John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
    indeed, 'twas a family reunion, Papa's side of the family and also older brothers wife and her family, and then some cousins too, we took up six campsites in total too!

Now where are my birthday goodies??? I did recive a few happy birthdsay wishes from a few, but that was it >.< If it'll do, could I request one to do a quick sig resize for me?
    Sorry didnt realise it was your birthday.. so no goodies I'm afraid.. but

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY..
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alexandria7 View Post
      I have to say that you guys are awesome. I love our RR. I'm ready to post my latest addition to it. I'm sorry that it's a little long. I had set a good end point plot wise and ended up embellishing a bit on the dialogue and the thoughts. I finished writing it and went to re-read it and thought, 'oh crap, it's huge!' lol. I trimmed it down as much as I could. I hope it's all right. Next time, I won't let myself get carried away listening to my iPod.

Last Time on the RR:
      Part 8: Everlovin

Spoiler:

“This had better be good,” Colonel John Sheppard muttered through gritted teeth as he reached Todd’s cell. John’s eyes narrowed and his nostrils flared slightly as his gaze fell upon the Wraith they called Todd. “I’m not in the mood for any of your games,” he said coldly.

The Colonel’s chilly warning caused everyone, even Rodney to stop dead in their tracks. Sheppard had been distraught the last time Teyla had been kidnapped, but now…distraught didn’t seem to even scratch the surface. It was as if John really loved…Rodney’s thoughts were suddenly interrupted by the powering up of Ronon’s gun.

“Say the word, and we can have a Wraith Barbeque tonight,” Ronon smirked as he pointed his gun at Todd.

Todd merely smiled. He had known the team long enough to know that Sheppard would never…

“Sounds good to me,” the Colonel retorted. “Better start talking or I’m gonna let Ronon start shooting, and I’m pretty sure, it’s not set to stun.”

Todd glanced over to the wide-eyed McKay and came to the same realization that the scientist did only a few moments ago. “It would be foolish to kill me if you want to save the woman you…love.” He smiled.

“Start talking, NOW!” Sheppard said dangerously.

“Teyla has been reaching out to my mind,” Todd finally hissed as he studied the rage-filled man standing before him.

John furrowed his brow for a moment as he carefully considered the Wraith’s words. “Can you see where she’s being held?”

Todd paused, closing his eyes as he tried to re-establish the connection with Teyla’s mind. He remained silent for many minutes, putting John even more on edge.

“Well, can you sense her or not?” Sheppard asked, irritation filling his voice.

“Be patient,” the Wraith merely replied.

“Ronon!” the Colonel signaled the warrior to fire.

Suddenly, Todd raised his hand into the air. “I can sense her,” he said in a low whisper. “She’s okay…for now, but something appears to be interfering with our…connection.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” John asked, glancing back to Rodney in time to see the scientist’s classic ‘don’t ask me shrug’.

“The images and sounds are quite distorted. Maybe her mind isn’t as strong as I thought it was,” he remarked nonchalantly resulting in a stern growl from Ronon.

John sighed heavily. They were wasting precious time. He should be out there, searching for her, not stuck here. Never in his life did he feel as helpless as he did now. Sheppard clenched his fists angrily. God help them if they so much as touched a single hair on her head. Her beautiful head. He inhaled sharply as he closed his eyes allowing his mind to drift back to her smiling face. He loved that smile. And he loved her eyes, God, her mesmerizing dark eyes, so full of warmth. He could stare into her eyes forever. And then there was her voice. The gentle lilt of her infectious laughter was music to his ears. He loved making her laugh.

John found himself smiling as he thought back to her enthusiasm for their shopping adventure mere hours ago. The sweet scent of her perfume flooded his senses as he remembered the softness of her skin when he held her hand. He loved how her hand felt in his. John swallowed hard as he remembered feeling her fingers slip through his and how he’d lost her. He had promised her that she’d be safe with him; she had always been safe with him…until now. Sheppard caressed his fingertips with the pad of his thumb before clenching his hand once more. He couldn’t lose her again. Deep inside his chest, John felt his heart ache. He needed to find her, he needed desperately to take her into his arms, and never let her go. Slowly, John turned his attention back to Todd.

