X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gater101 View Post
    I know ((HUGS))

I feel special

I know what you mean. I commented on your B earlier... I never considered A... You're definitely right though.
    Spoiler:
    She's all "Oh Kanan!" and not even bothering about the others. Hm.

Spoiler:
    Maybe she was scared to ask in case they were like him......but then i guess she would have to know eventually about her people!
    sigpic

Comment

Kindred 2...

Spoiler:
      Total disappointment after last week... it just felt totally flat for me.... Carson just seemed out of place....he really should have stayed dead IMO.. and it's made a mockery of Sunday... I really couldn't muster up any feeling or sympathy for him at all.. not sure why.. was never a big Carson fan.. he was ok but never great.... Paul did a great job acting wise but as I said he still felt just out of place.

And he is a clone..why on earth should I care about a clone.. I hate what this implies.. if I lost someone dear to me .. can someone just make a clone and expect me to feel the same... what about their spirit and their soul.. memories don't make up a person...

This ep just didn't seem to hold my attention... I even started to lose interest in the Teyla story and Michael didnt seem near as menacing this week... Teyla strapped to the bed just seemed a bit too much like a scene out of silly horror movie... um.. and why didnt anyone follow Carson when he went out of the room and found Teyla.... It has been establlished a few times that Teyla's baby is now the most important thing to her.. she admitted this after Spoils of War .. so her wanting to go after Michael and try and save Twitter Zombie boy was totally out of character IMO... I don't think anyone puts anyone before their child... and how on earth did she think she was going to try and save Kanaan when she couldn't even smack Michael.

Again I have no interest in Kannan at all.. but I just can't get over the whole rushed and forced feeling to her relationship to Kanann.. Michael would have been the perfect means to explain the child but the writers stuck to the forced cheesy scenario of Teyla suddenly falling for someone and having a secret relationship with him, shortly after admitting to caring for John. I couldnt really get into the whole Carson is alive, but a clone thing and Teyla acting out of character to fit this silly relationship didnt interest me at all. Maybe I'll like this ep more on second viewing..
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
        Well we all miss you,even us that can't do beautiful artwork like the others
        How about a vid? Are you working on any?

And thank you.

Comment

I know ((HUGS))

I feel special

I know what you mean. I commented on your B earlier... I never considered A... You're definitely right though.
          Spoiler:
          She's all "Oh Kanan!" and not even bothering about the others. Hm.
          thanks for my hug!!!
          bbl guys
          Spoiler:
          Maffieg

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
            Kindred 2...

Spoiler:
            Total disappointment after last week... it just felt totally flat for me.... Carson just seemed out of place....he really should have stayed dead IMO.. and it's made a mockery of Sunday... I really couldn't muster up any feeling or sympathy for him at all.. not sure why.. was never a big Carson fan.. he was ok but never great.... Paul did a great job acting wise but as I said he still felt just out of place.

And he is a clone..why on earth should I care about a clone.. I hate what this implies.. if I lost someone dear to me .. can someone just make a clone and expect me to feel the same... what about their spirit and their soul.. memories don't make up a person...

This ep just didn't seem to hold my attention... I even started to lose interest in the Teyla story and Michael didnt seem near as menacing this week... Teyla strapped to the bed just seemed a bit too much like a scene out of silly horror movie... um.. and why didnt anyone follow Carson when he went out of the room and found Teyla.... It has been establlished a few times that Teyla's baby is now the most important thing to her.. she admitted this after Spoils of War .. so her wanting to go after Michael and try and save Twitter Zombie boy was totally out of character IMO... I don't think anyone puts anyone before their child... and how on earth did she think she was going to try and save Kanaan when she couldn't even smack Michael.

Again I have no interest in Kannan at all.. but I just can't get over the whole rushed and forced feeling to her relationship to Kanann.. Michael would have been the perfect means to explain the child but the writers stuck to the forced cheesy scenario of Teyla suddenly falling for someone and having a secret relationship with him, shortly after admitting to caring for John. I couldnt really get into the whole Carson is alive, but a clone thing and Teyla acting out of character to fit this silly relationship didnt interest me at all. Maybe I'll like this ep more on second viewing..
            Phew,i thought i was the only one that wasn't all that impressed with this ep...Last weeks ep was a whole lot better IMO!!
            Spoiler:
            And i didn't really get all that emotional with it,not that i get very emotional anyway (us Scots aren't generally emotional you know)...It takes a whole lot to get me really going...Not even with the Carson scenes got me emotional and i love Carson but i agree...They should have left it alone,it was perfect what happened in Sunday,so poignant,they should have left it that way...Plus i thought we would have got a bit more Teyla but we didn't see her all that much.....One thing i am glad about this is we get to see Halling,i like him and i don't think we see him or the Athosians enough...IMHO!!

