Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scifan View Post
    Sounds good to me. I'll do the same.

This was on the home page http://www.gateworld.net/news/2008/0..._end_thi.shtml
    Ironic how it comes right after a press release of how good the ratings are for this season!

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
      Ironic how it comes right after a press release of how good the ratings are for this season!

the more I read and the more I'm disgusted. I agree with the ones who don't understand the control of ratings but at the same time in France they suppress Atlantis a long time ago because the ratings were bad (what a joke it was only to gain more money besides they put it the saturday night at 10.30 pm who watch tv at this hour except me because there was Stargate lol but France is a bad example it hates sci fi ) so but the fans are really fans I maen I understand that perhaps the ratings weren't too good but the ones who follow never let it down
      Ok I will stop here a rambling totally uninteresting sorry I'm just really disappointed
      sigpic
      Sig by the Great Linda06

Comment

I just popped into say how sorry I am that SGA got the ax as a series, too. When they first started promoting SGA before it even aired they came right out and said that they were setting up a little "something" between John and Teyla, and really pretty much SAID that this was gonna be the ship for the show, so when I started watching the show from the premiere on, that's what I saw. And that's what I wanted to see resolved, or confirmed, or materialized. I haven't really been a fervent viewer, but I wanted to see the ship actually sail before the show went off the air.

I guess there's always a chance for the movies the article talked about. Right?

What the heck is Friday night on SciFi gonna be now? Bug movies? Woo hooo.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tayradio View Post
          I just popped into say how sorry I am that SGA got the ax as a series, too. When they first started promoting SGA before it even aired they came right out and said that they were setting up a little "something" between John and Teyla, and really pretty much SAID that this was gonna be the ship for the show, so when I started watching the show from the premiere on, that's what I saw. And that's what I wanted to see resolved, or confirmed, or materialized. I haven't really been a fervent viewer, but I wanted to see the ship actually sail before the show went off the air.

Hi Tayradio ! I feel the same. I know nothing of SGA before it's started but it was clear since the beginning I think between JT. I like to think this lol
          Our scifi nights were the saturday and I assure you it wasn't the same after and now it's pretty bad. I croos my fingers for you
          sigpic
          Sig by the Great Linda06

Comment

Morning all.

Sucks I wasn't expecting it, not with the upturn in viewing figures but to me it sounds like that had nothing to do with it, it sounds like MGM pulled the plug rather than Sci-fi, for SGU, which sucks even harder!

I trying hard not to cry seeing as I'm at work and answering the phones to the public I read the news this morning and managed to make my Dad late for work

One thing that does sound positive though is that with it not being Sci-fi that pulled the plug (should get confirmation of whether that is true or not from JM tonight but with the movies being shown on Sci-fi it sounds as though it is), sci-fi want it to continue and it mentions that the movies will be on going, so there's better chances for more SGA movies than the chances are for SG1 movies.

Oh, and hell yeah I'm up for a fight!!! Someone on JM's blog suggested sending Lemons of some sort (not actual lemons of course ), just need to know whether to send them to MGM or Sci-Fi

Yeah, maybe since the show was doing well, MGM could be persuaded to go another season....hope so.
            Shadow had a good idea about writing on and sending lemon air fresheners, but it would make the mailroom people sick with the smell.
            I think they have underestimated the SGA fans and will have a huge fight on their hands.

According to a reliable source of Linzi's MGM didn't even approach Sci-fi for renewal!!! I wasn't planning on watching SGU anyway but now I want it cancelled as soon as possible!
            Well, that just confirms our suspicions that it's for the new "baby" SGU.
            Nope, I'm not gonna give it a chance either.

Such an awful thing to wake up to. The only bad things about movie though are the availability of the actors. Eventually they will want other jobs and so on.
            Originally posted by DONNA BOOTH View Post
            I just hope all the Actors are Available for the Movie as it wouldn't be the Same without them especially our Jt
            Originally posted by DONNA BOOTH View Post
            I just hope that they are all doing the Movies as it wont be worth watching or Buying the DVDs at all
            This is what I worry about. They can't expect these talented actors to sit around and wait on them. They may not be available when the movies are scheduled to film....and it just won't be the same without the core cast.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cc_mac View Post

Well, that just confirms our suspicions that it's for the new "baby" SGU.
              Yeah, or... Son of Mansquito. Or another ghosthunting series where they don't actually... you know... FIND any GHOSTS (and believe me, they aren't that hard to FIND)... or HEY, maybe they'll use some of that savings to employ the SGA actors in BEE movies so they can fulfill whatever contracts they've signed with the network/studio.

*sigh*

I shouldn't complain. I really shouldn't. Five years isn't bad, it's four and a half more years than Firefly got. And there could be movies. But how are they going to cram everything we want to see into a two hour movie?

I guess it's time to take my crankiness to work.

