John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi guys. Haven't been here in a while.

Just a reminder that there's still time to join the Secret Elf Exchange going on in Beya.

All details are here:
    http://sga-beya.livejournal.com/372554.html
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
      NICK!!!!! *HUGS* OMGoodness. It's been ages.

Sorry.. I don't know, but she frequents Beya. You can probably message her. Do you have a link to her fic?

How have you been??
      Alas my arms aren't quite long enough to hug you back. Yeah it's been a while, although i reckon part of me was always here. Good to know that you're still hanging out here and a few of the others i recognise of course, Camy just popped in i see.

I shall have to revive my LJ account perhaps, not been overly used in recent times unfortunately.

This is the story i was referring to :: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7078689/...Shadows_Rising

After a few more chapters i'll shoot her a message in FF.net, with my compliments too of course.

I have been good enough thanks, still keeping my unconventional hours as you can see. lol I trust all is well with you and yours?

As someone who had drifted away from shipping, at least actively/publicly so at any rate, to find oneself being irresistibly drawn back in is more enjoyable than i could ever have imagined. Returning here brought a smile as well. I don't suppose you've heard of the TV series Downton Abbey? If i'm not careful i'll be imposing my lamentable writing ability on the fandom that holds my interest [shhh, don't tell them that just yet ].
      Last edited by Nick 0208 Ldn; 20 October 2011, 06:34 PM.

Comment

There was a direct link, but it was on Yappi's LJ. So, I'm going to try this..... Hope it works Planet.

Social Network: http://www.myfakewall.com/w/Teyla+Emmagan
        That was funny and thanks for the link.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Hi Nick... great to see you here.

Has Wedj got a new fic out. I adore her work. I'll have to go and check it out.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nick 0208 Ldn View Post
            Alas my arms aren't quite long enough to hug you back. Yeah it's been a while, although i reckon part of me was always here. Good to know that you're still hanging out here and a few of the others i recognise of course, Camy just popped in i see.

I shall have to revive my LJ account perhaps, not been overly used in recent times unfortunately.

This is the story i was referring to :: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7078689/...Shadows_Rising

After a few more chapters i'll shoot her a message in FF.net, with my compliments too of course.

I have been good enough thanks, still keeping my unconventional hours as you can see. lol I trust all is well with you and yours?

As someone who had drifted away from shipping, at least actively/publicly so at any rate, to find oneself being irresistibly drawn back in is more enjoyable than i could ever have imagined. Returning here brought a smile as well. I don't suppose you've heard of the TV series Downton Abbey? If i'm not careful i'll be imposing my lamentable writing ability on the fandom that holds my interest [shhh, don't tell them that just yet ].
            Hee hee. That's ok. Yeah... it's really slow in here, but we do our best... and it's always good to see you.

Thanks for the link Nick. I'll try to check it out.

Yeah, all good here.. thank you.

Well, I'm glad you did and I've heard of Downton Abbey from someone, but I haven't taken the time yet to watch it... maybe today.

Don't be a stranger.

Originally posted by planet_tv View Post
            That was funny and thanks for the link.
            Oh I'm Glad the link worked and that you enjoyed it.

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
            Hi Nick... great to see you here.

Has Wedj got a new fic out. I adore her work. I'll have to go and check it out.
            Morning Blue.

Comment

Morning Blue
              Morning sci .
              sigpic

Comment

Hi there,

I don't suppose that any of you good people know if Wedjatqi's new [or at least it is to me as of fairly recently] Alliance fic will be updating again soon? I've not caught up to Ch. 21 however it is quite superb.
                NICK!!! *runs to him and smothers him with hugs and kisses*

Where have you been you evil doer you?

Miss you loads!!!!

Been not as much here myself...what's more to share? I've said everything I could possibly give as far as my opinions to JT and it still hurts quite a bit to know that the writers back out on a great love story!

Still, we all know that John and Teyla are having tons of babies by now. That Kanaan is somewhere babysitting Torren for the weekend, and that Teyla is still just as beautiful graceful and endearing as ever, may I add with a bit more smiling, too! And that John is whistling through the hallways of Atlantis very content, holding his two year old in one hand, while holding his baby girl on his hip.

Wedj...I'm going to kick her butt for not updating sooner than this.

Have you read Devine's latest, too? She's another one I"m going to kick her butt for not updating more frequently.

And then there's puerta de las estrellas, she's a newer writer and I LOOOOVE her.

And then of course, kariuse and also karaesel...don't quote me on those spelling but it's close enough.

Then there's our Foxyinthecity and Scifan that have been writing recently as well.

Of course, there are, as always, some amazing writers for our JT fandom, and I'm so amazed that new ones continue to pop up as well.

LOVE IT!

Nice to see you here again...email me a line or so when you can. *hugs*
                sigpic

Comment

I really came here to remind you guys of the Beya Challenge, The Graphics a Day Calendar 2012 Challenge and now the new sgaartvalentine challenge that still has some openings for art for this coming week and there are some slots still open.

Sci, I'd love to see some JT art.

Check it out.

http://sgaartvalentine.livejournal.com/35500.html
                  sigpic

Comment

Hi there,

I don't suppose that any of you good people know if Wedjatqi's new [or at least it is to me as of fairly recently] Alliance fic will be updating again soon? I've not caught up to Ch. 21 however it is quite superb.
                    Nick, I'll tell her you are waiting for her next installment. I know she's been quite busy and she feeds on comments. So, leave her some and that certainly helps the muse.

I know she should be posting soon, but I'll pull her ears virtually for you so she can speed things up.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jeyla4ever View Post
                      Nick, I'll tell her you are waiting for her next installment. I know she's been quite busy and she feeds on comments. So, leave her some and that certainly helps the muse.

