John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Artie View Post
    She's nine, which you would think would be a quiet age. Oh no. Now her clothes have to be "sick." And what is the thing about wearing ugly neon knee socks? I would not have been caught dead leaving the house in knee socks when I was her age, especially neon ones that don't match her clothes? LOL! I suppose every generation needs something to drive their parents crazy!
    My daughter is 14 (she's around here occasionally) and she's got her own unique style. It is more unusual for her to wear matching socks than mismatched. She's got play clown-like sunglasses that she wears everywhere. I just roll with it and enjoy her individuality. She does well in school. Boys are still just friends. No drugs, etc. As long as the big ones are ok, I don't sweat the little stuff.
    sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

She's nine, which you would think would be a quiet age. Oh no. Now her clothes have to be "sick." And what is the thing about wearing ugly neon knee socks? I would not have been caught dead leaving the house in knee socks when I was her age, especially neon ones that don't match her clothes? LOL! I suppose every generation needs something to drive their parents crazy!
      Sounds like my 10 yr old great niece. She does the same and think she's fashion diva.

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
        My daughter is 14 (she's around here occasionally) and she's got her own unique style. It is more unusual for her to wear matching socks than mismatched. She's got play clown-like sunglasses that she wears everywhere. I just roll with it and enjoy her individuality. She does well in school. Boys are still just friends. No drugs, etc. As long as the big ones are ok, I don't sweat the little stuff.
        So true Everlovin.
        My only thing with my niece is she tries to dress like her older sibling... and her mom. Shimmies her pants as low on her hips as possible and short shorts... Thank goodness for cold weather. Poor thing is like a bean pole, but she's still trying to strut her stuff.

I've been looking for various pics of the Cast of SGA and found some good ones for the Artwork For All thread challenge... still wish someone got a pic of Joe picking up Rachel and swinging her around during one of their last Con. That would've been cool to use.

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
          That's true! My daughter had viral encephalitis when she was four and nearly died. It left her with a ton of developmental delays and her speech is still difficult to understand. But about half of children who contract encephalitis die, and many others never walk again. I'm so grateful that she's still with us and that she can do and be so many things, and that we are still working on others like speech, that if she wants to wear funny looking socks I'm just glad she's here to do it!
          sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Some Short, but sweet vids.

Comment

That's true! My daughter had viral encephalitis when she was four and nearly died. It left her with a ton of developmental delays and her speech is still difficult to understand. But about half of children who contract encephalitis die, and many others never walk again. I'm so grateful that she's still with us and that she can do and be so many things, and that we are still working on others like speech, that if she wants to wear funny looking socks I'm just glad she's here to do it!
              Amen to that! Sounds like you have a survivor there.
              sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Oh my goodness Artie!!! That is so scary.
                Yep.. that is definately the small things. Who knows.. maybe she'll get into fashion one day.

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                  Oh my goodness Artie!!! That is so scary.
                  Yep.. that is definately the small things. Who knows.. maybe she'll get into fashion one day.
                  Very scary! Oh she's certainly the fashion princess around here now! LOL! All her clothes have to be "sick." I take it that's the new "cool!"
                  sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

The Scary Award.
                    Yay scary award... YIKE SNAKE!!

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                    "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                    "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Very scary! Oh she's certainly the fashion princess around here now! LOL! All her clothes have to be "sick." I take it that's the new "cool!"
                      Too funny how kids do their clothes now. Glad my boys aren't like that... yet. I'm also laughing that we are not like our parents and trying to figure out the new generation's lanuage.

Comment

Too funny how kids do their clothes now. Glad my boys aren't like that... yet. I'm also laughing that we are not like our parents and trying to figure out the new generation's lanuage.
                        How old are your boys?

I can't even imagine trying to keep up with the new hip language! LOL! I think I'll stick to talking like a Valley Girl, like fer shur!
                        sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

How old are your boys?

I can't even imagine trying to keep up with the new hip language! LOL! I think I'll stick to talking like a Valley Girl, like fer shur!
                          My boys are 8 and 11.

I know, right? I laugh at how my little niece tells me how some people act... just to find out that her source is a show or movie she watched. And it sounded just like Valley talk... that's what kinda tipped my off.

If I was in a writing mood that would be a funny story.... John and Teyla dealing with their kids' fashion sense and language barriers.

Comment

My boys are 8 and 11.

I know, right? I laugh at how my little niece tells me how some people act... just to find out that her source is a show or movie she watched. And it sounded just like Valley talk... that's what kinda tipped my off.

If I was in a writing mood that would be a funny story.... John and Teyla dealing with their kids' fashion sense and language barriers.
                            So your kids sandwich mine. My daughter is 9.

Can't you imagine Torren as a skateboarder? With a little sister tagging along?
                            sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

So your kids sandwich mine. My daughter is 9.

Can't you imagine Torren as a skateboarder? With a little sister tagging along?

Oh yeah! Cool. They are great with making new friends. They'd play with her like she was always their friend. I love that about them.

Hee hee. That would be real cute. Of course she'd be like her dad and get into trouble.

Comment

I have an idea... I know we are small in numbers here, but we can still give it a try.... and you don't have to be a good writer to do it either.

Describe a scene that you would've like to see between John and Teyla in the show. Either in season 1-5 or beyond. Doesn't have to be long either. Your choice.

Comment

Working...
                                X