No announcement yet.

John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Comment

For Laura

Comment

Something tells me I miss a lot in this thread. Cazz, you're posting too much

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
          "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
          "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
            If you could go back and change just one moment of SGA what would it be. For me it would be Missing, I would have had Teyla on her own and not pregnant. That way Keller wouldn't become a main character and Teyla wouldn't be pregnant, which imho, spoilt her character. The pregnany could have been handled better, but pregnancy so rarely works well in scifi that I'd have preferred them not to include it at all. Teyla could have not been in a few eps because she was looking for her people. Imo, it would have been better for them to just not have Teyla in some eps in S4, than the storyline we got. Not only did it redefine Teyla's character it impacted on the other characters and the show as a whole, it was a lazy way out, that the writers then took on numerous occasions.
            If I could change one moment in SGA history it would be the whole Kanaan thing. I would have just made John the father and been done with it. They were the relationship that was building for all those years and then 'poof' all of a sudden Kanaan is who she cares about. Ugh, just a crappy storyline in my opinion.

Sigs by sarah_jones on Livejournal.
            My FanFiction and LiveJournal

Comment

Originally posted by SGAFirenity View Post
              If I could change one moment in SGA history it would be the whole Kanaan thing. I would have just made John the father and been done with it. They were the relationship that was building for all those years and then 'poof' all of a sudden Kanaan is who she cares about. Ugh, just a crappy storyline in my opinion.
              I agree. Kanaan should never have existed. It just highlighted the writers inability to write for Teyla's character imo... The ptb have complained many times that SGA wasn't realistic enough, but yet when they had an opportunity to delve deeper into both Teylas and Johns characters and give us a realiistic relationship between two great characters.. they were too lazy to bother attempting it and we ended up with some silly fairytale nonsense instead...

Why were they willing to make Rodney a father but John couldnt be.. as you said they had been buidling up John and Teyla's relationship since day one and by the end of season 3 they had almost admitted feelings between the two.. and then as you say "poof" and Kanaan appears from nowhere... sigh..

Just think of the wonderful opportunities to develop both John and Teylas characters... the scene with John in the cockpit with Torren was one of the most beautiful scenes where we saw this whole other side to John... I really think we could have gotten so much more character development for both of them if they had gone with John as the father.... and I don't think John and Teyla admitting their relationship or becoming parents would have effected the team dynamic at all, because both of them could put their feelings aside and never let it intefere with the running of the team... this is why I could never see Shep/Weir ... there is no way Weir could be impartial if she was in a relationship with her second in command....I couldnt see her sending him on dangerous missions and I believe she would let her emotions get in the way of her decision making process..

The other option would be as Cazz said .. dont show the pregnancy at all... Teyla had little enough screentime in season 4 anyway and I would have preferred her not in a few eps as she was out looking for her people and then she could have been back front and centre (well I can dream) in season 5.. and a perfect time for her and John to voice their feelings for each other...

Thanks for all the wonderful caps and icons Cazz
              Last edited by bluealien; 25 January 2010, 01:42 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

For Laura

[U=http://s301.photobucket.com/albums/nn76/LocationPics/Cons/?action=view&current=0005t40r.jpg][IG]http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn76/LocationPics/Cons/th_0005t40r.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
                Cazz! YOU KILL ME!

*runs around*

Paul McGillion is... such a nice man. Pic on my facebook
                don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by gater101 View Post
                  Cazz! YOU KILL ME!

*runs around*

Paul McGillion is... such a nice man. Pic on my facebook
                  Mission accomplished

*runs off to fb*

Comment

You guys have stalkbook?!?!?! !!!!!!! I feel sorry for you guys, seriously I do. no wonder gateworld is missing many users!!!

But I have good news!! I've been slowly but surely plodding along on some of my stories, a few of my stories if you have them on your favorites lists or story alerts list be warned, they may disappear soon, as I'm going through the stories I'm not going ot worry about any more.

Call it spring cleaning if you like

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

They're auctioning off some SG costumes: http://shop.ebay.com/propworx2/m.htm...&_trksid=p4340 there's a Teyla and a Shep outfit.

Comment

Mission accomplished

*runs off to fb*
                        You evil wench Just you wait til we've robbed that bank and are in Vancouver and you're drooling all over Joe again... Just you wait...

Comment

You evil wench Just you wait til we've robbed that bank and are in Vancouver and you're drooling all over Joe again... Just you wait...
                          I'll wait and I'll see you drooling right next to me

Comment

I'll wait and I'll see you drooling right next to me

Fair enough....

Or maybe I will be away hunting down Jason

Comment

Fair enough....

Or maybe I will be away hunting down Jason
                              You will be torn between the two! And Paul

Comment

When did tyhis place become Tortuga?

Comment

Working...
                                X