No announcement yet.

John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry for being so tardy in my response.

Originally posted by Jeyla4ever View Post
    Thank you!
    No worries. :0

Believe it or not, not everyone sees it that way. Not in this thread, of course, but the world is funny in that sense!
    Very true.

I thought Dr. Hewston had only gotten there shortly after Atlantis had access to Earth and so, tops say she came in about 6 months before to a year. I could be wrong though.
    You know, you might be right on that. It's possible that she came through the gate once they got contact with Earth back. I think it could be more than 6 months though. I've always considered a full season to account for a full year (more or less) of time passing. Some of the dialogue in the episodes have suggested this as well, like in S&R when John tells Teyla that it had been a hectic 4 years. She also could have been brought along by the Daedalus, so that would also account for more than 6 months if that's true. I don't know. They just seemed like they were fairly close to me. Not best friends close, but close...

See, I always thought boys would talk like that about things. But you have a good point. And yes, I was referring to that scene in Sunday. Ronon opened up to John very openly, I figured John should have done the same. But yes....it's the right thing to do anyways. But it also says a lot about John, who he is and how he thinks...I think it also says how much he values people's privacy even aside from his own. Love the man!
    Yep, Shep is great. I think the fact that he does value privacy says something really great about him. He always seemed to know how to handle his team because he understood boundaries well. That was a great thing about him.

Perfectly worded! YES!
    Thanks.

Teyla says this to Keller about Kanaan in Missing.

TEYLA: No. Athosian. His name is Kannan. A natural leader, but he isn't aware of it. Burdened by an overly-cautious nature.
    Those transcripts are nice and come in handy. Thanks for providing the quote. I tried to forget Missing as soon as I saw it unfortunately and I only saw it the one time.

That statement says that it was in his nature to be a leader, but not that he was one because she follows it up with saying that he wasn't aware of it. If he wasn't aware of it, then I doubt that he actually had a real leadership position with their people. She was saying what she though he could be in her opinion - if he had the confidence and the ability to act on that confidence. So, I still don't think he was a real leader with their people. I think she was just saying that he was capable of doing more and being more, but that he wasn't there yet (if ever imo).

Good point. I forgot about his view of himself in DG. I kept thinking of Remnants and his words to Koyla about his marriage.
    And you made a lot of great points by speaking about those things as well because all of it counts in getting the full picture of everything.

I think John has always thought of finding the right woman. I don't think he's given up even though he does blame himself in part for his failed marriage. I think he realized that Nancy simply wasn't the right girl for him. If you look back especially in Seasons 1 and 2, there are many references to John wanting kids, wanting a family. Remember his reference in Underground about the radiation and wanting to be able to have children, and then in Child'shood End when he mentioned to the leader of the kids that he does want children someday, and then in Allies, I think it was, when he told the Wraith Queen in front of Weir about his concern for his grandkids. So, John does want a family. He wants it more than we think. Which is why I never bought the whole idea that John was suicidal. He's not. He's just a man that's willing to risk his life for those he loves, but only if necessary. He does want to live and he does want a future. And I think more than ever being in Atlantis, in the Pegasus, he sees that reality more than ever and wants it more than ever.
    Yes, I agree. I don't think he's suicidal either. If he wanted to die, then there are many, many times when he could have purposefully gotten himself killed in battle and that would have been the end of it, but that didn't happen because he's not like that. I do think he's had other issues that should be addressed though. You have pointed out very well that he did want a family, and I think that's why Teyla got the reaction/treatment she did from him when he found out that she was pregnant because he didn't expect it would be someone else. However, as soon as he got over that he was there for her and completely on board with being "Uncle Shep" so to speak. I recall the scene from The Prodigal where he even said that he would help her with putting Torren to sleep if he weren't racing cars. So, Shep did seem to like kids, or at least Teyla's child... Then there's Joe Flanigan who seems to be a natural with children anyway. He's got 3 of his own. Some actors get all wooden and uncomfortable with children, but he was great. Everybody loves that scene in S&R when he was holding Torren in the dart. He was a natural doing that.

Cheers

Comment

I'm rereading a bit now and hoping to do the next part by this afternoon. *crossing fingers* that muse co-operates.

Round Robin Links

Everlovin'
      Alexanderia7
      Scifan
      Hope
      Jeyla
      Mysterywriter

Part 1: Everlovin
      Part 2: Alexandria7

Part 3: Scifan

Part 4: Hope

Part 5: Hope

Part 6: Jeyla

Part 7: YappiChick

Part 8: Everlovin
      Part 9: Alexanderia7
      Part 10: Scifan

Part 11: Hope

Part 12: Hope

Part 13: Jeyla4ever

Part 14: Jeyla4ever

Part 15: Mysterywriter

Part 16: Everlovin

Comment

I saved all the parts on a document. I"ve read it a couple of times in the last couple of months.
        sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
          lol. Yes it would be.

