John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scifan View Post
    Perfect time was right when she came to him and they hugged. She could've ask for consoling and they could've went from there.... kinda cliche, but I wouldn't mind.
    They both lost so much. Carson, Weir and then Kate. Plus John felt guilty for bringing it to Atlantis. Love and Comfort... a great combo.
    Yep, all that! That would be the perfect time for them to be together.
    sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Exactly!!! Would've loved to see John's face and how he would act around her. If he was nervous and protective when the baby wasn't his... imagine what it would be like when Torren was his. Lord have Mercy.

Comment

Exactly!!! Would've loved to see John's face and how he would act around her. If he was nervous and protective when the baby wasn't his... imagine what it would be like when Torren was his. Lord have Mercy.
        It would have made a lot more sense than digging up some guy we'd never heard of before. But they were chicken.
        sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

So true and without a backstory about Kanaan and Teyla's relationship I felt they forced it down our throats. And how they tried to make it like everyone knew, but John... seriously?? How lame!

Comment

So true and without a backstory about Kanaan and Teyla's relationship I felt they forced it down our throats. And how they tried to make it like everyone knew, but John... seriously?? How lame!
            It didn't make any sense. Suddenly there's this guy and nobody's heard of him in three years and then suddenly boom? And then after a couple of episodes he's gone again and Teyla keeps telling everyone "he is with our people." Sounds like a breakup to me! (Have you seen the way the breakup is done in the books? What did you think?)
            sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Originally posted by Artie View Post
              It didn't make any sense. Suddenly there's this guy and nobody's heard of him in three years and then suddenly boom? And then after a couple of episodes he's gone again and Teyla keeps telling everyone "he is with our people." Sounds like a breakup to me! (Have you seen the way the breakup is done in the books? What did you think?)
              Exactly!!! Lame. Lame. Lame. And he wouldn't risk his life to save her and their unborn child. John was injured and was willing to get court martial to get her... Plus the dream.... True Hero.

*hangs head in shame* Got the first 2 books, but haven't taken the time to read them.

Comment

Exactly!!! Lame. Lame. Lame. And he wouldn't risk his life to save her and their unborn child. John was injured and was willing to get court martial to get her... Plus the dream.... True Hero.

*hangs head in shame* Got the first 2 books, but haven't taken the time to read them.
                Yeah. I think it was pretty clear who loved Teyla right there!

Spoiler:
                When they get back to the Pegasus galaxy and Teyla goes to New Athos with Torren, Kanaan says, "So, are you staying?" And Teyla says, "oh, you know, so much going on, so busy, so dangerous, not today, another time." And Kanaan says, "That's what you always say. That's what you've been saying for a year. Not today. But it's pretty clear to me what you mean. You're not staying, and you're not giving up the gate team and Atlantis. You're never coming back to live here. And I'd appreciate it if you were honest with me about that." Teyla says, "Um." Kanaan says, "So. If you're not actually planning to come back and live here and be with me, then I want you to release me. It's not fair to keep me sitting here waiting while you keep putting me off. So. That's it."
                sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Yeah. I think it was pretty clear who loved Teyla right there!

Spoiler:
                  When they get back to the Pegasus galaxy and Teyla goes to New Athos with Torren, Kanaan says, "So, are you staying?" And Teyla says, "oh, you know, so much going on, so busy, so dangerous, not today, another time." And Kanaan says, "That's what you always say. That's what you've been saying for a year. Not today. But it's pretty clear to me what you mean. You're not staying, and you're not giving up the gate team and Atlantis. You're never coming back to live here. And I'd appreciate it if you were honest with me about that." Teyla says, "Um." Kanaan says, "So. If you're not actually planning to come back and live here and be with me, then I want you to release me. It's not fair to keep me sitting here waiting while you keep putting me off. So. That's it."

Why couldn't they do something like that before the end of the show.

Comment

Why couldn't they do something like that before the end of the show.
                    I wish!
                    sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

It would have made a lot more sense than digging up some guy we'd never heard of before. But they were chicken.
                      *BRAWWk*
                      sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                        *BRAWWk*

Comment

I think it has a lot to do with the conventional wisdom that for a male main character to be interesting to the all-important male viewer he has to be single and "playing the field." A male main character who is in an established relationship is boring and "just a dad" to the young male viewer. I think this conventional wisdom is wrong. I don't think the 20-40 male viewer is as shallow as that, and I don't think that male main characters who were "players" have gone over well in other shows, not even with that demographic. But the conventional wisdom persists.

I think there's a feeling that John would have been perceived as boring and unmanly if he were in an established relationship and a father.
                          sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

And here I thought scifi was all about pushing the boundries. Including those of what is "conventional wisdom" or not.

There are plenty of shows out there with a strong male lead that doesn't sleep around nor is implied they sleep around.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                              And here I thought scifi was all about pushing the boundries. Including those of what is "conventional wisdom" or not.

There are plenty of shows out there with a strong male lead that doesn't sleep around nor is implied they sleep around.
                              I agree! But there is this idea that having the male lead in an established relationship diminishes his attractiveness to a key demographic. That having John get together with Teyla would make John less popular as a character and that quite simply the fans would object.

I don't know. Do you think the reaction to John and Teyla getting together in the books is supported or objected to by fans? That's really the measure, isn't it?
                              sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

I haven't had a chance to read the books. One of these days I'll have money.

Personally, I think a man in love is very sexy. As an avowed non Shep thunker, I thought he was sexier when he was looking at Teyla, flirting with Teyla, and loving Teyla.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X