No announcement yet.

John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come on in on-lookers and join the fun!!!

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post

oooohhhh, Scifan...I love that new sig of yours with John and Teyla in the middle from the S4 caps...NICE!!!!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Camy View Post
        oooohhhh, Scifan...I love that new sig of yours with John and Teyla in the middle from the S4 caps...NICE!!!!
        Thanks Camy.
        I can't wait to get more JT caps from S4. I'm sure it will be soon.

Comment

Spoiler:
          Goodnight all. I'll see you in about 7 hrs.

Last edited by scifan; 30 September 2007, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NinaM View Post
            Thank you Nina!!!...those pics look awesome!!!...can't wait to see the episode!.
            sigpic

Sig by Camy

Comment

Originally posted by Camy View Post
              I"ll start working on it now, or maybe I'll wait till I get good caps from S4. Not a problem, sweetie. yeah, nowadays, you sort of have to PM me! LOL
              Thank you Camy!!!!. Don't worry, no rush, i'm barely at 700+ posts so i still have a while to go but i'm just happy that you'll make one for me!. I'll make sure to PM you as well, thanks for the reminder
              sigpic

Sig by Camy

Comment

Originally posted by LoveConquers View Post
                VERY well put, Camy!! I saw exactly the same thing.

Spoiler:
                And yes, while Carter is talking, we see John sitting on his bed in his room and Teyla sitting on her bed in her room, both deep in thought. Then we see John again, standing up to go talk to Teyla, and Teyla being a step ahead of him and already at his door. It is a very clear lead in to the hug as we do not see Ronon, Rodney, or anyone else while Carter is talking, only John and Teyla. At this point in the episode, the dreams and the consequences have had the greatest impact on them. (Not counting Kate of course here since she's dead at this point in the ep). Teyla fighting to still see John as who he really is and then losing her friend indirectly because of John. And John feeling the weight of guilt and failure and blaming himself, even though he obviously wasn't to blame. On a side note, I was glad to see they made a point to show Keller also being drawn to the crystal just like John was. It shows that it could have happened to anyone. And while John knows this logically, emotionally, he is struggling to deal with it, as is Teyla at first. The others dreams didn't have this kind of an impact on their relationship with John. So it is very fitting that they show both of them thinking about the other and then both of them coming together and sharing comfort. I LOVE that the writers used this ep as a test of their relationship and ultimately bringing them closer together.

To answer EC's question, I see the hug as being comfort on both sides. Teyla went to him seeking comfort. Her tears and clenched fingers show that. But she also went to him showing absolution, giving him comfort in return to ease his guilt and pain. I don't think she went there planning to hug him. It happened naturally after his words. I think they touched her, showing her John's feelings and vulnerability in all this for the first time. She recognized that shared pain and went into his arms. John is at first surprised, hesitant, wracked with guilt and pain. His creased forehead shows him fighting powerful emotion as we've only seen that look from him a few other times.

Am I over analyzing? Of course! But that's what we shippers do! It all sounds like over analyzing, but really it's very simple. They are both suffering and they both recognize the impact it had on their relationship with each other. This hug repairs and reconnects them. Whether people want to believe it's friendship or more, that much is obvious at least.
                Please analize away Steph!!! i love everyone breaking down what all those scene meant!. Everyone has some very interesting points and ideas of what
                Spoiler:
                the hug meant, Ronon and Kate's comments, Teylas reactions, l love reading about them and it helps me get a better idea of what happened in the episode!.

Thanks everyone, you guys have definitely lifted my spirits from the news a couple of day's ago!.
                Spoiler:
                I still don't get how with all these great moments between john and Teyla and getting Teylas POV about how she may really feel about John, there could possibly be a love interest or how he fits into Teylas feelings. Ah well, time will tell as we get closer to Missing probably. All i know is the writers better have a good explination as to why Teyla slept with another guy if she has feeling for John.
                sigpic

Sig by Camy

Comment

Second page people - what's going on?!?! I leave you for a couple of days... honestly...

