John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gater101 View Post
    I don't agree with this assessment of Teyla. Before Missing, we had no clue really as to her sexual background so we can't really judge. From what we know of Teyla on screen, it would be highly unlikely for her to fall into bed with just anyone. She's waited four years with John. Her people seem to have strong traditions that would seem contradictory if they just fell into bed with one another.

That doth not make for a good community atmosphere.
    Well obviously, from her description of Kanan, she has known him all her life. So she didn't just fall into bed with anyone she went to bed she some she genuinely cares about, something everyone does, but I don't think she loves him in the way she might love someone she would want to spend the rest of her life with....I probably wasn't very clear in my view. We don't know about their sexuality and or their sexual habits but I highly doubt they are a bunch of prudes who don't know sexual gratification.
    Sigs made by EG & Teylafan
    &=AWESOME &Forever
    No SGA fics yet....but ya never know

Comment

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
      But, if...
      Spoiler:
      Carson remained dead (or at least, not been cloned) Mikey wouldn't have been able to use him for his research and Teyla and Kanaan would happily be living together on Athos. So mabye Clone!Carson does work for JT...
      I guess but i just think the ending in Sunday was just perfect and i don't want anything else to take that away...Does that make sense....Now you see why i usually let everyone else explain stuff because i'm useless at it

Originally posted by cabouse18 View Post
      Oh no....I said this week was good but last week was.....
      Spoiler:
      WTF!! HOLY WOW!!!!

Spoiler:
      As I said before this week seemed to drag at times and prolong things in order for them to stretch it out til next season and it definately showed at times. I don't want Kanan to survive not b/c he supposedly poses a threat to our ship but b/c for him to survive would mean TPTB have created a character out of thin air and then placed him a like a chess piece in the middle of already established characters and situations. I would find it more believe to make Halling a more of a permanent character than Kanan. The only reason they would keep Kanan around would be to keep the baby storyline going and let us not forget that the ONLY reason he was created was b/c of RL's pregnancy. His character never would have been manifested if RL wasn't pregnant. So I am hoping that once this current storyline with Michael and the missing Athosians (which is almost done b/c they were rescued) is done then we will be done with Kanan. I really really wouldn't be surprised if Kanan either 1) sacrificed himself at the end of Search and Rescue to save everyone or 2) was still with Michael when the whole ordeal is said and done with and truly showed no signs of his old self but #1 is way more plausible b/c they would still just be dragging it out.

That said....

Spoiler:
      It also wouldn't surprise me if the writers decided to have the happily ever after ending to this storyline and have Kanan rescued and the effects of Michael's experiments reversed. But I think considering Kanan is a plot device...they will make him a martyr....it is a more plausible outcome mainly b/c he was only created to support this storyline.

wow...my hands are cramping!!
      I thought this weeks ep was ok but i thought last weeks ep was holy kanoly

I didn't like last weeks episode, as a whole. There were more JT moments, sure. But I didn't like the episode.
      I liked last weeks ep alot more than this week,taking away the JT moments,it was way more exciting and had alot more action in it plus alot more
      Spoiler:
      Teyla...She is my favourite character after all

This weeks ep didn't seem to have much Teyla in it seeing as she's the one that got kidnapped and the others are supposed to be trying to rescue her....I'd liked to have seen a bit more Michael/Teyla interaction and more than her just getting an ultrasound and a needle stuck in her.....Maybe an explanation of what he was doing to the others that were in the lab too....What was he doing to them...Was that the rest of the Athosians!
      sigpic

Comment

Well obviously, from her description of Kanan, she has known him all her life. So she didn't just fall into bed with anyone she went to bed she some she genuinely cares about, something everyone does, but I don't think she loves him in the way she might love someone she would want to spend the rest of her life with....I probably wasn't very clear in my view. We don't know about their sexuality and or their sexual habits but I highly doubt they are a bunch of prudes who don't know sexual gratification.
        No. I don't agree, I'm sorry. I can't see them going from one person to another. I think it's something sacred to them, that they give to someone they genuinely care about.

But I suppose, it'd be a boring world if we all thought the same!
        don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

No. I don't agree, I'm sorry. I can't see them going from one person to another. I think it's something sacred to them, that they give to someone they genuinely care about.

Exactly, we would have nothing to discuss if we all thought the same and agreed with each other. Hell, give me a few hours of thinking about it and I might even change my mind on my own stance!!
          &=AWESOME &Forever

Comment

It's ok to have differing views just so long as you all remember one thing
            Spoiler:
            I'm always right!!!

heehee,sorry couldn't resist!!!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
              It's ok to have differing views just so long as you all remember one thing
              Spoiler:
              I'm always right!!!

heehee,sorry couldn't resist!!!

