No announcement yet.

John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wish I could help you hun. I haven't reread it yet.

Comment

I've got an idea for the first few paragraphs anyway.
      sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

That is still ongoing huh ?? Amazing. Though I'd love to take part, I'm kind of busy writing my own stuff at the moment. Oy

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
        "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
        "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by planet_tv View Post
          I know I haven't been here in a while but I didn't have much to post then after the server move and update my ISP Charter couldn't access Gateworld until about Aug 17 or 18 so I shall get caught up with thread at some point as I'm trying to get caught up with others threads and a few which have a lot of pages like the Sam/Jack Appreciation Thread and in the Sanctuary section: the Tesla thread.

While I was unable to access Gateworld I did manage to add some more songs to J/T song list so when the new songs added to the list has reached 100 total I will post the update but that won't take me long as I only need to add about 7 more. I also did manage to write some more fan fiction mainly for the A Wish Yet to Come sequel which has a title that I may or may not have mentioned here called A Wish Yet to Come 2: Finding Teyla so expect lots of worried Sheppard.
          Oh, nice to see you planet...please keep me updated once you reached that 100 because I'd like to post the list in Beya, if that's okay with you.

And yipee for coming back, and for fics...WOHOOOO!! You need to post those in Beya, too.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
            PLANET!!!! *HUGS*

Good to see you and sorry about you not being able to come on. I love when you do your song list. I'm so behind on reading anything hun. I wish I had more time, but glad you are still writing. You should post your stories and song list on Beya if you get a chance.
            Great minds think alike!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
              I've got an idea for the first few paragraphs anyway.
              Let me know if you need to bounce off ideas, I'm willing to help.

And I don't know about the rest but should we say this is the last round so that the writers can think of conclusions? Just a thought. I haven't re-read it in awhile either.
              sigpic

Comment

I'll try and steer it toward the end of the story. Not sure we can get there. People just keep cranking up the action and suspense.
                sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by Jeyla4ever View Post
                  Let me know if you need to bounce off ideas, I'm willing to help.
                  Great! good to know!! I need some help with something.... though it is not a John & Teyla story at the moment, its more Jack...

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                  "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                  "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Oh, nice to see you planet...please keep me updated once you reached that 100 because I'd like to post the list in Beya, if that's okay with you.

And yipee for coming back, and for fics...WOHOOOO!! You need to post those in Beya, too.
                    I'll let you know when the new songs reach 100 so you post a link in the Beya and It should be soon since I'm down to only two threads I need to get caught up on not excluding this one.

I would post my fan fic in the Beya but I'm not a member of Live Journal and I'm probably the only one in this thread who's not.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                      I'll try and steer it toward the end of the story. Not sure we can get there. People just keep cranking up the action and suspense.
                      Do the best you can hun. We will help too.

Comment

@Gateworld tweeted about an interview with Rachel.
                        In it she says:
                        I believe that Kannan was someone Teyla dearly loved.I believe that he would have been the choice that her parents would have made for her had they been alive.He represented her connection to her people and Teyla desperately wanted to keep that strong.There was already a great deal of guilt for having joined Atlantis and “leaving” them in a manner of speaking.But I think that she did love Sheppard. In a way he was forbidden but longed for.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                          In it she says:
                          Thanks hun. To be honest.. if they did a better way of doing Kanaan I would've been a little ok with it, but they never explained how she went to really liking Shep to Kanaan. Backstory would've been helpful and tptb not mocking him on the commentaries.

Comment

They simply butchered Teyla with that story, end of story. Even the actors were making fun of the guy because they didn't know where that came from.

I read the interview and it's very interesting.

I also like this little tidbit in the interview:
                            Teyla grew up over the course of the series.She had to make some pretty challenging decisions, including leaving her people in order to further the greater cause of getting rid of The Wraith. She became a mother (which changes everything). If the series had continued I would have loved to have explored her heritage more. The mythology, the history…. I also would have enjoyed seeing Teyla truly in love.

Clearly Rachel played and saw Teyla as a woman that wasn't in love with Kanaan. She was in love and longed for John.

We didn't make this up guys, as we've always mentioned. It was clearly seen on-screen for Rachel was playing Teyla in that manner.

All those little glances all those little moments, we weren't seeing things!

I am with Scifan, too. If it had been developed the right way, or even if it had some meaning and substance before during and after, I would have also accepted it no matter how much it pained me to not see Teyla with John.

But in the end, Teyla clearly showed no connection to Kanaan, besides him being a good childhood friend, one that connected with her gift, and one that comforted her when she most needed it resulting in her pregnancy.

John never made the move nor showed anything more than friendship. Whatever held him back, he knew that Teyla owed him nothing.

It's an unfinished story that we deserved to see finished.

But we all know how it ended: John threw Kanaan out of the nearest pier and Teyla, Torren and John lived happily ever after.
                            sigpic

Comment

But we all know how it ended: John threw Kanaan out of the nearest pier and Teyla, Torren and John lived happily ever after.
                              HA HA I agree with that version.
                              One must always be improbable – Oscar Wilde sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                                In it she says:
                                Thanks for this..

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                                Thanks hun. To be honest.. if they did a better way of doing Kanaan I would've been a little ok with it, but they never explained how she went to really liking Shep to Kanaan. Backstory would've been helpful and tptb not mocking him on the commentaries.
                                I think Rachel hoped to have her people explored through Kanaan but the writers had no intention of ever doing this. Kanaan was just a means to explain Rachels real life pregnancy and that's all they used him for and from their comments in interviews I think they are aware that it was a fiasco. Rachel had a much better grasp on who Teyla was than the writers ever did. She had hoped that Teyla's relationship with Kanaan would appease her guilt about leaving her people and she thought it would bring that connection back - she was doing what she thought her people would want and what she thought she wanted, but she was clearly fooling herself. What she really wanted was John and I think in time she'll find that Kanaan is not enough. Her connection to her people will always be there because it's part of who she is and her love for John will not change that. The writers never bothered to touch on any of John or Teyla's inner struggles. They brushed it all aside for a lame and silly storyline that almost ruined Teyla's character.

I think in time Teyla will act on her true feelings. Both her and John are living a lie - they are both trying to appease others and do what they think others want of them. Teyla being with an Athosian man because she feels it's expected of her and John putting his feelings aside because he feels it will get in the way of doing his job. Both are living a lie and neither are happy.

This was clearly shown in season 5 and again I think the writers realised the mistake they'd made. John and Teyla have an undeniable connection and their love is quite obvious even when they try and hide it. I'm pretty sure if we had a season 6 the writers would have rectified their mistake - thankfully we have the awesome Jo Graham who is giving John and Teyla's relationship the attention it deserves and showing that these two definitely belong together.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X