John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gater101 View Post
    I'm glad you're all okay I was worried about yas!

You know how I was saying we had mad weather up here for weeks there? Blazing sunshine today... only in Scotland, cause we're "pure dead brilliant" (read, puh-yoor dead burw-yant). *shudders*

Good afternoon all. Hope we're fairing well. Just popped over to the H&H game and I know we talked about this before but... weren't we winning at one point? Even that pretend ship, Laura and Carson is beating us.

Lol.
    It's very sunny here as well, actually. It's a lovely day.

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
    Please don't die but

I'm in England! York actually so not too far away from epicentre. I was still awake when it happened and even though I've never experience an earthquake before I knew immediately what it was. My only thought was please don't let the house fall down! The whole house was shaking and there was a really loud rumbling which sounded like a strong wind and it had been windy in the day so that was plausable.

We don't usually get quakes cos we are nowhere near any plate boudaries or major fault lines but there are minor fault lines all over all plates so the tension can theoretically build up everywhere. (okay I'll stop now before I go too much into A level geography, plate techtonics was my favourite part ). There was a quake last year that wasn't very high on the richter scale, bout 3 I think whereas I've heard this one was 5.3. Anyway the one last year did a lot more damage, so far I've only heard of one person in Barnsley (which is near where my parents live) that has been hurt and there isn't too much damage. Everyones talking about it though cos it was so unexpected.

My cousins live in Lincoln where the epicentre was!

That ep was amazing, one of my favourite WW eps, and I was devasted for CJ when they killed Mark Harmon!

Re: TLM

Spoiler:
    I said in the whump thread after Linzi posted that I love those kind of spoilers where you know there's something good but don't know what. And it does sound as though its cliffie but then the spoilers for S&R barely mention it at all so

West Wing
    Spoiler:
    And she's crying on the bench in Time Square and Rufus Wainright's 'Halleluiah' is playing and at the same moment Bartlet is ordering Sharif's plane to be shot down while the opera is still going on... and WOW!!

Okay, yes, I am obsessed with the West Wing as well.
    sigpic

Thanks to YappiChick for the lovely sig

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
      Please don't die but
      I'm glad my death is so humourous to you Lol. I jest.

I might have been a wee bit excited last night
      don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by Mayra View Post
        Got the TV Guide today and read it!!!...AH!!!
        Spoiler:
        what are the writers going to do to our Shep in TLM!!!!. I'm sure they are going to give him a huge Whump...which i'm sure will make a very happy Elfie!
        Oooo. Whump would be good, but AU would be so much better.

Originally posted by DONNA BOOTH View Post
        we definatley felt it where we are Bradley broke his arm as the house shook and the poor thing fell out of bed
        Oh no!!. Give him a big hug from Auntie Lea.

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
        Well I never expected to experience an EARTHQUAKE in little old England!!!

It woke me up in the middle of the night... my bed was shaking and the whole floor vibrating... I thought I was in the middle of some weird dream...

Well considering I was half asleep and I vaguely remember thinking.. earthquake ... nah it can't be..... then I was fully awake and it was all silent again... very weird.. I really thought I had imagined it until I heard it on the news !!

So Good Morning JT'ers how is everyone....

I would just like to thank all the JT'ers for the fantastic support in the H&H game. Everyone has made a fantastic effort and played fairly.. but we all knew it would be a loosing battle with everyone and their friends trying to knock us out.... and the whole thing has become a bit of a sham now and rules being thrown out the window..but if some are that desparate to win, thats up to them.
        But we're still hanging in there so lets keep the support going and we will at least go down fighting...

Kindred 2 coming soon ... and the Last Man ending seems like its going to blow our socks off... only a few more days to go..
        That's got to be so freaky . I'm glad you're ok.

Originally posted by SheylaRand View Post
        Okay, so apparently that earthquake I felt last night shook up more than my house. I went to vote for John/Teyla in the H&H game and was shocked by how far we had fallen. Sometimes I wonder where people get the idea that John and Elizabeth have a thing going, sorry I just don't see it. All I see is two people who care for each other as friends, family, and co-workers. Nothing more, besides they don't have the intense scenes that J/T do. Just saying is all.

Hope all of my fellow UK residents made it okay last night.
        I'm glad you're ok SR.
        I know it's crazy, but if you think about it. It would only take about 10 JE votes to make us 20 points behind. So, it happens so quickly.

