No announcement yet.

John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok. I went to the S5 forum and found out that those caps are from First Contact

Here's the link to Morjana's post for First Contact. She also has some stills for Tracker.
    Last edited by scifan; 18 August 2008, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
      I woke up at half 9

Oh you should post that...Oh but wait,i see you already did

Yep i saw yer post

Well in sunday they confirmed on the commentary that her crush was John but in GitM
      Spoiler:
      Weir comments that she saw the sparkle in Teyla eye every time she spoke of Kanaan....Ok i am very confused and by the looks of it so is everyone else...When exactly did she see the sparkle,by the time Teyla admitted to anyone about Kanaan Weir was long gone and the relationship was relatively new so how did she know.....The look Teyla gives Weir after she says this is one of confusion and sceptisism!
      I have to go with Steph on this:
      Spoiler:
      I think TPTB are doing what they call *retconning* the backstory of Teyla's relationship to Kannan. The question was asked on JM's blog about Teyla's father's name of Torren being different from the name she gave in Rising as Tagen. His answer was: it could be her's mother's name. He was backtracking to cover the continuity issues. The same I think was being done with the convo with Liz/Fran. That conversation was to help establish that Teyla's feelings for Kannan was not something *sudden* therefore her relationship with him would not be out of character for her because she would not have had a *casual* affair with someone she knew only casually. It was to show that Teyla's feelings had developed over time.

I think the scene was also meant to show that Teyla and Liz did have a sort of friendship beyond just being co-workers, as such in conversation before her death Teyla may have spoken about her people and of Kannan thus giving Liz/Fran some framework from which to speak and make this observation.

Now what I did find interesting was not so much Liz/Fran asking if John was the father(which she would assume because of the name), but Teyla's reaction. It was as if she was shocked that Liz/Fran would even consider such a thing. It was as if she was trying to deny the possiblity or desire to herself by denying it to L/F.

JMO
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
        Thanks
        Spoiler:
        That could be possible. I just wish they explained the start of their relationship.

Hee hee. Here it is hun. Let me know what you think.

Spoiler:

Dear Joe,

I’m a confused about a scene in GitM. Where Elizabeth/Fran guesses that Kannan is Torren’s father and says this to Teyla:

“Every time you spoke of him — this friend — there was always a sparkle in your eyes.”

But in the commentary for Sunday, it was clear who her crush was, but now this is showing us something completely different. As if to force the issue that it’s always been Kannan.
        Unless, Dr. Hewston knew Kannan as well, why would she volunteer to help Teyla with the person they were talking about?
        How can things be so different from Sunday to First Strike?

I guess I was hoping for a clearer reason for her being with Kannan.
        Yes, Ronon mentions in BAMSR, that he heard her talk about him, but otherwise no one really knew she was interested in him. Both John and Lorne pointed that out in BAMSR and SoW.

I’m also wondering if the comment by Weir/Fran was done in GitM so that there wouldn’t be the need to have a conversation about why Teyla had a secret and sudden relationship.

I’m not condemning Teyla for having a relationship, but clarification of how and why it started would been nice.

I hope you can clear up my confusion. Thank you.

Thanks Jess!!!
        Good question Scifan!...hopefully he does answer it.

Originally posted by LoveConquers View Post
        I think the answer will be fairly simple and if JM chooses to answer the question, I'm assuming it will be something along these lines:

Spoiler:
        Teyla has grown up with Kanaan, so has known him all along. When she apparently spoke of her friend (as she did to Weir and as Weir called him) she would show extra excitement. He was obviously a good friend and was the first Athosian Weir thought of when Teyla said the father was Athosian. Remember, Weir first thought JOHN was the father, after the name, and Kanaan did not immediately spring to mind like he would if she had ever confided about liking him to Weir. His name did not spring to mind because Teyla never confided about liking him because she didn't at that time. Only when Teyla said the father was Athosian, did Kanaan come to mind. And of course we are supposed to believe this is because whenever Teyla did speak of her people, Kanaan was one of her closer friends and probably mentioned more often. So he was the most obvious Athosian choice to Weir. Weak yes, but it's not impossible to believe that Teyla would have had such conversations in passing with Weir and with Ronon. There was NO CONFIDING. She was talking about her friends and her people and they noticed she mentioned one guy more than the other. So he has always been there in the background. But as Teyla herself said, it was only recently that she saw him as more and that it turned into more. Why? Because before then, she was crushing on John. As she DID confide to Dr. Hewston and as shown in several other little moments throughout the show and as confirmed by the Sunday Commentary.

