John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by america126 View Post
    can you imagine the scene???? where he confronts her in the movie, it would give me goosebumps
    Did you mean comfort hun? I think another hug scene would definitely give me goosebumps. It would'nt be awkward like in Doppelganger, it would probably similar to Spoils of War's end scene. He rubs her shoulder and slightly tilts his head towards her. Maybe we see facial acting express how he is conflicted about know their future and helping with her loss in the present.

I agree. John would never jump in and be insensitive. He would give her her space, but at the same time maybe he would also be more attentive to her. Not for him to take advantage of recent advents, but maybe without even thinking he just does stuff for her. It's kinda a cliche, but we see it all the time. A person is friends with someone and then when the realize they feel more. They can't help but do small guesture do make that other person happy. Like bringing them coffee/tea. Helping them with the this or that. I can kinda see him do that here and there... and then getting snagged by Ronon and Rodney. lol
    Maybe she is lacking in sleep, she is still sad about Kannan and Torren is being Torren and on top of it he senses her turmoil and that Kannan isn't there. So John comes and offers to watch Torren for her so she can get some sleep. "Happy to do it... don't worry." Then we have a small adventure of 3 men and a baby... cause ya know he's gonna make Ronon and Rodney help... lol

Made some sigs for tut challenge in Artwork for All thread.

Well said about John and Teyla thoughts Everlovin and Lady Blue.

Comment

Great points everyone!

I agree first and foremost that John would let Teyla have her time to grieve. He would not do anything except be there for her for as long as and in whatever way she wanted. He would not push her. That is just not the way he is.

Now one thing that keeps sticking out in my mind is the way JM said, Teyla suffers a terrible loss. Now maybe it's just that I don't think Kanaan would be a terrible loss and I don't want to see a child die, but I keep thinking that Teyla's loss has to be huge - that both Kanaan and Torren are killed possibly when the city gets attacked. Kanaan and Torren are together since Teyla is off fighting the aliens with John and something terrible happens. To me, that would be the thing that would absolutely bring John to comfort Teyla. I could then see him giving her her time to grieve, but in the meantime spending more time with her, seeking her out more during his free time (instead of spending it with Rodney).

I think then things would just be alllowed to develop naturally in time where they would both finally admit to one another that they cannot push their feeling for each other away any more. Possibly brought on by a close call on a mission for one of them and each realizing just how much they mean to each other. Just my thoughts.. I know killing Torren would be awful, but I just feel that Teyla's grief would have to be much bigger to John than just having Kanaan gone.

And then Ronan would happen to see them after they get together with a big grin on his face because he knew all along that they would end up together because Ronan knows
      sigpic
      Sig made by Cazzblade! Thanks!
      Forever!!

Comment

Well said Rockhound!!

And I'm with you too on the "great loss" idea. I would really hate to think it was Torren too, but it is a good possibilty they would do something extreme.

Comment

I'm wondering if the loss could be Halling. He's obviously a good friend, and presumably took over the day to day leading of the Athosians when Teyla committed to fighting with Atlantis. I think his loss would be a blow to her.
          sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
            I'm wondering if the loss could be Halling. He's obviously a good friend, and presumably took over the day to day leading of the Athosians when Teyla committed to fighting with Atlantis. I think his loss would be a blow to her.

Oh.. maybe but then something between Kannan and Teyla would have to happen.... like him not wanting to be on Atlantis any more and he is no longer living in the city...... before John would even think about persuing a relationship with Teyla. He's not the love triangle type IMO.

Comment

Good choice Everlovin! Halling is definately very very important to Teyla...like a Father figure. However I don't think he was on Atlantis during Enemy at the Gate when Atlantis came to Earth. I think Teyla's loss happened on the way back to Pegasus since Woolsey only asked Teyla and Ronan if they wanted to be dropped off on the way to Earth.
              sigpic
              Forever!!

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                Oh.. maybe but then something between Kannan and Teyla would have to happen.... like him not wanting to be on Atlantis any more and he is no longer living in the city...... before John would even think about persuing a relationship with Teyla. He's not the love triangle type IMO.
                Oh, for sure. Kanaan is gone. Never meant to imply that he wasn't dead and buried or a wraith snack or something.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rockhound View Post
                  Good choice Everlovin! Halling is definately very very important to Teyla...like a Father figure. However I don't think he was on Atlantis during Enemy at the Gate when Atlantis came to Earth. I think Teyla's loss happened on the way back to Pegasus since Woolsey only asked Teyla and Ronan if they wanted to be dropped off on the way to Earth.
                  Sorry for the separate quotes. I'm not thinking straight this morning.

