X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
    Nice to see more familiar faces around..... good to see you here
    Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post

Yay! Dr EG Hello Is that a permanent move?

Glad to have found some time to say hi.
    Yes, the move is permanent. New country, new job, new apt, lots of changes.
    Now all I need to do is figure out where all the cool conventions are around here...
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gater101 View Post

In a sense, they're saying that S/T is canon but they just couldn't do it because they can't write Sheppard as anything other than a dumb military guy, or Teyla as anything other than wallpaper. Ah, and they wonder why we all LOVE SGU so much.
      Unfortunately that's sooo true.... John as the sarificial lamb who seemingly can't commit to anyone and Teyla as pretty wallpaper seemed to be the limits of their writing talent...
      Thank god we have the new book writers that are willing to take the time to develop these wonderful characters and arn't afraid to actually develop them and their relationships...

Originally posted by Sariana View Post
      Woooow! I can't believe it... I'm back

Hiiii everyone! I am so glad to be here again. I so love this thread, and all of you! I miss John and Teyla And now I have my own computeur, I can be here when I want!!!

I don't remember the last time I was come on Gate World. An eternity! I think the show was not over yet :s
      I know I was gone at my first Stargate Convention : Chevron 7.2, after my last post here. Does anybody here have participate to this event? It was fantastic!! I've met Joe, he was aaawesome..

I miss sga so much!! I think this is unfair, the show was really great. Except the last season, I don't know for you, but the fifth is a little weird :s I don't like Kanaan (of course! Or I wouldn't be Sheyla ) and I am fan of Stargate Atlantis, not Stargate Rodney. You know what I mean.. But I regret it have been canceled. Too bad.

So if you have any question about me, please, I would be glad to answer you.

And don't forget :

Sheyla powaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !!
      Waves to Sariana... wow it's like christmas with everyone getting together again ..

Great seeing so many familiar faces ...
      sigpic

Comment

Hey EG and Sariana! Is there a reunion I didn't know about?

And....Shelya Powaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
        sigpic
        Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Thats good news....
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantis4Life View Post
            @bluealien

I love your new signature. The old one was great too, though.
            Thank you....
            sigpic

Comment

In a sense, they're saying that S/T is canon but they just couldn't do it because they can't write Sheppard as anything other than a dumb military guy, or Teyla as anything other than wallpaper. Ah, and they wonder why we all LOVE SGU so much.
              Definitely. I was considering asking JM if they had actual plans for JT before the pregnancy got in the way and they changed things, but it's probably a bad idea as I'd either be miffed that we didn't see it or they'd have done it how they handled McKeller not sure which is worse

Hiiii everyone! I am so glad to be here again. I so love this thread, and all of you! I miss John and Teyla And now I have my own computeur, I can be here when I want!!!

I don't remember the last time I was come on Gate World. An eternity! I think the show was not over yet :s
              I know I was gone at my first Stargate Convention : Chevron 7.2, after my last post here. Does anybody here have participate to this event? It was fantastic!! I've met Joe, he was aaawesome..

I miss sga so much!! I think this is unfair, the show was really great. Except the last season, I don't know for you, but the fifth is a little weird :s I don't like Kanaan (of course! Or I wouldn't be Sheyla ) and I am fan of Stargate Atlantis, not Stargate Rodney. You know what I mean.. But I regret it have been canceled. Too bad.

And don't forget :

Hi Sariana Yeah, you wont find much love for S5 around here, so you're in good company

A few of us did go to 7.2 yes! (myself, gater, Blue, Elfie, San, SAF...) You should have said you were going so we could have said hi

Originally posted by elephantgirl View Post
              Now all I need to do is figure out where all the cool conventions are around here...
              Good luck with it all Hope you find some cons, we need your pics!
              What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Waves to Sariana... wow it's like christmas with everyone getting together again ..

Great seeing so many familiar faces ...
                Thank youuu I'm really happy to be here =)

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
                Hey EG and Sariana! Is there a reunion I didn't know about?

