John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
    Yup I think that sums it up perfectly. It was especially a contradiction to everything that came before. But unfortunately we found ourselves in a postion where the writers/prouducers didn't really care anymore about their characters (well most of them) or continuity. Their minds were elsewhere and they just wanted things tied up for their favourites. So John and Teyla got caught in the crossfire. As I said before I think the writers were aware of the mess they'd made and I think they would have made an effort to put it right if the show had continued.

I know both Rachel and Joe hoped the JT relationship would continue in season 6, but at least it is continuing in the books. Thats canon enough for me. The show is finished on screen but it lives on in the books. Our beautiful couple are getting the attention and ending they deserve and thats enough for me. I don't think this era of SGA will ever be continued on screen and if does return sometime in the future, it will be completly different.

and Jo Graham..

Not as much, as I have lots of things going on right now in my life. I'm feeling a bit like Jeyla.. I've said everything I have to say about John and Teyla. They were the canon ship for me on the show. We didn't have to make up anything. We got definite confirmation over and over how they felt about each other. The writers never denied that there was something between them. The actors never denied that there were feelings between their characters... Rachel has said in interviews that Teyla loved John more than a friend... Jason has confirmed that Sheppard was the best person for Teyla..

But it was all swept aside and turned upside down because the writers panicked when Rachel fell pregnant. They didnt want to put the effort into showing a real intimate relationship.... they wanted to keep that for their fav character.. so it was a betrayal and a contradiction to what came before.. I think we've all listed the reasons why the Kanann/Teyla baby arc was a fiasco and the absolute unbelievability of that storyline.... so there's not a lot more to say.

But its all been put to right with the contination of their story in the books.. which is sanctioned by MGM.. sure not as good as seeing them on screen but at least they have allowed their story to be finished the way it should have been done on the show..
    Meep! I'm really glad you're loving the books! Meep!

And Allegiance soon! There is a J/T scene in there I can't wait to talk about!
    sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Originally posted by Artie View Post
      Meep! I'm really glad you're loving the books! Meep!

And Allegiance soon! There is a J/T scene in there I can't wait to talk about!
      Gah! Now I can't wait...

I'm really looking forward to Allegiance..
      sigpic

Comment

Gah! Now I can't wait...

I'm really looking forward to Allegiance..
        I read it while they were writing it, and I admit you could have heard my squeal across the Atlantic! I hope that scene stays in SO MUCH! There's another one that's also really cute, but I don't think there will be any problem with it staying in. Not so much Teyla in Allegiance as there was in The Lost, as it's more Ronon's book, but then The Avengers is Teyla's book!
        sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

I read it while they were writing it, and I admit you could have heard my squeal across the Atlantic! I hope that scene stays in SO MUCH! There's another one that's also really cute, but I don't think there will be any problem with it staying in. Not so much Teyla in Allegiance as there was in The Lost, as it's more Ronon's book, but then The Avengers is Teyla's book!
          I love that each of the characters get attention.. not like the imbalance we saw on the show and the inconsistant writing.
          sigpic

Comment

I love that each of the characters get attention.. not like the imbalance we saw on the show and the inconsistant writing.
            They did a super job with Ronon. He's Melissa's favorite one of the team, and she really dug deep with him. And then The Avengers is really Teyla's book. Is it too spoilery to say that it's the return of Steelflower?
            sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

They did a super job with Ronon. He's Melissa's favorite one of the team, and she really dug deep with him. And then The Avengers is really Teyla's book. Is it too spoilery to say that it's the return of Steelflower?
              Sounds great..
              sigpic

Comment

3 days left to sign up for the Secret Elf Beya Challenge

I have 9 participants so far and quite a few newbies. COME JOIN!

Details here:
                http://sga-beya.livejournal.com/374446.html
                sigpic

Comment

Hey Guys! Sorry I missed you Artie. I think starting this weekend I'm going to start reading again. So I can get read for Alliance. Oh! I can't wait for any JT parts. *happy dance*

The whole situation still gets to me too Blue and Nick. *sigh* But definately glad for MGM's approval of the books. Still gives us our loving couple.

Comment

To everyone; I recently started reading some old mystery novels published in the 1920-30s era, Charlie Chan novels to be exact. That said I am now working on a SECOND NaNoWriMo story that is a mixture of Charlie Chan and Stargate Atlantis. Basically I will give a small summary here.

Atlantis is under lockdown when a murder occurs, the Wraith are not yet in a tenative alliance with Todd and Atlantis yet, so the Wraith are not thought to be the killer, A simple destective named Charlie Chan is called upon, the Chinese born very polite fellow begins his investigation, with him are his Number Two Son Tommy, and his assistant Birmingham Brown. This story is ment to be as silly as hell

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                    "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                    "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                      To everyone; I recently started reading some old mystery novels published in the 1920-30s era, Charlie Chan novels to be exact. That said I am now working on a SECOND NaNoWriMo story that is a mixture of Charlie Chan and Stargate Atlantis. Basically I will give a small summary here.

Atlantis is under lockdown when a murder occurs, the Wraith are not yet in a tenative alliance with Todd and Atlantis yet, so the Wraith are not thought to be the killer, A simple destective named Charlie Chan is called upon, the Chinese born very polite fellow begins his investigation, with him are his Number Two Son Tommy, and his assistant Birmingham Brown. This story is ment to be as silly as hell
                      Sounds intriguing..
                      sigpic

Comment

Here's a new sig for Artwork for all thread challenge.. Friendship.

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                          Here's a new sig for Artwork for all thread challenge.. Friendship.

Love it sci.. never get fed up looking at these pics of them..... just sums them up perfectly..

Spoiler:
                          A friend of mind wants me to go to India with her next month but I can't decide if I should go or not. I've spent quite a bit on my house this year and savings are limited.. should I throw all monetary caution to the wind and just go..... have been there before and love the place but I can't decide... I also need to go and visit family in Ireland... ah decisions, decisions.
                          Last edited by bluealien; 30 October 2011, 12:11 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Love it sci.. never get fed up looking at these pics of them..... just sums them up perfectly..

Spoiler:
                            A friend of mind wants me to India with her next month but I can't decide if I should go or not. I've spent quite a bit on my house this year and savings are limited.. should I throw all monetary caution to the wind and just go..... have been there before and love the place but I can't decide... I also need to go and visit family in Ireland... ah decisions, decisions.
                            Spoiler:
                            Oh boy.. that is a hard decision. I wish I could help you better. Carefully way your options.

Comment

Spoiler:
                              A friend of mind wants me to India with her next month but I can't decide if I should go or not. I've spent quite a bit on my house this year and savings are limited.. should I throw all monetary caution to the wind and just go..... have been there before and love the place but I can't decide... I also need to go and visit family in Ireland... ah decisions, decisions.
                              Do both at once, that is how I'm planning the holidays this year, going to America and spending a month or so there {day after thanksgiving in America to day after New Years}, all of that time will be spent visiting friends and family when not writing like a lunatic.

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                              "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                              "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                                Do both at once, that is how I'm planning the holidays this year, going to America and spending a month or so there {day after thanksgiving in America to day after New Years}, all of that time will be spent visiting friends and family when not writing like a lunatic.
                                Hehe..thank you.. well I have to go to Ireland to visit family but India is just an indulgence, but I'd love to go. Love the place and its amazing culture but its that pesky thing called money that's getting in the way of my plans..
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X