No announcement yet.

John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love the vid! Glad you are back vidding again.
    Sig by Cazzblade

Comment

Originally posted by gater101 View Post
      More OT wrong facts about Braveheart.
      Spoiler:
      The fight that procured Scottish victory was called The Battle of Stirling Bridge - historically. it's the whole reason Scotland won. The English were bottle necked onto the bridge and the Scots got them as they came out on the other side.

In the movie, the winnng battle was played on a wide open field, with no bridge and with the way the English fought, the Scots would have been slaughtered.

We're taught that in first year high school... It's a bit silly of them to get that wrong.
      Spoiler:
      Yeah i know....I'm like WTF Watching this film actually confused me

I mean they weren't just little mistakes...They practically rewrote history so it would fit in with the story...I'm sorry if others liked the movie but i am dead against changing history just for a film...If they are gonna make a film about something significant then they really should get the facts right..

I live not far from Stirling,i can see the Wallace monument from my kitchen window

Originally posted by shanna1 View Post
      Spoiler:
      I loved that movie, but I haven't seen it in forever. And maybe, looking back now, Gibson was not the best choice, but there seems to be an unfortunate lack of actors who would be a good Wallace. People are too short these days.
      Spoiler:
      Well you know the funny thing is,there was a guy that was in braveheart that would have been perfect for the part.....He was tall and broad and he had the characteristics,he had a kinda ginger beard and if i mind right i think he's Scottish!

Originally posted by Mayra View Post
      I think they came out great!. See you are getting better and better!
      Thanks..Dunno about getting better though!

Originally posted by scifan View Post
      Cool. You'll enjoy all the wonderful squeeing.

Here's a new Ronon sig.
      Spoiler:

Goodnight.
      Oh very nice sci

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
      One of the first things I did this morning was check JM's blog and OMG Peggy and Linz!!! So many pics of them on there, and they both said what a great guy he is

Yup, I'm so squeeful about S&R (there's a great bit in Jason's interview on that front too ) and Remnants!!!

Piccies of The Daedalus Variations There's a Teyla one so Linda will be happy

And have you read this: Stargate Universe?

Not happy about that at all!

Thanks caz but why do we only get one meesly pic when the others have a handful of pics

Oh this new series better not be at the expense of Atlantis or i'll be seriously pissed I won't watch it!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wraithlord View Post
        Hi everyone sorry for not being on the last few days i had to go off I'm back now which is great but I'm only quickly stopping by as i have some things to take care of but i will be on tomorrow to try and catch up.

Oh and i managed to make a little something while i was away hope you all like it
        Spoiler:

So see you all tomorrow. *runs off*
        Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!

That's beautiful!

There is a post from Maff on her LJ

Oh there is? How is she!

Originally posted by scifan View Post
        Thanks TF.

Where is everyone???
        We were almost on the second page.
        Watching Croatia gub Germany 2-1

Originally posted by WingedPegasus View Post
        *dances happily* Guess who FINALLY got around to posting two little fics on ff.net? I wrote them earlier this year, so I'm sure some of you will remember them. That and I think my writing has improved considerably since then . . . . but I'm just glad they're off my computer!

Here they are:
        Uncommon Bond
        Night Phantoms
        Oh i'll read after i catch up!

Originally posted by asgard30 View Post
        Until here I thought I understood Scottish lol

Spoiler:
        I can't really speak of historical errors. In fact we don't study Scotland. I study France History in uni and mediterranean country and it was a lot. I choose Espanol so I learn Spanish history and Latin America (?) but not Scottish. In fact we study a little English History we learned Ireland history a tiny little with Sunday Bloody Sunday from U2 and In the Name of the Father (?) but we understand nothing so my profr hated us. In fact all of our english teacher hated us and finally we hated them so nobody work more english. I had to wait to work in an historical monument to have to speak english and I understand a lot thanks to this forum. In fact I learned more in here than in more than 10 years at school. Except than USA people don't like me lol
        But I have to say that I found it a little ridiculous too due to the few things that I knew
        Na you understood English,not Scottish

Spoiler:
        Well trust me,there was mistake after mistake and i'm not talking about little mistakes They practically rewrite history and for non Scots watching this,they'd think it happened this way but they couldn't be more wrong!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Teyilia View Post
          Hey gang guess what!! I'm banging out the next few chapters of New Birth mostly because I want to finish it before July starts, mostly because July is the busiest month for me this year (23 years old on the 6th July + my aunt Nita coming over for three weeks = crazy month)

Anyhow also wanted to tell you guys that even though my birthday is on the 6th July, I'll let you guys know now that I'm most likely going to be gone for that weekend to FL, down by Padmes place actually...... So, to start off I think I'll just say here that the July RR will be going.... three rounds (I'm thinknig of not just starting it but also ending it as well, hope nobody minds that)

ALSO, to my fellow LJ friends, i have responded to you all that have commented on my request...... which of you is cblade_007? *iz confused*
          Happy Early Birthday!