Teyla struggled to focus as she tried desperately to re-connect with Todd. She squeezed her eyes shut in an attempt to block out the events unfolding around her. ‘Why is it so much more difficult this time than before?’ she wondered. She could sense Todd’s mind, if only she could just…

“Don’t worry,” a voice said calmly, breaking her reverie. “Disorientation is a side effect of the compound we gave you. We can’t have you using these items just yet, now can we? At least not until you’re ready.

Teyla arched her eyebrows over towards the voice as she struggled hopelessly against the restraints. “What do you mean?”

“Ah! Excellent!” the man said excitedly, ignoring her question.

Much to her horror, she saw a man holding a sphere-shaped piece of Wraith weaponry that had only been rumored to exist. She recognized it from it’s descriptions in folktales told by many races.

“This piece is quite impressive,” the man said enthusiastically. “I hypothesize that this is a weapon, I’m right, aren’t I?”

Teyla laid there in silence, refusing to answer him.

“Tell me what it does.” He said while holding up the spherical, iridescently glowing, flesh-like object.

“NEVER!” Teyla replied angrily.

“Now now, Teyla, didn’t we already cover the futility of you fighting?” Bates asked as he entered the room.

“I’d rather die than help you!”

“I figured as much. You always did have a flair for the dramatic,” Bates merely said, his lips twisting into a sickening smile. “You see, I planned for that, in fact, I’m certain I can convince you to be very cooperative.”

Teyla watched him curiously, desperately wishing she could slap that expression right off his face.

“You can’t imagine how easy it is for me to walk onto Atlantis with a little help from this handy piece,” he said, pointing to the leather Sodan cloaking device on his forearm. “It’s simple, Teyla, cooperate with us, and your son lives. Refuse, and well, you’ll only have yourself to blame for his death.”

“You’re lying!” Teyla gasped.

“Am I?” Bates asked with a sick smile. “Do you really want to call that bluff?

Teyla could feel the rising panic within her as it traveled from her stomach to place a stranglehold on her heart. She couldn’t breathe. Could he really have Torren? It wasn’t possible, was it? She fought back the tears that threatened to spill. Torren was safe, he had to be. The very idea that Bates could possibly have her son locked away in this filthy place sickened her. She began to feel lightheaded as she choked back a sob. Slowly, she closed her eyes and prayed that her friends would burst through the door at any minute now. John would be there to tell her everything was going to be all right. Mere minutes had passed by the time Teyla opened her eyes again, but for her, it seemed like an eternity. Her heart sank when no one came through the door. Tears slipped past her dark lashes and caressed her cheeks in shimmering trails. “I will help you, just please…please do not harm my son,” Teyla said finally, her voice breaking up as she resolved to do everything possible to re-establish a connection to Todd.

John tapped his finger on the wall impatiently as he watched the silent, unmoving Wraith.

“Colonel Sheppard, I believe I’m close to re-establishing a link to Teyla,” Todd commented quietly without opening his eyes.

“Tell her that I’m coming for her, no matter what it takes,” John replied, his feelings reflected deep within in his eyes.

Suddenly, Todd’s eyes snapped open. “John?” he asked in a strange, slightly feminine tone.
      *claps madly*
      AWESOME!! Just BRILLIANT!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
        indeed, 'twas a family reunion, Papa's side of the family and also older brothers wife and her family, and then some cousins too, we took up six campsites in total too!

Now where are my birthday goodies??? I did recive a few happy birthdsay wishes from a few, but that was it >.< If it'll do, could I request one to do a quick sig resize for me?
        I'll give it a try. PM ME.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jeyla4ever View Post
          *claps madly*
          AWESOME!! Just BRILLIANT!
          Thanks
          sigpic

Happy Holidays!

Comment

Round Robin Part 10:

Spoiler:

John cautiously stepped forward, getting closer to the cell door, as Todd stood up and walked towards him as well. John had an eerie, deja vu feeling wash over him. He recalled when Teyla did the same thing to the Wraith queen that had him, Rodney and Ronon captured and she took over her body to save them….risking her life and the life of her unborn son. He could feel his heart pounding in his chest.

“Teyla?” he said slowly and softly.

A small sigh of relief escaped as she expressed how happy she was to get through to him and see him, “Yes, John. It is me.” She paused briefly. “I cannot speak too long for there are too many here and I fear they will discover what I am doing.”

“Where are you being held?” Woolsey jumped in.

