No announcement yet.

John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been reading the Fandemonium book - Casualties of War. And while I have my shippy glasses firmly in place, I'm loving the slight undertone of John/Teyla.

I'm pretty sure it's only there because I'm wearing those shippy glasses.
    sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by america126 View Post
      sometimes, i like reading fan-fiction but it has to be clean, not smutty at all.

i honestly think, that if the Atlantis movie were to be made, we'd be rejoicing that we have been right this entire time. and discussing all the moments, flirting, longing looks.
      I'm with you. Not a fan of Smut either. My fics are generally clean.

So much to catch up on. I'll try to come back and chat tomorrow.

Uh oh!! I missed Thread Mommy. Help me come up with a title for the tag I wrote a few pages back so I can post it in Beya please.

Comment

Let me go read it again, Sci and I'll be back with you. I suck at titles though.

One paragraph I found particularly shippy in Casualties of War -
        Spoiler:
        It's literally right after John found out Teyla was still alive - he'd been blaming himself. "'I think there's enough gratitude to go around.' All of a sudden he found himself touching his forehead to hers in the customary Athosian manner. If her grip on his banged-up arm was a little too strong, he couldn't have cared less."
        I just about squeed out loud when I read that!
        sigpic

Comment

Moving it closer!

Originally posted by scifan View Post
          Inspired by Joe M....
          Sorry for any typos and errors. It was an impromptu tag.

No Title:
          Extextion Tag

Spoiler:
          She was still reeling from the loss of Kannan, the memory still fresh in her mind as she recalled seeing Rodney's face; eyes wide opened, showing mixed emotions of sadness and disbelief.

"He saved me," Rodney said in a shaky voice. Teyla was confused at first, but then she saw a figure lying on the floor amidst the rumble that had fallen during the attack on the city. She looked back to Rodney, looking for clarification.

"He was right next to me, Kannan... and... and the next thing I felt was a huge push... I'm sor..."

In an instant of realizing who the victim was Rodney's words fell on deaf ears and she was by the father of her son's side within moments. She desperately tried to feel for a pulse.

"We need medical help!! Please someone help!" Teyla yelled with tears streaming down her face and cracking in her voice.

"I'm sorry my dear," the soft tone of Carson’s voice said as he knelt next to her and he placed one hand on her shoulder. “There was nothing we could do.”

And awkward pause came between them as she noticed the unfurled cloth clutched in his other hand. Her frown deepened as Carson looked squarely at her, “I’m so sorry Teyla. He was truly brave and a hero today.”
          She nodded as her head hung low and Carson wish he had better words of comfort to tell her.

Teyla glanced over to the bed of her sleeping child. He was too young to understand that his father would not be coming back. Back to Atlantis or to her people’s home world. She paused to let out a long sigh, still trying to take it all and trying not to get overwhelmed with the thought of it. The chime on her door rang, breaking her deep thoughts and she quickly went to the door before they woke up Torren.

It was John.

His eyes were filled with sadness. She knew right then he was there because he heard the awful news, but there was something more. The familiar look of pain that he was trying to hide from her and the fact that he was leaning against her doorway didn’t help hide anything either.

In his hands were two paper cups with lids on them, “I thought you could use some tea…. and maybe some company.” John saw Teyla’s small smile of appreciation, but then seconded guessed the idea. “… I can leave if you rather be alone.”

Teyla shook her head, “No, tea and company sound perfect right now.”

John entered and couldn’t help notice a couple things. One, Torren was asleep and two, Teyla was packing some bags.

“Are you going somewhere?” he whispered.

Teyla’s back was towards John when she answered, “Yes, I’m going to be with my people.”

“Oh, yeah… right… of course,” John stammered over his words.

He wasn’t sure if he should take it as her leaving for good or just temporary. After all they did just finally make it back to the Pegasus Galaxy and she lost Kannan, but he had seen earlier in his day a glimpse into his future… their future. Something no one should endure. Never mind once, but twice now. It wasn’t something he had planned on seeing. It happened while dealing with their current enemy, for a change it wasn’t the Wraith, and time traveling. Something he never wanted to do again either.

What if he seconds guesses everything thing and they don’t get together what if….

“John?” Teyla asked with concern. She could see the confused and deep thought expression on his face. “Are you ok?”

John snapped out of his wandering thoughts, “Um… yeah. I’m just a little…” John wince a bit as he finally got to hand Teyla her tea. “I’m just a little tired, but that’s not important. I’m here for whatever you need….even if you need help moving back with your people.”

