John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scifan View Post
    EXACTLY!!! I totally agree. I would've loved to see more. In some ways, IMO, we saw some of that even when she was pregnant. Yes, she was looking for her people, but you saw how John was. He was extra protective of her, they had some intimate moments in Quaratine and in S&R he was willing to swoop her up and carry her if he wasn't injured. In Kindred1... when they were going to the village, he gave the run down of what to do if they had to leave quickly and Teyla got a bit snippy. I think she was tired of him being over protective.... so he obviously did on Atlantis as well. I could be wrong.
    If they never rescued Kanaan. I have no doubt John would've stepped in as a father figure. And what about how well he knew Teyla and what she'd say in S&R. She repeated it exactly how he dreamt it and she continued by asking to have John's name as Torren's middle name. Torren John Emmagan. Not Torren Kanaan... and she didn't take Kanaan's last name. What does that tell ya.
    I think the thing that shines through is the respect he has for her, from all the way back in season one. He truly values and appreciates her, not puts her on a pedestal or just thinks she's hot. And I think that's mutual. He's the one she can count on, always, anywhere.
    sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Originally posted by NinaM View Post
      I
      Also does anyone else have the problem with not being able to go next unread message... I click on it nothing happens and then I have to remember which post I read the last...sheez... no fun...
      this is an ongoing glitch that GW has....so annoying. at the top of the page in any particuler thread you can click "Go to first unread post" right next to "thread tools".....that works....still annoying though....
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Artie View Post
        I really love the friendship between Sam and John, and I adore the scene in Search and Rescue when he says he's going after Teyla no matter what and Sam lets him go. She's done the same thing knowing it might end her career, knowing it might end her life, and she doesn't even try to stop him. I'm looking forward to more Sam and Teyla though. I've always wanted more of that.
        Me too. I love the Sam/Teyla friendship ..
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
          Totally agree with this. I don't think John had that level of trust with anyone else really, From the very first moment they both seemed to have a level of trust that hadn't really been earned - it was just an instant thing. They knew nothing about each other but yet they both blindly trusted the other.

I think this carried on throughout their relationship and turned into something deeper and more meaninful. They seemed to know what the other was thinking - look at their interaction in Sateda. They were acting like a married couple there and I think everyone picked up on this throughout the years. Ronon always saw what was between them. I think Weir knew as well and even in her Replicator state she presumed that John was the father of Teyla's child. Even though the writers tried to rewrite episodes to say Kanaan had been around longer than anyone knew, Repli/Weir still picked John as the father..

I love how the books are taking their relationship forward and dealt with the whole Kanaan situation in a mature and believable way. I'm loving the developing relationship between John and Teyla - it's long overdue and the perfect outcome for this amazing couple .

Planet

Thanks for the Song List - Awesome..
          Well said Blue.. and if it wasn't for one producer from stopping things, I think we would've had John and would've seen him grow on a whole new level.

Originally posted by NinaM View Post
          I really need to get started with the books....darn I'm falling way way behind on all the Atlantis books I have... sheez...I'm sure I've even missed buying some of them... not good ...LOL

Also does anyone else have the problem with not being able to go next unread message... I click on it nothing happens and then I have to remember which post I read the last...sheez... no fun...

Need to head off... have to celebrate my brother a little late since I worked when he had his birthday and today is also my mom's birthday...so heading off...have fun...
          I'm behind too. I just gotta avoid the internet so I don't get distracted.

Have fun with the parties. *HUGS*

I'm really glad you like it!

I think my favorite moment of other people's reactions is when John tells Sam that Teyla's pregnant, and Sam obviously expects him to say that he's the father. When he says he doesn't know she has this expression like, "Wow, and I thought SG-1 was f-ed up!"
          Oh I never thought of it that way. I just thought she thought he would know because she was part of his team and they were so close. But I like your idea better.

Enjoy your birthday celebrations Nina..

Yup - Sam had been put through the same crap with her relationship with Jack. I think everyone but the writers expected John to be the father..
          If it wasn't for one producer from stopping things, I think we would've had John and would've seen him grow on a whole new level.

I really love the friendship between Sam and John, and I adore the scene in Search and Rescue when he says he's going after Teyla no matter what and Sam lets him go. She's done the same thing knowing it might end her career, knowing it might end her life, and she doesn't even try to stop him. I'm looking forward to more Sam and Teyla though. I've always wanted more of that.
          I love that scene to. He was NOT going to let her down and lose her... no matter what. That would've been nice to see to. So many missed moments we should've gotten.

Comment

I think the thing that shines through is the respect he has for her, from all the way back in season one. He truly values and appreciates her, not puts her on a pedestal or just thinks she's hot. And I think that's mutual. He's the one she can count on, always, anywhere.
            Yes. From day one.... exactly. There was always that special bond.... and will always be.

Originally posted by mrscopterdoc View Post
            this is an ongoing glitch that GW has....so annoying. at the top of the page in any particuler thread you can click "Go to first unread post" right next to "thread tools".....that works....still annoying though....
            COPTER!!! *HUGS*

Comment

Love your Sam/Jack sig sci...
              sigpic

Comment

COPTER!!! *HUGS*
                hiya! **hugs**
                sigpic

Comment

Love your Sam/Jack sig sci...
                  Thanks Blue. Syfyfan made it.

hiya! **hugs**
                  How ya doing chickie?

Comment

How ya doing chickie?
                    indulging in my other thunk
                    sigpic

Comment

indulging in my other thunk
                      Oh.... I see.

Comment

YappiChick does it again!! She had me rolling on the floor with this. Just take a look.

Social Networking

It's not a fic, but you still need to check it out and read it all.

Comment

YappiChick does it again!! She had me rolling on the floor with this. Just take a look.

Social Networking

It's not a fic, but you still need to check it out and read it all.
                          Just read it - it's hilarious.
                          sigpic

Comment

Just read it - it's hilarious.
                            Gotta love her sense of humor.

Comment

Gotta love her sense of humor.
                              Indeed - she should do more like this.
                              sigpic

Comment

Indeed - she should do more like this.
                                I agree... Maybe I'll put a bug in her ear. Would like to see one for John.

Comment

Working...
                                X