YW, hun.
          Yeah. I don't understand why so slow.

SAF!! *tackle hugs*

Oh Goodness!! That's almost a whole year!!! I hope it's worth it too. *HUGS*
          *bearhugs back*
          Thanks, hun.

Check out this amazing vid by SGAFan on YouTube Joe IS Rockford!
          picfic craziness against boredom: Col.Sheppard & the nutty whumpers

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
            I saved all the parts on a document. I"ve read it a couple of times in the last couple of months.
            Duh!! Why didn't I think of that. Just finished putting all the parts together. Off to read and write.

Originally posted by SheppAddictedFangirl View Post
            *bearhugs back*
            Thanks, hun.
            YW hun. Missed ya.

Comment

Duh!! Why didn't I think of that. Just finished putting all the parts together. Off to read and write.

YW hun. Missed ya.
              (((Sci))) I do my best to make life easy. Much easier to look in one place rather than lots of places.
              sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

I'm rereading a bit now and hoping to do the next part by this afternoon. *crossing fingers* that muse co-operates.

Round Robin Links

Everlovin'
                  Alexanderia7
                  Scifan
                  Hope
                  Jeyla
                  Mysterywriter

Part 1: Everlovin
                  Part 2: Alexandria7

Part 3: Scifan

Part 4: Hope

Part 5: Hope

Part 6: Jeyla

Part 7: YappiChick

Part 8: Everlovin
                  Part 9: Alexanderia7
                  Part 10: Scifan

Part 11: Hope

Part 12: Hope

Part 13: Jeyla4ever

Part 14: Jeyla4ever

Part 15: Mysterywriter

Part 16: Everlovin
                  Can't wait to read it!
                  Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Things kept coming up...and we have Parent/Teacher conference today for my oldest... sorry.
                    I'll try to make sure I get it done before the night ends.

Happy Birthday Alexandria7!!!!!

Comment

Might not be able to do my part today because I'm on my laptop and I have... YET AGAIN... another virus on my PC.

Comment

Mean old computer!

Never fear, Sci! I know it will be awesome whenever it comes!
                        sigpic

Comment

Whoa, comp virii and I never get along, ended up taking my machine to the local computer chopshop, and had the operating system reinstalled, which also killed off the virus I had on the thing, and also upgraded the machine only so much as well, and all I had to pay for was the reinstall of the operating system (USD200)

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                          "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                          "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                            Mean old computer!

Never fear, Sci! I know it will be awesome whenever it comes!
                            Thanks Everlovin.
                            Since you read the RR more than once.. Can I ask you a couple of questions? I wanna make sure I get my fact right and didn't misread.

Spoiler:
                            Didn't Teyla sense Wraith when they brought her to the place where they held her hostage or did I misunderstand that? And is Salter and Matia the same "young agent"?

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                            Whoa, comp virii and I never get along, ended up taking my machine to the local computer chopshop, and had the operating system reinstalled, which also killed off the virus I had on the thing, and also upgraded the machine only so much as well, and all I had to pay for was the reinstall of the operating system (USD200)
                            Yeah.... I can't afford that... otherwise I would do that.

Thanks Padme... hope it's sooner than later. :rolleyes;
                            Last edited by scifan; 16 November 2010, 07:19 AM.

Comment

Last time...
                              Sheppard ignored Todd and turned back to Torren. “I’ll get your mom home soon, Little Guy. Don’t fret.” He turned to Lorne. “Get your team and head for the jumper bay. We’re going out there and finding her.”
                              Here's my attempt on the RR. Sorry. I hope it doesn't seem rushed and there maybe some grammer error. RL kept interrupting me.

Part 17:

Parker dialed his cell phone, "I need this area secured now. It's been compromised... and I want it sent to my private collection."

"But sir," the man on the other man said nervously. "What about Mr. Wayne and the Trust?"

Parker got mad, "I don't give a damn about Mr. Wayne or the Trust! I pay you and you should be worried what will happen if you cross me. I will not give up this unique collection."

The man on the other side of the phone call could hear the maddening obsession Parker had and it scared him, "Yes... yes, sir. We will have our crew there in minutes."

"Good," Parker said firmly and abruptly hangs up. He looks over to his gun man to his left. "I need you to get rid of any loyal Trust trash...."