Anyways, that could explain that sad look on Teyla's face at the end of EatG. Hmmm. Interesting twist.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rockhound View Post
                    I don't know. I always saw him as a very close friend and adviser, but not a father figure to Teyla. It was obvious that he was one of the very few people, probably only including Charin too, that would dare to question Teyla about anything or disagree with her, like when he made the case for the Athosians leaving and Teyla decided to stay. He wasn't sure if that was the best thing, and he said so. I got the impression that only he, or Charin, could have. It would have been so nice to see more of their connection and exactly how she was the leader of her people. What was leading to them? Merely matters of trade or everything. Was it like an absolute monarch, somewhat of a democracy with an elected leader, or something else? So many blanks not filled in for the Athosians.

On a brighter note:

I've always liked this moment between them. It's like they had something from the start.

sigpic

Comment

I agree there were too many holes in the Athosian story to do more than fill in as you'd choose. Personally, I didn't see a father/daughter like relationship between Halling and Teyla. Maybe a brother/sister one. I did see him as more of an equal in the leadership of the Athosians than any others we didn't meet.
                      sigpic

Comment

I agree there were too many holes in the Athosian story to do more than fill in as you'd choose. Personally, I didn't see a father/daughter like relationship between Halling and Teyla. Maybe a brother/sister one. I did see him as more of an equal in the leadership of the Athosians than any others we didn't meet.
                        Agreed.. There was not enough backstory into Teyla's life and the Athosian life. In retrospect,Teyla and Halling did seem to have a relationship much closer to brother/sister or extremely close family friend. I would have love them to explore Teyla's Athosian history much more. We really knew nothing about them other than that they were farmers. How did Teyla become leader? Was it a position passed down through family? Was her mother or father their leader? Even though she was their leader, what role was it exactly? We never really saw. We know they treated her with respect and trusted her but when she went to live on Atlantis did someone else take over the day to day things.

Teyla always was able to assert leadership when she needed to on Atlantis.. It wasn't always shown, but anytime John needed someone to stay behind and take control, he wanted her to..(I know, much to our dislike since that usually meant she was not onscreen anymore). But he trusted her completely more than anyone else. He knew that everyone would be ok with her at the helm. She may not have liked it, but it did show how much faith he had in her.

Geez... I miss them so much....
                        sigpic
                        Forever!!

Comment

So, Mallozzi leaked that in the Season 6 opener or movie, Extinction, Sheppard and Teyla would see that they are destined to be together.

I already knew that...I just wanted to see it on screen officially!!!!!
                          sigpic

Comment

At this point, I'd be happy with a novelization.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                              I don't think it was a joke.
                              1. It wasn't posted on April Fool's Day.
                              2. If it was a joke he should have said "Fooled You!" today and he didn't
                              3. Sounds pretty standard for an Stargate script.
                              4. Much of this has been hinted at before.
                              I thought of this as a joke too, but like you stated, Joe has always supported John and Teyla...for crying out loud, he wanted Torren to be John's son. It was the other one that was against it and that's why they didn't pursue it. And there's been hints all along in the series, like Search and Rescue and then some others in Season 5. Plus, JM has stated that he could only see John with either Teyla or Nancy (the latter was probably a type on his behalf)

So, I think it's plausible. Though you wander if it would have made it past the editing. Though I ultimately agree with you. This has been done before in Stargate. I think Season 6 would have been them searching those emotions. But I would have loved to see John's face in all of this revelation. And to think that it sounds like he would have been the only one to have seen this future.

I agree with Sci too, it's probably Kanaan whom she lost.

Such good news, but why then do I feel so sad and angry about it!
                              sigpic

Comment

At this point, I'd be happy with a novelization.
                                Well, we do have the series...and that has JT together, too!!! So, we win in the end!!! wohooo!!!

Just....nothing can replace seen it on-screen. I wanted to have that closing with these characters on-screen. Then, I could close the books, gladly!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X