“I am still unsure, but Bates is involved,” Teyla answered with a slightly angry tone to her voice when she mentioned his name.

“Yeah, we know, “ Ronon grumbled.

----------

“What is she doing?” Bates asked one of the men as they observed Teyla from a distance.

“Oh she’s just meditating and probably mumbling to herself”, the agent said non-chalantly.

“You idiot! She’s probably communicating to the Wraith they have on Atlantis to contact Colonel Sheppard,” Bates said quite angrily. “Get over there and stop her. I don’t care if you have to knock her out to do it…. Just do it now!”

But before the agent was able to carry out Bates’ order a well dressed, older man walked in. He had black hair with fine streaks of silver in it, a square jaw and lifeless dark eyes.

“Mr. Parker,” the agent said with surprise and nervousness. “What are you doing here?”

“I came to see my newest addition to my collection, but first I need you to give her another dose, “Parker ordered with an evil tint to his eyes.

“But that could killer her,” the agents uneasily rebuked.

Parker glared at the young man before answering, “I think she can handle it.”

The young agent looked at Bates and Bates nodded his head to confirm the order.

----------

Teyla was surprised, “You know, but how?”

“Right now that’s not important. We need to know where you are so we can find you,“ John interrupted.

“First, I need to know if Torren is with you or not. Bates said that he has him.” Teyla said sadly.

The men all looked at each other curiously. Woolsey quickly clicked on his ear comm. and walked to a quiet side of the room and is a short amount of time he returned with an answer for Teyla.

Woolsey’s eyes told her it was bad news, “Torren is safe and I will make sure to keep Atlantis on high alert for any intruders.”

Teyla gave a sigh of relief, “Thank you, Mr. Wool…..sey…”

Teyla’s voice started to sound weary and weak. They watched as Todd began to lose his balance and fall to the ground. They knew something was wrong with Teyla.

“Teyla!” John yelled as he could feel her presence slip away.

She was gone, no longer in control of Todd and they still had no way of finding her.
            Todd opened his eyes and attempted to stand, but the process of them merging their minds took more out of him then he thought it would so getting up took a little longer.

“Dammit! “ John shouted in frustration. “We still don’t know what is going on or where she’s at…. And I should be out there…”

“John Sheppard,” Todd called out amongst John’s loud rant. “I was able to probe Teyla’s mind as she was talking to you and there are things you need to know.”

Tag Hope.... you're it.

Comment

Awesome, Sci! This RR soo rocks! Everyone is doing such a great job! I bow before your brilliance!
              sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Another excellent addition Sci... well done...
                sigpic

Comment

Sci - Well done on the part of the RR...

Awsome job...this thing is truly keeping me on edge...can't wait to find out what everything will lead to...

Great work everyone...
                  sigpic
                  Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                    Awesome, Sci! This RR soo rocks! Everyone is doing such a great job! I bow before your brilliance!
                    Oh thanks Ev!!! Don't forget that you are part of this brilliance. *bows to you* for this Awesome idea.

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
                    Another excellent addition Sci... well done...
                    Thanks Blue.

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                      Originally posted by NinaM View Post
                      Sci - Well done on the part of the RR...

Awsome job...this thing is truly keeping me on edge...can't wait to find out what everything will lead to...

Great work everyone...
                      Oh thank you Nina.

I'm with you. It's like each section is a cliffhanger.

Comment

I finally caught up with the RR. It's so awesome! Great job, everyone!
                        sigpic
                        Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Fantastic job Sci! I love it! I'm really excited, I can't wait to read the next segment!
                          sigpic

Happy Holidays!

Comment

Thank you both Jess and Alex. I'm really enjoying this one.

Comment

I like the little cliffhangers as a writer because it gives you an idea where to start. The hardest part of any writing for me is the beginning. I'll write up notes for the middle and end but I'll sit for the longest time trying to figure out how to actually start a work. The cliffhanger gives me a direction to go in with a thousand different possibilities of how that direction will play out. I don't think it was planned this way, but it's absolutely brilliant how it all works out so well with one section flowing to the next.
                              sigpic

Happy Holidays!

Comment

I am such a mixed up writer it's not even funny. A lot of times, all I have is a beginning and then a vague idea for the rest of the story. And then others I've got what I want the last line or two to be and no idea how to get there.

So, yeah. Direction helps.
                                sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Working...
                                X