No announcement yet.

John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hadn't really thought about it before, but I was a little surprised about the assumptions made. It's assumed that it can't possibly be someone from the expedition (said by Bates), when the Athosians have more of a reason to distrust the Wraith than they do. It's assumed that an actual person is being an informant and that the Wraith wouldn't "lay in wait" for their prey (Weir) when the expedition members still don't know very much at all about the Wraith and their tracking abilities or their technology which is obviously a rival to Ancient tech with regard to advancement.

I kind of feel like Teyla and the Athosians are being really unfairly treated here, like outsiders in their own galaxy. It reminds me of the attitude some other countries have against the U.S. (presumably) going places and assuming they know what they don't, and then making matters worse because of it. Sorry if I'm getting political here , but that's just what it reminds me of. I can't say that I know what's what, but that's just what comes to mind.

sigpic

Comment

Ouch! John just yelled at Elizabeth. I wonder how the show would have been different if Elizabeth had not lowered the gate.
      And John's "personal feelings" were spot on!
      sigpic

Comment

Yes, and I can't imagine how Teyla must have felt being surrounded by armed airmen and marines when she saved Ford.
        sigpic
        Fun fan fic . Check it out at stargatenexus.com or on FF.net

Comment

I thought that was a cute moment when Teyla came in late. John can give some adorable looks.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Twi'lek View Post
            Unfortunately I think Elizabeth feels it would make things easier if the Athosians were not there. I think she tried to say that they were welcome, but Halling is quite intuitive. He did the right thing... Tho I think the show would have been better with more Athosian presence.
            I agree, but I would want their presence to be a developed one. I have to say this because of episodes where the Athosians are present, but not really featured at all. That's kind of the most that they got.

At least Elizabeth is doing an investigation and trying to be nice about it, but what's happening seems unfair to me considering there are other reasons that could explain their Wraith tracking problem. Luckily, they do figure out that it's one of those reasons and not the Athosians informing to the Wraith.

sigpic

Comment

Teyla is incredibly brave in this scene. Lots more action!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Lady Blue View Post
                I agree, but I would want their presence to be a developed one. I have to say this because of episodes where the Athosians are present, but not really featured at all. That's kind of the most that they got.

At least Elizabeth is doing an investigation and trying to be nice about it, but what's happening seems unfair to me considering there are other reasons that could explain their Wraith tracking problem. Luckily, they do figure out that it's one of those reasons and not the Athosians informing to the Wraith.
                Yes development is key! We get only a few episodes with the Athosians and not a lot of development over the 5 years...sadly.
                sigpic

Comment

I do love that scene at the end with John and the Wraith. But I fear John was a bit over confident or faking it really good.
                  sigpic

Comment

I hadn't really thought about it before, but I was a little surprised about the assumptions made. It's assumed that it can't possibly be someone from the expedition (said by Bates), when the Athosians have more of a reason to distrust the Wraith than they do. It's assumed that an actual person is being an informant and that the Wraith wouldn't "lay in wait" for their prey (Weir) when the expedition members still don't know very much at all about the Wraith and their tracking abilities or their technology which is obviously a rival to Ancient tech with regard to advancement.

I kind of feel like Teyla and the Athosians are being really unfairly treated here, like outsiders in their own galaxy. It reminds me of the attitude some other countries have against the U.S. (presumably) going places and assuming they know what they don't, and then making matters worse because of it. Sorry if I'm getting political here , but that's just what it reminds me of. I can't say that I know what's what, but that's just what comes to mind.
                    Sometimes it's good intentions, but there is a lot to be learned from the people who have been enduring for generations. And had they had more involvement from the Athosians, then "Inquisition" may not have happened.
                    sigpic

Comment

Great re-watch!!! I need to fix dinner for the kids. Let's do it again next Sunday
                      sigpic

Comment

Absolutely! I have really enjoyed the rewatches! So I'm good for next Sunday... Or any day I am home if anyone wants to watch one.
                        sigpic

Comment

Sometimes it's good intentions, but there is a lot to be learned from the people who have been enduring for generations. And had they had more involvement from the Athosians, then "Inquisition" may not have happened.
                          I completely agree. Next Sunday sounds good to me.

@DJsGirl. Thanks.

sigpic

Comment

Sorry I wan't here to join in the fun! Life has been crazy in our little hamlet here and all I could do was go along for the ride.

I feel bad for Halling and the Athosians. I get the feeling that they may have thought they would play a bigger role on Atlantis.
                            I thought they'd have a bigger role. Who better to serve as guides, ambassadors, traders, etc.?

Unfortunately I think Elizabeth feels it would make things easier if the Athosians were not there. I think she tried to say that they were welcome, but Halling is quite intuitive. He did the right thing... Tho I think the show would have been better with more Athosian presence.
                            I think the fact she included Bates in the meetings indicates that. I'm not entirely sure she was ever comfortable with other peoples being there with them. It could come from an administrative standpoint - how are we going to feed all these extra people, but in some ways I don't know.

She could have included someone who was actually neutral in these interviews.

Psst! It's called plot holes. SGA is filled with them.

[QUOTE=DJsGirl;14193326]Yes development is key! We get only a few episodes with the Athosians and not a lot of development over the 5 years...sadly.[/QUOTE

The best of what we got was in The Gift and Critical Mass. After that, it was Athosians who?
                            sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                              Sorry I wan't here to join in the fun! Life has been crazy in our little hamlet here and all I could do was go along for the ride.

I thought they'd have a bigger role. Who better to serve as guides, ambassadors, traders, etc.?

Psst! It's called plot holes. SGA is filled with them.

The best of what we got was in The Gift and Critical Mass. After that, it was Athosians who?

Trust me, I know about life getting crazy! I'm still recuperating from this weekends craziness. But we did miss you during the re-watch. I enjoy your insight on the episodes.

About the Athosians.... I know and what a shame!
                              sigpic

Comment

Hubby and sons are part of the volunteer fire department and there was an accident early Saturday morning. That took up most of our day. Then, there was a murder in our little town (the last one was two years ago) and Hubby (who's also a reserve deputy sheriff) was called out Sunday to collect the evidence.

Plus, there was video games, crazy grand babies, all sorts of stuff going on.
                                sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Working...
                                X