Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeyla4ever View Post
    Hello Everyone.

Just dropping by for a quick hello and that YES I'm alive and still kicking!

I'm sorry that I had you guys worry about me. It was never my intention. I was truly moved by the heartfelt emails that I received and the words of encouragement and concern. *BIG HUGS*

And rest assure, All is well in Camyland, simply that I need to take care of some much needed personal things and without sounding selfish or emotionless, fandom was the last thing on my mind.

So, consider this as a break from me. Hope24 reminded me that I AM the thread mommy. So, I guess this makes me a bad mommy!

Know that John and Teyla will always be the one for me and no other couple in fandom will ever replace these two. In my world, they live happily ever after.

As for the R&R, Lea please find someone, if you haven't done so already, to cover for me.

Until next time...lots of love,
    Camy
    I'm very glad you're alive and kicking! We miss you! I hope everything is better for you soon. *hugs*
    sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Originally posted by Jeyla4ever View Post
      Hello Everyone.

Just dropping by for a quick hello and that YES I'm alive and still kicking!

I'm sorry that I had you guys worry about me. It was never my intention. I was truly moved by the heartfelt emails that I received and the words of encouragement and concern. *BIG HUGS*

And rest assure, All is well in Camyland, simply that I need to take care of some much needed personal things and without sounding selfish or emotionless, fandom was the last thing on my mind.

So, consider this as a break from me. Hope24 reminded me that I AM the thread mommy. So, I guess this makes me a bad mommy!

Know that John and Teyla will always be the one for me and no other couple in fandom will ever replace these two. In my world, they live happily ever after.

As for the R&R, Lea please find someone, if you haven't done so already, to cover for me.

Until next time...lots of love,
      Camy
      Blessings to you, Camy. And thanks for checking in. {hugs}
      sigpic

Comment

There's a new game out there that needs some JT shippers. Best Stargate Kiss - First to 50
        sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Thanks Everlovin! I just voted.

Comment

Any reports out yet on the Vancouver Convention?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
              Any reports out yet on the Vancouver Convention?
              This is what was posted on the S/J thread about what BW said.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Originally posted by planet_tv View Post
                Thanks Planet..

Well I'm not surprised by this news.. Why would MGM finance a movie when the show failed. This has been on the cards ever since the ratings for SGU started plummetting. Frankly I knew SGU wouldnt make it and sadly its taken the franchise with it. I just don't get why MGM would base their decision on just one failed leg of the franchise when the previous shows were so successful - I guess they just lost too much money with SGU..

At least we have the Legacy Books where the characters can live on and John and Teyla get their deserved ending...
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
                  Thanks Planet..

Well I'm not surprised by this news.. Why would MGM finance a movie when the show failed. This has been on the cards ever since the ratings for SGU started plummetting. Frankly I knew SGU wouldnt make it and sadly its taken the franchise with it. I just don't get why MGM would base their decision on just one failed leg of the franchise when the previous shows were so successful - I guess they just lost too much money with SGU..

At least we have the Legacy Books where the characters can live on and John and Teyla get their deserved ending...
                  I frankly don't think they ever intended to make an Atlantis movie. I don't think they would have approved the books in August 2009 if they ever had any intention of doing it.
                  sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

It's so sad, but I agree with both Blue and Artie.... at least from MGM's POV.. I really think that some of the producers really wanted to see at least SG-1 and SGU movie make..... I never felt they wanted to do SGA.

Comment

Just found this new vid on Youtube.

Comment

I just knew that since SGU got cancelled bad news was sure to follow. HOWEVER, my heart is not broken due to the fact that my muse has so many, in fact too many, story ideas and plotbunnies running amuck its hard for me to focus on anything long enough.

But still, I am not saying I do not care that Stargate is finished. Personally I could go either way with it. I mean, I for one am very happy for the fact it went for so long, even in three different series. (personally I've watched SGU so far on hulu and rented discs of the first half of season one as I wanted a screenshot for something, only episode I actually enjoyed was Justice)

But that does not mean I care, in fact for all intents I could say, "so?" In fact Some people I know are such die hard fans they say their heart is breaking. I say, so ? I barely watch TV as it is, what with al lthe crap they got on the commersicals alone theses days, Weather Channel baby!!

We can still relive their adventures on DVD guys. After all... It was Albert Einstien himself who said this wonderful quote, "Imgination is more important then Knowledge, With Knoledge, we only know so much, but Imgination is endless." That said. Who cares really with the Stargate sereis are ended. I bet you anything that if we put our minds to it, we could have us our own script written up for our own pleasure to enjoy!

HEY, at least we still got the books, (been reading Entanglement so much I keep dreaming of Teyla in poor Radeks place on that mackshift medical bed thingy in the jumper)

I'll shut up now

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                        "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                        "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post

Very cool vid! Thanks for the link!
                          sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

You're Welcome Artie!

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                              There's a new game out there that needs some JT shippers. Best Stargate Kiss - First to 50
                              Off to vote in a sec.

Originally posted by scifan View Post

Sci, great find. Thanks for the link. I think it is a great video.
                              sigpic
                              Sigs made by the talented Cazzblade, Donna, Jeyla, Linda, Luciana, Mayra, Mrs.B, Padme
                              Scifan, Teylafan, WraithLord & YC & me.

Thanks for the memory to the cast and crew of Stargate Atlantis.
                              WraithLord - R.I.P.

Comment

Originally posted by planet_tv View Post
                                I can't say I was surprise by this news. I never had any expectations of there being a SGA movie for some time now. IMO, I don’t think the SGA movie was that high on the former TPTB’s priorities to do list. I just never got that from them since they cancelled SGA. Their focus was on SGU. And then I was kind of torn on whether I even wanted the former TPTB doing the SGA’s movie anyway not after SGA’s season 5. I don't watch SGU, but I kept up with the ratings for it, so I thought a movie for it was a long shot at best. Hopefully, there will be more Stargate in the near future. I’ll be a little sad though because it won’t be the same actors who play the characters that I came to love a lot. The actors and actresses made me want to watch the show and their characters even when I thought the writing was lacking. Sad to see the franchise come to this though.
                                sigpic
                                Sigs made by the talented Cazzblade, Donna, Jeyla, Linda, Luciana, Mayra, Mrs.B, Padme
                                Scifan, Teylafan, WraithLord & YC & me.

Thanks for the memory to the cast and crew of Stargate Atlantis.
                                WraithLord - R.I.P.

Comment

Working...
                                X