The gunman stealthfully adds a silencer to the barrel of his gun as Parker continued to instruct him.

"... I also need you to deal with those Wraith we have hidden in storage... Be careful though, we don't need you to end up like those other guys that got too close," Parker devilishly smirked. "I guess Wraith tend to get nasty when we starve them and try to keep them as pets."

"Are you sure you don't want to use them since we lost the girl, sir?" The gun man questioned.

"No, I have faith that we will get her back... and besides those Wraith don't play hardball very well and unfortunately know how to mess with your minds," He glanced back at his gunman. "Make sure you do the job quick before they get the chance to do that. I can't afford to lose any more men."

The gunman nodded to the devious man's question and began to fire upon the men in the building, killing them with no more than two shots each. As he came upon Bates he stopped as he saw his victim raised his hands and spread them apart to show surrender.

“Mr. Parker,” Bates yelled out. “I can get Teyla for you.”

Parker narrowed his eyes as he observed him and waited for him to present his case, “How?”
                              “I took liberty of placing a tracking device under her skin… somewhere where she wouldn’t notice,” Bates responded without any signs of nervousness.

“And what made you decide to do this without my knowledge?” Parker asked coldly.

“Cause I feel I know her, sir. We did work together for about a year and I know enough that she will do whatever she has to to survive,” Bates said with confidence.

“And what of your loyalty to the Trust?” Parker asked.

“My loyalty is to those that can help me finally get that dangerous woman out of Altantis. She is a danger to us all… in my opinion.”

Parker remained silent as he considered Bates’ fate. He could tell that both Teyla and Bates didn’t have any love lost between each other, but he was worried that Bates’ obsession to get rid of Teyla would be more harmful to his plans then helpful.

Parker looks down as he fiddled with his cufflinks; to show he had no particular interest if Bates lived or died, “Ok. I’ll let you live… in one condition. You get her at any cost, but I want her alive.”
                              “You have a deal,” Bates responded and pointed to some of Parker’s men to assist him.

They get into Bates van and he turned on the tracking device on the dashboard, “She’s not too far. We should catch up to her in no time.

The young agent pulls out a cell phone and downloads an application.

“What are you doing? We do not have time for any of this,” Teyla said sternly.

“I…I know, but this is just in case we get split up for some reason,” Matias said nervously. Knowing what all she had just done back there, made him intimidated.

He could see the confusion in her eyes, “This phone now has a GPS tracking application in it… a Global Positioning System that can…” She raised her eyebrows to show her lack of patience with his detailed explanation.

“Basically I can track you anywhere… as long as you have this phone on you. “

Teyla understood what he was trying to do and she places the phone inside her boot to keep it concealed in case she was recaptured, but she could sense something else was bothering him.

“What else is troubling you?” she asked with a bit of her own concern.

He was afraid to tell her and she sensed it. She knew she had done anything to show her more compassionate side and placed her hand on his upper arm to reassure him that she would not get upset.

“It… it’s the second dose of drugs we gave you,” he hesitantly began.

“What about them?” Teyla questioned, trying to contain her anxiousness. She didn’t want Matias to feel that she was would turn feral on him at a moment notice of any bad news.

“The drug is time released,” Matias answered, but again he can see her uncertainty of what he was trying to say. “It means that the affects of the drug is released slowly to maintain it’s effectiveness over a period of time….and that can happen any time now. “

Teyla was definitely worried now. Despite her effort of forcing any strength she had back where she was being held in order to escape, she didn’t know if she could do that again. She was beginning to feel fatigue, but she didn’t want to show it.

She grabbed Matias by his shoulders and looks at him squarely in his eyes, “You need to remember what I tell you.” Matias nodded his head. “I need you to leave me here and get a hold of the Air Force and ask for General Jack O’Neill. Tell them that it’s urgent and you are helping Colonel John Sheppard. Can you remember that?”

“Yes, but why can’t you come with me? “… Why can’t you just give me my cell phone and I can call….” Matias began to question her, but then he noticed that she was having trouble with staying vertical. He quickly helped her find a place to lean up against.

“The drugs are starting to affect you again aren’t they?” Teyla nodded yes. Matias let out a deep exhale. “Ok. We should find you a safe place to hide you until I get back with help.”

Teyla shook her head no, “I fear we are running out of time. We’ve been in one place far too long… it is only a matter of time before they find me. You must go… go quickly.”

And with that, Matias left, but with deep reservations.

Comment

Got my books in!! Hoping to read some of it tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X