lol*
                    Would I have loved the show to go on...of course I would have...
                    getting movies each year perhaps.. in opposite of not getting any Atlantis at all... well for me..no matter how mad I am at the moment, how sad I am ,, I then rather take the movies in opposite of never having anything new with Atlantis ever again...

The question for me will be if I'm going to be able to keep up my insperation for making more JT and John videos...hopefully I will...I will have 5 seasons worth of material.. and hopefully several of movies to come to get new material to work with...

I've read several of the Shep whumpers that still will be coming here to keep in touch with our Stargate family...and I truly truly hope I wont lose contact with my JT family either... I would hate for our friendship to come to and end because the show is coming to an end as a TV series... hopefully there still will be a long line of movies for us to talk about... and hopefully we will get something when it comes to JT... I'm still coming back to the comic con question and answer... JM and I'm sure the most of them might have had a feeling this was going to happen.. and maybe they are willing to take a chance..
                    JT isn't JS ... they have never had the things standing in their way as J/S had... I just hope they don't chicken out of it.. S&R had to have been there for a reason... it has to be a reason behind what is going on at the moment,,,and there must be some kind of reason behind what was being told and hinted at over at comic con...

For me my love for JT will still be there...this is the couple I've seen so much chemistry between and I can't just stop seeing it or stop loving them...

Well said Nina...I too don't want to lose the friends I've made in here....And like i said I will support SG-1 and Atlantis but I will not,after the way they treated us, support SGU
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                      Hey guys. Just a quick post and then I'm off for the weekend.

I lost my previous post. My PC had an error sigh.

Any way....

Linda:

Thanks for the nice comments.

I would complain to both MGM and Scifi. I'll get Scifi later.

Unless someone else is able to make you one, I will try to do a Teyla sig for you Sunday.

MrsB:

I'm not too sure. As much as I would love to say yes, tptb having given us much to hope for.

I agree that I would love more confirmation.

Elf:

You didn't answer my question.

For you bday, Fluff or Angst/Whump fic.

So far I have Angst/Whump, but I can change if you want something else.

I hope I have tons of pages to catch up on when I get back.

Miss ya.
                      You away all weekend sci I'll miss you!
                      sigpic

Comment

Yeah, i just read it and honestly, at this point, i'm not impressed. Like Nina said, it's pretty much Star Trek. Since the first mention of SGU i wasn't really impressed but now even less with the cancellation of SGA. How can i even think of getting into another show with SGA being cancelled for it. Nah. Who knows if my mind will change later or if i'll even think of giving the new show a try but right now, i'm not interested in it and i'm sorry, the premiss sounds boring.

Originally posted by MrsB108 View Post
                        So who thinks J/T
                        Spoiler:
                        will happen in the movie? Anyone?

D.Hewlett's latest Twitter update:
                        Spoiler:
                        "No more weekly McKay...sniffle...still, it's an actors life for me! ;-)"
                        Honestly, if Kanaan wasn't a factor i can say
                        Spoiler:
                        yes, that i would think more significant steps to the JT relationship would have been made. Since they plan to make more SGA movies in the future, i wouldn't expect them to get them together but i think we would get that confirmation we have been waiting for since season 1. But now, with the unknown of Kanaan...i honestly don't know. It truly depends if they get rid of Kanaan this season. I believe that their story plan has been set, at this moment, the decision is pretty much made to keep Kanaan or not from the writers. So all we can hope for is that he is gone. This is the chance for the writers to go through with JT since no more seasons will happen. I always hoped that when the time came for the show to end, this is the moment the writers will see that they have nothing to loose and give us our JT but with Kanaan...i don't know.

Awww!!!...i so feel for the actors!. Thanks for letting us know what David said
                        sigpic

Sig by Camy

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                          Well that sucks..........It was us,the loyal fans that put Stargate where it is today and what do they do......Screw us over bigtime...Well I for one hope their beloved SGU crashes and burns quicker than you can say......Well crash and burn,heh....I will forever and always support SG-1 and Atlantis whatever form we get it in but I WILL NOT support SGU......After the way the treated us....The loya fans who made Stargate what it is today.....Who've been fans for over 10 years.....Just so they can get new fans....Well screw them and screw SGU I can see this royally blowing up in their faces!

Well said Nina...I too don't want to lose the friends I've made in here....And like i said I will support SG-1 and Atlantis but I will not,after the way they treated us, support SGU
                          I know....new audience...yeah let's just forget of the fans that has gotten them to where they are today... sheez...

Every show has a lifespan,,sure they do... but I don't get the whole thing of ending something that is going well..that is briging in viewers.. so how come then CSI is going into ti's 9th season... ER is on what 12 or 13th season... if it works you don't go and cancel it for something unknown...you run with something until you feel it might be coming to and end rating wise or the intrest in fans..I've seen that it's more intrest for Atlantis now..it is getting good numbers this season... it's getting attention.. I wouldn't have said if they would be pulling of number as 0.6 and the intrest is nowhere to be found...but it's not... I think the Replicators has replaced their brain or something...

