No announcement yet.

John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its been a long time since ive been here, HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE!!
    part of:
    Unique Bond fansite Graphics Com ShepMagan Icons

wanna sig? pm me and ill make u one

Comment

Originally posted by Sheylafan87 View Post
      It's been a long time...it's good to see you again
      sigpic
      Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Originally posted by LandJrule View Post
        That SOW scene where he asks her is soooo cute! Rachael & Joe played it wonderfully.
        And I love the balcony scene at the end. It really shows how close they are to each other, & that they both really regretted the fact that they'd been arguing ever since she said she was pregnant.

I hated that they were fighting- everytime I watch that scene where she tells him, I always get the urge to go all Gibbs on him & hit him hard on the back of his head. (and I mean REALLY hard! )

John's reaction when he realizes it's Teyla in control of the Queen is priceless- I've always considered it as he kinda knew already, but that "It's me, John" line really confirmed it. (when they're back in their cell after the almost-fed upon moment, John's body language screams that he knows something's up........that he thinks Teyla may be helping them.)

And I love in S&R........well, EVERYTHING! I love his dream, his determination to not let getting her back slip away again. I love how when she hears gun fire she calls "John" not Rodney or Ronon- JOHN. (I know it was P-90 fire, but meh.) Oh, & I just love how she calls her son Torren John. Awww! And his shocked look when the words from his dream are said by her in the Infirmary- it's shock, & then he tries to cover it up! lol!

-----------------------
        OT:
        I've made 712 (13 if you count this one) posts! yay!
        I'm on my way to getting 2,000! It seems like a fair way off now, but I'll make it. We'll have to celebrate when I get to 1,000!

Spoiler:

Rather depressed atm. None of my fav shows are airing atm- they're all on a break. One returns on the 11th. Dunno when Bones will return. SGU's been axed from FTA- so there's no new SG to watch. And SGA S4's finishing this coming Thursday- but I've seen all of them...........*sigh* Depressing times.
        I enjoy all those parts too. I love how he says her name in Queen after she says, "It's me John."

Yeah. Me too. No new shows to watch. Just watched that newest ep for Dr. Who. Gonna miss DT.

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
        !!! You mean you don't know Yipyips??? The Muppets from mars! on Sesame Street?! >.<

Oh, almost forgot, can somebody make This into an icon for me for use here on gateworld? thanks

PS No text, just the picture
        OHHHHH. Them. I'm not sure if I'll be able to find them and I'm not sure if that's their name either. And I should be able to do that icon for you. Something simple

Originally posted by Sheylafan87 View Post
        SHEYLAFAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! **TACKLE HUGS!!!!** Happy New Year to you too.

Comment

Hi guys!!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

Gosh, I'm so behind, I haven't had time for much of anything.

But anywho, couple of news....

First off, Beya is still reeling in with the last pressies, if you haven't been there, please go and check them out. There are all AMAZING and it was so much fun!!!! Once all the pressies are posted, I'll post one entry with all the pressies well organized and post the link here for your convenience. We have our own stars here that participated, like Yappi, Scifan, Mrs. B, Paulie, Ruby, SGAFirenity, padme, Hope24, Cblade and I. I think I got everyone, right? So, go and check out the pretties. We got some amazing things in there and there's still some more coming.

Here's the link to Beya....

http://community.livejournal.com/sga_beya/

Also, Laura or Cazz.. I need one of you to remind me when I'm doing my fic for the VS6. I have to catch up on the fics there too. Please forgive me but between real life and the Secret Elf, I've been swamped.

Cazz and Laura, I'd also like for you guys to post your Secret Santa fics in Beya once you have posted everything in your sites or here. Pretty, please. Thank you!

And one last thing....
          Spoiler:
          one of our JTer shipper is seriously thinking of giving up on this fandom. It saddens me greatly because she's a great writer and a motivator and inspiration to many of us and I know a lot of us enjoy her fics. It's Tielan/Seldear.

She's one of these person that I admire greatly, and although her and I don't always agree on things, I've never expected to agree with everyone and I actually admire her and like her even more because she does that because she's truly one of the few people in fandom that I know that can disagree with me respectfully, openly and still consider me on her friends list. Trust me, that doesn't happen very often in my almost 6 years on this fandom. And I"m talking about people that are from the same ship. So, I just got an email from someone that she posted in her LJ that because the lack of support of her fics in this fandom, she's decided that she's probably not going to write all those fics that she has in mind from SGA. Including JT. That saddens me greatly.
          So, here's what I'm suggesting....those of you who have a LJ and have her as a friend, send her a note in her posting here.....

http://tielan.livejournal.com/420140.html

Some of us are doing a bit more...we are holding a stocking for her and leaving her pressies and all JT pressies of course, so if you'd like to join with that.....here's the link...

http://community.livejournal.com/fan...ing/59323.html

and even better, if you'd like to leave her comments on her fics....just be sure you read the ratings, but here's her profile in ff.net. Of course, check out her JT first!!!

