Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scifan View Post
    Beautiful song hun!!!

So, can't promise that it will be a regular post on this story, but I thought I'd give it a try. I'm not going to post in fanfic or anything. Just here for you guys. ❤ Here is just a few paragraphs for starter. It's not the whole chapter.

On the Edge
    Spoiler:

4am and Zelenka catches himself about to doze off in front of the computer screen. He shakes his head and begins to mumble in Czech, with words his mother would wash his mouth out with soap. Rodney somehow tricked him again to take over his shift and this time it was for the annual scanning of all the known active gates in the Pegasus system. Over time they found out that some gates become inactive for unknown reasons. Some of the scientists speculate that it’s either the people on the planet have chosen to deactivate the gate or something catastrophic has happened and the gate was destroyed. Either way, they hope by documenting the changes they can hope to someday visit the planet and find out what happened. Hopefully, none of them will be occupied by the Wraith.
    Suddenly, a flashing gate address appears across the screen. It’s from an address that was previously in the database, but became inactive over a year ago. Now it’s suddenly active again.

“What changed?” Zelenka thought to himself. He was excited at the prospect of them finding out that he almost rushed to call Woolsey on the coms, but then quickly remembered the last time he did that. It was about as early as it was now and since it wasn’t an emergency, Woolsey sternly advised not to call him before 6am.

Please excuse any grammar issues
    It's getting interesting and it's only the first couple of paragraphs. Maybe when the whole story or each chapter, is done you can post it on: https://archiveofourown.org/. If you are wanting a place to put.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Fan Fiction Update: I have written some more in A Wish Yet to Come 3 - The Disappearing Game and about 3 pages in the 1st story in my Post Snatcher Trilogy Stories. I also will be reworking a single SGA fan fiction idea (SGA Fan Fic Idea #6) for the 4th story in my Post Snatcher Trilogy Stories. I have also come up with ideas for A Wish Yet to Come parts 6 (SGA Fan Fic Idea #15) and 7 (SGA Fan Fic Idea #16), I have finally figured out part 5 (SGA Fan Fic Idea #10), originally part 4 in that series, and figured out the new part 4 (SGA Fan Fic Idea #14). I did also figure out more stuff for the 2nd story in my Post Snatcher Trilogy Stories (SGA Fan Fic Idea #12). I do have idea for SGA fan fiction involving goo, but I haven't figured out whether it will be A Wish Yet to Come 8 or the 5th story in my Post Snatcher Trilogy Stories.

All my fan fiction can be found in my Index of Completed Fan Fiction:
      https://planettv1.proboards.com/thre...ed-fan-fiction

Works in Progress:
      • A Wish Yet to Come 3 - The Disappearing Game
      • Part 2 of my Rogue Ancients Quadrilogy
      • 1st story in my Post Snatcher Trilogy Stories
      • Mission Interrupted (SG-1/SGA crossover)
      • Moya and the Stargate (SG-1/Farscape crossover)

Edit: After I made this post, I ended up writing some more in A Wish Yet to Come 3 - The Disappearing Game.
      Last edited by planet_tv; 20 May 2023, 08:33 AM.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Greetings my fellow Sheyla shippers!! Long time no see. I haven't posted on this forum in many many years.

First of all I must share my enthusiasm for this ship, it never faltered over the years and I found myself going back to it recently. I'm in the process of reading The Legacy series again which is an absolute delight, in no small part thanks to the shippy scenes between John and Teyla. So cool. Still can't believe it's canon. After hoping for it for so long.

I have a very random question. Would any of you happen to have kept in their files somewhere the Teyla version of this emoji?

3973951266.gif
        I used to have it and cannot find it. It was created on this forum by a very talented artist, along with multiple J/T goodies. Let me know. And as we say in the French side of the fandom: SHEEYLA POWAAAA!
        art by Pentapus

Comment

I looked in one of the folders I have Stargate smilies in and found this:teyla_droolbanner01.gif

Comment

Oh my word!! This is so cool and funny LOL I love it, thank you so much. Even better than the one I had in mind.
            art by Pentapus

Comment

I can't remember who did the smilie I posted but I think it may have been Zuz or the late Nolamom. Edit: I think it was Zuz because I have seen Sam and Jack ones like that.

I think I did find the one you wanted here: http://www.thescifiworld.net/smilies...s_maincast.htm
              Main page for smilies here: http://www.thescifiworld.net/smilies.htm

There may also be some SGA smilies here, either by Zuz or the late Nolamom: https://forum.gateworld.net/stargate...others-smilies

I do have a some other JT smilies on on my PC if you want those too.
              Last edited by planet_tv; 25 August 2023, 08:32 AM.