I know she should be posting soon, but I'll pull her ears virtually for you so she can speed things up.
                      I'm waiting in anticiaption..
                      sigpic

Comment

I really came here to remind you guys of the Beya Challenge, The Graphics a Day Calendar 2012 Challenge and now the new sgaartvalentine challenge that still has some openings for art for this coming week and there are some slots still open.

Sci, I'd love to see some JT art.

Check it out.

http://sgaartvalentine.livejournal.com/35500.html
                        Um.. no promises sweetie... got alot of challenges already, but I'll check it out.

Comment

*giggles* I see you decided to join the fun. I've been so busy myself and I haven't done artwork in so long now that I'm afraid I lost my touch!

John and Teyla fans....

A reminder that Beya's Secret Elf Challenge is still open for sign up. However, last day is this sunday.
                          We have 7 participants this year and I'd like to see a lot more.

http://sga-beya.livejournal.com/373299.html

And for those artists in you...or if you'd like your own JT desktop calendar, simply make a request, too. But it's not just a JT calendar challenge, so you can make a request of anything and everything.

Here: http://graphics-a-day.livejournal.com/16958.html

This week we are working with February 2012 calendars but you are more than welcome to join the fun and either requests or catch up to us. I know I have to.
                          sigpic

Comment

NICK!!! *runs to him and smothers him with hugs and kisses*

Where have you been you evil doer you?

Miss you loads!!!!

Been not as much here myself...what's more to share? I've said everything I could possibly give as far as my opinions to JT and it still hurts quite a bit to know that the writers back out on a great love story!

Still, we all know that John and Teyla are having tons of babies by now. That Kanaan is somewhere babysitting Torren for the weekend, and that Teyla is still just as beautiful graceful and endearing as ever, may I add with a bit more smiling, too! And that John is whistling through the hallways of Atlantis very content, holding his two year old in one hand, while holding his baby girl on his hip.
                            *holds Camy at arms reach to look at her* You've not aged a day.

The little ones owning mini padded banto rods?

Too true *sigh* it was a ridiculous contradiction/betrayal of the character up to that point in time, three seasons worth, see i can still begin to get annoyed about it. lol

Well that's why we have the fandom, right?

we must catch up, i'll drop you an email tomorrow hoefully, would have before now although the weekend was a tad nuts.

Wedj...I'm going to kick her butt for not updating sooner than this.

Have you read Devine's latest, too? She's another one I"m going to kick her butt for not updating more frequently.

And then there's puerta de las estrellas, she's a newer writer and I LOOOOVE her.

And then of course, kariuse and also karaesel...don't quote me on those spelling but it's close enough.

Then there's our Foxyinthecity and Scifan that have been writing recently as well.

Of course, there are, as always, some amazing writers for our JT fandom, and I'm so amazed that new ones continue to pop up as well.

LOVE IT!

Nice to see you here again...email me a line or so when you can. *hugs*
                            I wouldn't want to come across as...well parasitical, only the Alliance AU is top stuff.

I'll have to look up Devine's one next, being a name i know. And then these other people you mention, great to see that new writers emerged [and stories of theirs in particular?]. The strength and enduring nature of the ship.

It is great to hear that Beya is thriving, that must be quite heart warming for you o Thread Mom of ours. Or have you abdicated that title to Scifan? :smirk:

*giggles* I see you decided to join the fun. I've been so busy myself and I haven't done artwork in so long now that I'm afraid I lost my touch!
                            Impossible.

Did you do a JT calendar for 2011?

Hi blue, good to know you are still here. Hope all is good with you.

Comment

No, Nick.. I'm just mommy's little helper.

Comment

Too true *sigh* it was a ridiculous contradiction/betrayal of the character up to that point in time, three seasons worth, see i can still begin to get annoyed about it. lol
                                Yup I think that sums it up perfectly. It was especially a contradiction to everything that came before. But unfortunately we found ourselves in a postion where the writers/prouducers didn't really care anymore about their characters (well most of them) or continuity. Their minds were elsewhere and they just wanted things tied up for their favourites. So John and Teyla got caught in the crossfire. As I said before I think the writers were aware of the mess they'd made and I think they would have made an effort to put it right if the show had continued.

I know both Rachel and Joe hoped the JT relationship would continue in season 6, but at least it is continuing in the books. Thats canon enough for me. The show is finished on screen but it lives on in the books. Our beautiful couple are getting the attention and ending they deserve and thats enough for me. I don't think this era of SGA will ever be continued on screen and if does return sometime in the future, it will be completly different.

Well that's why we have the fandom, right
                                and Jo Graham..

Hi blue, good to know you are still here. Hope all is good with you.
                                Not as much, as I have lots of things going on right now in my life. I'm feeling a bit like Jeyla.. I've said everything I have to say about John and Teyla. They were the canon ship for me on the show. We didn't have to make up anything. We got definite confirmation over and over how they felt about each other. The writers never denied that there was something between them. The actors never denied that there were feelings between their characters... Rachel has said in interviews that Teyla loved John more than a friend... Jason has confirmed that Sheppard was the best person for Teyla..

But it was all swept aside and turned upside down because the writers panicked when Rachel fell pregnant. They didnt want to put the effort into showing a real intimate relationship.... they wanted to keep that for their fav character.. so it was a betrayal and a contradiction to what came before.. I think we've all listed the reasons why the Kanann/Teyla baby arc was a fiasco and the absolute unbelievability of that storyline.... so there's not a lot more to say.

But its all been put to right with the contination of their story in the books.. which is sanctioned by MGM.. sure not as good as seeing them on screen but at least they have allowed their story to be finished the way it should have been done on the show..
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X