Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

400 words for 4000 pages, part 3.

Title: Maldivian Sun
    Summary: He hated the sun, he really did.
    Characters: Team Rodney
    Pairing: John/Teyla
    Rating: K

Spoiler:
    He hated the sun, he really did.

It burned his skin and frazzled his thinning hair. The sun block that had been applied earlier in the day was washed away with the sweat the sun’s heat had caused and he was slick and slippery, his hands sliding from his face when he made to swipe at falling beads.

The others didn’t seem to share his problem and both resented and hated them for it. Lying in the direct rays of the sun, Ronon had fallen asleep, dreadlocks clasped behind his head, said head resting on his folded arms. The guy was practically naked; the passing women could not help but ogle him and Rodney growled to himself from his position in the trees.

Teyla had long since given up the sun-bathing act and had waded into the warm glittering seas, her ickle bikini not hiding much from passing men’s imaginations (or Sheppard’s, for that matter). Rodney and Ronon had remained relatively unaffected by her stunning body, although Rodney hadn’t been able to resist a quick up-down of her luxurious skin. That had earned him an ill-veiled glare from Sheppard, at which Rodney smirked.

Sheppard hadn’t lasted long before he’d swam out to Teyla as a passing surfer had stopped to talk to her. Again, Rodney had smirked while Ronon had grunted and turned onto his other side. The Colonel had taken great delights and thumping past Rodney, kicking sand onto the his sticky body to which Rodney had grumbled about devaluing his level of AVA and AVB protection. Sheppard had rolled his eyes and shook his wet hair out all over him.

Rodney hated vacation; always had. And whose idea was it to allow Sheppard to show his team his father’s holiday villa in the Maldives? Didn’t the powers that be at Stargate Command know what that kind of sunlight did to a person’s skin?

He grumbled again and looked around again continuing his mental inventory of his team mates when he realised he’d lost Teyla. Panicked slightly by the thought that she’d sailed off with a surfer, Rodney was shocked further when Sheppard turned slightly and Teyla came into view again.

Wrapped around Sheppard’s waist was two very Teyla like legs, and in Sheppard’s hair was two very Teyla like hands.

“Heh,” he managed before shaking his head and turning away.

Maybe the Sun was good after all.
    don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by TeylaFan View Post
      I left her a message, made me so sad to read that. Thanks for posting sci.

Great artwork Asgard!

Hilarious - loved it!

Great wallies sci - I think you are very good with those!

Aww, super sweet and cute!

Very cute! Awesome job gater!!
      Cute? You sure it was mine you read? I jest.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
        Here's my new fic...

This is based around a particular outfit we have heard about, but no specific spoilers.

Spoiler:
        She was breathtaking beautiful, John thought as the doors to his quarters slid apart revealing Teyla.

Teyla walked in, an uncertain smile on her face. When she stood in front of him, she twirled around slowly. “Do I look alright?” she asked nervously.

His answer was a huge smile and a slow nod.

If someone asked John, he wouldn’t be able to explain why he asked Teyla to come to his room, dressed to the nines. It was almost as if it was a dream. However, he didn’t care if the sight in front of him was a product of his own imagination; it didn‘t make her look any less stunning.

The evening dress was an emerald green, cut low, revealing a tempting look of Teyla’s cleavage. The dress hugged her body, showing off the delicious curves John ached to touch. Her leg peeked out of the provocatively cut slit running up the side. Her four-inch high black heals completed the outfit.

As always, she looked gorgeous as the candlelight from the dresser hit her face. Her hair cascaded around her face in soft curls. John looked at her lips, which looked perfectly kissable to him. Her eyes, which were watching him closely, gave him a glimpse into how she was feeling: nervous but happy to be there.

Color crept on her cheeks. Never had John openly looked at her body. There was something tantalizing about the way he made he feel so womanly with just a single look. After looking at her for a few more seconds, John finally pulled his gaze away.

“You look…incredible,” he said softly, surprising them both. Words of attraction were never shared between them. It was an unspoken rule in their careful dance between friendship and a relationship.

Teyla felt the heat rise in her cheeks. “Thank you,“ she whispered. The sparks of sexual tension snapped in the room.

Teyla finally broke the silence. “Is there something I should be doing?” she wondered, a bit flustered by John’s undivided attention.

“No,” he said, shaking his head slightly, “you’re perfect just the way you are.” John slowly took a step forward and grabbed Teyla’s face, like he had years before. He ran his hand through her hair and kissed her.

After several moments, the kiss ended. He pulled away slightly. “You really should wear this dress more often,” he said before he kissed her again.
        I want to read this but I'm spoiler freeee!