BTW we are getting our arses still handed to us in the H&H game.....we are single digits now
              &=AWESOME &Forever

Comment

I guess but i just think the ending in Sunday was just perfect and i don't want anything else to take that away...Does that make sense....Now you see why i usually let everyone else explain stuff because i'm useless at it

I thought this weeks ep was ok but i thought last weeks ep was holy kanoly

I liked last weeks ep alot more than this week,taking away the JT moments,it was way more exciting and had alot more action in it plus alot more
                Spoiler:
                Teyla...She is my favourite character after all

This weeks ep didn't seem to have much Teyla in it seeing as she's the one that got kidnapped and the others are supposed to be trying to rescue her....I'd liked to have seen a bit more Michael/Teyla interaction and more than her just getting an ultrasound and a needle stuck in her.....Maybe an explanation of what he was doing to the others that were in the lab too....What was he doing to them...Was that the rest of the Athosians!
                I thought he was just
                Spoiler:
                turning them into hybrids. And when he said "plenty more where they came from" i thought that meant just a selection of humans... some Athosian, others not.

And yes, I know what you mean about Sunday. It was perfect. It still is because
                Spoiler:
                Carson - our Carson - is still dead.
                It's not really taking away from that, if you know what I mean?

You all know I became dead against
                Spoiler:
                resurrecting Carson. But seeing him onscreen again... It made me miss him. I'm glad this is the way they went with it, rather than have him as Carson on the outside but someone/something else on the inside (like repli!liz, who would have been a different person).

Comment

Yes. They should have left it well alone after Sunday but they didn't and I'm pleased and moved by what they got us. Blue
                  Spoiler:
                  Yes, he is a clone but he believes he's the real Carson Beckett - or he has for the last two years. He's Rodney's best friend and, clone or not, you're going to identify with him. He *is* Carson Beckett... jsut like Thor is Thor even after all of his cloning. He's just in a different body

Spoiler:
                  I just can't see a clone being the same person in a diferent body... I don't believe you can re-create someone.. Sure Rodney looks at Carson and because he sounds and looks like Carson and has his memories then that seems to be enough for him.. but for me I just can't buy into the whole clone thing.. even a clone can not be identical because it cannot see things exactly the way the real Carson saw them.. Carson's concience was not transferred, it was just a replication of his body and his memories, so for he cannot be Carson. But even if he wasn't a clone I just didnt really care.. he seemed out of place and I just couldnt muster up enough interest in him at all. .

Back to Kindred pt 2
                  Spoiler:
                  I agree about the Teyla storyline. I got bored with it. Granted, she's not one of my top three favourite characters so... you know. And no, Michael seemed almost smitten with her, so was a lot less freaky. Again, BlueI dont think Teyla "fell" for Kanan. Even when she was in the cell trying to get through to him, she says "The man I remember" NOT "the man I love." It could be innocuous, but I think it's telling. In BAMSR, she also says "It just happened". I don't think she's in love with him, but she does care about him.

Spoiler:
                  I couldn't again feel sympathic to Teyla either... I dunno .. the whole thing just seems a bit silly this week.. and again I have no interest in how Teyla feels about Kanaan.. but I agree I don't think she really loves him at all and it probably just happened as you say.. but again it always feels exactly what it is , and that is contrived just to explain Rachels pregnancy.

I also don't see her putting her baby in jeopardy, especially after Michael threatened to experiment on him .. so wanting to go and save Kanaan again just seemed out of character .. I don't think she would even do this for John.. why didnt she go with Carson and get some help..she could hear the gunfire and new John and her team were there. what on earth did she think she could do on her own anyway..sigh.. Up until now I thought the whole pregnancy was fairly well handled.. but now its just gone too cheesy and I can pretty much predict how its all going to end.. poor ol Zombie Twitter will break away from Michaels control long enough to save Teyla but get mortally wounded in the meantime.. and the baby will disappear somehow.. I hope

I much prefered last weeks ep.. it was exciting and wonderful but this ep just fell flat for me.. don't really know how else to describe it..
                  sigpic

Comment

I understood you. And I can see where you are coming from. Either way...

Spoiler:
                    In Sunday or the Kindred 2, you can really see the RL friendship between David and Paul. You can totally tell DH enjoyed seeing his buddy again.