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/813239/tielan

Lastly, I've always encouraged for us to support one another with comments. You guys know that I bombarded you and even got spiffy with you guys for not supporting Beya, most recently with the Beya Exchange. It's sad because only through comments can we tell others how much we love their work and their talents and their love for JT. I know that from personal experience, I started writing and doing my artwork and have improved in both accounts only because of the help and support from my fellow JT shippers here in GW. Those that were here from the start of my journey are mostly gone but I'm still forever grateful for them because it was with them that I continued and still do today. And I thank many of you for that as well.

I realize that we all have our different tastes and likes and dislikes. I realize that we all have our limits to what we can like or not like...I"m not asking you to lie or pretend, but as far as I know, we are all learning here. And yes, there are some that are way better at this that most of us, it still something that we are learning and we can get better at. There are ways to let someone know that they can improve but I'm sure that the fact that they like JT is one bonus in my book as it is...and if that's all you can find good in their work, then at least that's a positive comment. That's just my two cents, of course. Regardless of what you decide as individuals, the JT love is suffering and has always stood on the sidelines in fandom because we've never been able to unite ourselves as one fandom. I thank those that have tried.

I still love you guys though, and I still think I hold the title of thread mommy!

HUGS! and Happy New Year....

*steps down from the podium*
          sigpic

Comment

Happy New Year Everyone!!

I hope everyone had a great Holiday! Just got back in the wee hours of the morning today from visiting family and friends in New York and Connecticut. We had a great time except for one small 8 hr trip in the Emergency Room on Christmas night 2 hrs after we got off the plane thanks to something stuck in my esophagus causing me to not be able to swallow anything even saliva. I threw up for 8 hrs every 5 minutes Not very fun! Everything is ok now, but I need to have a procedure done very soon so it doesn't happen again. All in all we had a great time, but it went by way too quick. Hubby has to stay another week for work. My daughter keeps telling me she wants to move back.

I need to catch up here. RL was way too busy before we left, but now I hope to really look at all the GREAT art that has been posted lately. For me, I have actually (I think) figured out how to load the sig Cazz made for me. This is a huge accomplishment for me!! I am not very good at these things.

Off to catch up....
            sigpic
            Sig made by Cazzblade! Thanks!
            Forever!!

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
              I enjoy all those parts too. I love how he says her name in Queen after she says, "It's me John."

Yeah. Me too. No new shows to watch. Just watched that newest ep for Dr. Who. Gonna miss DT.
              Mmmm, yes. That's why I love both J/T & Joe & Rachael. They're as amazing in RL as their characters.

Spoiler:

Here in Aus, they taunt us with Bones on FTA. We got about 6 or 7 eps into Season 5, only to have them pull it & replace it with Season 2 repeats! grrr! And I've seen all of S2 recently as I have the first two seasons on DVD.

Can't wait till they get into the 3rd Season though- haven't seen those since they aired...........

Hopefully they'll let S2 run till its end, & then bring back the new eps. It's a pity though, the great Stephen Fry is in the next new one- & he's HILARIOUS as the role he plays in it.

EDIT: woot! after tonight's repeat- there's only 4 more eps of S2! YES! fingers crossed S5 comes back after that! (& fingers crossed Castle buggers off)

Also hoping our damn Digital restores that channel- on NYE, if had "weak signal", & hasn't wanted to have it ever since. Missed seeing Kindred double on NYE- I was really looking forward to having it on. Ended up finding out my DVDs from China are in HD for at least those two (haven't check TLM, which is also on that disc- haven't watched it in ages).
              We had to resort to taping Stephen Fry's "Kingdom" on Analogue last night- thank god that's still around!

EDIT: Woot! 714 posts! yay! every post counts I say!
              Last edited by LandJrule; 02 January 2010, 06:29 PM.

Spoiler:

All Sigs Made By Me.

Comment

OHHHHH. Them. I'm not sure if I'll be able to find them and I'm not sure if that's their name either. And I should be able to do that icon for you. Something simple
                Yipyips are cool But that's offtopic, And hurry it up with that icon please, i'm still waiting on Lemming to get me my (unwanted) photoop.....

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by LandJrule View Post
                  Woot! 714 posts! yay! every post counts I say!
                  Unless you post in offtopic, in which case good luck kiddo

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                  "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                  "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Princess Awinita:
                    Spoiler:
                    Sorry about the lost of your pet I know what that feels like.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Glad you're feeling better now Rockhound, hope they sort it out!
                      What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Sorry to hear that your sick hun. I've been sick all week too. Sucks for sure.
                        Love your art hun Awesome job.
                        Oh well I hope we both feel beter soon. What a way to start the new year.

