John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hope24 View Post
    I can't say I was surprise by this news. I never had any expectations of there being a SGA movie for some time now. IMO, I don’t think the SGA movie was that high on the former TPTB’s priorities to do list. I just never got that from them since they cancelled SGA.

Hopefully, there will be more Stargate in the near future. I’ll be a little sad though because it won’t be the same actors who play the characters that I came to love a lot. The actors and actresses made me want to watch the show and their characters even when I thought the writing was lacking. Sad to see the franchise come to this though.
    I agree with you I am sad that Stargate is gone....I wish we could have gotten a SGA movie but oh well.
    One must always be improbable – Oscar Wilde sigpic

Comment

I'm sad that Stargate is over too, and wish very much that we could have had more of SGA, or a movie - I love these characters!

But yes, the whole franchise will live on in books and fan stories and art (not to mention syndication!). And certainly we have other examples of a franchise coming back years later; anything can happen in the future!

I'm grateful for all the wonderful work that everyone has done over the years. It's been a great ride!
      sigpic

Comment

Once again ignored... was it something I said ? Lets try and keep our heads guys, in that post I linked to, just a few posts up (or down depending how you have your forum view set up), many people I know say they're hearts were breaking, can we try to keep a positive outlook on this ?

So far the only reply I got was from Blue via PM, and she pretty much agreed with what I posted in that link. Personally, I am glad the Stargate series of TV shows and films we have had so far went as long as they did. I'm not upset about the series ending. In fact I saw it coming when MGM started their restructuring several years ago when SG1 was ended

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
        "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
        "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
          Once again ignored... was it something I said ? Lets try and keep our heads guys, in that post I linked to, just a few posts up (or down depending how you have your forum view set up), many people I know say they're hearts were breaking, can we try to keep a positive outlook on this ?

So far the only reply I got was from Blue via PM, and she pretty much agreed with what I posted in that link. Personally, I am glad the Stargate series of TV shows and films we have had so far went as long as they did. I'm not upset about the series ending. In fact I saw it coming when MGM started their restructuring several years ago when SG1 was ended
          I wasn't ignoring you! I should have quoted you, as I was actually thinking of your post when I said that "yes, the franchise will live on in books and fan stories and art (not to mention syndication!)." And I'm trying to be positive too!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RobinB View Post
            I wasn't ignoring you! I should have quoted you, as I was actually thinking of your post when I said that "yes, the franchise will live on in books and fan stories and art (not to mention syndication!)." And I'm trying to be positive too!
            Oh yay good! And yes, we still have the books, and our fanfics, and our muses.... Jake please come out of the gutter..... OK get out of the sewer....

Please excuse me guys, must fetch my muse from the city's storm drain system >.<

But yes, we have the books!!

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
            "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
            "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

My view is positive - I still miss SG1 from when it ended for me... (not the same as when it was canceled) but I still enjoy what I liked about the show. Same for SGA I still miss the show esp. J/T.

Books and fan art and fan fiction are not the same to me as sitting down watching a show that I prefer.

Regardless of how much I enjoyed those two shows I am still going to miss Stargate and I like being able to share the feelings that I have on the subject with those how want to express it as well.

Just my opinion of course
              One must always be improbable – Oscar Wilde sigpic

Comment

It is the sad that the franchise had to end on such a low note.. it would have been nice it it had gone out with a bang.

But the ptb were clearly struggling the last few years and their hearts just didnt seem to be in it - well not in SGA at least.

I really think they needed to step down long ago but as many have said we've got the books. So far I'm really enjoying them. I love the direction the books have taken JT and the writers of the show should have done this. I think if we had gotten a season 6 they would have gone back to JT as I think they realised the whole Kanaan/Teyla thing was a bit of a joke..

But SGA will live on in fandom through fanfic and the Legacy series so I'm happy with that..
                sigpic

Comment

There's a new Best Hug game now in the Fun and Games section...

http://forum.gateworld.net/forumdisp...-Fun-and-Games

HAPPY EASTER
                  sigpic

Comment

Evening Shippers!! I'm feeling kinda blah and would love some pics of Teyla and Shep. Anyone got any?

sigpic
                    Coming January 2017

Comment

sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

And related...

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                          sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                            sigpic

Comment

Wonderful pics! Thank you!

sigpic