• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
    I woke up at half 9

Oh you should post that...Oh but wait,i see you already did

Yep i saw yer post

Well in sunday they confirmed on the commentary that her crush was John but in GitM
    Spoiler:
    Weir comments that she saw the sparkle in Teyla eye every time she spoke of Kanaan....Ok i am very confused and by the looks of it so is everyone else...When exactly did she see the sparkle,by the time Teyla admitted to anyone about Kanaan Weir was long gone and the relationship was relatively new so how did she know.....The look Teyla gives Weir after she says this is one of confusion and sceptisism!
    I think the answer will be fairly simple and if JM chooses to answer the question, I'm assuming it will be something along these lines:

Spoiler:
    Teyla has grown up with Kanaan, so has known him all along. When she apparently spoke of her friend (as she did to Weir and as Weir called him) she would show extra excitement. He was obviously a good friend and was the first Athosian Weir thought of when Teyla said the father was Athosian. Remember, Weir first thought JOHN was the father, after the name, and Kanaan did not immediately spring to mind like he would if she had ever confided about liking him to Weir. His name did not spring to mind because Teyla never confided about liking him because she didn't at that time. Only when Teyla said the father was Athosian, did Kanaan come to mind. And of course we are supposed to believe this is because whenever Teyla did speak of her people, Kanaan was one of her closer friends and probably mentioned more often. So he was the most obvious Athosian choice to Weir. Weak yes, but it's not impossible to believe that Teyla would have had such conversations in passing with Weir and with Ronon. There was NO CONFIDING. She was talking about her friends and her people and they noticed she mentioned one guy more than the other. So he has always been there in the background. But as Teyla herself said, it was only recently that she saw him as more and that it turned into more. Why? Because before then, she was crushing on John. As she DID confide to Dr. Hewston and as shown in several other little moments throughout the show and as confirmed by the Sunday Commentary.

In other words, it was never said that she had a crush on both at the same time or was in a relationship with Kanaan while crushing on John. In fact, that's NOT what was said. The timeline makes sense, whether we like it or not and whether we like how they're trying to backpedal and fill in with Kanaan or not.

And we also know those feelings for John haven't gone entirely away. She made her choice and she is loyal to that choice, but wait for more to come. This is not the end. We have had that confirmed for us as well. Patience girls, patience.
    Sig by Mayra~many thanks!

Comment

Hello everyone just stopping by for a minute i hope your all ok and that you are enjoying Season 5 it should start airing here on Skyone tomorrow i can't wait.

Well RL is still keeping me busy but luckily not as much as it was so i hope to stop by more often.

Oh and Linda i managed to make you some birthday presents sorry I'm really late with them and unfortunately they're not great
      Spoiler:

and here's two different versions of the same sig

Well i have to go now I'm on my sisters computer but unfortunately she doesn't like me using it much see you all soon.

Comment

Jess, when is your Birthday??
        *Beautiful sig by Scifan!*

“Because you can.”

--

Comment

Originally posted by LoveConquers View Post
          I think the answer will be fairly simple and if JM chooses to answer the question, I'm assuming it will be something along these lines:

Spoiler:
          Teyla has grown up with Kanaan, so has known him all along. When she apparently spoke of her friend (as she did to Weir and as Weir called him) she would show extra excitement. He was obviously a good friend and was the first Athosian Weir thought of when Teyla said the father was Athosian. Remember, Weir first thought JOHN was the father, after the name, and Kanaan did not immediately spring to mind like he would if she had ever confided about liking him to Weir. His name did not spring to mind because Teyla never confided about liking him because she didn't at that time. Only when Teyla said the father was Athosian, did Kanaan come to mind. And of course we are supposed to believe this is because whenever Teyla did speak of her people, Kanaan was one of her closer friends and probably mentioned more often. So he was the most obvious Athosian choice to Weir. Weak yes, but it's not impossible to believe that Teyla would have had such conversations in passing with Weir and with Ronon. There was NO CONFIDING. She was talking about her friends and her people and they noticed she mentioned one guy more than the other. So he has always been there in the background. But as Teyla herself said, it was only recently that she saw him as more and that it turned into more. Why? Because before then, she was crushing on John. As she DID confide to Dr. Hewston and as shown in several other little moments throughout the show and as confirmed by the Sunday Commentary.

In other words, it was never said that she had a crush on both at the same time or was in a relationship with Kanaan while crushing on John. In fact, that's NOT what was said. The timeline makes sense, whether we like it or not and whether we like how they're trying to backpedal and fill in with Kanaan or not.

