John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
    I think this thread would like what Joe Mallozzi said would have been in the Extinction Movie (or 6th season if it had happened). From his blog tonight:

Enemy fighters are scrambled, Beckett takes the chair, the mother ship faces off against Atlantis, the city takes significant damage, Teyla suffers a terrible loss, some wonderful heroic moments for Ronon, McKay, and Teyla as well.

Atlantis re-establishes itself, Beckett gets his turtles back from Rodney and assumes a permanent position as Atlantis’s new head of medical R&D, and John comforts a grieving Teyla now aware – via the revelations of time travel – that they are destined to be together.
    Have I told you that I loved you lately. Thank you!
    sigpic

Comment

Actually, a lot of times I like the fan fic better. I can make it all my own personal canon.
      sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
        Inspired by Joe M....
        Sorry for any typos and errors. It was an impromptu tag.

No Title:
        Extextion Tag

Spoiler:
        She was still reeling from the loss of Kannan, the memory still fresh in her mind as she recalled seeing Rodney's face; eyes wide opened, showing mixed emotions of sadness and disbelief.

"He saved me," Rodney said in a shaky voice. Teyla was confused at first, but then she saw a figure lying on the floor amidst the rumble that had fallen during the attack on the city. She looked back to Rodney, looking for clarification.

"He was right next to me, Kannan... and... and the next thing I felt was a huge push... I'm sor..."

In an instant of realizing who the victim was Rodney's words fell on deaf ears and she was by the father of her son's side within moments. She desperately tried to feel for a pulse.

"We need medical help!! Please someone help!" Teyla yelled with tears streaming down her face and cracking in her voice.

"I'm sorry my dear," the soft tone of Carson’s voice said as he knelt next to her and he placed one hand on her shoulder. “There was nothing we could do.”

And awkward pause came between them as she noticed the unfurled cloth clutched in his other hand. Her frown deepened as Carson looked squarely at her, “I’m so sorry Teyla. He was truly brave and a hero today.”
        She nodded as her head hung low and Carson wish he had better words of comfort to tell her.

Teyla glanced over to the bed of her sleeping child. He was too young to understand that his father would not be coming back. Back to Atlantis or to her people’s home world. She paused to let out a long sigh, still trying to take it all and trying not to get overwhelmed with the thought of it. The chime on her door rang, breaking her deep thoughts and she quickly went to the door before they woke up Torren.

It was John.

His eyes were filled with sadness. She knew right then he was there because he heard the awful news, but there was something more. The familiar look of pain that he was trying to hide from her and the fact that he was leaning against her doorway didn’t help hide anything either.

In his hands were two paper cups with lids on them, “I thought you could use some tea…. and maybe some company.” John saw Teyla’s small smile of appreciation, but then seconded guessed the idea. “… I can leave if you rather be alone.”

Teyla shook her head, “No, tea and company sound perfect right now.”

John entered and couldn’t help notice a couple things. One, Torren was asleep and two, Teyla was packing some bags.

“Are you going somewhere?” he whispered.

Teyla’s back was towards John when she answered, “Yes, I’m going to be with my people.”

“Oh, yeah… right… of course,” John stammered over his words.

He wasn’t sure if he should take it as her leaving for good or just temporary. After all they did just finally make it back to the Pegasus Galaxy and she lost Kannan, but he had seen earlier in his day a glimpse into his future… their future. Something no one should endure. Never mind once, but twice now. It wasn’t something he had planned on seeing. It happened while dealing with their current enemy, for a change it wasn’t the Wraith, and time traveling. Something he never wanted to do again either.

What if he seconds guesses everything thing and they don’t get together what if….

“John?” Teyla asked with concern. She could see the confused and deep thought expression on his face. “Are you ok?”

John snapped out of his wandering thoughts, “Um… yeah. I’m just a little…” John wince a bit as he finally got to hand Teyla her tea. “I’m just a little tired, but that’s not important. I’m here for whatever you need….even if you need help moving back with your people.”

Teyla tilted her head slightly and gave him tiniest of smiles, “No. I’m not moving back. I’m just visiting. I miss them and with Kannan...” She paused as she tried to hold back her tears. “I need to tell them what happened.”

She continues packing, once again turning her back away. She didn’t want John to see her crying. “I’m a single parent now and I know I have my people, but…”

John stopped her from finishing her sentence as he places his hands on the side of her shoulders, “You will never be a single parent. You have your people… and you have me… us to help you. We are all your family.”

She finally broke down, turned to him and cried in his arms. He held her tight to comfort her and rubbed her back to soothe her. He felt so guilty. Kannan was barely gone, but he had also seen how Teyla and Torren would become a major part of his life in the not so distant future. Something he didn’t dream would be possible for him. But for now he couldn’t think of that. It was time to be there for her, to be her friend… to be whatever she needed him to be.

