• Show
Clear All

sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Oh thanks for the wonderful pic spam!!!
        One must always be improbable – Oscar Wilde sigpic

Comment

We were so close to 118,000 I just had to!
          sigpic

Comment

everlovin' i tried to give you some love but apparently i love you too much, and the other's are feeling neglected.
            don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by gater101 View Post
              Once upon a time, in a galaxy far away

There was a fair maiden, who lived quite out the way

Along came a Major whom Kolya had beat

And quickly swept her off of her feet.

Five years later, it all went to pot

As he got called home with the rest of the lot.

The fair maiden, well she was heart-broken and more

And wondered if she could sneak back with them amongst their store.

So she went to her Major and he insisted she stay

"I'll get McKay to think of another way!"

But the fair maiden, he couldn't convince

For McKay was distracted by the cooking of mince.

They approached a young soldier, by the name of Evan Lorne

he knew of a way to get Teyla aboard.

So they beamed her up into a dart

And John thought he'd die from the strain on his heart

But upon their arrival on good old Earth-land

They beamed her out and he asked for her hand.

Their wedding was quick, their nupitals sweet

And soon there was the patter of tiny little feet...

And this, my friends, is not a story of woe

But the story of love, found not long ago.

Let us mind this, not seasons four nor five

And let us keep this way their true love, alive!
              Okay, I know it's crass to quote oneself from like... two years but ago but SERIOUSLY? did I write this? I didn't know that I could, ahahaha.
              don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

Beya Members,

Spoiler:
                First of all, please forgive me for my absence. I'll post something later on in my LJ if you'd like more details. So, I'm not ignoring your works, I just haven't been around much.

Still, I haven't given up on Beya or on you guys and I thank those of you who continue to post your beautiful works, recs, and events around the web.

I'm going to try something new in Beya and hopefully, you guys will play along.

At least three times a year, or more, I will open the community for members to post their own challenges, contests, events and what not. For one month, you'll be able to run your very own challenge and you get to post whatever you want without the moderators or this administrator's intrusion. Hence the banner, OH LET ME BE!

I'm hoping you guys will come up with some great challenges, contests, events, and what not so that we can continue to post our love and our talent, sharing our love for John and Teyla.

So, right now I'm looking for at least two volunteers willing to post a challenge, event, contest, or whatnot for a month. This can be fic, artwork, videos, anything and everything that showcases John and Teyla.

Still, there always has to be some rules to follow:

1. Those running event have to be members and have posting access in Beya.
                2. Event will run for an entire month alloted by this administrator.
                3. In the event of additional time needed, it must be approved by this administrator
                4. All events have to promote original works.
                5. All entries have to follow Beya guidelines and rules and posting format.
                6. In the event that any entries or challenges don't meet Beya's rules and guidelines or any content not appropriate to this community, this administrator has the right to delete and end entry, challenge/event.
                7. Two or more members are allowed to run an event.
                8. There are no limits to the number of events you can run; however, I do want to see a variety of people run events.

For now, I'll just do this till the end of 2012 and if people like this idea I'll continue it for next year and on.

In the event that you want me to view or read your idea first before posting it, that's up to you and I'd be more than glad to give you feedback, but the idea is that for one month, you get to run your very own John and Teyla event in Beya.

Sounds like fun, right?

Okay, here are the months that are open for this year. Sign up for the month that you wish and once I give you the okay, you can start announcing your challenge whenever you are ready.
                For now, I'd like an event run by a member to close the summer and the beginning of fall.

1. August 2012
                2. October 2012

Shivi and I will conclude with Season 1 event by the end of July. We will start Season 2 in September and then the 4th Annual Beya Secret Elf Exchange will run in November - December 2012.

Can't believe the year's going by so fast!

Let the love of John and Teyla continue!
                sigpic

Comment

LOOOVE the picspam Ever....I've always thought this is John's way of proposing to Teyla.

And another confirmation by J.Mallozzi that John and Teyla were simply meant to be.
                  sigpic

Comment

I went and started reading Joe Mallozzi's memories of SGA and lookit what I found on his reference to The Long Goodbye! Both suggestions hint to one fact: John and Teyla were in love with each other. Now, why does this make me happy and sad at the same time?