And we also know those feelings for John haven't gone entirely away. She made her choice and she is loyal to that choice, but wait for more to come. This is not the end. We have had that confirmed for us as well. Patience girls, patience.
          Ok I'm jealous how did you do to explain things better than me lol personnally it's what I think too
          Originally posted by wraithlord View Post
          Hello everyone just stopping by for a minute i hope your all ok and that you are enjoying Season 5 it should start airing here on Skyone tomorrow i can't wait.

Well RL is still keeping me busy but luckily not as much as it was so i hope to stop by more often.

Oh and Linda i managed to make you some birthday presents sorry I'm really late with them and unfortunately they're not great

Well i have to go now I'm on my sisters computer but unfortunately she doesn't like me using it much see you all soon.
          WRIATHLORD youhou how are you ? I'm really happy that it's a little less busy I hope to see you more HUGS
          You joke they are really good I love them great pics and colors
          sigpic
          Sig by the Great Linda06

Comment

Originally posted by TeylaFan View Post
            Hi Kate! *hugs*
            Hi hun! *big hugs back*

Spoiler:
            http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p84/wriathlord/Artwork/Signatures/lindab-daysig1.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p...b-daysigv2.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p...b-daysigv3.jpg

Yep, loving season 5 so far!!! I'd love a little more JT, but hopefully that'll come as the season continues....
            Love the sigs!! the effects you used look great
            --Kate

Comment

Jess, when is your Birthday??
              September 9th. I'm gonna do my birthday alert next week, which will be a little weird.
              sigpic
              Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
                September 9th. I'm gonna do my birthday alert next week, which will be a little weird.
                Phew! Still have some time left then. LOL, I bet!
                Just as a head start - what would you like?

And please don't say a pony, like Ruby....

“Because you can.”

--

Comment

I know! I totally agree. I wish people would focus on what they do like. *sigh* But that's just me.
                  Ah, but its when the things that you don't like detract from the things that you do, that's the problem and when they make you nausous

Spoiler:
                  http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p84/wriathlord/Artwork/Signatures/lindab-daysig1.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p...b-daysigv2.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p...b-daysigv3.jpg

Hi Lordy! I'm well looking forward to S&R tomorrow! Gorgeous sigs See you soon!

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
                    Ah, but its when the things that you don't like detract from the things that you do, that's the problem and when they make you nausous
                    LOL, you'll have to phrase that sentence a little more simple for me to understand what you mean. I don't know what detract means.

“Because you can.”

--

Comment

Spoiler:

Hi WL! *hugs* Lovely sigs!!

“Because you can.”

--

Comment

LOL, you'll have to phrase that sentence a little more simple for me to understand what you mean. I don't know what detract means.
                        detract means 'takes away' Ironically, I wrote that first and edited it

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Originally posted by LoveConquers View Post

Spoiler:

Ah but you see...I'm not the most patient person in the world

Oh YAY....Burfday pressies........Me loves.....Thank you WL
                          sigpic

Comment

I can't remeber if I posted Outcast Quotes so here they are.

Spoiler:
                            Outcast
                            DEX: I watched it last night. There was hardly any fighting.
                            SHEPPARD: That's 'cause it's not about fighting.
                            DEX: Then why's it called "Blades of Glory"?
                            SHEPPARD: 'Cause it's about ... skate blades.
                            DEX: And this is a real sport? Men and women dancing around on ice?
                            SHEPPARD: Unfortunately.
                            DEX: Your planet's weird.
                            SHEPPARD: Mmm, you can say that again.
                            CARTER: Colonel.
                            CARTER: I was just coming to see you. Do you have a minute?
                            SHEPPARD: Yeah, sure.
                            CARTER: I received a message from Stargate Command. I'm afraid I have some bad news.
                            SHEPPARD: OK.
                            CARTER: Your father suffered a heart attack last night.
                            CARTER: I'm sorry, John, but he passed away.

SHEPPARD: Thanks.
                            SHEPPARD: Yeah, I'm fine.
                            SHEPPARD: That the planet with all the kids?
                            SHEPPARD: Well, that should be fun for you(!)
                            SHEPPARD: Hey, don't worry about it.
                            SHEPPARD: Rodney. I'm fine.
                            SHEPPARD: Where are you goin'?
                            SHEPPARD: Yeah. The old man was pretty well connected.