And I don't see it either. I mean especially now..
        Spoiler:
        the Character isn't there anymore. As long as Torri doesn't want to do it.

Originally posted by MrsB108 View Post
        JM BLOG UPDATE

Spoiler:
        Jason writes: “Just wondering how many episodes Paul will be writing this season? It seems like his writing contribution has decreased some though I am sure he is busy with production matters or running the Oakland A’s and I continue to swear that he is a dead ringer for their General Manager Billy Beane.”

Answer: Paul is in the process of prepping his script, The Seed, which will be episode #2. Paul writes less originals because he handles all of the major rewrites. Between those, his general production duties, and running the Oakland A’s, he is incredibly busy.

On the positive side, Act’s IV and V practically write themselves.

I took time off from the script yesterday to sit through some wraith auditions, enjoying a wide variety of nuanced performances covering everything from underwhelmingly somniferous to theatrically alarming. One enterprising young man even brought along his own cape for added effect. I sat back, relatively impassive, nodding occasionally throughout, piping up only at the end of each audition to offer a congratulatory “Great!” before redirecting my attention to the comment sheet the casting director had helpfully provided. “Controlled and confident,”I wrote next to one candidate - adding “Slight lisp?”. I’m thinking something like this might undermine a life-sucking alien’s terrifying onscreen persona: “Yeth, foolith human, your very life ith…What’s tho funny? Thtop that. Thtop it! I’m going to thuck your life! Theriously, knock it off!”

I’m often fascinated by some of the bolder decisions actors make when auditioning. Like the guy who came in a couple of years ago and read for the part of an alien…and did it with a French accent. Or the guy who came in yesterday and delivered an interpretation so spot on, so captivating in its unbridled audacity, that I vowed right then and there I would hire him - the second we write a part for a crackhead wraith.

Casting wraith is tough. Too arch and over the top and you risk being cheesy. Too subdued and you risk putting everyone to sleep. Still, there were some very talented actors who came in yesterday and, I’m happy to report, one who caught our eye as having the potential to really suck this year (and by “suck”, I mean “suck the life force from his helpless victims” because that’s what successful wraiths do).
        Thanks MrsB.

Originally posted by ruby_caspar View Post
        HA HA I know!! For me, I was still awake, and it felt like someone was under my bed and pushing up my mattress. I was completely freaked out and thought something was in my room, but then it stopped after a few seconds, and I just decided a spring in my mattress must have given out or something - I mean, in England, your first thought in those situations really isn't 'earthquake'. I didn't know that's what it was until I woke up.

Anyway, re the H&H game - OUCH!!

Lol.
        I think I'd be scared out of my wits.

Comment

Quick drabble-esque type thingy.

Title: Blood and Gold
          Characters: John [Teyla]
          Pairing: John/Teyla

Spoiler:
          Blood and gold. It was a strange combination that John would never have found appealing before, let alone as stunningly beautiful as the sight before him. He’d seen sunsets, and sunrises where the two colours had blended together on the horizon, far out of reach of the tendrils of his city. He’d seen the walls of his city painted blood and gold as the plumes of light struck at angles and danced across walls and he was always mesmerised.

But none of it compared; not to this.

The beat of his heart was loud thud and it didn’t matter that he’d done this before – this was different. This was Teyla; this was her dress in blood and gold, a perfect mirage of the Lantean sunset that glinted off the waters far below.

She smiled as she stopped beside him and when he placed the gold band on her ring finger some time later he smiled up to her, her face bathed in the warm hues of sunset.

Yes, John nodded. He really did like blood and gold.

Comment

Title: Breathing in Death
            Summary: He's so very glad it's not her.
            Pairing: John and Teyla

Spoiler:
            Death is inevitable, he knows this. He’s experienced it, all too recently. He knows that everyone one day will die. He’s just not ready for it to be her and as he sits beside her bed, listening to the steady sound of her breathing, he realises just how close she’d come this time. He closes his eyes as his hand wanders to hers, lying lifeless by her side. He doesn’t like seeing her like this but he has to reassure himself that she – unlike so many – was alive, that she’d made it while others – of her people and his – were not.

He doesn’t think she’ll mind if she wakes up and he’s there; it’s not the first time and it certainly won’t be the last. He listens contentedly to the rhythmic sound of her shallow breaths and finds himself thanking God that she’s okay.

She’d come too close this time. He can’t bring himself to leave her until he knows that she’s okay. He’s so glad that this time, it wasn’t her.

