• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woot! I'm off to check it out!
    sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Well...... This might be awkward for you folks.. (new guy stigma here). I just wanted to drop by and create this..... account to let you all know I'm really surprised this thread is still going (and maybe engage in some discussion... who knows.... Congrats to you all for your persistence and...... comradely. Ive been watching this thread since.... 05... Ya super late to be posting I know.

Ok... on to introductions for mysteries late coming... me.......

Been watching stargate Atlantis and sg-1 since the beginning... (literally the 1990s... for sg-1 anyway). Stargate Atlantis is king in my opinion. Was crushed when the show was canceled (serially considered a protest... but plane tickets are expensive)... am currently reading the stargate Atlantis books for.... satisfaction. But on to the "thread topic". In regards to the John and Teyla.... relationship..... I honestly was always for John and Teyla since the pilot episode. Was a little weary of a John/Wier relationship for season 1-3 (thiers a bit of "shipyness" their). Although I never saw them outshining John/Teyla. Kanaan comes along and it was a bit like a..... "what the heck" moment for me. After that.. I kinda took a back seat in the John and teyla relationship "investigation". After words when the show was canceled I picked up the books (legacy series), and saw the post about the canceled movie "Stargate Atlantis extinction" script, I was happy to find them more or less confirmed. John/teyla where really my first real...... ship paring so they hold a special place in my heart. I really never saw how they were not..... tether (although the issue with kaanan kinda puts a wrench in some of the more cherished scenes).

OK... summary of sga/john teyla over. On to mysteries me...

I'm currently an AIT student, and that's all I'm really giving people in regards to location...

I love debating.. although i'm a little late for that party, I believe. I'm 100% confident I could crush anyone in a debate regarding john/teyla pairing vs any other pairing.. (no I'm not arrogant, I actually watched every single episode with a note pad comparing things before i made this account... which was like a year ago... but hey .

Not giving my age.... to much information is dangerous.. (shifts eyes side to side nervously)

Anyway.... I hope to be a..... productive member of this community.... and maybe give you all a new..... something.... viewpoint or shipy..... viewpoint.... or maybe even just a "new guy" thingy. Thats all I got.
      Well...... This might be awkward for you folks.. (new guy stigma here). I just wanted to drop by and create this..... account to let you all know I'm really surprised this thread is still going (and maybe engage in some discussion... who knows.... Congrats to you all for your persistence and...... comradely. Ive been watching this thread since.... 05... Ya super late to be posting I know.

Been watching stargate Atlantis and sg-1 since the beginning... (literally the 1990s... for sg-1 anyway). Stargate Atlantis is king in my opinion. Was crushed when the show was canceled (serially considered a protest... but plane tickets are expensive)... am currently reading the stargate Atlantis books for.... satisfaction. But on to the "thread topic". In regards to the John and Teyla.... relationship..... I honestly was always for John and Teyla since the pilot episode. Was a little weary of a John/Wier relationship for season 1-3 (thiers a bit of "shipyness" their). Although I never saw them outshining John/Teyla. Kanaan comes along and it was a bit like a..... "what the heck" moment for me. After that.. I kinda took a back seat in the John and teyla relationship "investigation". After words when the show was canceled I picked up the books (legacy series), and saw the post about the canceled movie "Stargate Atlantis extinction" script, I was happy to find them more or less confirmed. John/teyla where really my first real...... ship paring so they hold a special place in my heart. I really never saw how they were not..... tether (although the issue with kaanan kinda puts a wrench in some of the more cherished scenes).

I'm currently an AIT student, and that's all I'm really giving people in regards to location...

I love debating.. although i'm a little late for that party, I believe. I'm 100% confident I could crush anyone in a debate regarding john/teyla pairing vs any other pairing.. (no I'm not arrogant, I actually watched every single episode with a note pad comparing things before i made this account... which was like a year ago... but hey .

Not giving my age.... to much information is dangerous.. (shifts eyes side to side nervously)

Anyway.... I hope to be a..... productive member of this community.... and maybe give you all a new..... something.... viewpoint or shipy..... viewpoint.... or maybe even just a "new guy" thingy. Thats all I got.

Comment

Hey, Penrole! Nice to see fresh blood in the thread! Welcome and happy shipping! We don't bite too often.

I've read the first two Legacy books - I'm so broke it's unreal - and am eagerly awaiting the day I can afford more.

I started watching Stargate when it moved to SciFi way back when (actually it was a couple of months before that on pirated satellite tv, but don't tell anyone)

I'm a shipper. Always have been. Although I don't ship for every show I watch. I finally decided John/Teyla was the ship (of the two obvious ones to choose from) that I loved best during Sateda.
        sigpic

Comment

Welcome Penrole.
          I was a long time lurker, but just recently really started posting more.
          sigpic
          Fun fan fic . Check it out at stargatenexus.com or on FF.net

Comment

I don't post often - in lots of other threads I follow - but I don't get it. Why not just jump in and get involved from head to toe?
            sigpic

Comment

Ever, your fics are great. I must say so far Chasing Away Dreams is my favorite.
              In my mind TLG, The Return and The Ark were the turning point for J/T with Sunday making it official. And then we all know the truth about Doppleganger
              sigpic

Comment

For me it seemed like everyone kind of already knew each other ( 4 years ago) there was a lot more posting and a lot going on, with SGA and SGU as far as the fans go.
                sigpic

Comment

I think I'm more comfortable now that things have slowed a bit. Plus I'm more needy for all things Stargate lol!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DJsGirl View Post
                    I think I'm more comfortable now that things have slowed a bit. Plus I'm more needy for all things Stargate lol!
                    At one point with each new ep that aired this thread got wild really quick

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                    "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                    "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Oh, there's any number of places that it makes sense for them to get together. In my mind, pretty much any episode from the second half of S3 through Doppelganger. Return II, Echoes (with her being affected by the whales), The Ark (He almost said it was all for her) Sunday (with her being injured and losing Carson and all) Submersion (Wraith queen taking over her mind) Vengence (Michael?), Doppelganger

I didn't realize until just then how much peril Teyla was in during that time period!

Any of these could have been the catalyst for them getting together.

Thanks about the Chasing Away Dreams! I was futzing with that with another couple (Ronon/Jenn) and it just wasn't working. I changed the voices and it turned out perfectly for John/Teyla.
                      sigpic

Comment

I'm glad you wrote it for them. It really does fit them perfectly.

In my stories I'm writing it that Jennifer is with Rodney but she begins to think she made the wrong choice. Regrets. I don't think he gave Ronon a fair chance, but I digress.
                        sigpic

Comment

Aside from the fact that my first SGA love was/is Rodney/Laura, if tptb had come out and said "Oh, hey. We're creating a new character and included in her character will be a bit of a love interest for Rodney." I might have been willing to at least give McKeller a chance.

But tptb said, "We're creating a new character and we think that among other things we're going to pair her with Ronon." And then they didn't. So, just

I'm starting to work my way through your stories. You're considerably more ambitious than I am though. I'm scared to/ incapable of writing longer fics.
                          sigpic

Comment

I don't know what I was thinking when I started doing them, but now I have so much fun coming up with ideas for how I think it should have continued, that I can't stop. I only wish I had more time. So it does take a while to get a story done.
                            sigpic

Comment

I was a little heart broken for Ronon. It seemed Jennifer really embodied a lot of the characteristics that he loved about Malina. And then to have her reject him... Sigh.. I just don't get TPTB.
                              Cadman and Rodney would have been quite a pair. I see lots of comedic romance opportunities for them.
                              sigpic

Comment

Hi Penrole. It's nice to see another new Jeyla fan in here.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X