Originally posted by scifan View Post
            How about a vid? Are you working on any?

And thank you.
            I'm working on a Teyla vid with the song she sang in Critical mass but it's slow going....I find scenes then think,nope that doesn't look right!
            sigpic

Comment

*nearly slipps in Lindas tears* Somebody get a mop please *hugs Linda*
              guys the story I'm writing in response to Kindred 1 & 2
              Spoiler:
              is coming along well, only thing being that Benjamien Hartmann does not wanna to believe his cousin is alive and well and needs his help. I dunno weither or not to give John the same visions that Teyla had in part one. but instead of Canoe it is Teyla he sees!

also a question...
              Spoiler:
              What the HELL happened to Halling?! For a second I didn't think it was him!

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
              "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
              "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Teyilia View Post
                *nearly slipps in Lindas tears* Somebody get a mop please *hugs Linda*
                guys the story I'm writing in response to Kindred 1 & 2
                Spoiler:
                is coming along well, only thing being that Benjamien Hartmann does not wanna to believe his cousin is alive and well and needs his help. I dunno weither or not to give John the same visions that Teyla had in part one. but instead of Canoe it is Teyla he sees!

also a question...
                Spoiler:
                What the HELL happened to Halling?! For a second I didn't think it was him!
                Spoiler:
                hehe,yeah he's had a garibaldi!!!
                sigpic

Comment

Phew,i thought i was the only one that wasn't all that impressed with this ep...Last weeks ep was a whole lot better IMO!!
                  Spoiler:
                  And i didn't really get all that emotional with it,not that i get very emotional anyway (us Scots aren't generally emotional you know)...It takes a whole lot to get me really going...Not even with the Carson scenes got me emotional and i love Carson but i agree...They should have left it alone,it was perfect what happened in Sunday,so poignant,they should have left it that way...Plus i thought we would have got a bit more Teyla but we didn't see her all that much.....One thing i am glad about this is we get to see Halling,i like him and i don't think we see him or the Athosians enough...IMHO!!
                  But, if...
                  Spoiler:
                  Carson remained dead (or at least, not been cloned) Mikey wouldn't have been able to use him for his research and Teyla and Kanaan would happily be living together on Athos. So mabye Clone!Carson does work for JT...
                  sigpic
                  Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Spoiler:

I'm working on a Teyla vid with the song she sang in Critical mass but it's slow going....I find scenes then think,nope that doesn't look right!
                    Yes. They should have left it well alone after Sunday but they didn't and I'm pleased and moved by what they got us. Blue
                    Spoiler:
                    Yes, he is a clone but he believes he's the real Carson Beckett - or he has for the last two years. He's Rodney's best friend and, clone or not, you're going to identify with him. He *is* Carson Beckett... jsut like Thor is Thor even after all of his cloning. He's just in a different body.

Ha. I must be the one to make up for all the Scots who aren't emotional... I wept like a baby seal when I watched this. Even thinking of it, I still do!
                    Just watching Kindred 1 on SkyTwo... the scene with the "it's a symbol of admiration" came on. Heh. Married couple - and I mean Rodney and Ronon The grin/smirk on Ronon's face is fab.

Back to Kindred pt 2
                    Spoiler:
                    I agree about the Teyla storyline. I got bored with it. Granted, she's not one of my top three favourite characters so... you know. And no, Michael seemed almost smitten with her, so was a lot less freaky.
                    Again, Blue
                    Spoiler:
                    I dont think Teyla "fell" for Kanan. Even when she was in the cell trying to get through to him, she says "The man I remember" NOT "the man I love." It could be innocuous, but I think it's telling. In BAMSR, she also says "It just happened". I don't think she's in love with him, but she does care about him.
                    don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
                      But, if...
                      Spoiler:
                      Carson remained dead (or at least, not been cloned) Mikey wouldn't have been able to use him for his research and Teyla and Kanaan would happily be living together on Athos. So mabye Clone!Carson does work for JT...
                      Good point!

*tosses .02 in your upturned hat*

NOT that I'm saying you're a beggar or anything... Sorry.

Comment

Spoiler:

Oh no....I said this week was good but last week was.....
                        Spoiler:
                        WTF!! HOLY WOW!!!!