Comment

Spoiler:

Author's Links

Anlaria Onyx aka Agrabah's Princess

Camy aka Cielito

Crescere

DevineM27

Doxymom

Gator101

Hope24 aka Fox66

JT4Life

jtjaforever

Landjrule

MrsB108

Padme18

Ruby Caspar

Sanssong

Scifan

Seldear aka Tielan

SheylaFreak aka Camerine

Teal'c206 aka Jack O'Neal2006

Teyilia aka Autumnstarr

TeylaFan

Winged Pegasus

YappiChick

Find More JT Fanfics On These Sites:

Beya

JT Convergence

Unique Bond

Author's Fanfics Daily/Weekly Post Links

Round Robin Fic #2 Parts 1-11

Gator101:

Tainted Survival (chapter 3 updated) (Mature readers only),

Tears and Rain

Blood and Gold

Breathing in Death

Five Ways John Confesses His Feelings For Teyla

Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4
              Part 5

Dichotomy of the Stolen Kiss

Hope24

Just Dessert to Taste

Bittersweet

JT4Life

Love in the Time of Football

RubyCaspar

Angst Ficlet

Scifan

Forced Admission

Our Time
              Chapter 1-4 Chapter 5 Chapter 6

Comfort

Lollipop Madness

TeylaFan:

100 Kisses Challenge #1, #6
              Trio

Teyilia:

Day at the Bar

YappiChick

Hunger Pains: Cotton Candy

Fanfic Chapter Updates

Anlaria Onyx aka Agrabah's Princess-Ancient Baby Maker
              Chapter 18 Impala in the Park

LandJrule Betrayal: Chapter 6

TeyiliaThe Ascension War Part 2 New Birth Mature Readers Only

DevineM27 -The Enemy Within Part 2, Chapter 1: Relationships

Teal'c2006
              SGA- A Rip In Time Chapter 3
              Mature Readers Only

Cold Shower Alert!!!
              Warning: Mature Readers ONLY!

Gator101 Promises to Return

RubyCaspar Pretend

Fic Recs

By Gator 101
              page 1, page 2, page 3, page 4
              By Gator 101

Non-JT stories and sites:

Find SGA and SG-1 fics @ Heliopolis
              I didn't see any JT, but it might have other good stories.

Teyilia: Hidden Glass Spares No Feet. Mature Readers Only

Birthday Fics

Anlaria's gifts:

TeylaFan's fic

Scifan's fic

Scifan's gifts:

YappiChick's fic

If I missed anything Please PM me. And try to send me your post link to my PM. Click on the number on your post, then copy and paste the web address.
              Last edited by scifan; 27 February 2008, 04:54 AM.

Comment

Quick drabble-esque type thingy.

Title: Blood and Gold
                Pairing: John/Teyla

Spoiler:
                Blood and gold. It was a strange combination that John would never have found appealing before, let alone as stunningly beautiful as the sight before him. He’d seen sunsets, and sunrises where the two colours had blended together on the horizon, far out of reach of the tendrils of his city. He’d seen the walls of his city painted blood and gold as the plumes of light struck at angles and danced across walls and he was always mesmerised.

But none of it compared; not to this.

The beat of his heart was loud thud and it didn’t matter that he’d done this before – this was different. This was Teyla; this was her dress in blood and gold, a perfect mirage of the Lantean sunset that glinted off the waters far below.

She smiled as she stopped beside him and when he placed the gold band on her ring finger some time later he smiled up to her, her face bathed in the warm hues of sunset.

Yes, John nodded. He really did like blood and gold.
                Title: Breathing in Death
                Summary: He's so very glad it's not her.
                Pairing: John and Teyla

Spoiler:
                Death is inevitable, he knows this. He’s experienced it, all too recently. He knows that everyone one day will die. He’s just not ready for it to be her and as he sits beside her bed, listening to the steady sound of her breathing, he realises just how close she’d come this time. He closes his eyes as his hand wanders to hers, lying lifeless by her side. He doesn’t like seeing her like this but he has to reassure himself that she – unlike so many – was alive, that she’d made it while others – of her people and his – were not.

He doesn’t think she’ll mind if she wakes up and he’s there; it’s not the first time and it certainly won’t be the last. He listens contentedly to the rhythmic sound of her shallow breaths and finds himself thanking God that she’s okay.