*dances happily* Guess who FINALLY got around to posting two little fics on ff.net? I wrote them earlier this year, so I'm sure some of you will remember them. That and I think my writing has improved considerably since then . . . . but I'm just glad they're off my computer!

Here they are:
          Uncommon Bond
          Night Phantoms
          Will read and review.

Originally posted by outta-orbit View Post
          Hi guys!

Dropping off a video gift.

Took a while for me to make another because my comp. went all wonky and I ended up losing almost everything necessary to make decent videos.
          Anyhow, I ended up getting better software which makes the making of vids even more fun.

OK! This one has loads of Teyla whumping--the emo & physical variety.

Here’s the scenario and video:

Spoiler:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diREaj_9nbk

All Teyla ever wanted was to live as serene a life as possible with her people.
          But it’s proves ridiculously hard when she always has to deal with all the P.G. baddies constantly coming at her and those she love at every angle…at every given moment.

She, obviously as the leader of the Athosians, has had this problem for a while, but she’s more than willing to deal for the sake of her people.
          And then the anything but simple/average John Sheppard comes along and she no longer has to bear the burden of protecting her people alone—especially now that the Wraith are back.

She ends up falling way hard for the Colonel. And she now more than ever wants this life she’s always dreamed of and she wants it with John.
          But having to fight never ending brutal battles, shows Teyla life’s to short and ends up convincing herself that John’s not the man she should be with and turns to someone else—Kanaan.

Teyla believes she’s found what she needs in him. And he does make her happy, but only for a little while. She later realizes that the simple things she’s always wanted in life (Kanaan--for whom she’s now pregnant)are now proving to be the most complicated.

And even though she’s told Kanaan she can’t continue to return his feelings the way he wants, he believes they should stay together anyway. But Teyla can’t continue to live a lie any longer. All she wants now is to rid the galaxy of the Wraith and protect her people from other menacing threats while at John’s side.

In spite of issues with Kanaan, she’s very happy about her baby, but with each passing day she can’t help but find herself wishing more and more that he was John’s.

But that’s the least of Teylas problems. Her first concern is still the BIG BADS coming at her and those she love left and right.

Poor girl… she just can never get a moments peace.

Nice vid.
          Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
            Thanks caz but why do we only get one meesly pic when the others have a handful of pics

Oh this new series better not be at the expense of Atlantis or i'll be seriously pissed I won't watch it!
            *pouts* It's a very nice pic

And me neither on SGU!

Watching Croatia gub Germany 2-1
            *shakes head* Gutted! [/sarcasm]

My brother should be landing soon, the airports near where they played that match

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

*pouts* It's a very nice pic

And me neither on SGU!

*shakes head* Gutted! [/sarcasm]

My brother should be landing soon, the airports near where they played that match

I'm sorry caz....I'm really greatful you posted it for me.......I just don't get why there's ever hardly any pics of Teyla when there's usually plenty of pics of the others..

Oh yeah i'm sure your really gutted
              sigpic

Comment

Here they are:
                Uncommon Bond
                Night Phantoms
                Cool! I'll read them later!

Originally posted by outta-orbit View Post
                Hi guys!

Dropping off a video gift.

Took a while for me to make another because my comp. went all wonky and I ended up losing almost everything necessary to make decent videos.
                Anyhow, I ended up getting better software which makes the making of vids even more fun.

OK! This one has loads of Teyla whumping--the emo & physical variety.

Here’s the scenario and video:

Spoiler:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diREaj_9nbk

All Teyla ever wanted was to live as serene a life as possible with her people.
                But it’s proves ridiculously hard when she always has to deal with all the P.G. baddies constantly coming at her and those she love at every angle…at every given moment.