Not fair. *pout*
              sigpic

Comment

Yeah, or... Son of Mansquito. Or another ghosthunting series where they don't actually... you know... FIND any GHOSTS (and believe me, they aren't that hard to FIND)... or HEY, maybe they'll use some of that savings to employ the SGA actors in BEE movies so they can fulfill whatever contracts they've signed with the network/studio.

*sigh*

I shouldn't complain. I really shouldn't. Five years isn't bad, it's four and a half more years than Firefly got. And there could be movies. But how are they going to cram everything we want to see into a two hour movie?

I guess it's time to take my crankiness to work.

Not fair. *pout*
                I know, Sci-Fi has really gone downhill in recent years. I've tried to get into Eureka, but no dice...I can still view Dr. Who on PBS....way behind on the seasons, but I'm not a diehard fan of that show....not like Atlantis.
                Even though I wanted to keep up with Sanctuary, I'll probably cancel Sci-fi from my cable line-up when SGA ends....*sniff*....just hate saying that.
                I can DL the movies.

Thanks for the green, btw. Elephant girl made that Team Atlantis sig.
                sigpic

Comment

It's just started absolutely pelting it down here! I didn't realise the whether was connected to my mood
                  What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

It's just started absolutely pelting it down here! I didn't realise the whether was connected to my mood
                    I think I'm sick you see what it did to us to have such great shows canceled lol
                    sigpic
                    Sig by the Great Linda06

Comment

I only started watching SGA last season, and I'm now working my way through all the seasons, but I picked up on the chemistry right off, too. I don't understand how people can think she and Ronon have a thing for each other, their relationship always reminds me of siblings.
                      sigpic

Comment

This is JM's own comment on his blog:

Spoiler:
                        josephmallozzi
                        Re: the end of Atlantis.

Yes, it’s true. I’m disappointed but not surprised.

I’ll be commenting on this in tomorrow’s blog entry.

Comment

Tayradio: Thank you so much for your support. Come in and join us anytime you want.

Oh, I hate those B, Bug movies.

Originally posted by DrJenniferDex View Post
                          I only started watching SGA last season, and I'm now working my way through all the seasons, but I picked up on the chemistry right off, too. I don't understand how people can think she and Ronon have a thing for each other, their relationship always reminds me of siblings.
                          Exactly. I feel the same way.
                          Come in anytime DrJenniferDex

Originally posted by MrsB108 View Post
                          This is JM's own comment on his blog:

Spoiler:
                          josephmallozzi
                          Re: the end of Atlantis.

Yes, it’s true. I’m disappointed but not surprised.

I’ll be commenting on this in tomorrow’s blog entry.
                          Thanks MrsB

Catch you guys Later today.

Going to a Native American festival by Foxwoods.

Comment

Originally posted by DrJenniferDex View Post
                            Thank you so much for saying this in this needed times Your sig of Jewel is beautiful
                            Tayradio: Thank you so much for your support. Come in and join us anytime you want.

Oh, I hate those B, Bug movies.

Exactly. I feel the same way.
                            Come in anytime DrJenniferDex

Thanks MrsB

Catch you guys Later today.

Going to a Native American festival by Foxwoods.
                            Have fun you will tell us how it was I'm interested if you want of course
                            sigpic
                            Sig by the Great Linda06

Comment

Originally posted by asgard30 View Post
                              Thank you so much for saying this in this needed times Your sig of Jewel is beautiful

Have fun you will tell us how it was I'm interested if you want of course
                              -grins- Thank you, even though I don't know which one you mean, unfortunately, I use Clintonio, so I have over thirty siggies rotating around, they were all made by others, except for the one that says 'Missed Glances' and the Don S. Davis one. and I wanna know about the festival, too!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WingedPegasus View Post
                                I hate to be the bearer of atrocious, awful, horrible, depressing and disheartening news . . . but . . . season 5 is Atlantis' last season.

http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA6589329.html

*cries*
                                Yeah cazz prepared me for this news but how prepared can you be

Hey Kim!!!!
                                Miss seeing you.
                                I don't have a dog. Sorry.

Oh NO!!!!
                                This is so awful!!! I'm so beside myself, that I can't even cry.

I bet its to start SGU!
                                Well i for one won't be even tuning in for a second for this show that killed SGA

Originally posted by Anlaria Onyx View Post
                                I'm in! I will not loose SGA!!!!!
                                *raises hand* Me too...How can we fight this!

Thanks AMC.

I hope so. I hate to watch two movies and have endure Kanaan.

I feel the same way. I'm just totally numb.

((HUGS))

I'm hoping the next movie for SG-1 will do more for Jack and Sam. I can't do this with another ship.

Who's the brave one that wants to break the news to Camy?
                                Um,not me *hides from Camy's wrath*

Originally posted by cc_mac View Post
                                Yep, make way for their new baby...SGU.
                                This chick won't be watching it.

Two words....Stargate Universe.
                                (((hugz))) This really blows.
                                Me neither I ain't watching a show that's responsible for SGA'a demise

Is there any way to write to MGM to tell them how stupid they are!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X