X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scifan View Post

I think this is the press release.
    Spoiler:
    Sounds like Brad and Robert helped with this push.

I just read it and i'm a little confussed???. They didn't even mention SGU but they sure made it sound like the main reason they are cancelling the show is because straight to DVD movies seem to work great and make money. They mention how well SG-1 did in it's two movies and are excited that they will do this style format with SGA?. I'm glad that they will make movies out of the show, not totally taking it away from us but i still don't understand why it was cancelled????. I hope it's not just because they think it will be more successful in movies and make them more money than just having it on the air?.

Did i miss understand it?.
    sigpic

Sig by Camy

Comment

I know what you mean about Camy. I emailed her last night, so I don't know how she's doing.

I won't watch SGU either.

NOPE!!!!

I'll watch the movies, but I'd rather have the weekly series.

Spoiler:
      So it looks like Mikes got a presighted Target then! Got that Mike? *Michael nods* OK gang how many of us are going to Sci-FI NY besides the seventy plus Hive Ships and their crusiers and darts??

The idea of SGU taking Atlantis' place is let me think... STUPID, SciFi made a mistake in saying no season six when we are this far into season five, if they had say no season six BEFORE S5 even started to air we'd been OK about it wouldn't we?

I'm thinknig SGU would not be worth it personally as it is not the same.

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
      "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
      "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Mayra View Post
        I just read it and i'm a little confussed???. They didn't even mention SGU but they sure made it sound like the main reason they are cancelling the show is because straight to DVD movies seem to work great and make money. They mention how well SG-1 did in it's two movies and are excited that they will do this style format with SGA?. I'm glad that they will make movies out of the show, not totally taking it away from us but i still don't understand why it was cancelled????. I hope it's not just because they think it will be more successful in movies and make them more money than just having it on the air?.

No, that's what I got from it, too.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Teyilia View Post
          So it looks like Mikes got a presighted Target then! Got that Mike? *Michael nods* OK gang how many of us are going to Sci-FI NY besides the seventy plus Hive Ships and their crusiers and darts??
          -raises hand- I'm so in.
          sigpic

Comment

I know what you mean about Camy. I emailed her last night, so I don't know how she's doing.
            Oh dear...And you lived to tell the tale....You are a very brave person!

I'll watch the movies, but I'd rather have the weekly series.
            Aye me too There's hardly any good scifi on any more.......And i love my scifi.....Now what am i gonna do....Hardly anythign left worth watching

Spoiler:
            Pissed at Brad and Robert....Pissed at MGM....Pissed at the world
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DrJenniferDex View Post
              No, that's what I got from it, too.
              Well if that's the case, then i think it's stupid!. They should have just let SGA run it's course because it definitely still had a couple of more seasons in it and THEN do the movies.
              sigpic

Sig by Camy

Comment

Originally posted by NinaM View Post
                MGM are going to need it if they are behind it...

Fans can do an aweful lot... enough pissed of fans and a show can tank big time.. just take an example.. CSI NY.. brought out an shocking plot thing.. thought they could mask things, talk around things,, and then hope to have such a shock factor up lots more people would tune in..aha yeah right that backfired big time.. that epi drew their lowest rating in their all season history..not to mention fans dissapointment of what they had done.. fans that even didn't like one character took that ones side in the crap they pulled... so sorry if they think they are clever it could backfire big time right up in their faces... picking something unknown above something well loved is no proof it will turn out well because it's new...neither is the shocking factor sometimes where they think they might stir things up for one character in order to spice it out..it could very well in the end turn fans against that character ... so I don't think they are doing themselves any favours right now at all... good luck with that guys...SGU is not something I'm gonna tune into...didn't sound intresting when I heard what it was going to be about.. but I'm even less intrested if that is the reason for SGA going away.. then I'm just gonna hope it tanks faster then a bat in hell... I'm not supporting anything that is the cause for one of the best scifi shows I've watched to go of the air...
                Well said Nina.

Originally posted by asgard30 View Post
                You're right I saw them now in fact they are all really cool (even the Ronon Keller one )

Yeah and nevertheless I feel the loss of SG1 so you imagine for SGA lol

Yeah and what will you write I don't think I'm really talented and I don't really know what is going on Just to know ?

