No announcement yet.

John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry. Got half way reading RR and got caught up with RL again. *headdesk* Maybe next week will be quieter.

Comment

I understand totally.

Teenagers and babies around here take up LOTS of time.
      sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Re-watching a couple of SGA episodes and getting my Sheyla fix!
        sigpic
        Fun fan fic . Check it out at stargatenexus.com or on FF.net

Comment

I call them Joyla in my head, but the love is wonderful!

Which eps are you watching?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DJsGirl View Post
            Re-watching a couple of SGA episodes and getting my Sheyla fix!
            I think I'm going to do my first full rewatch of the series. I'll probably be posting in here some because of that too.

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I watched Phantoms, Return I and II today. Wonderful bits of John/Teyla shippy there.
              sigpic

Comment

Hi folks. Just wanted to say Hi and express my appreciation for the Teyla/Shep romance. Felt that at the end of the series, this was perhaps the biggest disappointment I had (that we never got to see them together).

The whole Kanaan debacle really destablised the show for me. Why they couldn't have just put Shep and Teyla together then I will never know. Anyways, I'm about to undertake my first fanfiction project and was wondering whether this was the best place to ask for advice (it will have an underlying Teyla/Shep theme throughout).

Thanks.

Comment

Welcome to you!

We've all complained at one time or other over how SGA ended and the whole Kanaan thing. It was very disappointing. Although some tidbits about the movie that never was has given us some renewed hope.

Good luck on your fic! Let us know how we can be of any help! Including links when it's finally done so we can read!
                  sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the welcome!

I've been reading a little of Joe Mallozzi's blog about the movie and it makes me just a little sadder that we never got to see it, though I really liked where it was heading. If there's one thing sci-fi teaches us, its don't believe its impossible. I'll still cling to the remotest possibility it might still be made.

Thanks! I've gone ambitious with it and am trying to complete an entire sixth season of twenty "episodes". I'll be sure to post the link when I've completed episode one.

Comment

You are a far braver person than I am. I have one fic that is about 6500 words and that took me nearly a year to write.

I look forward to your stories!
                      sigpic

Comment

Its gone to take me a while for sure but I can't be dealing with that ending so I'll write a better one. I've got an over-view of each "episode" almost complete, what would be the best way to post it on here? A link to my blog site or just directly?

Sorry I'm still relatively new to this.

Comment

There's a character limit for posts so you'd better give us the link to your blog. You could set up an account at fanfiction.net or ArchiveofOurOwn. Not sure if that's a .com or a .net. You can get lots of reviews at either site.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                            Yeah, I watched Phantoms, Return I and II today. Wonderful bits of John/Teyla shippy there.
                            I'll have to watch the Return episodes again for that, but I love the role reversal in Phantoms. Teyla takes the lead and takes care of John when he's incapacitated. That was very nice. That and "I'm sorry for shooting everyone."

Originally posted by VerbalCascade View Post
                            Hi folks. Just wanted to say Hi and express my appreciation for the Teyla/Shep romance. Felt that at the end of the series, this was perhaps the biggest disappointment I had (that we never got to see them together).

The whole Kanaan debacle really destablised the show for me. Why they couldn't have just put Shep and Teyla together then I will never know. Anyways, I'm about to undertake my first fanfiction project and was wondering whether this was the best place to ask for advice (it will have an underlying Teyla/Shep theme throughout).

Thanks.
                            I think we have to enjoy it for what it was and for the fact that it was at least established that John wanted her, and not just in a sexual way. It was hinted at that she wanted him too. They started out as friends that had an attraction, and it grew from there. I really liked that. Kanaan had a lot of potential that I don't think he lived up to because he was kind of one dimensional. I think her relationship with him could have been a way to know more about Athosian culture and about Teyla as their far away leader. That didn't happen, though, which is too bad. It's not often you get a story like that on television and I think they just glided past it.

I did expect that she would end up with John eventually, if the show had gone on. And it would have been all the more richer by that time because of all that they had gone through together to be able to get there. They weren't, and would not have been, your average couple, and I liked that. I don't think I've ever seen a couple like them before, and I don't know when or if I'll see another one similar to them. The one good thing about Atlantis was that it had so many different and good "untapped" themes going on that just never got "tapped."

I hope you have a great time tapping into some of that with your writing. Links would be best, and I'll be happy to read your first episode. Everlovin's suggestions about fanfiction.net and AO3 are good too.

Welcome.

sigpic

Comment

Return I has my all time favorite shippy moment for John/Teyla.

It's so intimate and so wonderful!

I hadn't thought of Phantoms as a role reversal before. It'd be interesting to watch it with that eye on it.

"I'm sorry for shooting everyone" Great line.

And I think that they would have gotten together if tptb had grown a backbone at the beginning of S3 and gone that way with Teyla's pregnancy.
                              sigpic

Comment

^Oh, that's right! I don't know how I could forget that scene. It was very nice, and touching.

I think they just weren't sure about what they wanted to do, and it showed. Well, maybe that's not fair. I think I read that most of the producers wanted to go that way, but one of them held the others back. So, I don't know. Honestly, I just wish they had done more for everyone over all. Of course, I think Teyla got the short end of it, but in a way, Sheppard (and Ronon, etc.) did too.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X