She, obviously as the leader of the Athosians, has had this problem for a while, but she’s more than willing to deal for the sake of her people.
                And then the anything but simple/average John Sheppard comes along and she no longer has to bear the burden of protecting her people alone—especially now that the Wraith are back.

She ends up falling way hard for the Colonel. And she now more than ever wants this life she’s always dreamed of and she wants it with John.
                But having to fight never ending brutal battles, shows Teyla life’s to short and ends up convincing herself that John’s not the man she should be with and turns to someone else—Kanaan.

Teyla believes she’s found what she needs in him. And he does make her happy, but only for a little while. She later realizes that the simple things she’s always wanted in life (Kanaan--for whom she’s now pregnant)are now proving to be the most complicated.

And even though she’s told Kanaan she can’t continue to return his feelings the way he wants, he believes they should stay together anyway. But Teyla can’t continue to live a lie any longer. All she wants now is to rid the galaxy of the Wraith and protect her people from other menacing threats while at John’s side.

In spite of issues with Kanaan, she’s very happy about her baby, but with each passing day she can’t help but find herself wishing more and more that he was John’s.

But that’s the least of Teylas problems. Her first concern is still the BIG BADS coming at her and those she love left and right.

Poor girl… she just can never get a moments peace.

Loved the vid! Awesome job
                *Beautiful sig by Scifan!*

“Because you can.”

--

Comment

I'm sorry caz....I'm really greatful you posted it for me.......I just don't get why there's ever hardly any pics of Teyla when there's usually plenty of pics of the others..
                  Because she gets soooo whumped in each ep that showing pics of her would be to big a spoiler

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Welcome new members!

What's this Jason interview I keep hearing about????
                    I LOVE spoilers!

my ships

Comment

Originally posted by asgard30 View Post
                      lol at first I tghought you speak of Holland of Shep so I didn't understand what you mean lol No in fact it's Pays Bas it means Low country

I agree with you that he acted a lo weird and I thought too that it had to do with Teyla and not Holland but I never thought of this so much. Please will yoiu write it lol

Really pretty you know what you really make me like more and more Ronon and I think I don't find the Ronon Teyla ship so horrible. I think at first I disliked it because I found it forced but now and with the lovely interview from Jason I don't find it so horrible and really I'm warmed (?) a lot more to Ronon. Don't be traumatised I prefer the Sheyla and The McKay Teyla before this one nevertheless... I think lol
                      Ah, I see. Well, it's the only country in the world that in beneath sea level. I know a lot of people who have been head hunted to go work in Holland to study flood control.

Yes! He was acting very strange. As for writing it; I have a looooong list of fics to get to first, but I will add it to the bottom, don't you worry

Re: the Ronon Teyla ship. I just didn't like it because I'm a Sheppard/Teyla fan but I don't find the idea of RononTeyla quite so bad. Nowhere near as bad as Weir/Sheppard.
                      Spoiler:
                      Yeah i know....I'm like WTF Watching this film actually confused me

I mean they weren't just little mistakes...They practically rewrote history so it would fit in with the story...I'm sorry if others liked the movie but i am dead against changing history just for a film...If they are gonna make a film about something significant then they really should get the facts right..

I live not far from Stirling,i can see the Wallace monument from my kitchen window
                      I know. Like how the Americans won both wars, aided by the Portugese leader Winston Hitler against Adolf Asquith
                      don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

Because she gets soooo whumped in each ep that showing pics of her would be to big a spoiler

Ooh i like that reason.....I'm gonna go with that.....until i know otherwise

Originally posted by girlinabox View Post
                        Welcome new members!

What's this Jason interview I keep hearing about????
                        I LOVE spoilers!
                        GNB!!!!!!!!!! *waves* Welcome back

Originally posted by gater101 View Post
                        Ah, I see. Well, it's the only country in the world that in beneath sea level. I know a lot of people who have been head hunted to go work in Holland to study flood control.

Yes! He was acting very strange. As for writing it; I have a looooong list of fics to get to first, but I will add it to the bottom, don't you worry

Re: the Ronon Teyla ship. I just didn't like it because I'm a Sheppard/Teyla fan but I don't find the idea of RononTeyla quite so bad. Nowhere near as bad as Weir/Sheppard.