Oh thanks for asking this I feel better now. This thread is part of why I enjoy the show even before I suscribe. I'm sorry but you stuck with me and my french english lol HUGS to you all

HUGS Yappi

Wow I really love your thoughts I will try to stuck with this

It seems you're not feeling better I agree this is not a news to help you. I hope you feel better and I really agree with what you say
                The Pretender, X Files, and the idea of movie after a serie to know what you think ?
                Spoiler:
                As you know I went in the nostalgia of the pretender sometimes ago it's perhaps what depress me even more. Iread sometimes ago that they haven't lost hope for a 3rdmovie but apparently they wouldn't have everybody perhaps and you know how the pretender evne more than SGA needs everybody to explain everything. But I discover that MTW has almost 50 years I'm sure he is always awesome but it was a shoker for me it will be difficult to restart with the youthful Jarod as he was I needed to share it so now I'm a little anxious like you for the movie we know that the 1st or 2 first movies are programmed and happened but watch X Files I hope I won't have child aged of 10 years before the 3rd movie lol
                I know. I was a Pretender fan too and I hated how the left it in the air like that. Even after the movie. ( I only remember one )

It best not be like that for SGA

Originally posted by AlbinoMonkeyC View Post
                is it in the off topic threads?? ugh, I've got CBS.c0m up. some abby goodness will make me happy!! **hugs abby!!**
                Loves Abby hugs.

All those involved with cancelling SGA needs a Gibbs slap!!

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
                Damn right!

Lufffffffs all the JT shippers!!!

The Press Release is out btw! Brad Wright talking about how the Stargate franchise is as strong as ever I couldn't give a flying **** about the franchise, I care about Atlantis and its characters!
                ITA

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                They're living on a fantasy if they think all the Atlantis fans are gonna watch universe If this happened to SG-1 i wouldn't have watched Atlantis but it didn't..

SG-1 had a good 10 year run and even though i was sad to see it end i accepted the fact that it was time....But ending SGA now makes no sense whatsoever,It's getting stronger in S5 after the debacle of S4 so i don't understand why they would do this now

They are gonna lose alot of fans over this and if they don't get new fans interesed inuniverse it could be over before it even starts!
                If they were smart, they would've done it like the did with SG-1. They started SGA while SG-1 was still going. And they held up well, the even kinda supported each other, but this... this what they doing it not the same.

They should've held off on the SG-1 3rd movie, just a bit, and did then started SGU, but I think it will be very hard to have it succede with POd fans.

Well, we got the news from GW yesterday, today we have it confirmed by someone who works their JM. So now, the press release announcement which will give us a little more light into why MGM cancelled SGA. I swear, if i read anything having to do because of SGU, i will be upset because i still don't get why they would cancelled a show that has been doing great for SGU!.

It's going to be hard getting MGM to change their minds but i hope we can save the show. But if not, lets hope the writers do decide to finally get John and Teyla together.
                ITA Mayra

Considering that there was already 332 comments (he usually gets around 80) I thought I'd leave it till tomorrow
                WOW. I don't blame you.

It wasn't a question or anythiong....

Here's what i wrote

Hey Joe….Just heard the news about SGA a short time ago and still can’t believe it….I thought S5 was going really well……I heard that it was MGM this time and not sci-fi….I swear if this is because of the new show Universe i for one will not be watching it and i know quite a few others who feel the same way….

I don’t know if MGM realise just how many fanatics SGA has,if they’re not careful this could backfire on them bigtime…

I know it isn’t your fault and you would have done anything to try keep SGA running but we the fans will not give up without a fight…We will fight to the bitter end

If we are left with SGA movies i will definately buy the DVD’s but i will not under any circumstance watch universe if this was the reason for dumping SGA so uncerimoniously!

Anyway i wsish you guys,all the crew and cast luck on the future whereever it may lie!
                Very nicely said Linda.

GoSpikey directed me to the feed MGM to the Wraith game

Feed the Wraith
                Just voted.
                Feel a little better.

Originally posted by DrJenniferDex View Post
                Nina, can you please send me a PM and tell me about what happened on CSI NY? I only watch it occasionally, so I don't know what you mean.