Comment

I have been going through the Zuz thread, and looking Zuz and the late Nolamom smilies. So far I have found these:
                John_Teyla_Sweet_Love.gif by Nolomom​​ (link to post with smilie)

Teyla: https://forum.gateworld.net/stargate...e6#post4128782
                Sheppard: https://forum.gateworld.net/stargate...e8#post4152264 and https://forum.gateworld.net/stargate...e8#post4152352
                Shep/Teyla: https://forum.gateworld.net/stargate...12#post4161856

I'm only on page 21 of the Zuz portion of the thread, so if someone happens to go through the Zuz smilies thread ​feel free to post the links to the posts by Zuz that have all the Sheppard ones, Teyla ones and Sheppard/Teyla. I will try to post any links I find when continue to go through the thread and save the ones I want.

Tip for saving smilies in that thread: right click on them and open image in a new tab then it can be saved. I'm mentioning this because the images are on Photobucket and Chrome gave me issues just saving the images by doing save image as.
                Last edited by planet_tv; 26 August 2023, 03:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sariana View Post
                  Greetings my fellow Sheyla shippers!! Long time no see. I haven't posted on this forum in many many years.

First of all I must share my enthusiasm for this ship, it never faltered over the years and I found myself going back to it recently. I'm in the process of reading The Legacy series again which is an absolute delight, in no small part thanks to the shippy scenes between John and Teyla. So cool. Still can't believe it's canon. After hoping for it for so long.

I have a very random question. Would any of you happen to have kept in their files somewhere the Teyla version of this emoji?

3973951266.gif
                  I used to have it and cannot find it. It was created on this forum by a very talented artist, along with multiple J/T goodies. Let me know. And as we say in the French side of the fandom: SHEEYLA POWAAAA!
                  Seriously? They're counting these as canon? Love it!
                  sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

planet_tv Oh you absolute superstar!!!! Thank you so much for taking the time to do this. You are exceptionally kind. I could cry seeing these again. It makes me so happy honestly. It takes me back. I'll add them all in a folder on my cloud so I never lose them again. They are so beautiful and cool and shippy.​ THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! YOU'RE THE BEST!!!

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post

Seriously? They're counting these as canon? Love it!
                    The novels had to be approved by the MGM so I count it as canon. One of the writers did an interview once saying she wanted to give John and Teyla a daughter but they said no LOL. Which is disappointing but at least provides evidence that they were involved in the choice of storylines and approved them finally getting together. The follow-up novels are really good. Even not counting them being officially in love and in a relationship. All the characters get their fair dues and it's very rewarding if you've been invested in all of them. I'm glad they exist considering we were robbed of an official sequel on screen
                    art by Pentapus

Comment

Originally posted by Sariana View Post
                      planet_tv Oh you absolute superstar!!!! Thank you so much for taking the time to do this. You are exceptionally kind. I could cry seeing these again. It makes me so happy honestly. It takes me back. I'll add them all in a folder on my cloud so I never lose them again. They are so beautiful and cool and shippy.​ THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! YOU'RE THE BEST!!!

The novels had to be approved by the MGM so I count it as canon. One of the writers did an interview once saying she wanted to give John and Teyla a daughter but they said no LOL. Which is disappointing but at least provides evidence that they were involved in the choice of storylines and approved them finally getting together. The follow-up novels are really good. Even not counting them being officially in love and in a relationship. All the characters get their fair dues and it's very rewarding if you've been invested in all of them. I'm glad they exist considering we were robbed of an official sequel on screen
                      You're welcome for the links. I figured I would just go ahead and go through the Zuz thread. This way I can save the ones I want, so I can have the majority of them.

As for the Legacy Novels, I really want to read them, but I am in the middle of reading SGA's The Chosen. I do need to read some more of it so I can finish it, and move on to a Star Trek novel, as I'm going back and forth between Stargate and Star Trek, but I have been more in the mood to work on my Stargate fan fiction. Since I have been working on my fan fiction, SGA's A Wish Yet to Come 3 - The Disappearing Game is almost finished and will have plenty of / especially the bit I have yet to write.

Edited my post here, because the Nolamom smilie wasn't showing up, but it is now. 2 Zuz smilies that were in the post weren't showing up either, but since they can be found in the links I have been posting, I removed that bit of the table.
                      Last edited by planet_tv; 26 August 2023, 03:27 AM.

Comment

Definitely worth a read. I haven't read the last one yet, I'm rereading all the others before doing that.

Thank you so much, truly! I adore them. You've made my year!!
                        art by Pentapus

Comment

So I need to get crackin' in reading them. I started. Re the first 4 books. I got busy and never got back to the rest.
                          sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

These 2 short stories that are a part of Homeworlds (SGX-6) take place after Part 8 - The Third Path:

SGA The Mysteries of Emege by Jo Graham
                            SGA Worshipper by Melissa Scott

If someone happens to read these could you please let me know which one comes first, as I plan on reading the short stories in a timeline order for this book as well as the other 2, and these 2 stories are the only ones that don't have Possible Order to Read number.
                            Last edited by planet_tv; 26 August 2023, 11:40 PM.

Comment

I confess I had no idea these short stories existed! I looked it up but I'm unsure about the order, you're quite right. I'm excited though! Especially the one about the Athosians. I'm so grateful these stories exist. I'll have to see if I can message the authors to share my enthusiasm.
                              art by Pentapus

Comment

Working...
                              X