I know. Like how the Americans won both wars, aided by the Portugese leader Winston Hitler against Adolf Asquith
                        Teyla/Ronon had more of a sibling kinda relationship to me

Oh i know,like how they
                        Spoiler:
                        broke the enigma code but in actual fact it was the English that broke it............Oh wait,did i just compliment the English....... quick gater slap me really hard till you knock some sense into me
                        sigpic

Comment

DAILY VOTING
                          LINKS

Vote for J/T on Sanctuary in the Favorite Ship Episode Picture Game
                          http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...45066&page=231

Pics to follow for use in game:
                          Spoiler:

Vote for John And Teyla Favorite Moment Picture Game
                          http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...=50938&page=20
                          (If one of your favorite J/T moment isn't on the list, simply add it to the list, don't forget to add a pic)

Vote for Favorite Sheppard Episode
                          http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...44977&page=176
                          (If one of your favorite John episode isn't on the list, simply add it to the list)

Vote for Favorite Teyla Episode
                          http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...45133&page=158
                          (If one of your favorite Teyla episode isn't on the list, simply add it to the list)

Vote for Favorite Teyla & John Moment
                          http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...=46140&page=88
                          (If one of your favorite J/T moment isn't on the list, simply add it to the list)

H&H Atlantis Members
                          Give one point to you favorite member, and take away one point for a member you might not like. VOTE ONCE A DAY!!
                          http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...53244&page=157

H&H Atlantis Season 1 Episodes
                          Give one point to your favorite episode, take one point from your least favorite episode. Vote once a day!
                          http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...=53390&page=76

H&H Atlantis Season 2 Episodes
                          Give one point to your favorite episode, take one point from your least favorite episode. Vote once a day!
                          http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...=53470&page=79

H&H Atlantis Season 3 Episodes
                          Common Ground is Season 3 winner!

H&H Atlantis Season 4 Episodes
                          Spoils Of War is Season 4 winner!

Straight Atlantis Ship Pic Game (First to 50)
                          Vote for you favorite pairing, once a day, you can vote up to 3 couples a day if you want, it's a game with first to 50 points. (John & Teyla made into 1st place!)
                          http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...=54183&page=27

Teyla Multishipping Pic Game (First to 50)
                          So there is a new started ship pic game for Teyla..vote up to 3 couples a day if you want. Vote once a day. We made it into 1st place
                          http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...t=55480&page=7

VOTING UPDATE

Well Midway has now made it into the list,,, and can you all believe it ,,Midway is our 28th JT episode on the list...
                          In the Straight Ship Pic Game (First to 50) John & Teyla managed to snag 1st place.. great work JT shippers I'm sure Camy is proud of us
                          We also managed to snag 1st place in the Teyla multishipping game. Awesome work JT shippers

LET THE VOTING BEGIN!!!

RACHEL LUTTRELL OFFICIAL SITE

Check out Rachel's official site.. updated with a little message
                          Keep showing her your support and write her a comment to show our love for her.
                          http://www.rachelluttrell.com/note.asp

JEWEL STAITE OFFICIAL SITE

Check out Jewel's official website for latest news and projects and send Jewel a note if you like to show her your support as well.
                          http://jewelstaite.com/

FIC BATTLE
                          SG_rarepairings LJ community is having a Fic Battle.
                          Would you like to write a little fic for some of the different prompts that has been suggested..
                          Check out the prompts and post the fic at this link as well,, you may give a link to the story over here at GW.
                          http://community.livejournal.com/sg_...tml?mode=reply

JT NEWSLETTER

Go check out the JT Newsletter over at LiveJournal... there you will find intresting things found on JT...
                          Challanges, ficathons, fics, videos, artwork,, and much more..so head on over and check it out.
                          http://community.livejournal.com/jt_...tter/9384.html

BEYA CHALLENGE
                          There is a new challenge on Beya, for more info check this post.
                          http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=72167

JOHN & TEYLA THING-A-THON

Sign up to the John & Teyla Thing-a-thon and do fics, videos, artwork and other things.. for more info check it out on this LJ site.
                          http://community.livejournal.com/joh...tml?mode=reply

A LITTLE SGA SEGMENT ON EXTRA

A short little segment from EXTRA about SGA, they go behind the scenes on Harmony.
                          As usual Joe likes to goof up, telling the guy pretty much he has to fall more manly *lol* then again I don't think anyone really does the falling after being stunned as Joe does...
                          http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WOqGnTN1MIM