Just thanks for that... if not the cancelation is a slap in the face.. then the biggest slap is that the fans that has gotten them where they are today..how have been loyal to them for over 10 years..who has bought their DVDs ..gone to all kinds of conventions... that we don't matter... thanks alot for that...
                          sigpic
                          Sigs by Scifan

Comment

I don't think I can support SGU either. But I will still continue to buy every piece of Atlantis merchandise I can get my hands on. I don't think boycotting SGA would help any bit either. Besides I still haven't gotten season 4. But I'm definitely gonna start stocking up on the books, I need something to do on Fridays now... *sigh*

sigpic
                            Sig by me!
                            My FanFic's

Comment

Originally posted by Anlaria Onyx View Post
                              I don't think I can support SGU either. But I will still continue to buy every piece of Atlantis merchandise I can get my hands on. I don't think boycotting SGA would help any bit either. Besides I still haven't gotten season 4. But I'm definitely gonna start stocking up on the books, I need something to do on Fridays now... *sigh*
                              Yep i know what you mean. I have saved my fridays for stargate for how many years now??? sighhhhhhh Maybe I will go out with the family, see a movie, or something.
                              I too am unsure of SGU, I will probably watch it and see where it is going (but if David Hewlitt is in it... I will defintely avoid it!) and give it a chance, but it sounds too "star trekkie" for me.

Comment

Originally posted by john_and_teyla_for_life View Post

feel free to snurch
                                I'll definitely be using this!

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                                Ok. I broke down and wrote my feelings to MGM.

Spoiler:
                                To whom it may concern,

I am sure that this will fall on deaf ears since you don't listen you what the fans want, but I will still like to express how I feel about the recent news.

I've only become a major fan of SGA over a year ago and been a fan of SG-1 even longer. I'm not always a fan of spin-offs, but eventually had the time to watch it and Season 3 sucked me in. I love the character interaction and how much they are like family.

It even got to me to join a forum and there meet my extended Stargate family.

I was truly hoping that you guys would have been smart enought to think of the fans and keep SGA going since its doing better then before. At least for one more year and use that time to introduce SGU, but what you have done is harsh.

Within days of each other, you announce that you will be cancelling SGA and the give the greenlight about SGU. Do you think that we are stupid? Do you really think that most of the SGA fans are going so excited that we will be getting a movie maybe more vs 20 episodes a year. Come on!

And to make things worse is that you don't even wait til the upset SGA fans get to have everything sink in before you announce it's replacement.

The O mighty dollar has won again and you still treat the lesser people like sheep.

LDavis
                                Well put Sci.

So iwrote an email for MGM...Could you guys tell me what you think before i send it??

Spoiler:
                                To whom it may concern...

Well to say i feel very let down and betrayed is something of an understatement.....I've been a huge Stargate fan since the very beginning and i've always had the utmost respect for all of you that were involved in the Stargate franchise....But no more,y'all have finally shown your true colours...None of you ever cared about what the fans wanted,al you were interested in was making as much money as possible well,who cares what the fans want,right..

Atlantis was doing so well in Season 5 so don't don't know the reasoning behind cancelling such a great and well supported show,the only reason i can think of was to make way for the new show Stargate universe...Well i for one will not be watching this new show and i know alot of others who won't be tuning into it so unless you pick up some new fans for this show you are going to lose alot of viewers...

Now i think if you said that we would get one more season,season 6 then i think most of us would have accepted it alot better but the way you just sprung this on us in the middle of season 5 is nothing short of abysmal and we the fans deserve to be treated alot better,Is folks like us that make the shows as successful as they are,you seem to have forgotten that somewhere along the line...So no i will not be tuning into SGU ever.....I hope your all happy with yourselves with the way you treated such loyal followers to this show because except for the SG-1 and Atlantis movies (and i think you know you've got us over a barrel with the movies,we won't be able to help but buy them) I'm done with Stargate and alot of folks feel the same way i do.....You will lose alot of followers with the way you went about this!!!

I hope your happy....
                                Couldn't agree with this more.

Well then let's hope it will turn out as their biggest fatest failure ever....
                                Here here Nina! I for one am definitely NOT tuning into SGU!

Just thought I'd share with you all, the comment that I've left on JM's Blog:

.."I have to say that yes, I never expected that Atlantis would go on as long as the incredible 10 years SG-1 had and I’m also pleased that at least we’ll get a resolution of sorts in episode 100. And whilst I’m also equally relieved to hear that the characters will carry on in at least one movie, with the possiblity of more, I have to admit that I’m completely devasted by the news of the show’s cancellation.

I genuinely, honestly thought that the show had a couple of good seasons of stories left in it to tell and I can’t help but be angry at the thought that SGU might have played a significant role in Atlantis’ demise/radical change. Personally I’d rather have 2 more great seasons of Atlantis before bidding it farewell, than a new Stargate show any day.

I feel like someone has snuck up and pulled the rug out from under me, leaving me feeling hurt and bruised..."
                                sigpic
                                Banner By Orangelusik!

Comment

Working...
                                X