John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SheppAddictedFangirl View Post
    Me too. My two faves on the cover Even though John´s uniform is a bit.. dated
    Hmm. Good old times, huh?

I was a little surprised by Johns uniform.. would have fitted in with Death Game but as this is after season 5 I thought we would have seen his new black uniform.... but no worries its a great pic....

Jack used to be a fav but somehow I lost interest in him over the years.... though I am looking forward to some Jack/John interaction....
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
      I was a little surprised by Johns uniform.. would have fitted in with Death Game but as this is after season 5 I thought we would have seen his new black uniform.... but no worries its a great pic...

Jack used to be a fav but somehow I lost interest in him over the years.... though I am looking forward to some Jack/John interaction....
      Yeah, was looking a bit funny at that myself

Loved Jack until early season 8. Wasn´t the same after he turned part time, then left "for mostly good". But once Shep showed up (and I actually gave SGA a try, lol, I was all over HIM anyway
      Looking forward to that too. I thought they had some good scenes on the show together. Would have loved for some final in "The Return"
      Spoiler:
      instead of O´Neill and Weir. *shrugs*

Check out this amazing vid by SGAFan on YouTube Joe IS Rockford!
      picfic craziness against boredom: Col.Sheppard & the nutty whumpers

Comment

Originally posted by SheppAddictedFangirl View Post
        Yeah, was looking a bit funny at that myself

Loved Jack until early season 8. Wasn´t the same after he turned part time, then left "for mostly good". But once Shep showed up (and I actually gave SGA a try, lol, I was all over HIM anyway
        Looking forward to that too. I thought they had some good scenes on the show together. Would have loved for some final in "The Return"
        Spoiler:
        instead of O´Neill and Weir. *shrugs*
        I agree... thought it really odd we didnt get a Jack/John scene...
        I liked Jack up until about seasons 5/6 .. after then he seemed to loose his spark or something..
        sigpic

Comment

There's actually a tartan called "MacKellar". I giggle snorted when I read it.
          don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

I agree, they were very entertaining in Rising
            What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
              I agree, they were very entertaining in Rising
              I think a lot of the problem with Jack is that they made him a characiture (sp?) of the man he was in the first two seasons. he was/is an intelligent man (evidenced by him making it to General) but they just made him look so STUPID. It's similar to what they did with Sheppard - he started off as a math genius, MENSA level man but then... he suddenly just became another "dumb" soldier, needing to rely on McKay.

But yes, I did like the interaction between J&J in Rising... But not as much as the JT
              don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by gater101 View Post
                I think a lot of the problem with Jack is that they made him a characiture (sp?) of the man he was in the first two seasons. he was/is an intelligent man (evidenced by him making it to General) but they just made him look so STUPID. It's similar to what they did with Sheppard - he started off as a math genius, MENSA level man but then... he suddenly just became another "dumb" soldier, needing to rely on McKay.

But yes, I did like the interaction between J&J in Rising... But not as much as the JT
                The impression I always got with Jack was that he could understand things, if he wanted to, but he didn't see the point in wasting the time on it. As for Shep, yeah, the writers sucked on that one
                What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

The impression I always got with Jack was that he could understand things, if he wanted to, but he didn't see the point in wasting the time on it. As for Shep, yeah, the writers sucked on that one
                  Yeah that was pretty much my take on it as well... the Jack was able to he just didn't want to and didn't want to waste time when he had Sam to all the tech stuff...

John..well there they went wrong completely... I mean here he was a math genius,, Mensa level,, and also was the guy with the strongest gene... but I think they were just having McKay as a favorite so he had to look the smartest..heaven forbid a soldier like John could actually be smarter... there were several things they failed on that... and you might have seen glimpses of it...if McKay was nowhere to be seen then John had no problems at all.. he knew things,,he could solve things on his own..but as soon as McKay was there then my oh my we can't have John be smarter then him...that was the biggest failure.. their favorite McKay couldn't look stupid beside a soldier guy like Sheppard... I think everything came down to it that they had no clue how to write for Sheppard..or more like they didn't want to ..he wasn't the favorite one on the show.. and we sure have seen it several times..Joe F knew what we wanted and he knew his character.. but oh no that wasn't good that either...shame really,, John could have insterad be seen as allrounded character instead of the flyboy who constantly risked his life in almost hopeless sitsuations.. *sigh*
                  sigpic
                  Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Originally posted by NinaM View Post
                    Yeah that was pretty much my take on it as well... the Jack was able to he just didn't want to and didn't want to waste time when he had Sam to all the tech stuff...