She’d come too close this time. He can’t bring himself to leave her until he knows that she’s okay. He’s so glad that this time, it wasn’t her.
                Nice job on Both Laura. Already updated them to the Fic Link.

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                  Nice job on Both Laura. Already updated them to the Fic Link.
                  Thanks hun. They're actually meant to be POTC drabble challenges... and I had intended to write POTC responses... then the Sheppard angst wanted out again and I couldn't resist!

Comment

Thanks hun. They're actually meant to be POTC drabble challenges... and I had intended to write POTC responses... then the Sheppard angst wanted out again and I couldn't resist!
                    What's POTC?

Ok writers. I'm trying to write a ficlet for Maff, but I don't know if this litte phrase sounds right. So, can anyone give me help. Thanks.

Spoiler:
                    A volley of weapons fire...(It just seems off to me. Maybe it's just me.)

Comment

What's POTC?

Ok writers. I'm trying to write a ficlet for Maff, but I don't know if this litte phrase sounds right. So, can anyone give me help. Thanks.

Spoiler:
                      Pirates of the Caribbean.

Hmmm sounds okay...

Comment

What's POTC?

Spoiler:

OT~
                        Spoiler:
                        Pirates of the Carribean

Ruby will know best, but I think the phrase is fine dude!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsB108 View Post
                          OT~
                          Spoiler:
                          Pirates of the Carribean

Ruby will know best, but I think the phrase is fine dude!
                          Doh! I got it now Laura and MrsB and thanks for both things.

Comment

G'Mornin' Y'all!

It's so good to see that all my family in the UK survived the quake!

Donna~ ((((HUGS))) to Bradley! I really hope his arm heals fast so he will not have to go through alot of pain!!

I am really so relieved that none of you got seriously hurt or your homes were not damaged!!

Oh and by the way: Is it Friday yet!!!

I am beside myself with all this anticipation for K2 and SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
                            TLM!!!!! I am so ready for really good Sheppy angst and WHUMP!!!!!! More! More! For I fear, that once TLM airs, I will not know what to do with myself for SGA withdrawals!! I pray we do not have to wait forever for S5!

PLEASE!!!! Do not revert back!! NO 7 month wait!!! I beg you Scifi!!! BE REASONABLE!

CONGRATS TO EVERY LAST MILESTONE EVERYONE HAS HAD!!

I am so loving all of the artwork and fics going on up in this place!!! It's keeping me motivated!! Seriously!! I have to have fic! It sustains me!!
                            1-800-Iluv-JandT
                            sig by Sci!

Toll Free..Available 24 HRS...Remember..It can never be too much..

Comment

Just watched Home. LOL. J&T are so flirting. I wonder what it was that gave John's fantasy land away... .something Teyla related? Heh.

Comment

Originally posted by Elflinn View Post
                                G'Mornin' Y'all!

It's so good to see that all my family in the UK survived the quake!

Donna~ ((((HUGS))) to Bradley! I really hope his arm heals fast so he will not have to go through alot of pain!!

I am really so relieved that none of you got seriously hurt or your homes were not damaged!!

Oh and by the way: Is it Friday yet!!!

I am beside myself with all this anticipation for K2 and SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
                                TLM!!!!! I am so ready for really good Sheppy angst and WHUMP!!!!!! More! More! For I fear, that once TLM airs, I will not know what to do with myself for SGA withdrawals!! I pray we do not have to wait forever for S5!

PLEASE!!!! Do not revert back!! NO 7 month wait!!! I beg you Scifi!!! BE REASONABLE!

CONGRATS TO EVERY LAST MILESTONE EVERYONE HAS HAD!!

I am so loving all of the artwork and fics going on up in this place!!! It's keeping me motivated!! Seriously!! I have to have fic! It sustains me!!

Hey Elf.
                                How are you doing?
                                I'll try to catch you on IM later...
                                Spoiler:
                                I have a last minute babysitting job for a few hours.

When I'm done, I'll finish Maff's Birthday fic.

BBL

Here's an idea for a ending for TLM.
                                Spoiler:
                                John steps through the gate to see a happy and still pregnant Teyla. Her face glows when she sees him. She wraps her arms around him, then gently grab his face and gives him a loving kiss.
                                Teyla-"I was worried that you would'nt be back for our son's birth."
                                John stands there in shock.
                                Fades to Black.

I know that will never happen, but one can dream!!

Comment

Working...
                                X