Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
    a question for you guys...

the stargate legacy series of novels brought teyla and sheppard together: do you feel it's 'canon' now that the books have them a couple? or would it only be canon if it showed up in an episode or movie?
    I am reading them now actually. I would call it canon. Possibly alternate reality for those who are absolutely oposed to the ship. Either works for me.
    sigpic

Comment

Good Monday morning JT shippers!
      sigpic
      Fun fan fic . Check it out at stargatenexus.com or on FF.net

Comment

The rewatch has me inspired. After sending my art to Copter, I finished up a fan vid I had been putting off. I'll find the vid link and post it here tonight.

I actually have a few in the works as well as some fic. I must get back to it.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DJsGirl View Post
          The rewatch has me inspired. After sending my art to Copter, I finished up a fan vid I had been putting off. I'll find the vid link and post it here tonight.

I actually have a few in the works as well as some fic. I must get back to it.
          Oh, I'd like to see a fan video!
          sigpic

Comment

Is the challenge up, or do we still have time?
            sigpic

Comment

Challenge #34

Spring Cleaning ala go back and do a challenge you missed, or the 4 elements.

Falcon Horus
              challenge #1 B&W

ABC icons

<link is here for bigger>

The rainbow/zodiac challenge - short ficlet .
              Spoiler:

Title: Aquarius
              Rating: G
              Characters/Pairing: Kate Heightmeyer/John Sheppard
              Words: 323

John tiptoed into the room, trying his very best to stay as quiet as possible. He’d left his combat boots at the door, having only just returned from a three-day mission, just in time for her birthday. He didn’t want her to think he’d forgotten second year in a row. Not this year.

She was still asleep, sprawled across the bed. It was a surprise she didn’t kick him out the way she always moved around in her sleep. The more room she had, the more she obviously made good use of it. He watched her sleep for a few minutes longer, taking the time to drop his things as quietly as possible.

When she stirred, he sat down on the edge of their bed, leaning towards her. She woke to the dipping of the bed, and smiled a sleepy smile when she saw him.

“You’re back?”

“Surprise,” he grinned. “And happy birthday!”

He held a little box out to her, which she took from him. She sat up a little, leaning against the pillows, carefully opening her present. Inside was a small, round silver pendant, wavy lines edged into it.

“Aquarius, right?”

“Yes,” she replied, admiring the pendant. “Thank you.”

John leaned even more forward, “So what do I get for not forgetting your birthday?”

“Well,” she started, putting the box and pendant aside, “I imagine Teyla threatened you with a can of whoop-ass if you were to forget... again.”

“Her exact words are best not repeated,” he winced at the memory when Teyla had explained to him in great and painful detail what she would do to him if he were to forget Kate’s birthday again.

“But since you haven’t, let me remind you what happens when you don’t forget.”

She pulled him down, and kissed him full on, and somewhere in his subconscious brain a permanent reminder was being placed on her birthday. He wasn’t going to forget, ever again.

challenge 04 about the favorite cartoon show from the 80ties or 90ties.
              Tom&Jerry

Autumn

copter
              challenge 1 thunks

challenge 3 rainbow

challenge 11 villains

JadedWraith
              icons

4 elements

raduzhok

This is the Elements part of the challenge:

And here is the first challenge (since I haven't actually don't most, so started from the #1 challenge). My 'thunk' is a musician, as opposed to movies or tv.

1) THE AV:

2) THE SIG:
              sigpic

Comment

part two....................

Everlovin
                80s cartoons

Some SchoolHouse Rock!

taris-eirien

Vertical Art ...plus I threw in a hint of earth, wind, fire, water on top.

click for bigger

The Team

Then a set of each on their own

The Lady Blue
                blending

DJsGirl
                shippy
                spoilered for size
                Spoiler:

Twi'lek
                spoilered for size
                Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Challenge #35

I am drawing a line in the sand.....or rather the art......actually.....YOU are drawing the line! For this week, in your artwork, draw a vertical line in your artwork, dividing it. It can be straight down the middle, cutting it in half equally, or maybe off to one side or the other. You can do one piece of art and just draw a line through it, or do separate artwork on each side of the line. You decide......it must just contain a vertical line. The 'line" can be a brush, or any color line, or whatever.........

If you are doing fan fic, your story must contain two 'pickup lines'.

Entries are due to me by noon your time Monday June 16.
                  sigpic

Comment

They all look fantastic! I'm off to work, so I'll have to read the fic when I get home
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                      a question for you guys...

the stargate legacy series of novels brought teyla and sheppard together: do you feel it's 'canon' now that the books have them a couple? or would it only be canon if it showed up in an episode or movie?
                      Hey, Sal! Given my ship history - Sam/Jack; Daniel/Vala; Teal'c/Ishta;;Rodney/Laura; John/Teyla; Elizabeth/Carson; Elizabeth/Radek; Ronon/Jenn;; Varro/TJ (and that's just the Stargate ones) - I've come to have my own head canon if you will. So yes, I do consider the Legacy books canon. I've only read two but they are rich in the Stargate lore, they're true to characters (unlike some I've seen) and they broaden some of the societies (I love what they've done with the wraith).

Of course, I can quite happily ignore much of what I've seen on tv given the way tptb discount or forget about great characters.

So, in my head canon re: Sam/Jack. They got married soon after Threads. Re: John/Teyla - I imagine they're getting together at the end of what would have been S6. Of course, I can also see John/Teyla together since mid S3.

Frankly, at this point of the game, I've got the sense that I love the characters more than tptb ever did. At least a few of them.
                      sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                        Hey, Sal! Given my ship history - Sam/Jack; Daniel/Vala; Teal'c/Ishta;;Rodney/Laura; John/Teyla; Elizabeth/Carson; Elizabeth/Radek; Ronon/Jenn;; Varro/TJ (and that's just the Stargate ones) - I've come to have my own head canon if you will. So yes, I do consider the Legacy books canon. I've only read two but they are rich in the Stargate lore, they're true to characters (unlike some I've seen) and they broaden some of the societies (I love what they've done with the wraith).

Of course, I can quite happily ignore much of what I've seen on tv given the way tptb discount or forget about great characters.

So, in my head canon re: Sam/Jack. They got married soon after Threads. Re: John/Teyla - I imagine they're getting together at the end of what would have been S6. Of course, I can also see John/Teyla together since mid S3.

Frankly, at this point of the game, I've got the sense that I love the characters more than tptb ever did. At least a few of them.
                        I like your observations and opinion Ever. As far as shipping and fanfic go, I see ship all over the place and between lots of couples. If I see it on camera ( or read it in some cases) I consider it canon... However, I believe that what we see in the tv show is only part of the story. So anything can be happening behind the scenes so to speak.
                        An observation I made way back in SG1 and continued to have through Atlantis is that there were relations going on that we don't know about. They are secret until the couple is outed...so to speak. If a relationship is widly known about (Sam/ Pete , Daniel/Share) then we get to know about it. If a relationship is found out ( Tealc/ many, Jack/ Kerry, Cam/Raya) then we find out about it too. So this leaves me to believe that if someone is dating in secret, then it is kept secret from us ( the audience as well (Jack/ Sam, John/ Teyla). Nothing Canon about this, it's just how I chose to see things.
                        sigpic

Comment

I am enjoying all the art from the past challenges. Great job with the school House Rock art, Ever!
                          sigpic

Comment

Good morning JT shippers!

Link for vid isn't working. I'll post later.
                            sigpic

Comment

Good morning. I just finished my first workout for the day. I've got Two more classes this evening.
                              sigpic

Comment

I am a HUGE school house Rock Fan! I loved the throw back art, Ever. What a treat!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X