John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scifan View Post
    Exactly!!! Another reason to love JT. It's the real them... no retro-virus... no alien possesion... Just John and Teyla.
    Yup - and I love how at ease they've always been with intimate contact.. John in particular is not a touchy feely sort of guy, but yet he's never had a problem with being up close and personal with Teyla.. We havn't seen him so at ease with anyone else.

forgot to say what I would've like to see or have seen for JT.

I would've love to have John actually fight for his life... in the infirmary struggling and Teyla by his side. They did some wonderful "close calls" in SGA for Sam and Jack and would've love to seen that in SGA. John got whumped... sure, but then he was fine way too quickly. I think they should've shown at least one ep when he had to totally rely on his team.... 38 min was the only ep like that and I wish they did more... IMO. Add to the drama... and of course more UST.
    I don't think we ever really got any reprecussions or any hurt comfort for John from his team. I know the writers didn't want to portay their hero like that as they saw it as a weakness... just showed how clueless they were at times..

In EatG, Ronon was able to say that where ever they were Atlantis was his home... I would've loved to see a similar moment for John and Teyla.... even if it was him comforting her... again.
    I think we got it in the Return Two - John was so eager to get back to the PG galaxy and to Teyla - and the look of pure delight on his face when he saw her was his way of saying " I'm home and back where I belong"...
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
      Yup - and I love how at ease they've always been with intimate contact.. John in particular is not a touchy feely sort of guy, but yet he's never had a problem with being up close and personal with Teyla.. We havn't seen him so at ease with anyone else.
      Exactly! It wasn't easy for him with words, but they were definately close. They worked together, sparred together, ate together and had to watch each other's back. He also trusted her when no else would. How can you get any better than that.

I don't think we ever really got any reprecussions or any hurt comfort for John from his team. I know the writers didn't want to portay their hero like that as they saw it as a weakness... just showed how clueless they were at times..
      Oh don't get me started about tptb. They really messed up so much.

I think we got it in the Return Two - John was so eager to get back to the PG galaxy and to Teyla - and the look of pure delight on his face when he saw her was his way of saying " I'm home and back where I belong"...
      Yes. Even in Return one, when he went to get Ronon and Teyla. If there was a time for John to be with anyone on Earth... that would've been the time. They were there along time and didn't see each other... Same with Teyla and Ronon. No... he was happy to see her and she him. You could see the big smile on both their faces and it was just for each other.
      And who did he almost die for again and again??? The Ark, S&R, The Queen and so on. Even in Echoes. He finally came up with the idea of how to stop the solar bursts after he saw that it was killing Teyla. The list is endless. And she would of course would've done the same.

Comment

Exactly! It wasn't easy for him with words, but they were definately close. They worked together, sparred together, ate together and had to watch each other's back. He also trusted her when no else would. How can you get any better than that.
        No you can't..

Yes. Even in Return one, when he went to get Ronon and Teyla. If there was a time for John to be with anyone on Earth... that would've been the time. They were there along time and didn't see each other... Same with Teyla and Ronon. No... he was happy to see her and she him. You could see the big smile on both their faces and it was just for each other.
        And who did he almost die for again and again??? The Ark, S&R, The Queen and so on. Even in Echoes. He finally came up with the idea of how to stop the solar bursts after he saw that it was killing Teyla. The list is endless. And she would of course would've done the same.
        Well said and I agree. The list is endless.

About India..
        Spoiler:
        I've decided to go.... Kids talked me into going. . Off in 2 weeks, can't wait..
        sigpic

Comment

Have fun in India and tell us all about it!
          sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

No you can't..

Well said and I agree. The list is endless.

About India..
            Spoiler:
            I've decided to go.... Kids talked me into going. . Off in 2 weeks, can't wait..

I think The Return said alot for me. If anything was actually happening between John and his former boss, then they would've continued when they got home. There wouldn't be anything stopping them. So, it always confused me when was said otherwise.

Oh have fun hun. Glad your kids talked you into it. Maybe share some pics too and enjoy their yummy food.