"There is one interesting suggestion late in the episode when Teyla has Thalen/Sheppard lined up for the kill shot. As Thalen faces certain death, he informs her: ” If you kill me, you’re killing him. He cares for you more than you know.” Thalen, of course, has access to Sheppard’s memories and thoughts, so the question here is “Is Thalen saying this because John believes Teyla loves him? Or is he saying this because John loves Teyla?”. Intriguing."
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gater101 View Post
                      everlovin' i tried to give you some love but apparently i love you too much, and the other's are feeling neglected.
                      I love you too, dearheart!

Originally posted by Jeyla4ever View Post
                      http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/4422/letmebe.th.jpg

Beya Members,

Spoiler:
                      First of all, please forgive me for my absence. I'll post something later on in my LJ if you'd like more details. So, I'm not ignoring your works, I just haven't been around much.

Still, I haven't given up on Beya or on you guys and I thank those of you who continue to post your beautiful works, recs, and events around the web.

I'm going to try something new in Beya and hopefully, you guys will play along.

At least three times a year, or more, I will open the community for members to post their own challenges, contests, events and what not. For one month, you'll be able to run your very own challenge and you get to post whatever you want without the moderators or this administrator's intrusion. Hence the banner, OH LET ME BE!

I'm hoping you guys will come up with some great challenges, contests, events, and what not so that we can continue to post our love and our talent, sharing our love for John and Teyla.

So, right now I'm looking for at least two volunteers willing to post a challenge, event, contest, or whatnot for a month. This can be fic, artwork, videos, anything and everything that showcases John and Teyla.

Still, there always has to be some rules to follow:

1. Those running event have to be members and have posting access in Beya.
                      2. Event will run for an entire month alloted by this administrator.
                      3. In the event of additional time needed, it must be approved by this administrator
                      4. All events have to promote original works.
                      5. All entries have to follow Beya guidelines and rules and posting format.
                      6. In the event that any entries or challenges don't meet Beya's rules and guidelines or any content not appropriate to this community, this administrator has the right to delete and end entry, challenge/event.
                      7. Two or more members are allowed to run an event.
                      8. There are no limits to the number of events you can run; however, I do want to see a variety of people run events.

For now, I'll just do this till the end of 2012 and if people like this idea I'll continue it for next year and on.

In the event that you want me to view or read your idea first before posting it, that's up to you and I'd be more than glad to give you feedback, but the idea is that for one month, you get to run your very own John and Teyla event in Beya.

Sounds like fun, right?

Okay, here are the months that are open for this year. Sign up for the month that you wish and once I give you the okay, you can start announcing your challenge whenever you are ready.
                      For now, I'd like an event run by a member to close the summer and the beginning of fall.

1. August 2012
                      2. October 2012

Shivi and I will conclude with Season 1 event by the end of July. We will start Season 2 in September and then the 4th Annual Beya Secret Elf Exchange will run in November - December 2012.

Can't believe the year's going by so fast!

Let the love of John and Teyla continue!
                      Dearheart, it does sound like fun, but I can't do anything right now. Just got word that my granddaughter is worse. Next few months are up in the air.

LOOOVE the picspam Ever....I've always thought this is John's way of proposing to Teyla.

And another confirmation by J.Mallozzi that John and Teyla were simply meant to be.
                      Isn't it great!

I went and started reading Joe Mallozzi's memories of SGA and lookit what I found on his reference to The Long Goodbye! Both suggestions hint to one fact: John and Teyla were in love with each other. Now, why does this make me happy and sad at the same time?

"There is one interesting suggestion late in the episode when Teyla has Thalen/Sheppard lined up for the kill shot. As Thalen faces certain death, he informs her: ” If you kill me, you’re killing him. He cares for you more than you know.” Thalen, of course, has access to Sheppard’s memories and thoughts, so the question here is “Is Thalen saying this because John believes Teyla loves him? Or is he saying this because John loves Teyla?”. Intriguing."
                      I'd been seeing these! Loving all the John/Teyla love hinted throughout!
                      sigpic

Comment

"Oh WOW!! Love seeing this in JM's blog. Note that he said, "love"...not "likes a lot". Thalen could see the conflict that Teyla was going through, but I think that Thalen said it knowing how John felt for her. Even Phebus(sp) made the comment that she wasn't surprised that Teyla was the one that caught John. Obviously, Weir knew how much they knew each other..... Well enough for Teyla to catch him.
                        Yes, they dropped the ball when Rachel got pregnant,but I have no doubt that if the show continued they would've had them back on track. I think at least Rachel wanted that. Remember her "dot dot dot" comment? LOL

Jeyla. My PC is down. So, no art.... Sorry.