The End
        I can't believe you didn't email me about this.....you get this.... Now to redeem yourself, go and post it in Beya!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
          Actually, a lot of times I like the fan fic better. I can make it all my own personal canon.
          There's no question that the writers we have out there can do this couple justice and so much more than what the writers ever could....but....to me, they do that, because of what I saw on-screen with these actors. Joe and Rachel brought life to John and Teyla. I've said it so many times and I'll say it again, I fell in love with John Sheppard through Teyla's eyes. The little she got on-screen did enough for these amazing fanfic writers to bring them to life for me in words. But it all started with that live action for me.

And I wanted so badly to see it unfold and conclude on-screen. Do you know what I mean?
          sigpic

Comment

I know what you mean. I also know how much these ptb can screw things up.
            sigpic

Comment

One day I will write a very long paragraph about how I interpret John and Teyla's relationship. But it is not this day!! Why? Because I'm loopy and have a long day tomorrow. Fashion does not design itself!!!
              Spoiler:
              Keep in mind, it's probably the very reason as to why I interpret Clint and Kate's relationship along with Dean and Castiel's the way I do. Only, ya know, less platonic.

Just to jot some of my thoughts down and give you a preview: John and Teyla are soulmates.

I'm gonna stop typing now and just admire pretty pictures..........
              Last edited by AlbinoMonkeyC; 16 April 2013, 08:51 PM.
              Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
              Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

indeed, John and Teyla are soul-mates

everlovin, i do know what you mean, it would have been nice to see them get together on-screen

Comment

Call me Ever. Most everyone else does.

I'd have loved for them to get together onscreen. But like I said, in a way I'm glad they didn't. TPTB strung me along with a number of other ships on the three shows and didn't especially handle them well - or if they did in the eyes of a shipper they left it ambiguous enough for the noromos and/or in one case claimed one of the two didn't belong on the team. I'm glad we got the hints and chemistry onscreen. I'm glad we had "official" confirmation about how they were intending to take it. But I'm leary of how it would have happened.
                  sigpic

Comment

What's noromos, if you don't mind me asking?

sigpic

Comment

Noromos are people who don't want any sort of ship on a show. I think it stands for No Romance any More. I could be wrong.
                      sigpic

Comment

okay, i'll call you ever

it would have been really satisfying to see Teyla and John get together.

Comment

I agree too with you Ever. I am leary about what they would done and how it would have played out. I know I was definately disappointed the way some other scenes along the way were done. I have been running different scenarios in my mind about what way I would have liked it to happen and I'm sure they way different from what we would have gotten...

I realize that they would have to take their time about it since Teyla had to mourn Kanaan or that would show her and John in a bad way. That said, I really just wanted to see the moment when they both acknowledged to each other that they love each other. I wanted to see John finally stop hiding from his feelings for her since to me he fell more in love with her as time went by (s4 & 5). I think Teyla got a little side tracked with the invisible boyfriend. I do think she loved Kanaan but was not in love with him the way she is with John. He was just a distraction since she probably never thought John would feel the same way that she did.

Oh and I also figure when John comforts Teyla about her loss, that he gives her a REAL hug not one of his nervous hugs from before
                          sigpic
                          Sig made by Cazzblade! Thanks!
                          Forever!!

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                            Noromos are people who don't want any sort of ship on a show. I think it stands for No Romance any More. I could be wrong.
                            Thank you. I would have never even guessed that. I'll keep it in mind for future reference.

I'd love for them to have gotten together on screen in a movie or, even better, a miniseries. It just makes me think of how well Joss Whedon was able to tie up Firefly with Serenity. I thought he might tie up a few things and leave the rest hanging but he didn't. What didn't get tied up got cut off, like
                            Spoiler:
                            Book being a casualty of the Operative who was searching for River. We never got to find out what was going on with him, but his story ended in a way that made sense. It was sad to see Wash go, and everyone else's storylines went on in a believeable way. He did all of that in 2 hours.
                            I wish the Stargate people could do something like that for SGA. The series went on longer, and season 5 was such a disappointment, that I think any movie made would have had to be 2-2.5 hours long. It's neither here nor there now, but it would have been nice to see the team again acting out a great script with good direction. The Mallozzi script had a lot of potential, but maybe they'll do a novelization of some sort for the fans requesting it. For me, unless it's on screen, I'd rather just stick to my fan fics.

sigpic

Comment

sometimes, i like reading fan-fiction but it has to be clean, not smutty at all.

i honestly think, that if the Atlantis movie were to be made, we'd be rejoicing that we have been right this entire time. and discussing all the moments, flirting, longing looks.

Comment

I'm very happy with my personal canon of the shows. I'd be cool to see it all onscreen, and I'd be thrilled. There are times though, that the fic writers seem to love the characters more than tptb and handle them better overall.

Case in point - how Teyla was treated throughout the series and how Ronon was treated through much of S5
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X