In other words, it was never said that she had a crush on both at the same time or was in a relationship with Kanaan while crushing on John. In fact, that's NOT what was said. The timeline makes sense, whether we like it or not and whether we like how they're trying to backpedal and fill in with Kanaan or not.

And we also know those feelings for John haven't gone entirely away. She made her choice and she is loyal to that choice, but wait for more to come. This is not the end. We have had that confirmed for us as well. Patience girls, patience.
        As always, very well said Steph!.

Ah but you see...I'm not the most patient person in the world
        LOL! believe, i'm trying to learn how to be more patient myself lol...and with episodes like this last one, they are making it very hard LOL!.

Originally posted by DONNA BOOTH View Post
        Just wanted to Post these 2 pics Jt Squee Teyla Helping John Double Squee

Spoiler:

Oh!!! great pics!!!!. He cut his hair!...looks good!.
        sigpic

Sig by Camy

Comment

Here's the link to Morjana's post for First Contact. She also has some stills for Tracker.

Well one thing i like about the pics of First Contact, at least
          Spoiler:
          it looks like John and Teyla will be together for most of the episode...at least lol.
          sigpic

Sig by Camy

Comment

Did you notice in this pic:
            Spoiler:

It looks like they're holding hands *G*

We can only wish...

sigpic

Comment

What was that? I didn't quite hear you.

Hee hee.
              Cool. I love a challenge.

I have all three, but they are vhs. I'm just glad the boys are out of playing the same movies over and over again.

Ahhhhhh!!!!!
              Where are these from?

I'm wondering the same thing Jodie.

Ok. I think I'm losing it because I swear Jodie had posted right after LJ.
              No your not losing you mind i just deleted the message...lol sorry

Comment

Ahhhhh! I want to click on the pics, I want to click on the pics!

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

huh...I can't remember these scenes...Where are they from?
                  What was that? I didn't quite hear you.

Hee hee.
                  Cool. I love a challenge.

I have all three, but they are vhs. I'm just glad the boys are out of playing the same movies over and over again.

Ahhhhhh!!!!!
                  Where are these from?

I'm wondering the same thing Jodie.

Ok. I think I'm losing it because I swear Jodie had posted right after LJ.
                  They are from from First Contact as Lea said sorry i didnt name the Episode
                  Sig Bye Me and Avi bye Luciana

Comment

Originally posted by AlbinoMonkeyC View Post
                    if he cut the hair I woudn't been able to tell. But Teylas face is just priceless in the 2nd pic. "WTF?!?!?!"
                    That's all part and parecel of being a thunker
                    don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

JM BLOG UPDATE

Spoiler:
                      Telekineticforceblast writes: “Question regarding “Ghost in the Machine”:

are they just going to leave her out there?”

Answer: Yep.

Belouchi writes: “1. So including Dr.Weir there were only 9 surviving replicators aboard that aurora class ship at the end of BAMSR? I would imagine a ship like that would contain more.

2. Will their Aurora class ship that we see grounded on the planet where they meditated ever gonna be found and used by our heroes or will it be forgotten just like the TRIA?”

Answers: 1. Only 9. Although it could have held more, they were the only survivors. 2. We don’t have access to that particular ship. As for the Tria, it’s not forgotten - only inactive.

Shawna Buchanan writes: “Why is it that the good guys are such pricks?”

Answer: The Atlantis expedition is asked just that question (more or less) in season 5’s Inquisition.

Tina writes: “…the hardest thing to accept is why the team were even forgiving of the “new” Weir, considering how close she had come to destroying Atlantis…”

Answer: First of all, she was not the one threatening Atlantis. It was the other replicators. And while she may have been indirectly responsible for what happened, she didn’t have an active hand in attempting to sink the city. Secondly, whether or not Sheppard and the team actually fully trusted her is open to debate. In an early draft of the script, Weir doesn’t know what lies on the other side of the gate and steps through trusting our team. The fact that she sends the message back, all clear, in that case I thought made her sacrifice all the more poignant.

Tina also writes: “Teyla told her friend, I think the episode was Sunday, that she had a crush on someone from Atlantis and hoped he would make a move. But we are now to believe that Teyla at the same time also had a sparkle in her eye for Kanaan.”

Answer: People aren’t as simplistic as that. They can have their eye on someone without realizing that their love of their life could be right under their noses the whole time. I have many friends who ended up marrying a good friend in whom they’d hitherto shown no romantic interest.