Edit: Thanks, Asgard! I have some really talented friends on the Pro-Keller threads.
                Uh oh, You asked for it.

Originally posted by elephantgirl View Post
                Just stopping by to say hi, as usual.

Off to the Chicago con, back later.

*grumble about Atlantis being canceled*
                Have fun and good luck.

Take about bad timing to announce cancellation.

Originally posted by WingedPegasus View Post
                I'm sure I'm a minority here . . . but please hold your rotten veggies at bay. I will try--emphasis--try SGU. I was extraordinarily skeptical of SGA before it began, but I absolutely loved the first season. If SGU is well-executed, fun, and entertaining, then I'll watch it. If it's boring drivel, I will NOT watch it and be exceeding angry at the people who canned SGA for SGU.

Personally, the last season I actually liked was season 3, which is why all the fanfic I write is set in that season. I didn't care for season 4 much at all, and season 5 isn't impressing me so far.
                I won't throw bad veggies at you. I might chase you with Camy's bat though.
                Just kidding. You can do what you want hun. I'll still love ya.

I'm confused too.

Oh dear...And you lived to tell the tale....You are a very brave person!

Aye me too There's hardly any good scifi on any more.......And i love my scifi.....Now what am i gonna do....Hardly anythign left worth watching

Pissed at Brad and Robert....Pissed at MGM....Pissed at the world
                Yeah, I know. I don't think she has checked her email. Unless she so depressed that she's in lurk mode.

Comment

Originally posted by WingedPegasus View Post
                  I'm sure I'm a minority here . . . but please hold your rotten veggies at bay. I will try--emphasis--try SGU. I was extraordinarily skeptical of SGA before it began, but I absolutely loved the first season. If SGU is well-executed, fun, and entertaining, then I'll watch it. If it's boring drivel, I will NOT watch it and be exceeding angry at the people who canned SGA for SGU.
                  I couldn't watch it even if I wanted to (which I don't cos the concept sound pants) because everytime I saw it I would know it was the reason we don't have SGA! I want it to burn in hell

I got the impression it was down to Brad and Robert too Sci! Whenever I picture my hatred at the moment I see Brad Wright, not on purpose but thats what's in my head

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

feel free to snurch
                    --Kate

Comment

Well said Nina.

I know. I was a Pretender fan too and I hated how the left it in the air like that. Even after the movie. ( I only remember one )

It best not be like that for SGA

Loves Abby hugs.

All those involved with cancelling SGA needs a Gibbs slap!!

ITA

If they were smart, they would've done it like the did with SG-1. They started SGA while SG-1 was still going. And they held up well, the even kinda supported each other, but this... this what they doing it not the same.

They should've held off on the SG-1 3rd movie, just a bit, and did then started SGU, but I think it will be very hard to have it succede with POd fans.

ITA Mayra

WOW. I don't blame you.

Very nicely said Linda.

Just voted.
                      Feel a little better.

Uh oh, You asked for it.

Have fun and good luck.

Take about bad timing to announce cancellation.

I won't throw bad veggies at you. I might chase you with Camy's bat though.
                      Just kidding. You can do what you want hun. I'll still love ya.

I'm confused too.

Yeah, I know. I don't think she has checked her email. Unless she so depressed that she's in lurk mode.
                      hmmm maybe.....I don't wanna be in their shoes when she surfaces

I couldn't watch it even if I wanted to (which I don't cos the concept sound pants) because everytime I saw it I would know it was the reason we don't have SGA! I want it to burn in hell

I got the impression it was down to Brad and Robert too Sci! Whenever I picture my hatred at the moment I see Brad Wright, not on purpose but thats what's in my head

Yeah me too cazz,me too....

I see Brad's mug everytime i think about this now......His smug face laughing his evil little laugh at us....

Originally posted by john_and_teyla_for_life View Post

feel free to snurch
                      Oh very nice JT4L!
                      sigpic

Comment

Thanks Linda
                        --Kate

Comment

Stupid MGM!! We want SGA back! NOW!!!

Comment

I'm using it too, JT4L
                            sigpic

Comment

Sign the petition:

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/SaveSGA/

Comment

Originally posted by john_and_teyla_for_life View Post

feel free to snurch
                                Thanks hun.

Comment

Working...
                                X