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
          These are great! The icons! The stories! All wonderful!

And as I've only just dipped my toes in on John/Teyla stuff, here is 4 pieces of art for Maff.
          Spoiler:

Happy 4000 pages to us! And I managed to get 1400 posts!
          Great work! And congrats on your milestone!!

Originally posted by gater101 View Post

Spoiler:

It burned his skin and frazzled his thinning hair. The sun block that had been applied earlier in the day was washed away with the sweat the sun’s heat had caused and he was slick and slippery, his hands sliding from his face when he made to swipe at falling beads.

The others didn’t seem to share his problem and both resented and hated them for it. Lying in the direct rays of the sun, Ronon had fallen asleep, dreadlocks clasped behind his head, said head resting on his folded arms. The guy was practically naked; the passing women could not help but ogle him and Rodney growled to himself from his position in the trees.

Teyla had long since given up the sun-bathing act and had waded into the warm glittering seas, her ickle bikini not hiding much from passing men’s imaginations (or Sheppard’s, for that matter). Rodney and Ronon had remained relatively unaffected by her stunning body, although Rodney hadn’t been able to resist a quick up-down of her luxurious skin. That had earned him an ill-veiled glare from Sheppard, at which Rodney smirked.

Sheppard hadn’t lasted long before he’d swam out to Teyla as a passing surfer had stopped to talk to her. Again, Rodney had smirked while Ronon had grunted and turned onto his other side. The Colonel had taken great delights and thumping past Rodney, kicking sand onto the his sticky body to which Rodney had grumbled about devaluing his level of AVA and AVB protection. Sheppard had rolled his eyes and shook his wet hair out all over him.

Rodney hated vacation; always had. And whose idea was it to allow Sheppard to show his team his father’s holiday villa in the Maldives? Didn’t the powers that be at Stargate Command know what that kind of sunlight did to a person’s skin?

He grumbled again and looked around again continuing his mental inventory of his team mates when he realised he’d lost Teyla. Panicked slightly by the thought that she’d sailed off with a surfer, Rodney was shocked further when Sheppard turned slightly and Teyla came into view again.

Wrapped around Sheppard’s waist was two very Teyla like legs, and in Sheppard’s hair was two very Teyla like hands.

Love it The ending is very funny!!
          *Beautiful sig by Scifan!*

“Because you can.”

--

Comment

Cute? You sure it was mine you read? I jest.

Thanks
            Yep, I'm sure. NP.

Heh, my post is number 80008

“Because you can.”

--

Comment

Me too, we'll stay strong together.
              Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Honestly, I think you can safely read this. It gives away zero in terms of any plot that I've read about, which is rather limited.
                sigpic
                Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Padme18 View Post
                  Me too, we'll stay strong together.
                  I really, really tried to stay spoiler free!

But, in my case, Resistance is Futile!!!
                  1-800-Iluv-JandT
                  sig by Sci!

Toll Free..Available 24 HRS...Remember..It can never be too much..

Comment

400 words for 400 pages, part two

Title: California Sands
                    Summary: He loved the ocean; it soothed him with it's gentle swish, swish, swish against the shore.
                    Characters: John
                    Pairing: John/Teyla (if you look really hard )
                    Rating: Mario Kart

Spoiler:
                    The sun dipped low over the horizon, tainting the once blue sky with an amethyst tint. The clouds were lined with gold, the silver, glittering stars stunning him with their beauty.

He took a long breath, seeking to fill his lungs with the scent of the ocean once more, the sand falling from his grasp as he took large handfuls between his fingers.

This was his favourite spot in California. The sun beat mercilessly onto bronzing bodies during the daylight hours but at night, the city seemed to come to life with a different kind of purpose.

He had sought the sands of California for this different beat; he had believed the vibrations would finally tell his heart (and his head) what it was he truly wanted to do. The answer seemed simple, but when he thought about it he couldn’t quite get his head around it, too many different scenarios popping in and out.

He loved the ocean; it soothed him, the waves meeting the shore in a gentle swish, swish, swish. The sea breeze helped cool the heat the day time sun had shamelessly caused.

After spending so long in Antarctica, he felt he was owed some quality warmth. After all, it may be his last.

His mission to find this old City seemed suicidal, maniacal and he wondered whether he needed to call the psyches on the people he’d met not more than a day ago. General O’Neill had given him and ultimatum, one he’d been sure would be easy to fulfil.