So, now that the season is nearly at a close, who is going to be reading (devoted) to spoilers for Season 5?
                    sigpic
                    Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

I thought he was just
                      Spoiler:
                      turning them into hybrids. And when he said "plenty more where they came from" i thought that meant just a selection of humans... some Athosian, others not.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                      resurrecting Carson. But seeing him onscreen again... It made me miss him. I'm glad this is the way they went with it, rather than have him as Carson on the outside but someone/something else on the inside (like repli!liz, who would have been a different person).

Spoiler:
                      Yeah I like the way they dealt with Carson. He isn't a shell with the mind of Carson Beckett he is Carson Beckett. He has emotions and memories etc. I would have been totally disappointed if he was a mindless zombie like Kanan.....although I am not too upset about Kanan being like that
                      &=AWESOME &Forever

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
                        [/spoilers]
                        Spoiler:
                        I just can't see a clone being the same person in a diferent body... I don't believe you can re-create someone.. Sure Rodney looks at Carson and because he sounds and looks like Carson and has his memories then that seems to be enough for him.. but for me I just can't buy into the whole clone thing.. even a clone can not be identical because it cannot see things exactly the way the real Carson saw them.. Carson's concience was not transferred, it was just a replication of his body and his memories, so for he cannot be Carson. But even if he wasn't a clone I just didnt really care.. he seemed out of place and I just couldnt muster up enough interest in him at all. .

Back to Kindred pt 2

Spoiler:
                        I couldn't again feel sympathic to Teyla either... I dunno .. the whole thing just seems a bit silly this week.. and again I have no interest in how Teyla feels about Kanaan.. but I agree I don't think she really loves him at all and it probably just happened as you say.. but again it always feels exactly what it is , and that is contrived just to explain Rachels pregnancy.

I also don't see her putting her baby in jeopardy, especially after Michael threatened to experiment on him .. so wanting to go and save Kanaan again just seemed out of character .. I don't think she would even do this for John.. why didnt she go with Carson and get some help..she could hear the gunfire and new John and her team were there. what on earth did she think she could do on her own anyway..sigh.. Up until now I thought the whole pregnancy was fairly well handled.. but now its just gone too cheesy and I can pretty much predict how its all going to end.. poor ol Zombie Twitter will break away from Michaels control long enough to save Teyla but get mortally wounded in the meantime.. and the baby will disappear somehow.. I hope

I much prefered last weeks ep.. it was exciting and wonderful but this ep just fell flat for me.. don't really know how else to describe it..
                        Yes but you can imagine how she felt.
                        Spoiler:
                        TO her, Carson was dead. So seeing him... I'd be hesitant to go with him!

Comment

BTW we are getting our arses still handed to us in the H&H game.....we are single digits now
                          Yeah well that's to be expected seeing as everyone else is gunning for us!

I thought he was just
                          Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                          I dunno
                          Spoiler:
                          he does like his experiments and he's probably got different experiments on the go so who knows,maybe he had different plans for them *shrugs shoulders* or maybe i'm just being an Eejit!

I do miss Carson,i love Carson and i wanted them to do in a good way,bringing him back but i'm not sure how i feel about Carson clone....But i am glad he's not repli-Carson!
                          sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                            In Sunday or the Kindred 2, you can really see the RL friendship between David and Paul. You can totally tell DH enjoyed seeing his buddy again.

So, now that the season is nearly at a close, who is going to be reading (devoted) to spoilers for Season 5?
                            I'm really going to try and stay spoiler free. I think I may stop coming by the board so often as well until s5 airs... I just don't want it ruined for me. I don't want to have any expectations, you know?

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post

Back to Kindred pt 2

Spoiler:

Ditto

Spoiler:
                              Again, they had her try and go after Kanan for the simple fact of prolonging this until next season otherwise they have nothing to do in the finale and that plainly came across in that scene. Just have Michael escape with her and that is that....we all already knew that was going to happen. And no mother would put the life in their child in danger like although I think she thought she might have been able to get to Kanan and get him to help them but still that is a stretch.
                              &=AWESOME &Forever

Comment

Spoiler:

Oh noooooo.......Not spoilers for S5....Now you all know how hard it is for me to stay away from spoilers!

Yes but you can imagine how she felt.
                                Spoiler:
                                TO her, Carson was dead. So seeing him... I'd be hesitant to go with him!
                                Yeah,did you notice
                                Spoiler:
                                when Carson stepped towards her she backed away....She was like WTF.......She didn't know what to make of it,i think she was maybe thinking is this really Carson or is it another one of Michaels little games!!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X