DAVE: John.
                            SHEPPARD: Dave.
                            DAVE: I wasn't sure you were gonna make it.
                            DAVE: It's good to see you. I contacted your unit commander at Peterson but sometimes those messages don't seem to reach you.
                            SHEPPARD: Well, I came as soon as I heard.
                            SHEPPARD: Uh, this is Ronon. Ronon, this is Dave, my brother.
                            DEX: Yeah. Nice to meet you.
                            DAVE (shaking his hand): Pleasure. You two work together in the Air Force?
                            SHEPPARD: He's a civilian contractor.
                            DAVE: Right. Anyway, John, I think we should probably talk.
                            SHEPPARD: Yeah.
                            DAVE: I'll catch up with you later.

SHEPPARD: I'm good.
                            SHEPPARD: One of them.
                            SHEPPARD: Yeah. Couldn't wait to get out of here.
                            SHEPPARD: My dad's idea of teenage rebellion was going to Stanford instead of Harvard.
                            SHEPPARD: Never mind. He just – he had everything planned out for me since I was about fourteen.
                            SHEPPARD: Mostly people sit around, drink ... (he looks down at Ronon's plate) ... eat – some more than others. Mostly they talk. They don't know what to say, but they talk.
                            SHEPPARD: That's what he does – he handles things.
                            SHEPPARD: It's complicated.
                            SHEPPARD: I told you I had an ex-wife, right?
                            SHEPPARD: Here she comes.
                            SHEPPARD: Nancy. I didn't expect to see you here.
                            SHEPPARD: Nancy, Ronon. Ronon, Nancy.
                            SHEPPARD: How long're you here?
                            SHEPPARD: Still with Homeland Security?
                            SHEPPARD: Oh, congratulations.
                            SHEPPARD: How's – how's Greg?
                            SHEPPARD: Grant.
                            SHEPPARD: Sounds like he's doing well.
                            SHEPPARD: Well, in his mind, marrying you was probably the best thing I ever did.
                            SHEPPARD: Yes.
                            SHEPPARD: Do I know you?
                            SHEPPARD: Doesn't ring a bell.
                            SHEPPARD: Who the hell are you?
                            SHEPPARD: Take her to the car.

DAVE: Excuse me.
                            DAVE: John. I was thinking that we should probably ...
                            SHEPPARD: Uh, look, something came up. I've gotta go.
                            DAVE: It's Dad's wake.
                            SHEPPARD: I know, but this is work-related.
                            DAVE (irritated): Oh. Oh. What is it, top secret, national security, that sort of thing?
                            SHEPPARD: Yeah, something like that.
                            DAVE: You know, this is so typical.
                            SHEPPARD: If you've got something to say, just say it.
                            DAVE: Look, there's just one thing I wanna know. What's your level of expectation here?
                            SHEPPARD: What are you talking about?
                            DAVE: I mean, are you gonna challenge the will?
                            DAVE: I have no idea what it says, of course, but I think I can guess.
                            SHEPPARD: That's what you wanna talk about? You wanna talk about money?
                            DAVE: That's why you're here, isn't it? You've been gone a long time, John. It's not such a stretch.
                            SHEPPARD: You've got nothing to worry about.
                            DAVE: Hey.
                            DAVE: If I've got the wrong impression of you, it's not my fault. You're the one who left, remember? I stayed. I looked after Dad; I ran the business while you're off doing God knows what.
                            SHEPPARD: I'm assuming that's what Dad wanted.
                            DAVE: No. No, it's not, John. Dad regretted what happened between you two right up to the end.

