No announcement yet.

John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extending the challenge again by request. This will be the last extension. Entries now due by the 11th noon your time.

Next week we'll begin a mystery pair challenge! Stay tuned for details.
    sigpic
    Sig and Avi by by AFA Secret Santa Josiane. Thank you.

Comment

Challenge #111

A couple of notes before we get to this weeks challenge.

First, slizzie will posting the entries from last week's challenge #110 Memory later today. Stay tuned!

Second, if you are interested in *next* weeks challenge which will run Monday July 25- Monday August 1st, PM me. We will be doing pairs next next week! I need to know NOW [before Monday] if you want to do the challenge because I will matching you up in pairs. You and your partner will decide what art to make. You will pick something for your partner and your partner chooses for you! It will help if you are honest and tell them what you like/don't like, and what you think you need to work on. Push your partner to try something new or different, but be nice! They will be doing the same for you!

This week's challenge is also a mystery challenge in a way. You have 3 choices:

1. Pick a color. Orange, green, or black.
      2. Pick a number. 2, 4, or 17.
      3. Pick an inspiration word. Hope, Dream, or Wisdom.

Entries are due to me by noon your Monday July 18. Let me know ASAP if you want to be in the pairs challenge!
      sigpic

Comment

Challenge #110 - Memory

RodneyIsGodney

slizzie1986

(Pics from Broadway.com)
        sigpic

Comment

An announcement regarding the Art Challenges: Copter and I have decided we’re going to take a break on the challenges until some time mid to late August. So for about a month or so there won't be any new challenges.

We when come back we will start with the pair challenge again. It is still open for sign up. If there is more interest we could start back sooner.
          sigpic

Comment

Art Challenge is coming back Monday September 12th!

That's right! We took a break for the summer but now it's time to dust off Gimp and PS and pencils whatever you use to make art or write fan fic!

The first challenge [if we get enough people to sign up!] will be a pairs challenge. You will be assigned a partner, and each team will either collaborate together on a project, or encourage each other to start [and/or] finish a project. If you are interested, please let me or slizzie1986 know asap!

If you don't have enough signups for the pairs challenge, we'll have a backup challenge. If there is no interest through this month, we will have to stop the challenges.

Stay tuned!
            sigpic

Comment

Art Challenge 2.0

The art challenge is back! I hope everyone had a great summer! Mine was ridiculously busy and hot, with no signs of cooling off anytime soon. Ugh!

We had a few sign ups for the pairs challenge, but we are extending it until next week if you still want to sign up. Just let me or slizzie 1986 know by Sunday September 18th so we can match up pairs and you can get started on Monday the 19th!
              For the pairs challenge, you will be paired up with someone and you will either motivate and cheer each other on to finish a long lingering project that has been festering, or you can collaborate together on a new and exciting project!

For this week's challenge, let us dust off our Gimp or PS or whatever program you use. Some may be rusty, out of practice, or your muse is still on vacation. Let's take it slow and ease back into art {or fan fic}. Make some art [or fan fic] about a new show you are excited about coming to TV this fall. Either a returning favorite, or a new show you can't wait to see. Please include the title of the TV show somewhere in the art.

Entries are due to me by noon your time Monday September 19th.
              sigpic

Comment

Art Challenge #113

I know I am a day early, but I will be out of the house all day tomorrow so lucky you, you get an extra day on this challenge! You still have time to enter last weeks challenge [the TV show you are looking forward to this fall]. I will post those entries tomorrow evening.

For this week, we are going to do a technical challenge. {We also have a behind the scene pairs challenge. If you signed up for that, you have already been PM'd and you have your partner. If you have a partner, you can still do this challenge as extra, OR with your partner, whatever you two decide.} For the rest of us.....

This week you have a choice.

1. make 2 icons [either 100x100 or 110x110 or 120x120] that somehow match. Either same pic, same colors, both are split half&half, both are B&W, whatever you think means "matching".

2. for those of you that despise icons and won't even try them make some art that focuses on 'negative space'.

You can also do both challenges, make icons that include negative space. The more art the better!!

Entries due to me by noon your time Monday September 26th.
                sigpic

Comment

Art Challenge #112
                  TV shows we are waiting for this fall

Libero

slizzie1986

copter

MSusy

Everlovin
                  from Poldark

sigpic

Comment

Art Challenge #114

I come bearing this week's prompt. Copter will be by later with last week's entries.

For this week’s challenge we will be working on Posters. They can be of Shows\Characters\Ships or whatever else tickles your fancy.

Please PM me with your entries by noon the Monday the 3rd.
                    sigpic

Comment

Challenge #113
                      Icons/negative space/pairs challenge

JadedWraith

Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse

Wallpaper

JadedWraith/slizzie1986
                      pairs/icons/coloring

FalconHorus/slizzie1986
                      pairs
                      Slizzie and FH made a signature with matching icons, starring Tricia Helfer as Six from Battlestar Galactica.

sigpic

Comment

Art Challenge #114
                        Posters

mrscopterdoc

For the fic Unexpected on AO3 by Amara D'Angeli.

slizzie1986

Halo Brush Credit
                        Last edited by slizzie1986; 03 October 2016, 09:59 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Art Challenge #115

This week let's have some AU fun. The challenge should you choose to accept it is to use an alternate universe in your work. It could be one the show has presented or one that you just want to work with.

Happy Gimping/Photoshoping/Writing.
                          Last edited by slizzie1986; 03 October 2016, 10:11 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

*****art challenge extended*****

Due to Hurricane Matthew and power outages, slizzie asked me to post for her and extend the challenge. Hopefully she [and everyone else!] gets their power back on quickly!

Art challenge #115 use an alternate universe in your work.

Entries due to slizzie Monday October 17th.
                            sigpic

Comment

Art Challenge #116

slizzie will be by later to post the entries for the AU challenge.

This week we will work on textures. Use the 3 textures below, either all 3 or just one or any combo you want/need. Use them as the background or as an overlay or however you want to incorporate them into your art.

Spoiler:

Entries due to me Monday October 24th.
                              sigpic

Comment

Art Challenge #114
                                AU: Alernate Universe

For the fic In Washington by Amara D'Angeli.

mrscopterdoc

slizzie1986
                                Graceland as a hospital

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X