Comment

Here's another episode that Mallozzi comments on.

The events of the last episode pay off in this one. Carry-over! I love it! As the retrovirus Ellia transferred to Sheppard courses through his system, John becomes a superman – of sorts. He’s fast, agile, strong – and suddenly possessed of a positively savage attitude. One of the episode’s most interesting moments sees Sheppard sparring with Teyla. Things get a little out of hand and, the next thing you know, he’s kissing her. She lets him down – painfully. Now, the question arises: Did the retrovirus make him act instinctually and wholly out of character or did it strip him of his inhibitions and lead him to act on some deep-seeded yearning? In other words: Sheyla or not?

Personally, I always thought there was great potential there and even the suggestion of romantic feelings. Although never pursued, it was always a possibility – until the Rachel Luttrell, the actress who played Teyla, became pregnant. At that point, we were faced with several creative avenues, one of which involved making John the father. And, while it certainly would have made for some fine drama, the prospect of a secret affair would, it was argued, undermine both characters. But more on that topic when we hit season 4.
                          Hmmmm. What do you guys think? I think it stripped down his inner feelings. If it was just kissing a woman thing then he would've done it to other women as well. Plus he said, "Interesting." You can see.... though very brief... that Teyla was kissing back, until he got a bit more aggressive. I think that was what he was referring too. She could've knocked him on his feet and kicked his can, but she didn't.... why??? Hmmmmmm???

And I personally think that they could've done it without them call it a "secret" relationship. Doppelganger was the perfect way to bring that all in. One night of comfort and a night of passion. Look how well Bones has done it with Booth and Brennan. They didn't get into details of what happened and as she went through her pregnancy we saw and over protective Booth. It could've worked here.... Especially since John found out he was over protective... and Jealous. Why was he jealous if he didn't have feeling for her??? They dropped the ball and it didn't happen, but we know they were leading up to it. Commentary on Sunday definitely proved that.

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                            And I personally think that they could've done it without them call it a "secret" relationship. Doppelganger was the perfect way to bring that all in. One night of comfort and a night of passion. Look how well Bones has done it with Booth and Brennan. They didn't get into details of what happened and as she went through her pregnancy we saw and over protective Booth. It could've worked here.... Especially since John found out he was over protective... and Jealous. Why was he jealous if he didn't have feeling for her??? They dropped the ball and it didn't happen, but we know they were leading up to it. Commentary on Sunday definitely proved that.
                            Agreed! Doppelganger is the point where this needs to go. And they knew Rachel was pregnant then. They needed to go ahead and get them together at the end of Doppelganger, and then have to deal with it.
                            sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Originally posted by Artie View Post
                              Agreed! Doppelganger is the point where this needs to go. And they knew Rachel was pregnant then. They needed to go ahead and get them together at the end of Doppelganger, and then have to deal with it.

Perfect time was right when she came to him and they hugged. She could've ask for consoling and they could've went from there.... kinda cliche, but I wouldn't mind.
                              They both lost so much. Carson, Weir and then Kate. Plus John felt guilty for bringing it to Atlantis. Love and Comfort... a great combo.

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                                Here's another episode that Mallozzi comments on.

Hmmmm. What do you guys think? I think it stripped down his inner feelings. If it was just kissing a woman thing then he would've done it to other women as well. Plus he said, "Interesting." You can see.... though very brief... that Teyla was kissing back, until he got a bit more aggressive. I think that was what he was referring too. She could've knocked him on his feet and kicked his can, but she didn't.... why??? Hmmmmmm???

I agree that "secret" would not have worked, but they didn't need secret. I personally think it could likely have been a night of grief after losing Elizabeth, or Kate, or something like that. And them then moving forward from there. Either romance or "oh, wow! We're going to be parents. What now?"

Originally posted by Artie View Post
                                Doppelganger would have been perfect timing!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X