Spoiler:
                        As I said before this week seemed to drag at times and prolong things in order for them to stretch it out til next season and it definately showed at times. I don't want Kanan to survive not b/c he supposedly poses a threat to our ship but b/c for him to survive would mean TPTB have created a character out of thin air and then placed him a like a chess piece in the middle of already established characters and situations. I would find it more believe to make Halling a more of a permanent character than Kanan. The only reason they would keep Kanan around would be to keep the baby storyline going and let us not forget that the ONLY reason he was created was b/c of RL's pregnancy. His character never would have been manifested if RL wasn't pregnant. So I am hoping that once this current storyline with Michael and the missing Athosians (which is almost done b/c they were rescued) is done then we will be done with Kanan. I really really wouldn't be surprised if Kanan either 1) sacrificed himself at the end of Search and Rescue to save everyone or 2) was still with Michael when the whole ordeal is said and done with and truly showed no signs of his old self but #1 is way more plausible b/c they would still just be dragging it out.

That said....

Spoiler:
                        It also wouldn't surprise me if the writers decided to have the happily ever after ending to this storyline and have Kanan rescued and the effects of Michael's experiments reversed. But I think considering Kanan is a plot device...they will make him a martyr....it is a more plausible outcome mainly b/c he was only created to support this storyline.

wow...my hands are cramping!!
                        Sigs made by EG & Teylafan
                        &=AWESOME &Forever
                        No SGA fics yet....but ya never know

Comment

Good point!

*tosses .02 in your upturned hat*

NOT that I'm saying you're a beggar or anything... Sorry.
                          LOL, I didn't take it that way. Don't worry, sweetie!

Hey, if I could paid for every post I made, I'd be rolling in the dough LOL
                          sigpic
                          Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Yes. They should have left it well alone after Sunday but they didn't and I'm pleased and moved by what they got us. Blue
                            Spoiler:
                            Yes, he is a clone but he believes he's the real Carson Beckett - or he has for the last two years. He's Rodney's best friend and, clone or not, you're going to identify with him. He *is* Carson Beckett... jsut like Thor is Thor even after all of his cloning. He's just in a different body.

Ha. I must be the one to make up for all the Scots who aren't emotional... I wept like a baby seal when I watched this. Even thinking of it, I still do!
                            Just watching Kindred 1 on SkyTwo... the scene with the "it's a symbol of admiration" came on. Heh. Married couple - and I mean Rodney and Ronon The grin/smirk on Ronon's face is fab.

Back to Kindred pt 2
                            Spoiler:
                            I agree about the Teyla storyline. I got bored with it. Granted, she's not one of my top three favourite characters so... you know. And no, Michael seemed almost smitten with her, so was a lot less freaky.
                            Again, Blue
                            Spoiler:
                            I dont think Teyla "fell" for Kanan. Even when she was in the cell trying to get through to him, she says "The man I remember" NOT "the man I love." It could be innocuous, but I think it's telling. In BAMSR, she also says "It just happened". I don't think she's in love with him, but she does care about him.
                            Spoiler:
                            Yeah she 'cares' about him she doesn't love him. What brought the two of them together was their 'gift' and the fact that they have been friends for such a long time. something tells me that the Athosians are not very shy about their sexuality and expressing that sexuality....so for them to comfort each other or get together was probably natural. I mean Teyla is no nun and everyone once in a while needs to get some.... The two of them probably saw it as a natural progression of their affections for one another to have sex....you ever have a best friend that something like that happens? You have a lot in common and care about eachother but you don't necessarily have romantic feelings for each other but figure what the hell, we are close, we care about each other etc so you take it to that level....that is how I feel what Kanan and Teyla are all about. Teyla has often said that she cares and admires him but the reason she wants to find him is b/c they are close freinds but the main reason is b/c she doesn't want the kid to grow up without a father. as she reminds us every chance she gets when she either talks about the kid or Kanan.
                            Last edited by cabouse18; 01 March 2008, 12:37 PM.
                            Sigs made by EG & Teylafan
                            &=AWESOME &Forever
                            No SGA fics yet....but ya never know

Comment

I didn't like last weeks episode, as a whole. There were more JT moments, sure. But I didn't like the episode.

Comment

Originally posted by cabouse18 View Post
                                Spoiler:
                                Yeah she 'cares' about him she doesn't love him. What brought the two of them together was their 'gift' and the fact that they have been friends for such a long time. something tells me that the Athosians are not very shy about their sexuality and expressing that sexuality....so for them to comfort each other or get together was probably natural. I mean Teyla is no nun and everyone once in a while needs to get some.... The two of them probably saw it as a natural progression of their affections for one another to have sex....you ever have a best friend that something like that happens?
                                I don't agree with this assessment of Teyla. Before Missing, we had no clue really as to her sexual background so we can't really judge. From what we know of Teyla on screen, it would be highly unlikely for her to fall into bed with just anyone. She's waited four years with John. Her people seem to have strong traditions that would seem contradictory if they just fell into bed with one another.

That doth not make for a good community atmosphere.

Comment

Working...
                                X