Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Link that was just added to my official link post

*NEW*COMIC CON 2008

Watch the whole video clip of a little more then 40 min of the Stargate Atlantis panel on Comic Con 2008. Cast members Joe Flanigan, Robert Picardo & Jewel Staite answer questions and give comments,,and they are a lot of fun to listen to and they seem to have so much fun together. Also there is a question as Steph mentioned about JT, and it's cool they answered it instead of just going over it quick and ignore it.
    http://www.scifi.com/comiccon/video/index.php?clip=1
    sigpic
    Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Originally posted by LoveConquers View Post
      LOL, yeah, it can definitely be confusing. But while it all seems conflicting, it's not. They answer everything very vaguely, but also very literally. They said there would be no OUTRIGHT romance between John and Teyla, which isn't a big surprise since this is Stargate and they never really do outright romance unfortunately. But no outright romance doesn't mean that nothing will happen with J/T. Quite the opposite actually, as we've seen by other quotes, including this latest one from the Con. We know they plan to continue to explore their relationship. Which also shows that there is a plan and a reason to show moments like we saw in S&R followed by moments in BT. It is not inconsistency. We have just not seen the whole picture yet. It's a puzzle, with parts being filled in slowly one at a time and will make sense in the end.

It's easy to get impatient and want to give up. We know what we want, and we also know what we're sick to death of seeing. But unfortunately we have no control over what will happen or how it will happen or at what pace it will happen. Enjoy it for what it is and how it comes. Otherwise you'll just end up making yourself miserable and start to resent the show or even the ship. I've been through this so many times over the past twenty years of shipping. If you hang in there, accept what you can't control and enjoy what we do get, it will be rewarding in the end. It may not be fully what you wanted, but that's the nature of TV and of shipping.

For those finding themselves in need of a break, take it. There is nothing wrong with that! I've been there many times myself. When you find yourself becoming emotionally impacted to the point you can't enjoy it anymore, then it's no longer healthy. Take some time away, regain perspective, and come back when you find the fun again. Because this is supposed to be a fun escape. And part of that escape is the emotional roller coaster the characters put you on. Buckle in for the good and the bad and enjoy little moments that made you fall in love with them in the first place. And endure the ride for the big finale. It's worth it.
      Thank you so much for your beautiful comment you help me a lot. I'm new in shipping in fact before I was more of an anti except for certain series where I thought that the ship bring something more. I'm so attached that sometimes people find me crazy when i'm depressed over the show lol I know I'm not healthy but this isn't necessary to remind me lol. I really enjoy to come in here and discuss with great people
      Originally posted by NinaM View Post
      Hrm intresting..not just the answer itself but also the fact that they all seems to take turns answering..yes with jokes and stuff but hey atleast it seems way more then we normaly get when a ship question is asked..you most would expect.."ah who knows,,if wanna know keep watching" or something to that effect..

I'm not sure if I can see that video though...I think I've had problems with watching videos on SciFi site due to the fact I don't live in the US..like that were all Atlantis fans live.. *sigh*

At times I feel like I can't handle any more...

why is it that a ship is always they source of angst and tons and tons of stumbling blocks..in the end it will just feel so over done and old it's not even funny.. and it gets harder to beleive in things when they take an established couple and mess with them and put every stumbling block possible up and angst and new men and new women.. in the end it just feels like that is all ships are good in the writers eye..to mess with them.. sometime I just feel why is the use to even bring in some form of romance and then they can't see it through.. it's like that is the only purpose when it comes to the writers..they toss in a relationship only to break it apart in the end..it's like that is their play and fun...
      Oh yeah believe me I know what you feel.
      Thank you for the links
      I thought to share with you a little my holidays. This isn't a few pics which will show you France this is so different but if you want to come I hope I could see you lol
      It begins after 10 hours of road.
      Spoiler:
      The first day we went to La Rochelle this is a city on the west coast which has a rich hstory particularly between catholics and protestants

Here the door to enter the city, this is really beautiful it suffers a lot of changes in History
      Here the city hotel (?) where work our mayor and this is really a beautiful one
      After I go to the ocean this was the first time for me I live besides the sea Mediterranée in the Cevennes beside the Provence. The water is hoter in Mediterranée lol (I'm on the right and I try to stay right because my feet hurt a lot lol )
      After we go to le Marais Poitevin I have to say I'm not really a fan of naure but with such scenery it's really beautiful and you can enjoy it in boat (?)