Thanks Cazz. And thanks for the update on the book. Hmmmm. I wonder what has been bothering Shep for so long.
                        I wonder also

Here's another example of how John feels towards Teyla... IMO. They way he yelled her name and they way he looked.... need I say more?

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z259/luvjandt/Wallies/th_Outsiders-JT1.png
                        Ohh, great wallie Sci. However I don't remember that episode, I shall have to rewatch to understand what you mean.

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
                        Actually, no they can't. I think they've changed it recently so that probies can't have sigs, as spammers were putting links in them
                        Yup Cazz is right. When I first started on GW I couldn't have a sig until I got to (I think) it was 50 posts or something like that. Whenever you get out of Probie status you can have sigs.

I'm glad you LOVE your wallpaper LandJRule.

Sigs by sarah_jones on Livejournal.
                        My FanFiction and LiveJournal

Comment

Originally posted by Rockhound View Post

I hope everyone had a great Holiday! Just got back in the wee hours of the morning today from visiting family and friends in New York and Connecticut. We had a great time except for one small 8 hr trip in the Emergency Room on Christmas night 2 hrs after we got off the plane thanks to something stuck in my esophagus causing me to not be able to swallow anything even saliva. I threw up for 8 hrs every 5 minutes Not very fun! Everything is ok now, but I need to have a procedure done very soon so it doesn't happen again. All in all we had a great time, but it went by way too quick. Hubby has to stay another week for work. My daughter keeps telling me she wants to move back.

I need to catch up here. RL was way too busy before we left, but now I hope to really look at all the GREAT art that has been posted lately. For me, I have actually (I think) figured out how to load the sig Cazz made for me. This is a huge accomplishment for me!! I am not very good at these things.

Off to catch up....
                          Oh poor you.. hope you feel better and glad you still enjoyed your stay with your friends...
                          sigpic

Comment

Off to catch up....
                            Oh dear how awful for you. Glad you are feeling better. And you were able to have a good time visiting your family and friends. And the best of luck with the procedure. And Happy New Year!

Alright, guys I popped in because I want your thoughts on this. Do you guys believe John and Teyla may have been aware to some extent of each other feelings? Or maybe feelings isn’t the right word to used? So let say the other’s attraction. We had that moment in TLG. “He cares for you more than you know.” line. The “kiss” in Conversion. We had Teyla’s comments in Sunday. We have Teyla’s dream in Dopplanger when Ronon said something like that I told you so. That would implied he has commented to Teyla before about her and John. Or am I reading that scene wrong? We saw Ronon comment's to John in Sunday about him and Teyla. We have John’s dream in Search and Rescue. Just to name a few scenes.…

So I would love to hear your guys’ thoughts and opinions.

And maybe we can start a list of what scene or moment that had you saying WTF…

One such scene for me is when Ronon told Keller that John wasn’t seeing anyone. I was like huh? I can’t remember the episode at the moment.
                            sigpic
                            Sigs made by the talented Cazzblade, Donna, Jeyla, Linda, Luciana, Mayra, Mrs.B, Padme
                            Scifan, Teylafan, WraithLord & YC & me.

Thanks for the memory to the cast and crew of Stargate Atlantis.
                            WraithLord - R.I.P.

Comment

@SGAFirenity
                              Thanks for the welcome. At least I'm not alone in needing to post more. I'm sure we can get there though. Your art is great, especially that forever pic. Mucho Kudos to you!!

@Bluealien
                              Thanks for the help and the info. My take on John and Teyla is that they were meant to be ever since the cave scene in the pilot. As soon as I saw him put that necklace on her, I knew it! They needed to be a couple at some point. It's sad that we never got to see that happen, only glimpses of it. One of my favorite posts that I read here was from you. It was when you did a recap of the First Contact episode. That was great!

@Hope24
                              I think that it looked like they really showed their love for each other. I think that they both maybe weren't sure about how the other person felt. So, when neither of them made a move - we got Kanaan in the middle of what should have been. *Sigh* Oh, well. I'm still hoping to see them in a movie where they get to reveal their love. I think that Teyla may stay with Kanaan because of Torren John (I love that even though she's with another guy, she still names her son after the man she's really supposed to be with). I don't know, maybe something unfortunate will happen to Kanaan in the movie so they (John and Teyla) can be together....Am I being bad here? I hope saying this doesn't make me too much of a stinker.

@scifan
                              You're Teyla frowny-face made me laugh. Thanks for your help and no apologies needed. No signature priviledges just gives me more of an incentive to post!

@Princess Awinita, NinaM, and anyone I've missed
                              Thanks for helping with answering questions about the avatar/signature stuff. It's nice to be a part of this forum with you. I'm happy to join the group:0)

Comment

Off to catch up....
                                I know we aren't very familiar with each other yet, but I'm sorry to hear about what happened with your esophagus. I hope you get surgery soon and that all goes well with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X