HYPASPACE WEEKLY

A little video of some behind the scenes for season 3, interview with David H, Jason M & Joe F and also a little about the action figures.. and yeah David likes to be funny about the Sheppard action figure *lol*
                          http://www.spacecast.com/videoplayer_5027.aspx

JOE FLANIGAN ON EXTRA

The video with Joe on Extra is now up on MGM's site... and as usual he is his charming self and funny... gosh do I love his relaxed style and down to earth personality
                          http://stargate.mgm.com/video.php?id=106

JOE FLANIGAN AT THE VES AWARDS

Check out a red carpet video with Joe Flanigan at the VES Awards where he also was a presenter.
                          http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option...ectlink&id=709

NEWS

*NEW*
                          Read a little bit about Peggy and Linzi's visit on set of Stargate Atlantis and their meeting with Joe and several others of the cast.
                          http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....stcount=114896

Stargate Fan Awards has announced the winners for 2007... go on and check out who won all the different awards
                          http://www.stargatefanawards.com/2007/winners.php

I will take a little moment to say atleast congrats to Camy & Steph & Seldear (Tielan) & also seems like I have to say congrats to myself too...shocking I have to say for winning awards

John & Teyla Awards 2008 has also announced the winners.. go and check it out at this site..
                          http://community.livejournal.com/jt_awards/

So saying congrats to for example: Steph, Ruby, Scifan, Elephantgirl, Spectrum, Sheppynette, Quania, Devine, Seldear, Mayra & seems like I have to say congrats to myself too..which is a shocker for me again
                          Last edited by NinaM; 12 June 2008, 11:13 AM.
                          sigpic
                          Sigs by Scifan

Comment

I thought Jason's interview was very telling. I always saw Ronon/Rodney as having mutual respect for each other. I never saw them as great friends as they really dont have anything in common. This is also how I have always seen Rodney and Teyla, and that's why I could never ever ship them. They are on the same team and care about each other and obviously have a great respect for one another.. but thats it. You can work with someone and like them but that doesnt mean you have to hang out with them or even have much in common with them... Again this is how I always saw Sheppard/Weir.. they really had nothing in common except the running of Atlantis and when they werent discussing Atlantis there was nothing between them. The Return showed this clearly when they were back on earth, weeks went by and they never even contacted one another.

So I found Jasons comments very realistic.... each of their skills bring something unique to the team and they will always be there for each other but I don't see all of them as friends outside their work enviroment. So as much as I love the different kinds of interaction between all of them.. its for this reason that I can ONLY ship John and Teyla..... they are the only pairing I see as having a connection outside their work environment. They have a lot in common, and have a wonderful romantic chemistry. I cannot ship anyone unless they have a good romantic chemistry and I don't see this anywhere except between John and Teyla... Ronon/Teyla have a teasing brother/sister relationship and I love it .. but I just don't see it as romantic.. I love the arkwardness between Rodney and Teyla at times but again I could never ever see them as relationship material.. or Carson/Teyla.

Weir/Sheppard again had the comfortable banter going on in work related issues, but it never went into the personal and I dont think I can remember them ever discussing anything personal. Shep seemed a little uncomfortable around Weir at times and always seemed to use the light hearted banter as a barrier between them.. he never revealed anything of himself to her, or let her get close to him.

So I am pretty much in agreement with Jason on how he sees the relationship between him and Rodney.... Joe always used to say the same about his relationship between him and Weir, that she was his boss and nothing else.
                            Spoiler:
                            I don't blame Jason not being too keen of a 3 way relationship. To me its a bit immature to have Keller falling for both of them, especially when they are such different men.. It gives the impression that Keller hasnt a clue what qualities she wants in a man if she is drawn to two completely differnt types of guys... its one thing to change your opinon of what you want in a guy, maybe after finding out you didnt like the qualities you thought you liked.. but being attracted to two such different personalites at the same time just screams of being totally clueless as to what you are looking for in a relationship...
                            sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

Filesize is pretty big. Don't know why.

sigpic

Comment

Thanks guys for you comments.

LandJrule I sent you a PM.
                                Spoiler:
                                sigpic

Whenever, Where ever, Whatever, I'll risk life and limb when it comes to you.
                                Pretty Sig by Annie Shep.

Comment

Working...
                                X