Here the Futuroscope this all sort of cine with dynamism and attraction this is really cool this was a long time since I wanted to go and I enjoyed it

And we go to Poitiers I didn't knew and this is a beautiful city too with a great past too as for example Jeanne d'Arc go here this is a palace (?) and you can see (I know it's difficult) in the dark at the left a statue of Jeanne d'Arc

And here my sister and me in front of the university lol they have a great site
      as you can see we had a lot of fun lol
      This is Notre Dame la Grande a beautiful church my sister was tired of seeing church lol I'm fan of patrimoine I wanted to do archaeologist but as I knew there wasn't job I did conservation of patrimoine sadly there isn't work either so for now I'm librarian lol

And here again the ocean beside Rochefort. I said hi to you people in USA did you saw me lol

So here are a little part of my holidays I hope you had a little view of France lol
      Last edited by asgard30; 27 July 2008, 11:53 AM.
      sigpic
      Sig by the Great Linda06

Comment

Originally posted by asgard30 View Post
        Thank you so much for your beautiful comment you help me a lot. I'm new in shipping in fact before I was more of an anti except for certain series where I thought that the ship bring something more. I'm so attached that sometimes people find me crazy when i'm depressed over the show lol I know I'm not healthy but this isn't necessary to remind me lol. I really enjoy to come in here and discuss with great people

Thank you for the links
        I thought to share with you a little my holidays. This isn't a few pics which will show you France this is so different but if you want to come I hope I could see you lol
        Spoiler:
        The first day we went to La Rochelle this is a city on the west coast which has a rich hstory particularly between catholics and protestants
        [ATTACH]6317[/ATTACH]
        Here the door to enter the city, this is really beautiful it suffers a lot of changes in History
        Here the city hotel (?) where work our mayor and this is really a beautiful one [ATTACH]6319[/ATTACH]
        After I go to the ocean this was the first time for me I live besides the sea Mediterranée in the Cevennes beside the Provence. The water is hoter in Mediterranée lol (I'm on the right and I try to stay right because my feet hurt a lot lol )[ATTACH]6318[/ATTACH]
        After we go to le Marais Poitevin I have to say I'm not really a fan of naure but with such scenery it's really beautiful and you can enjoy it in boat (?)
        [ATTACH]6320[/ATTACH]
        Here the Futuroscope this all sort of cine with dynamism and attraction this is really cool this was a long time since I wanted to go and I enjoyed it [ATTACH]6321[/ATTACH]
        And we go to Poitiers I didn't knew and this is a beautiful city too with a great past too as for example Jeanne d'Arc go here this is a palace (?) and you can see (I know it's difficult) in the dark at the left a statue of Jeanne d'Arc[ATTACH]6322[/ATTACH]
        [ATTACH]6325[/ATTACH] as you can see we had a lot of fun lol
        This is Notre Dame la Grande a beautiful church my sister was tired of seeing church lol I'm fan of patrimoine I wanted to do archaeologist but as I knew there wasn't job I did conservation of patrimoine sadly there isn't work either so for now I'm librarian lol[ATTACH]6323[/ATTACH]
        And here again the ocean beside Rochefort. I said hi to you people in USA did you saw me lol[ATTACH]6324[/ATTACH]

So here are a little part of my holidays I hope you had a little view of France lol
        Hrmmm I can't see the pics
        sigpic
        Sigs by Scifan