SHEPPARD: All right, you've got our attention. What's this all about?
                            SHEPPARD: What are you talking about?
                            SHEPPARD: There's no way you had authorisation to do this.
                            SHEPPARD: And you believed him.
                            SHEPPARD: You're telling me there's a Replicator loose on Earth?
                            SHEPPARD: We had a little help.
                            SHEPPARD: Your little science project got two of your own men killed – and he's still on the loose. I don't think you have control of anything.
                            SHEPPARD: Well, that's because we're gonna find him, and we're gonna neutralise him ...
                            SHEPPARD: ... and you are gonna help.
                            SHEPPARD: Apollo, we're ready.
                            SHEPPARD: All right, let's start with giving me the access code to the data files we recovered.
                            SHEPPARD: You do know we will crack it eventually.
                            SHEPPARD: What about you?
                            SHEPPARD: Forget it.
                            SHEPPARD: You've had your chance; now it's my turn. Are you gonna help us track this thing or not?
                            SHEPPARD: Bates!
                            SHEPPARD (shaking Bates' hand): Yeah, Bates served on Atlantis when we first got there, then he got into it with a Wraith. Took a pretty good beating.
                            SHEPPARD (to Bates): You with N.I.D.?
                            SHEPPARD: Well, it's good to see you back in action.
                            SHEPPARD: You don't have to call me that any more.
                            SHEPPARD: The girl's co-operating.
                            SHEPPARD: Yeah, not so much.
                            SHEPPARD: I've got a guy working on it.
                            SHEPPARD: C'mon, Doc, it's not so bad.
                            SHEPPARD: Looks like they did you a favour. Next time, use a little sun block, all right?
                            SHEPPARD (to Bates): Seal it off – get everyone out.
                            SHEPPARD: I need to know what I'm up against. What kind of capability does this thing have?
                            SHEPPARD: What about tactics? Escape, evasion – does it have any military training?
                            SHEPPARD (angrily): See, I've had this really crappy few days, so I'm beginning to lose my patience.
                            SHEPPARD: So whatever you can do to make this easier may work in your favour.
                            SHEPPARD: Well, maybe not for you. What about the girl?
                            SHEPPARD: Well, like you said, there isn't gonna be a trial.
                            SHEPPARD: Not good enough. (He straightens up and looks down at him.) What's it gonna be, Doc?
                            SHEPPARD (to Poole): Well, Doc?
                            SHEPPARD: Fire power we can do. What's he gonna do when he sees us?
                            SHEPPARD: All right, listen up. Let's try to get this right the first time. We're gonna operate in teams of two. Your objective is to find the target, and once you do that, you will not engage him. You'll radio in his position. We'll co-ordinate, see if we can't corral him into a corner, at which point we will bring as much force to bear as we can and take him out, all right? Let's do this.
                            SHEPPARD: Yeah.
                            SHEPPARD (over radio): Go ahead.
                            SHEPPARD: Stay put. We'll be there in a minute.
                            SHEPPARD: Apollo, this is Sheppard. I need you to beam up Agent Bates immediately.
                            SHEPPARD: He's dead.
                            SHEPPARD (over radio): Lee, come in.
                            SHEPPARD: We've got a problem. Poole's dead.
                            SHEPPARD: Are you still tracking the Replicator?
                            SHEPPARD: What?
                            SHEPPARD: Crap!
                            SHEPPARD: Well, get him back online. Ronon and I are going after him.
                            SHEPPARD: All right, you'll be OK, Sarge. Sit tight.
                            SHEPPARD: Take care of him. (To Ronon) All right, so much for evasion.
                            SHEPPARD: This is Sheppard. Change of plans: fall back, create a defensive perimeter. Ronon and I are gonna flush him out.
                            SHEPPARD (into radio): I'm heading south-east toward the water.
                            SHEPPARD: Hold your fire!
                            SHEPPARD: What about the tracking system?
                            SHEPPARD: Great(!) Back to square one, then.
                            SHEPPARD: How's it going with those files from the lab?
                            SHEPPARD: Well, focus on that for now.
                            SHEPPARD: I know, but something's not right.
                            SHEPPARD: Well, why'd Poole go in there? Why'd he risk his life?
                            SHEPPARD: Even if that worked – even if we decided not to destroy that thing, it doesn't change the fact that Poole's going away forever.
                            SHEPPARD: That's what he wanted us to think, but I'm not buying it. He's been spoon-fed half this technology; he stole the rest. No – he wanted to save the Replicator 'cause he thought it would do him some good. I'm thinking he's got a buyer – somebody who can get him out of this if he delivers the goods.
                            SHEPPARD: That way, everyone's ass is covered.

NANCY: Well, this is a surprise.
                            SHEPPARD (standing): Why's that?
                            NANCY: Two John Sheppard encounters in two days?
                            NANCY: I hardly saw you that much when we were married. What can I do for you?
                            SHEPPARD: Uh, I need a favour. Um, I need as much information as possible about a project possibly codenamed Archetype.
                            NANCY: You want me to use my security clearance to get you classified information?
                            SHEPPARD: Well, I didn't say it was a small favour.
                            NANCY: Do you know how hard I've worked to get to where I am? If I get caught doing something like this, I could lose everything.
                            SHEPPARD: Well, I know! I wouldn't ask you if it wasn't important.
                            NANCY: All right. What's it about?
                            SHEPPARD: I can't tell ya.
                            NANCY: Ah, that's typical!
                            SHEPPARD: What the hell's that supposed to mean?
                            NANCY: I haven't seen you in over four years and now you want me to put my job on the line and you won't even tell me why?!
                            SHEPPARD: All right, when you put it that way, it sounds a little crappy.
                            NANCY: Well, I'm glad you noticed! It's too bad you didn't a little bit earlier – say, like when we were still together? When I think back to all those times that you would just take that call and leave – no apologies, no explanations ... For all I knew, you were halfway around the world, flying secret missions into Somalia.
                            SHEPPARD: That's ridiculous. I've never been to Somalia.
                            NANCY: North Korea, then.
                            SHEPPARD: There's a big difference.
                            NANCY: I put up with your secrets then, John. I don't have to do it now.
                            SHEPPARD: Right.

