No announcement yet.

John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A reminder that there is a February Challenge going on in Beya that will commence on February 12th. It's for all Artist, Vidders and Writers but mostly for all JT lovers!

Details below.

http://community.livejournal.com/sga_beya/206187.html
    sigpic

Comment

Happy Birthday Everlovin!!!

sigpic

Comment

A few MPs for a few laughs...

sigpic
        Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
          Made an avi a couple of days ago, any ideas for tags and such? I'm finally starting to get the hang of them.
          Well there's...

Spoiler:
          Teyla, I swear that isn't me in that dress.
          And they thought they had seen everything.
          Sometimes, Rodney revealed waaaay TMI
          What do you mean this is the last of the popcorn?

Just a few ideas....
          sigpic
          Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
            *gigglesnort*
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
              Hi Anlaria! Good to see you There is going to be a post season 5 series of books, and the signs are good for JT in them
              OOOOH! I like the sound of that! I'm gonna have to get a few of those.

Originally posted by scifan View Post
              *sneaks in*

Anlaria!!!! Maff!!!!!! **TACKLE HUGS** So glad to see you both. How are you doing??
              SCI! I'm doing good, its been crazy here, but its managed to calm down now. However, I lost all my sigs so I've had to make my own and I lost the link to get them to cycle through. Help?

sigpic
              Sig by me!
              My FanFic's

Comment

Hot Damn! Does that mean you've brought us an update on the outstanding fic : ANCIENT BABY MAKER!

Please,please... say yes! Pretty please with lots and lots of sugar on top!
                1-800-Iluv-JandT
                sig by Sci!

Toll Free..Available 24 HRS...Remember..It can never be too much..

Comment

Well there's...

Spoiler:

Just a few ideas....
                  *giggles*
                  sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by Elflinn View Post
                    Hot Damn! Does that mean you've brought us an update on the outstanding fic : ANCIENT BABY MAKER!

Uh Elf........... take a breath

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                    "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                    "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Elflinn View Post

I am working on a new chapter. And there will be some John/Teyla goodness soon after, if not in the update.

sigpic
                      Sig by me!
                      My FanFic's

Comment

Originally posted by SheppAddictedFangirl View Post
                        Yeah, like they still do on the JFT

That does sound awesomely promising, doesn´t it?

*Bows to SAF!*

Spoiler:

Wait. What are they talking about?! Is that our movie?
                        Our stories continue in books, John.

So, this new writer is a whumper?
                        Yes, I think she is.

Great. So there´s no limit in what this girl will do to us...
                        *Bows to SAF!*
                        1-800-Iluv-JandT
                        sig by Sci!

Comment

Woot!... With Love! *Elfie iz happy!*

I's just lubs Ancient Baby Maker!
                          1-800-Iluv-JandT
                          sig by Sci!

Comment

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m118/yappichick/MPs/th_exterm.jpg
                            [URL=http://s102.photobucket.com/albums/m118/yappichick/MPs/?action=view&current=cake-1.jpghttp://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m118/yappichick/MPs/th_cake-1.jpg[/URL]
                            [URL=http://s102.photobucket.com/albums/m118/yappichick/MPs/?action=view&current=motivator3972835.jpghttp://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m118/yappichick/MPs/th_motivator3972835.jpg[/URL]
                            http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m118/yappichick/MPs/th_peekaboo.jpg
                            Love them....

Well there's...

Spoiler:

Just a few ideas....

Originally posted by Anlaria Onyx View Post
                            I am working on a new chapter. And there will be some John/Teyla goodness soon after, if not in the update.
                            Looking forward to it and great to see you here again...
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                              Cazz: I should be able to do something for JT explosion. Do I just post whatever I make in here on?
                              *sneaks out*
                              Yep, post it on the 15th

Hehe!
                              What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Compiling all the book info together

Death Game information:
                                Spoiler:

Synopsis:
                                Lieutenant Colonel John Sheppard wakes up on an alien world in the wreckage of a Puddle Jumper - and can't remember how he got there. Putting the pieces together, he discovers his team is scattered across a tropical archipelago, unable to communicate with each other or return to the Stargate. Prisoners of the local population, Sheppard and Teyla are taken as tribute to the planet's Wraith overlord, while McKay, Ronon, and Zelenka mount a rescue.
                                Backstory info:
                                Backstory is always one of my favorite things. How did they become who they are? What choices did they make to get here? What is their particular milieu, their particular culture and moment in time that led them to be precisely who they are standing in this place? Often on screen we get tiny, tantalizing glimpses -- of life on Athos, of John's family in "Outcast", of Sateda in the episode of the same name. But there's never time to see more. I'm always left wondering what was around that corner.

In many ways, Death Game is about stories -- the stories we tell about ourselves, and how we use stories to make our place in the universe make sense to us. And so we see a lot of backstory: how Radek came to work for the Stargate program, how Rodney joined the Atlantis Expedition, how Teyla walked through her first Stargate. There are three parallel backstories as well, about how Ronon, Lorne, and John decided to join the military. The last one, a look at John at nineteen, was particularly interesting to write, and drew on a lot of personal experiences. I'm also very fond of Lorne's story, which ties into an SG-1 episode.

There were some little scenes that were wonderful fun -- Rodney and Sam Carter, Radek and Daniel Jackson, John and his mother. I think my favorite may be Teyla's story! But then I love writing Teyla. She's my favorite viewpoint character.
                                Some questions answered:
                                1. Is there much Ronon in this book? A good bit of Ronon, actually. He was one of my favorites in this, because Death Game is set early second season, when Ronon has just joined the team. So he doesn't know these people all that well yet. For example, this is the first time he's worked with Zelenka. Before this they were pretty much strangers. So it was interesting getting a very fresh view, and writing Ronon just beginning to fit into the team.

2. Are there Wraith? Yes. There are Wraith.

3. Are there any new characters introduced who will come back later in other books or be important in the Legacy series? Yes! In one of John's flashback sections we meet an old friend of his from college, Melissa Hocken, who will return in book 3 of Legacy. She's a really fun character, and she's back because my editor loved her so much that she said, "Please put her in Legacy!" So she's turning into a much more important character than I expected.

4. Is there any other backstory that will be important for the Legacy series? Yes to that as well! Legacy has some interesting mysteries, not the least of which is about the true origins of the Wraith, and what happened between the Wraith and the Ancients. In Death Game one of Teyla's stories contains some very important clues, which at that point, early second season, none of the characters know enough to put together! (But the astute reader might....)

5. Is John whumped a lot? Yes, for all whumpers, there is indeed a lot of John whumping in Death Game! He starts off the book with a concussion and amnesia, and it all goes downhill from there! I do have to say if you like bloody and confused John, this is your book. He's really whumped.
                                Cover art: http://jo-graham.livejournal.com/28275.html
                                What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Working...
                                X