But as the day had worn on, it had become more difficult. A journey to another galaxy seemed like an opportunity that couldn’t be missed. And yet, he found himself unable to resolve himself of the fact he may never be coming back. He may never see the faces of his few friends, his ex-wife, his dog ever again. He’d never see a sunset like the one in front of him ever again.

He may not even live ‘til the end of the week.

But there was something there, something coursing through his blood, telling him he had to go. It felt like a calling – it was sure as hell an act of fate that he’d been asked.

There was something waiting for him in Pegasus, he was sure of it.

He just wasn’t sure he man enough to claim it as his own.

Spoiler:

Your on a role, good ones.

sigpic

Comment

More awesome fics MrsB and Laura.

Awesome job TF.

Originally posted by Elflinn View Post
                      Aww. That's great Elf. Can I use that as a header for when I gather all for Maff.

Originally posted by TeylaFan View Post
                      I left her a message, made me so sad to read that. Thanks for posting sci.

Great artwork Asgard!

Hilarious - loved it!

Great wallies sci - I think you are very good with those!

Aww, super sweet and cute!

Very cute! Awesome job gater!!
                      I know. It's so aweful. It still tears me up, thinking about it.
                      Thanks TF.

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                      These are great! The icons! The stories! All wonderful!

And as I've only just dipped my toes in on John/Teyla stuff, here is 4 pieces of art for Maff.

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/g...oneyoulove.png

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/g...oosedicon2.jpg

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/g...risWheels2.png

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/g...lawithLove.png

Happy 4000 pages to us! And I managed to get 1400 posts!
                      Those are all wonderful. I'm sure she'll love it Everlovin.

Congrats to the thread on 80,000 posts!!!!!!!!

Comment

I was going to re-post my fics, but I only have two J/T ones finished. I have to finish the other one.

sigpic

Comment

400 words for 4000 pages, part 4

Title: Antarctic Gales
                          Summary: Ronon had been too cold planets before, but this was something else.
                          Characters: Team Ronon
                          Rating: Mario Kart

Spoiler:
                          The winter sun was more chilling than the snow that was falling around them. Ronon had been to cold planets before but this, this was something else. Satedan winters had never been much cooler than their summers, a light frost touching ground for a few hours before dawn.

He couldn’t believe there were places where three tees, two jumpers, a fleece and a snow jacket could not keep out the cold.

The others were equally as cold (with the exception of maybe Sheppard). Rodney had whined and whined until the chill had turned his voice chords to ice. Teyla had shivered in her not-so-warm cocoon until she’d huddled in on herself and her body had been unable to move. Ronon was still shivering and still grumbling while Sheppard simply sat staring out at the falling snow, his sun shades redundant in the pure sunshine that spilled from the sky.

“You actually used to live in a place like this?” Ronon asked again, watching the puff of air rise on front of his eyes.

Sheppard smiled and nodded, glancing quickly in his direction.

“Yeah.” Ronon grunted and huddled further into himself, letting out a loud groan. “It’s not that bad,” John said amused, quirking the corners of his lips up again.

“Yeah, right.”

“You sound like McKay.”

Ronon glared at him.

“It’s not whining when it’s true,” he retaliated. “Even Teyla wanted to complain.”

John glanced to her again from his sentry post at the entrance to the small cave they’d found for shelter.

“But she didn’t.”

“Didn’t mean she didn’t want to.”

Ronon sighed again and wondered why this only ever happened to their team. The Stargate’s DHD had frozen over years before, the control crystal splitting apart from the coldness. Even Rodney hadn’t been able to fix it.

And so they’d found shelter from the falling spheres of ice in a small – tiny – cave, where the wood had been too wet to light a fire as they waited for Atlantis to contact them when they didn’t check in. He checked his watch; only four more hours until their check in time.

“John?”

He looked up when he heard Teyla’s voice, turning his eyes to Sheppard again.

“Yeah?” Sheppard replied, turning to her.

“I’m cold.”

Sheppard caught Ronon’s eye and held it for a moment.

Sheppard moved towards her, wrapping his arms around her tiny body.

Ronon looked away.

Comment

Aww. That's great Elf. Can I use that as a header for when I gather all for Maff.
                            You sure can!
                            1-800-Iluv-JandT
                            sig by Sci!

Toll Free..Available 24 HRS...Remember..It can never be too much..

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                              Awesome job TF.

I know. It's so aweful. It still tears me up, thinking about it.
                              Thanks TF.
                              Thanks.

Yes, me too.

Managed to make a sig anyway, though it's not very good.

Goodnight everyone!

“Because you can.”

--

Comment

*claps* Great stories, Laura! Girl, you sure write fast!

How's your thing-a-thon going?
                                sigpic
                                Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X