And....Shelya Powaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
                Hiii YappiChick! Nice to see you! Apparently, ghosts have decided to come at the same moment

Hi Sariana Yeah, you wont find much love for S5 around here, so you're in good company

A few of us did go to 7.2 yes! (myself, gater, Blue, Elfie, San, SAF...) You should have said you were going so we could have said hi
                WOW!! I didn't know there was a true Gate World's invasion. Unfortunately, I hadn't computer during this period, so I couldn't inform you
                The convention was unforgettable. Joe F had been really sweet. Actually, he have spoken to me in french! LOVELY! He has a great accent.
                I am happy to hear that I am not the only one to find that the season 5 is bad. Sad, because it was the last..
                art by Pentapus

Comment

Hi everyone wow it's so nice to feel the JT loving again lol glad I'm not the only to come back it's fun LOL perhaps it's spring that bring us back
                  Originally posted by Elflinn View Post
                  Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

How's that?
                  Yeah glad I didn't missed it it feels like good old days. Hope there will be more, a lot more
                  thanks for the link I needed it
                  Originally posted by Rockhound View Post
                  Donna - Hope your daughter is ok

Hello Asgard! Welcome Back.

Watched The Seed and Ghost in the Machine last night (Hubby was away) again. Haven't seen them in a long time. I am still not quite sure what to make of John's expression in GiTM when he enters the room as Teyla and "Elizabeth" are talking about Torren and when Teyla then leaves. John has this look on his face that I just can't read.
                  Thanks a lot

oh yeah I know what you mean I keep on thinking it's moments like with no explanations and odd moments that ruined the season. I mean the actors play with it and the authors never gave us anything. We so needed explanations
                  Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                  Not sure if any of you ever check out Joe M's Blog anymore but he answered several questions about relationships on Atlantis, one of which is:

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...p-its-tuesday/
                  Thanks a lot for the update. I don't even know how I feel. Disappointed I think because we knew this. We don't know how they could given up on this without explanation and make the JT out of character. But thanks a lot it's always nice to have a confirmation
                  Originally posted by Rockhound View Post
                  Thanks Lythisrose for the update! AHHHH - The Famed Teyla Pregnancy Arc!.. How many ways could we have rewritten that one!
                  So true
                  Thanks for the link...

Well that confirms what we all knew... . that John and Teyla were the intended canon ship.....This was obvious from the very first moment they met.... I really think that Rachel's pregnancy just threw them. and they weren't ready to make Shep a daddy.... but as you all say there were many other ways they could have gone, but I have a feeling that they were more consumed at that stage with giving McKay his happy ever after.... even if they had to drag it out of nowhere

Nice to see more familiar faces around..... good to see you here
                  LOL yeah you always speak what I think yeah really too bad

Originally posted by NinaM View Post
                  Thanks for that...

hahah embrace Teyla's pregnancy...it's another word for they didn't know what the heck they were going to do and not being able to take the heat and actually go ahead with actually having their main character John actually get into a relationship.. so they took the cheap way out.. make something out of nothing and hope the fans are stupid enough...sorry that didn't work.. the whole pregnancy storyline was what turned stupid.. there were so many ways they could have kept the JT thing and moved forward even with the pregnancy storyline.. but instead they had to invent a guy that in the end turns out just to be a freaking babysitter..

In the end I think they were just so set on writing the geek love and having no way of knowing how to actually write a love relationship for the main guy ..it was easier to keep him as a flirt or just as the guy standing alone in the world... no need to actually write a strong normal relationship...guess it was easier to write something goofy as McKay..

No wonder I find fanfic writers to handle things better they what they did... snort..
                  LOL so true really it would have done probably too much screen time to Teyla to make a storyline. Instead we had a fantom in order for Teyla to keep on going and ... oh what a surprise she stayed behind nevertheless

LOL well said

I don't remember the last time I was come on Gate World. An eternity! I think the show was not over yet

I miss sga so much!! I think this is unfair, the show was really great. Except the last season, I don't know for you, but the fifth is a little weird I don't like Kanaan (of course! Or I wouldn't be Sheyla ) and I am fan of Stargate Atlantis, not Stargate Rodney. You know what I mean.. But I regret it have been canceled. Too bad.

And don't forget :

Salut ! Wow trop cool c'est le beau temps qui nous fait sortir faut croire lol
                  I really miss SGA too and I was one willing to love Kanaan after all Teyla had the right to a love story and as for Sam I was hoping it was just for some time. But no they made Kanaan so dumb that it wasn't great at all for Teyla to have someone, she's so much stronger than that. Seriously the guy should have shown his love and his strenght. But the guy was a real coward, and worst inexistant. So why did they kept him

Originally posted by elephantgirl View Post
                  the cool conventions, I fear for you that you'll have to cross to Great Britain. perhaps there are some in Germany, I fear there isn't a lot in France or in Belgium but if you find some I'm interested LOL

Thank youuu I'm really happy to be here =)