Comment

LOL, yeah, it can definitely be confusing. But while it all seems conflicting, it's not. They answer everything very vaguely, but also very literally. They said there would be no OUTRIGHT romance between John and Teyla, which isn't a big surprise since this is Stargate and they never really do outright romance unfortunately. But no outright romance doesn't mean that nothing will happen with J/T. Quite the opposite actually, as we've seen by other quotes, including this latest one from the Con. We know they plan to continue to explore their relationship. Which also shows that there is a plan and a reason to show moments like we saw in S&R followed by moments in BT. It is not inconsistency. We have just not seen the whole picture yet. It's a puzzle, with parts being filled in slowly one at a time and will make sense in the end.

It's easy to get impatient and want to give up. We know what we want, and we also know what we're sick to death of seeing. But unfortunately we have no control over what will happen or how it will happen or at what pace it will happen. Enjoy it for what it is and how it comes. Otherwise you'll just end up making yourself miserable and start to resent the show or even the ship. I've been through this so many times over the past twenty years of shipping. If you hang in there, accept what you can't control and enjoy what we do get, it will be rewarding in the end. It may not be fully what you wanted, but that's the nature of TV and of shipping.

For those finding themselves in need of a break, take it. There is nothing wrong with that! I've been there many times myself. When you find yourself becoming emotionally impacted to the point you can't enjoy it anymore, then it's no longer healthy. Take some time away, regain perspective, and come back when you find the fun again. Because this is supposed to be a fun escape. And part of that escape is the emotional roller coaster the characters put you on. Buckle in for the good and the bad and enjoy little moments that made you fall in love with them in the first place. And endure the ride for the big finale. It's worth it.
          Very nicely said.

Thank you for the links
          Spoiler:
          [ATTACH]6317[/ATTACH]
          Here the city hotel (?) where work our mayor and this is really a beautiful one [ATTACH]6319[/ATTACH]
          After I go to the ocean this was the first time for me I live besides the sea Mediterranée in the Cevennes beside the Provence. The water is hoter in Mediterranée lol (I'm on the right and I try to stay right because my feet hurt a lot lol )[ATTACH]6318[/ATTACH]
          [ATTACH]6320[/ATTACH]
          Here the Futuroscope this all sort of cine with dynamism and attraction this is really cool this was a long time since I wanted to go and I enjoyed it [ATTACH]6321[/ATTACH]
          And we go to Poitiers I didn't knew and this is a beautiful city too with a great past too as for example Jeanne d'Arc go here this is a palace (?) and you can see (I know it's difficult) in the dark at the left a statue of Jeanne d'Arc[ATTACH]6322[/ATTACH]
          [ATTACH]6325[/ATTACH] as you can see we had a lot of fun lol
          This is Notre Dame la Grande a beautiful church my sister was tired of seeing church lol I'm fan of patrimoine I wanted to do archaeologist but as I knew there wasn't job I did conservation of patrimoine sadly there isn't work either so for now I'm librarian lol[ATTACH]6323[/ATTACH]
          And here again the ocean beside Rochefort. I said hi to you people in USA did you saw me lol[ATTACH]6324[/ATTACH]

It sounds heavenly, asgard! Would love to see France one day, but I can't get your pics to show for me...it says "invalid attachement".
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NinaM View Post
            Hrmmm I can't see the pics
            Originally posted by cc_mac View Post
            Very nicely said.

It sounds heavenly, asgard! Would love to see France one day, but I can't get your pics to show for me...it says "invalid attachement".
            Sorry I think I arranged things
            sigpic
            Sig by the Great Linda06

Comment

**iz happy**

again, is ANYONE having trouble w/ GW loading????? Help me here ppl, let me know I'm not alone!!!!!!!!!!
              Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
              Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

Originally posted by AlbinoMonkeyC View Post
                **iz happy**

again, is ANYONE having trouble w/ GW loading????? Help me here ppl, let me know I'm not alone!!!!!!!!!!
                If I say it it won't work anymore lol but this is the first time that I haven't problems for now but I read I think that others had
                sigpic
                Sig by the Great Linda06