MrsB108 writes: “1)Are there any mystical/magical elements to any of the storylines this year?

2)Do Teyla and Kanan have any serious issues coming up between them?”

Answer: 1) Nope. 2) Again - nope.

Congrats Ninja on 10,000!!!

Comment

good morning Mrs. B. and everyone else.

I saw that in JM's blog in the wee hours this morning.
                        Spoiler:
                        I would have panic but I just emailed Steph, the one that reasons with me.

Yes, it sucks!

But I haven't given up hope just yet.

First, the way he answered, and this could be wishful thinking on my part, is to set up a scenario. He didn't plain out spell out that Kanan's is Teyla's love of her life. I also remembered that in the commentary something was mentioned like this and that Kanan was the love of her life for about 10 seconds. So, let's consider the entire Season 5 ten seconds! *wink*

I still stand by Teyla, even if it does turn out that she will remain with Kanan. I still think she did nothing wrong and that in real life, just like JM pointed out, you can have an eye on someone but end up with another.

I just think that he got it wrong. John is the love of Teyla's life, but reality sunk in and she settled for the one that makes sense and the one that actually admitted his feelings and move forward. For Teyla, it would make sense to be with Kanan. He's meant to be the one for her in practicality, not in feeling.

But, again....that's just my thoughts.

As far as nothing serious or a crisis between them? That alone is a doom and gloom. There's always conflict in a relationship. But I interpreted that there won't be any fighting between them anytime soon, that doesn't mean that a tragedy is not yet to come between them.

*crosses fingers*

Off to work guys. I still love these two and I"m not given up yet till pigs fly!
                        Have a great day!
                        sigpic

Comment

Hi everybody !
                          Originally posted by Padme18 View Post
                          http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...nnerorange.jpg

I can't remeber if I posted Outcast Quotes so here they are.

Spoiler:
                          Outcast

You're awesome
                          Originally posted by Cherish4 View Post
                          Just a flying visit to say "Hi" and that I hope you're all ok.

Season 5 starts tomorrow here in the UK and I'm so excited to finally see S&R!

*hugs for you all*
                          Hi can't wait to share it with you HUGS
                          Originally posted by TeylaFan View Post
                          Yes. So... I gave her this pony:

And she named him Nelson.
                          Ok so a pony lost himself in the thread o.0
                          OT
                          Spoiler:
                          Well, my oldest likes to be a smarty pants and the youngest wants to be like his brother.

Thanks hun.

Miss you Lordy and hope to see you soon.

Those sigs are awesome!!!!

LOL!!
                          I was wondering how you'd feel about posting your own Bday. Hee hee.

Hey C4!!!!

Boy this ep was short for Shep. LOL!!

Thanks for all the quotes Padme.

Congrats on all the milestones!!!

Wow Linda: 10,000 posts!!!

BBL
                          Spoiler:
                          Wow I think it's great for you more over if his brother wants to follow him

CONGRATULATIONS LINDA

huh...what...where.....

WOW.....And from such a quiet person too
                          Yeah so quiet
                          Conrats Linda on your Milestone i was just wondering does anyone know if this Rumour is True i know its off topic i just have to ask ive read that the new Movie Twilight wont be coming to the uK till January 1st 2009
                          Sorry that I can't help you
                          I love The lion king and Robin Williams is freakin hilarious as the genie....I was actually LOL at some of the genies antics...Beauty and the beast is and always will be my all time favourite though *sigh*

hmmm yes it would!
                          Ok my scot cousin this is disturbing this is my 3 fav movies of Disny I think and the Beauty and the Beast is my all time fav if you know how many time I watch it You just forgot Pocahontas
                          Just wanted to Post these 2 pics Jt Squee Teyla Helping John Double Squee

Wow awesome pics thanks a lot Donna I really hope since there things will be dealed
                          Originally posted by gater101 View Post
                          He's cut the hair! But oh so pretty.
                          Absolutely in GitM his hair disturbed me they were too long as in Letters from Pegasus once again in this pic he is too hot

Thanks for the link
                          Spoiler:
                          how is that that once again is Keller who has a good looking guy didn't she has enough in Atlantis lol

Originally posted by Mayra View Post
                          Well one thing i like about the pics of First Contact, at least
                          Spoiler:
                          it looks like John and Teyla will be together for most of the episode...at least lol.
                          ITA *cross my finger*
                          Spoiler:
                          but David Nykl had confirmed that he was with Rachel in this ep and we knew he was with Shep so I have high expectations *it's not good*

Originally posted by jtjaforever View Post
                          Spoiler:

http://unoriginal-sin.org/woolsey/thumbs/001.JP

We can only wish...