Anywho, I finally watched Adrift last night -

Spoiler:
                  I loved this ep - an amazing opening to the season! I have lots to say about it which would be completely off-topic, so I'll stick to John and Teyla in this post...

Well, it wasn't overtly shippy in any respect, but I loved how the two of them were together for almost all the ep. I thought it was wonderful how you saw the two of them in the control room, working together to figure out what the hell Rodney was doing (LOVED Rodney in this ep by the way ) and completely bouncing off each other in the situation.

I can't wait to see Lifeline now - I've only seen a couple of clips of it so far.

Doppelganger

Spoiler:
                  Obviously I haven't seen it yet because I live in England, but from the spoilers it looks like it's going to be right up there with Sunday in terms of shippiness and being one of my fave episodes.

Interesting thought (which has probably been said before): in Teyla's dream it's Ronon who comes in and comments on her relationship with John, much like he did to John in real life. Soo... does this mean that he's also said something to Teyla in real life, or that Teyla just knows that Ronon knows her feelings for John? Or maybe the entity was able to gain the knowledge of Ronon and John's conversation when it passed through John and uses that to its advantage against Teyla... hmm, maybe it wasn't that interesting after all. Oh well.

YAY for Ronon the Sheyla shipper, anyway!!!

Anyway, yet another episode I can't wait to see, anyway!

Laters!
                  sigpic

Thanks to YappiChick for the lovely sig

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS ON 4200 SCIFAN!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

First Camy, I love your Stitch icon. LOL
                      Ronon
                      Spoiler:
                      In my POV with Ronon's dream was a couple of things. The main thing that's obvious was him not liking to be alone. Now I saw him struggled to get untied, but Ronon always talking about that he wants to die fighting. He admit in Ark that he's not good in small spaces and not controlling how to die. It might be a fear that he has of dying meaninglessly. Does that make sense?

What a day for Elf and MrsB not to show.
                      Spoiler:
                      I believe MrsB is moving this weekend. Her PC might be down and packed up still. Elf might still be with her family or church friends. I hope they get to download DG before it gets changed
                      Oh my, could you imagine if they're too late? I can imagine the despair of both of them right now!

Spoiler:
                      I think that Ronon has in his mind that he wants to die honourably - all warriors do. I'm sure Teyla feels the same way, and John as well. Maybe even Rodney, though I'm sure he'd just prefer to survive...

Ronon's dream is quite a hard one to decipher... I think I'll leave it to someone smarter than myself to attempt...

I really have to leave now!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ruby_caspar View Post
                        CONGRATULATIONS ON 4200 SCIFAN!!!
                        Thanks Ruby.

I think it was already changed over, MrsB was bummed. I can't download Adrift yet from Itunes since I already downloaded DG. I sent them an email.

Comment

DAILY VOTING LINKS

Vote for J/T on Home in the Favorite Ship Episode Picture Game
                          http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...45066&page=101

Pics to follow for use in game:
                          Spoiler:

Vote for Favorite Sheppard Episode
                          http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...=44977&page=56
                          (If one of your favorite John episode isn't on the list, simply add it to the list)

Vote for Favorite Teyla Episode
                          http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...=45133&page=49
                          (If one of your favorite Teyla episode isn't on the list, simply add it to the list)

Vote for Favorite Teyla & John Moment
                          http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...=46140&page=20
                          (If one of your favorite J/T moment isn't on the list, simply add it to the list)

Support John in the H&H Best Haridos
                          http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...42802&page=214
                          (Make sure you have the last page on the thread to make the correct score)

VOTING UPDATE

Home has 15 votes... and need 35 more to go for making it into the list as the 12th episode from us..

LET THE VOTING BEGIN!!!

STARGATE MUSIC VIDEO AWARDS 2007

The award is open for taking nominations.,,on Stargate SG1 and Stargate Atlantis fan music videos...
                          So check it out..read the chategories, the rules and make sure to read the list of people who have been in the awards before since those videos can't be nominated again... let's make sure SGA and of course John, Teyla and John/Teyla is represented in the awards...