Comment

Spoiler:

Here the city hotel (?) where work our mayor and this is really a beautiful one
                  After I go to the ocean this was the first time for me I live besides the sea Mediterranée in the Cevennes beside the Provence. The water is hoter in Mediterranée lol (I'm on the right and I try to stay right because my feet hurt a lot lol )

Here the Futuroscope this all sort of cine with dynamism and attraction this is really cool this was a long time since I wanted to go and I enjoyed it

And we go to Poitiers I didn't knew and this is a beautiful city too with a great past too as for example Jeanne d'Arc go here this is a palace (?) and you can see (I know it's difficult) in the dark at the left a statue of Jeanne d'Arc

as you can see we had a lot of fun lol
                  This is Notre Dame la Grande a beautiful church my sister was tired of seeing church lol I'm fan of patrimoine I wanted to do archaeologist but as I knew there wasn't job I did conservation of patrimoine sadly there isn't work either so for now I'm librarian lol

And here again the ocean beside Rochefort. I said hi to you people in USA did you saw me lol

Cool pics Asgard! I love going to France, it's not too far from here, and such a great place to go on a survival trip!

**iz happy**

Sorry, it's working fine for me!
                  *Beautiful sig by Scifan!*

“Because you can.”

--

Comment

Sorry I think I arranged things
                    Now I can see them! Oh, France looks beautiful! I really would love to go there someday. I've traveled all over the US and Canada and one little trip to the Bahamas but never overseas. And I would love to go!
                    I love the architecture of the cathedrals, just breathtaking. You and your sister are cute as a button, too.
                    You're a librarian huh? Cool, I'm considering getting my masters in Information technology and Library Science when I finish up my bachelors. May have to hit you up for some pointers sometime.

**iz happy**

No sweetie, you're not alone...I've had problems all day with GW freezing up on me. It works for a while then "bam!" nothing.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DONNA BOOTH View Post
                      Forgot to post this Well
                      Spoiler:
                      Love it...absolutely amazing

Comment

Originally posted by TeylaFan View Post
                        Cool pics Asgard! I love going to France, it's not too far from here, and such a great place to go on a survival trip!

Sorry, it's working fine for me!
                        Thanks yeah it's true even if for me you're a little too far I'm on the other end lol and survival trip what do you mean by this ?
                        sigpic
                        Sig by the Great Linda06

Comment

Thanks yeah it's true even if for me you're a little too far I'm on the other end lol and survival trip what do you mean by this ?
                          Yeah, it's quite a drive from there. Well, you guys have very cool rivers and stuff! Not to mention the lovely weather.
                          *Beautiful sig by Scifan!*

“Because you can.”

--

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                            Thanks so much!

Comment

Anyone know any good Batman fics?
                              don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

Woohoo! Scifi.com has the complete Comic Con 08 Atlantis panel video up, so I just got done watching it and here is the EXACT quote from the J/T question. LOVE it!!!!

The person said asked if we would see romance between Teyla and Sheppard or if Teyla would stay with Kanaan:

Spoiler:
                                Martin Gero: "Well, look, she just had a baby. (All laugh). That is NOT what she is thinking about right now! (More laughter) Um, I don't know, Joe, I think they have a very special relationship that (puts his hands together) there's a lot of gray area between those two. So that's something we're going to explore this year."

Brad Wright: "Well the guy...Sheppard has risked his life for that woman so many times. (Joe nodding and grinning beside him) In the ark, he flew a MOON to the ground to save Teyla! So there's deep affection there."

Joe: "I'm always open to those possibilities." (All laugh) "I-I just get my marching orders." (All laugh more) "Yeah, she looks great. She just had a baby and she looks better."

Martin Gero: "She looked better 9 months pregnant than I will ever look in my entire life!" (More laughter then next question)

WoooHooo....*wishing for more John/Teyla scenes

Comment

Working...
                                X