Teyla tilted her head slightly and gave him tiniest of smiles, “No. I’m not moving back. I’m just visiting. I miss them and with Kannan...” She paused as she tried to hold back her tears. “I need to tell them what happened.”

She continues packing, once again turning her back away. She didn’t want John to see her crying. “I’m a single parent now and I know I have my people, but…”

John stopped her from finishing her sentence as he places his hands on the side of her shoulders, “You will never be a single parent. You have your people… and you have me… us to help you. We are all your family.”

She finally broke down, turned to him and cried in his arms. He held her tight to comfort her and rubbed her back to soothe her. He felt so guilty. Kannan was barely gone, but he had also seen how Teyla and Torren would become a major part of his life in the not so distant future. Something he didn’t dream would be possible for him. But for now he couldn’t think of that. It was time to be there for her, to be her friend… to be whatever she needed him to be.

The End
          sigpic

Comment

Yep. I suck at titles. Maybe "She's not Alone"? "Tea and Comfort"? I really don't know.
            sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                Yep. I suck at titles too. Maybe "She's not Alone"? "Tea and Comfort"? I really don't know.
                Yeah. I suck at it too. Tea and Comfort sounds good.

Comment

hi everyone, ive missed this
                  it's been a crazy few weeks. i saw the host twice, read a really good book called the elite by kiera cass. and so on.

Comment

I'm afraid I can't help you. I was blessed in that a friend sent me a bunch of Fandemonium books. Chances of me finding/getting others are very slim.
                    sigpic

Comment

Wow! Lovely drabble by Mysra - 100 Words this one is during Conversion.
                      sigpic

Comment

Wow! Lovely drabble by Mysra - 100 Words this one is during Conversion.
                        Oh this was very good! I can't help wishing what could have been had we had a Season 6 or movie... I miss Stargate so much..nothing on TV now compares.
                        sigpic
                        Sig made by Cazzblade! Thanks!
                        Forever!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rockhound View Post
                          Oh this was very good! I can't help wishing what could have been had we had a Season 6 or movie... I miss Stargate so much..nothing on TV now compares.
                          I'm with you Rocky. Hubby keeps on finding all these shows that he loves, and I can't get into any of them!
                          The only show I like now is Suits and I'm not as pumped about it, either.

HI EVERYONE!!!

Scifan, I MISS YOU TOO!!! *SMOOCH*

Too busy, too much work but very thankful to God. Very, very thankful.

Anywho, you know my email...

I'm here because I still do run Beya. We have a June Art Challenge and I NEED to fill up that entire calendar for the month of June!!!!

It's easy! Post anything JT on a day that you sign up for that's artsy. It can even be screencaps! You don't have to make something.

So, common and sign up! You know you want to. Here's the information and sign up. http://sga-beya.livejournal.com/525110.html

And as for the rest of the reading that I did here, YES, after I read what JM wrote on his blog about Season 6 or the movie, now more than ever I would have loved to have had another season.

I just needed closure, you know....

btw, I still haven't seen the last two episodes of Season 5. I won't....I think the day I do, I'll close a chapter in my life altogether called SGA. I'm not ready, yet.
                          sigpic

Comment

I can't say as how you're missing anything with missing Vegas. EatG has some possibility for John/Teyla angst at least.

I'm not sure if I can sign up for the Beya thing. Somehow or other I got signed out of LJ and I have no idea what my password is. None whatsoever.
                            sigpic

Comment

I can't say as how you're missing anything with missing Vegas. EatG has some possibility for John/Teyla angst at least.

I'm not sure if I can sign up for the Beya thing. Somehow or other I got signed out of LJ and I have no idea what my password is. None whatsoever.
                              Email me and I can post it for you. Do you have my email addy?

I"ll send it to you in a private message since I don't come here a lot anymore.

Yes, Vegas has no Teyla and Ronon. So, what's the point. EATG, I know I'll see it someday, but it's almost like the day I see those two episodes, I'm done.
                              sigpic

Comment

I understand about avoiding the finality of the show.

Of course, for me the best of the show ended about 10 episodes earlier than EatG.

But with the exception of the proposed opening scenes of Extinction, S6/the movie whatever it looked to be pretty good. Lots of John/Teyla love. Plus, I'm loving the shippiness in the Legacy books. I'm in book two of it, but it's been great.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X