Hiii YappiChick! Nice to see you! Apparently, ghosts have decided to come at the same moment

WOW!! I didn't know there was a true Gate World's invasion. Unfortunately, I hadn't computer during this period, so I couldn't inform you
                  The convention was unforgettable. Joe F had been really sweet. Actually, he have spoken to me in french! LOVELY! He has a great accent.
                  I am happy to hear that I am not the only one to find that the season 5 is bad. Sad, because it was the last..
                  You're so lucky and he speaks french well ? I've met David Nikl and he spoke french a little, not a lot but enough to make fun of David Hewlett it was really nice LOL And Robert Picardo asked how it was possible that in all the world that Stargate visited people always spoke english lol. In fact they played with te language differences and it was fun but meet JF and speak to him in french wow I'm sure it was awesome
                  sigpic
                  Sig by the Great Linda06

Comment

Originally posted by seldear View Post
                    Quite possibly...
                    Hmmm.... Ya Think!
                    1-800-Iluv-JandT
                    sig by Sci!

Toll Free..Available 24 HRS...Remember..It can never be too much..

Comment

He spoke to you in French? *flails* I wish I'd been in earshot!
                      What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Lucky you ..I'd love to hear him speak in French....

I lived in Paris for a year (many years ago) and at the time spoke French quite well.. but now I don't think I could put two words together.. I've forgotten it all...
                        sigpic

Comment

Didn't Joe live in France for a year as well and that's where he gets his french from? LOVE IT!

I think Rachel speaks it too.

Well guys....It's good to read once again that the writers were in fact going with John and Teyla and I honestly think that if there had been more seasons, there would have been an even greater possibility. Who knows. I hate it everytime that Joe mentions that Teyla is settled with baby daddy....he can't even remember the guys name for pete's sake!!!

Any who...two things.

1. Still working on episode 9 but I had an incident with one of my boys, hit his head and I've been in and out of the hospital since Monday. So, the fic won't be ready for this Friday. But it is coming along nicely, but slowly!!!!

2. Also, Beya has a new challenge: Details here.

http://community.livejournal.com/sga...75.html#cutid1
                          sigpic

Comment

Beautiful banners Jeyla...

Sorry to hear about your son... hope he's ok now...
                            sigpic

Comment

*flails with you*
                              don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by asgard30 View Post
                                Salut ! Wow trop cool c'est le beau temps qui nous fait sortir faut croire lol
                                I really miss SGA too and I was one willing to love Kanaan after all Teyla had the right to a love story and as for Sam I was hoping it was just for some time. But no they made Kanaan so dumb that it wasn't great at all for Teyla to have someone, she's so much stronger than that. Seriously the guy should have shown his love and his strenght. But the guy was a real coward, and worst inexistant. So why did they kept him
                                Hey, coucou ! Une autre française dans le coin, c'est toujours agréable Et oui, le soleil met en joie, et motive pour l'écriture héhé...

Exactly what I think.. Kanaan is so inactive! I really don't know why she is fallen in love with him.. He doesn't match to her at all! It is a shame to give Teyla a love story so scamped! I mean... As you said, even if she is not with John, she deserves a guy who could protect her, and be capable to make her feel important to his eyes... But not with Kanaan, not in my mind. For Teyla, who is one of my favorite characters (from all TV shows) I believe it is not fair.

Originally posted by asgard30 View Post
                                You're so lucky and he speaks french well ? I've met David Nikl and he spoke french a little, not a lot but enough to make fun of David Hewlett it was really nice LOL And Robert Picardo asked how it was possible that in all the world that Stargate visited people always spoke english lol. In fact they played with te language differences and it was fun but meet JF and speak to him in french wow I'm sure it was awesome
                                I suppose you was in Stargate Convention, in Paris. Unfortunately I've miss it :s But I am glad if both David made you laugh!

Yeaah JF was amazing. Of course, since his year in La Sorbonne during his studies, I guess he has forgotten many things, but he made a good effort with simple sentences like : "Vous êtes française ? Je suis enchanté de faire votre connaissance.." It was really amazing.

Lucky you ..I'd love to hear him speak in French....

I lived in Paris for a year (many years ago) and at the time spoke French quite well.. but now I don't think I could put two words together.. I've forgotten it all...
                                Really? And you have loved Paris? It is not because I am french, but I loooove this city It doesn't matter if you've forget it, french is a difficult language
                                art by Pentapus

Comment

Working...
                                X