Nominations are open between 30th September - 28th October

http://www.pink-martini.net/sg1awards/
                          sigpic
                          Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Originally posted by NinaM View Post

DAILY VOTING LINKS

Vote for J/T on Home in the Favorite Ship Episode Picture Game
                            http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...45066&page=101

Pics to follow for use in game:
                            Spoiler:

Vote for Favorite Sheppard Episode
                            http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...=44977&page=56
                            (If one of your favorite John episode isn't on the list, simply add it to the list)

Vote for Favorite Teyla Episode
                            http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...=45133&page=49
                            (If one of your favorite Teyla episode isn't on the list, simply add it to the list)

Vote for Favorite Teyla & John Moment
                            http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...=46140&page=20
                            (If one of your favorite J/T moment isn't on the list, simply add it to the list)

Support John in the H&H Best Haridos
                            http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...42802&page=214
                            (Make sure you have the last page on the thread to make the correct score)

VOTING UPDATE

Home has 15 votes... and need 35 more to go for making it into the list as the 12th episode from us..

LET THE VOTING BEGIN!!!

STARGATE MUSIC VIDEO AWARDS 2007

The award is open for taking nominations.,,on Stargate SG1 and Stargate Atlantis fan music videos...
                            So check it out..read the chategories, the rules and make sure to read the list of people who have been in the awards before since those videos can't be nominated again... let's make sure SGA and of course John, Teyla and John/Teyla is represented in the awards...

Nominations are open between 30th September - 28th October

http://www.pink-martini.net/sg1awards/
                            Thanks for the links Nina.

Last edited by scifan; 01 October 2007, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Definately
                              DG spoiler:
                              Spoiler:
                              I really saw it after the first infirmary scene. After John touched her back with his hand and he leaves, you can see the look on her face. Kinda a longing thing. There's alot of hints about how Teyla feels. That's why I'm confused about this other guy thing. Oh well. It just better be done tastefully and a way that we will understand why she would put those feelings aside. Maybe this will open John's eyes too. Right now he seems a little clueless, but that's my POV.

We have tons of John cap for DG, but what about Teyla. I want to some art with those. LOL
                              The only reason why I can think of...

Spoiler:
                              another guy is because we already know that her fear is that no one trusts her on Atlantis. Perhaps, in that insecurity, she turns to her people and hooks up with a new guy. I'm trying not to think about the whole Teyla baby thing because well...there's no reason to worry over something that I have no control over.

Also, we know that the morning after the dream, she couldn't stand to be in the same room as Shep...so maybe she has some trust issues with him... *shrugs*

I'm sure this has been talked to death...sorry if I've said the same thing someone else has...
                              sigpic
                              Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
                                The only reason why I can think of...

Spoiler:
                                another guy is because we already know that her fear is that no one trusts her on Atlantis. Perhaps, in that insecurity, she turns to her people and hooks up with a new guy. I'm trying not to think about the whole Teyla baby thing because well...there's no reason to worry over something that I have no control over.

Also, we know that the morning after the dream, she couldn't stand to be in the same room as Shep...so maybe she has some trust issues with him... *shrugs*

I'm sure this has been talked to death...sorry if I've said the same thing someone else has...
                                I was wondering something similar ...

DG Spoilers:

Spoiler:
                                ... about her being uncomfortable around John after the nightmare. Even though I think it's strange that a person would chuck years of trust over a nightmare, I am aware the writers might use the Heightmeyer convo to tell us, the viewer, information.

The good news is if this was the writers' intent, the angsting after Heightmeyer's death and the coming together for a hug reverses that message.

The writers may not have intended more than an expression of renewed confidence, which is a bit short of full-blown ship, but it was, at the very least, an expression of trust, renewal. The setting, the dialogue, and the type of hug assures us of that.

Comment

Working...
                                X