Comment

I think The Return said alot for me. If anything was actually happening between John and his former boss, then they would've continued when they got home. There wouldn't be anything stopping them. So, it always confused me when was said otherwise.
              Exactly. I think the writers made it clear there that John only had eyes for Teyla.

Oh have fun hun. Glad your kids talked you into it. Maybe share some pics too and enjoy their yummy food.
              Thanks guys...
              sigpic

Comment

Exactly. I think the writers made it clear there that John only had eyes for Teyla.

Thanks guys...
                Yes and I think if they had one more season they would've done more with them.

You know... I read some comments Joe said at the con in France and he mentioned again how he was shut off from any info for eps and stuff after he voiced his opinion on Paul and Torri. I'm now thinking that some of what they did, like giving him less of the spotlight and more to David is because of that and whatever else he may have said and done. Maybe another reason they opted to have his character "alone". And dare I say... another reason why they cancelled the show to do SGU and no movie. They couldn't really fire him or kill him off. He was the star of the show. I'm wondering if that's another reason why we got less JT time. Am I totally off?

You're welcome hun. Can't wait to hear all you got to do.

Comment

YESSSS! The J/T scene stayed in Allegiance through final approval! \o/
                  sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Originally posted by Artie View Post
                    YESSSS! The J/T scene stayed in Allegiance through final approval! \o/

Woohoooo!! Can you give us a teaser?

Comment

Woohoooo!! Can you give us a teaser?
                      I've read it but I can't spoil it! But oh it's good! And sooooo sweet! (Actually there are two scenes that are sweet, but one that I was afraid would be cut, the one that is more clear about some things.) It's Amy's scene and I adore it!
                      sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

I've read it but I can't spoil it! But oh it's good! And sooooo sweet! (Actually there are two scenes that are sweet, but one that I was afraid would be cut, the one that is more clear about some things.) It's Amy's scene and I adore it!

Wooohoooo...
                        sigpic

Comment

Yes and I think if they had one more season they would've done more with them.

You know... I read some comments Joe said at the con in France and he mentioned again how he was shut off from any info for eps and stuff after he voiced his opinion on Paul and Torri. I'm now thinking that some of what they did, like giving him less of the spotlight and more to David is because of that and whatever else he may have said and done. Maybe another reason they opted to have his character "alone". And dare I say... another reason why they cancelled the show to do SGU and no movie. They couldn't really fire him or kill him off. He was the star of the show. I'm wondering if that's another reason why we got less JT time. Am I totally off?
                          I think we got less JT because they were more interested in doing a romance for their fav couple. Joe told me in New Zealand a lot about how he was treated by Brad and Co and to be honest I don't think we would ever had gotten any good Sheppard storylines if the show had continued. They definitely favoured David and that's why we ended up with the McKay show. He also told me what happened with Tori, I thought I shared that with you already. If you wish to know PM me.

In some ways I'm glad the show ended when it did. Thats why I'm loving the books so much. So much more realistic and its a believable continuation of the show and does justice to ALL of the characters... and our lovely couple are getting the ending they deserve..
                          sigpic

Comment

In some ways I'm glad the show ended when it did. Thats why I'm loving the books so much. So much more realistic and its a believable continuation of the show and does justice to ALL of the characters... and our lovely couple are getting the ending they deserve..
                            I'm really really glad to hear you say that!
                            sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

I'm really really glad to hear you say that!
                              I was hoping Allegiance would be out before I go on vacation, so I could savour the JT moments.. but I have it to look forward to when I get back..

Just to add - I'd love to see the Legacy Books made into a movie. Now that would be worth watching..
                              sigpic

Comment

I was hoping Allegiance would be out before I go on vacation, so I could savour the JT moments.. but I have it to look forward to when I get back..

Just to add - I'd love to see the Legacy Books made into a movie. Now that would be worth watching..
                                I so wish! Not going to happen, though!

There's not as much Teyla in Allegiance as there was in The Lost. It's really Ronon's book, his chance to shine like the episode Sateda, which it reminds me of. But then the next one, The Avengers, is Teyla's book!
                                sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Working...
                                X