I was so waiting for someone to finaly say it this was the first thing that I saw lol
                          Originally posted by MrsB108 View Post
                          JM BLOG UPDATE

Spoiler:
                          Tina also writes: “Teyla told her friend, I think the episode was Sunday, that she had a crush on someone from Atlantis and hoped he would make a move. But we are now to believe that Teyla at the same time also had a sparkle in her eye for Kanaan.”

Answer: People aren’t as simplistic as that. They can have their eye on someone without realizing that their love of their life could be right under their noses the whole time. I have many friends who ended up marrying a good friend in whom they’d hitherto shown no romantic interest.

MrsB108 writes: “1)Are there any mystical/magical elements to any of the storylines this year?

2)Do Teyla and Kanan have any serious issues coming up between them?”

Answer: 1) Nope. 2) Again - nope.

Congrats Ninja on 10,000!!!
                          Thanks for this
                          Spoiler:
                          JM can be really depressing but his sentence can have double meaning I don't know what to think of the no issue I wasn't expecting so I'm glad but does it mean that this status will be maintained between them without clear frontier ?
                          sigpic
                          Sig by the Great Linda06

Comment

Originally posted by Camy View Post

Spoiler:

Yes, it sucks!

First, the way he answered, and this could be wishful thinking on my part, is to set up a scenario. He didn't plain out spell out that Kanan's is Teyla's love of her life. I also remembered that in the commentary something was mentioned like this and that Kanan was the love of her life for about 10 seconds. So, let's consider the entire Season 5 ten seconds! *wink*

I still stand by Teyla, even if it does turn out that she will remain with Kanan. I still think she did nothing wrong and that in real life, just like JM pointed out, you can have an eye on someone but end up with another.

I just think that he got it wrong. John is the love of Teyla's life, but reality sunk in and she settled for the one that makes sense and the one that actually admitted his feelings and move forward. For Teyla, it would make sense to be with Kanan. He's meant to be the one for her in practicality, not in feeling.

As far as nothing serious or a crisis between them? That alone is a doom and gloom. There's always conflict in a relationship. But I interpreted that there won't be any fighting between them anytime soon, that doesn't mean that a tragedy is not yet to come between them.

*crosses fingers*

Off to work guys. I still love these two and I"m not given up yet till pigs fly!
                            Have a great day!
                            Spoiler:
                            This is where I'm glad that my english comprehension is limited I took it to be in 2 meanings we don't know which one JM consider the eye on because he said that she has sparkle in her eyes for both of them so which one is the great friend ? ok wishful thinking on my part.
                            Yeah I agree their relationshp is so platonic that I don't expect something it didn't mean that Kanaan will discover he isn't the one and leave without issue. I can always dream

Great Day to you
                            sigpic
                            Sig by the Great Linda06

Comment

Good morning.

Originally posted by gater101 View Post
                              He's cut the hair! But oh so pretty.
                              I noticed too.

Originally posted by jtjaforever View Post
                              Spoiler:

We can only wish...

LOL, you had me there...had to enlarge it to see for sure.

Originally posted by asgard30 View Post
                              Spoiler:
                              This is where I'm glad that my english comprehension is limited I took it to be in 2 meanings we don't know which one JM consider the eye on because he said that she has sparkle in her eyes for both of them so which one is the great friend ? ok wishful thinking on my part.
                              Yeah I agree their relationshp is so platonic that I don't expect something it didn't mean that Kanaan will discover he isn't the one and leave without issue. I can always dream

Great Day to you
                              JM blog
                              Spoiler:

I agree, his response could have a double meaning, he's a clever man.
                              I think it has to do with your perspective on the JT thing. When I first read it, I immediately thought he meant John...the love of her life...has been under Teyla's nose all this time, but then after reading other's comments, I see maybe he could've meant Kanaan , oh well.

Congrats Linda and Camy on your milestones!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Camy View Post

Spoiler:

Yes, it sucks!

*crosses fingers*

Have a great day!
                                Blog of doom
                                Spoiler:
                                Like cc said this "They can have their eye on someone without realizing that their love of their life could be right under their noses the whole time." Could be Shep right under her nose

And for the Kanaan thing, well their can't be conflict between them if he's dead now can there

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Working...
                                X