SHEPPARD: Hey.
                            SHEPPARD: I'm sorry about what happened.
                            SHEPPARD: Well, you don't know that.
                            SHEPPARD: Well, maybe you meant something to him too. You never know what people are thinking.
                            SHEPPARD: Especially those.
                            SHEPPARD: Look, I know this is not a good time, but I've gotta ask you something.
                            SHEPPARD: Did anyone else know about this project?
                            SHEPPARD: No-one came to check on your progress?
                            SHEPPARD: Was he in contact with anyone, maybe from the military – phone, e-mails?
                            SHEPPARD: All right.
                            SHEPPARD (turning back to her): It's not, but Doctor Lee says he's pretty close to breaking the encryption code.
                            SHEPPARD: Hmm, guess not.
                            SHEPPARD: Well, how's it going?
                            SHEPPARD: Nice work. Anything interesting?
                            SHEPPARD: No, but he's gonna have a hell of a headache.
                            SHEPPARD: "Colonel Sheppard. I never meant for any of this to happen. I am very sorry. Ava."
                            SHEPPARD: What about the sensors?
                            SHEPPARD: C'mon – a Replicator with a conscience?!
                            SHEPPARD: Well, we need 'em both. Anything useful left in those files?
                            SHEPPARD: Yeah, it's Sheppard. Go ahead.

SHEPPARD: Well, you've really got the cloak and dagger thing down.
                            NANCY: I learned from the best.
                            NANCY: It's everything I could find on Archetype. It's not much, but whatever it is, no-one will touch it with a ten foot pole.
                            SHEPPARD: I owe you one.
                            NANCY: Damn right you do! (She smiles briefly.) You know, it's funny – when you and I were together, I couldn't stand it when you wouldn't be able to tell me where you were going or what you were doing. And now, every once in a while, I catch Grant looking at me the same way.
                            NANCY: When I was doing my snooping around, I took the liberty of asking a few questions about you, John.
                            SHEPPARD: That's probably not such a good idea.
                            NANCY: Yeah, I got that impression. I've seen walls go up quickly before, but never like this. And whatever you're into, it's obviously big and – my guess – is very dangerous.
                            NANCY: I just want you to be careful.
                            SHEPPARD: Well, you know me.
                            NANCY: Yeah, that's the problem.
                            NANCY: Goodbye, John.

Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Part 2

Spoiler:
                              SHEPPARD: So?
                              SHEPPARD: He's gonna go for the warehouse.
                              SHEPPARD: It's a good point.
                              SHEPPARD: That's a really good idea!
                              SHEPPARD: Understood.
                              SHEPPARD: The I.O.A. said they spotted him nearby.
                              SHEPPARD: Bates. See anything?
                              SHEPPARD (to Ronon): Be patient. He'll show up.
                              SHEPPARD: Now!
                              SHEPPARD (slumping to the floor, exhausted): Low Earth orbit. I know by experience, re-entry's a *****.
                              SHEPPARD: Yeah, I know.
                              SHEPPARD (grimacing): I don't think that's much of a reward.
                              SHEPPARD: No, he's right. There's no escaping the fact she's still a Replicator.
                              SHEPPARD: How're you settling in to your new life?
                              SHEPPARD: Well, I'm sure you'll figure something out.
                              SHEPPARD: You saved my life – putting a word in is the least I can do.
                              SHEPPARD: C'mon, what've you got to be scared about?
                              SHEPPARD: Well, one thing I've learned about my business is never say never.
                              SHEPPARD (sitting up and getting out): Well, it's very nice work. Very convincing.
                              SHEPPARD: It should keep her pretty busy for a while.
                              SHEPPARD: They scrapped her.
                              SHEPPARD: Yeah. You go ahead. I've got a few things to take care of.
                              Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
                                detract means 'takes away' Ironically, I wrote that first and edited it

Ohh. Right, I get it now. LOL Anyway, thanks for explaining!

“Because you can.”

--

Comment

Working...
                                X