John..well there they went wrong completely... I mean here he was a math genius,, Mensa level,, and also was the guy with the strongest gene... but I think they were just having McKay as a favorite so he had to look the smartest..heaven forbid a soldier like John could actually be smarter... there were several things they failed on that... and you might have seen glimpses of it...if McKay was nowhere to be seen then John had no problems at all.. he knew things,,he could solve things on his own..but as soon as McKay was there then my oh my we can't have John be smarter then him...that was the biggest failure.. their favorite McKay couldn't look stupid beside a soldier guy like Sheppard... I think everything came down to it that they had no clue how to write for Sheppard..or more like they didn't want to ..he wasn't the favorite one on the show.. and we sure have seen it several times..Joe F knew what we wanted and he knew his character.. but oh no that wasn't good that either...shame really,, John could have insterad be seen as allrounded character instead of the flyboy who constantly risked his life in almost hopeless sitsuations.. *sigh*
                    True... and I think the writers showed us how they really felt about Shep in Vegas... the poor flyboy who messed up big time and turned into some sad loser.. while McKay comes out smelling of roses in every universe... its a shame they had to knock down one character in order to boost another....

I think they thought Shep was only good for sacrificing himself and didnt deserve any happiness either...didnt seem to fit in with the guy who said he'd like a family in the early years ... Ronon had been through more than John, and Teyla had been to hell and back but we dont seem them ending up as losers or solitary men... I think it was easier to write Shep as the quiet troubled soldier who only had to shoot his gun and was willing to give up his life at the drop of a hat rather than give us some actual character development.... but that only went to McKay unfortunately.... but it sounds like the books are going to give us all the things the SGA writers didnt.... they are going to delve into John's background and give us some backstory and some insight into what makes him tick.... and hopefully show us that John is as much deserving of finding love as the rest of the characters.....
                    sigpic

Comment

Yep, post it on the 15th

Hehe!
                      Compiling all the book info together

Death Game information:
                      Spoiler:

Synopsis:

Backstory info:

Some questions answered:

Cover art: http://jo-graham.livejournal.com/28275.html
                      You know, I'm starting to get interested in this book.

Originally posted by gater101 View Post
                      There's actually a tartan called "MacKellar". I giggle snorted when I read it.
                      Aaaahhh! My eyes! I so don't want to think about it!
                      sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

im so glad others see that mckay had special treatment by the writers sheppard was a much better character yet the writers gave mckay all the centric episodes like the amnesia ep and he got the romance aswell with keller in the end it was like sheppard wasnt even the main character anymore
                        sigpic
                        The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

by the way i apologise for the rant i just would have liked john,teyla and ronan to have had more attention
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chrono trigger View Post
                            by the way i apologise for the rant i just would have liked john,teyla and ronan to have had more attention
                            Oh, dearheart! Don't apologize for a rant. We've all had the same one.
                            sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                              Oh, dearheart! Don't apologize for a rant. We've all had the same one.
                              thanks its not like i dont like mckay i think he is great but i dont think its fair when writers have clear favs
                              sigpic

Comment

I agree... thought it really odd we didnt get a Jack/John scene...
                                I liked Jack up until about seasons 5/6 .. after then he seemed to loose his spark or something..
                                I still liked him better than Mitchell though

Originally posted by NinaM View Post

Ain´t that the truth

All the more reason why I love scenes like in "Trinity"
                                Spoiler:
                                Spoiler:
                                when he makes McKay eat his words in front of Zelenka by PERFECTLY understanding what he´s rambling about
                                Or my Number one fave from the Game.
                                Spoiler:
                                Silly game, but I love it when McKay teases him about not even needing to bother with cheating... and then LOST the chess game.
                                Getting a bit rusty, but didn´t he
                                Spoiler:
                                solve the "Brotherhood" riddle when McKay couldn´t?

Plus, it all came down to Sheppard´s "dumb idea" how to
                                Spoiler:
                                get back to their own universe in DV too, right?

Personally, I think there´s too many glimbses of Sheppard being just as smart but not needing to brag about it as much as McKay does. Kinda bugged the hell outta me in "Lost Tribe" (or was it the other one... ) when
                                Spoiler:
                                Zelenka told him, "I can´t dumb this down enough for you to understand" or something similar Excuse me??

Sorry, went kinda ranty

True... and I think the writers showed us how they really felt about Shep in Vegas... the poor flyboy who messed up big time and turned into some sad loser.. while McKay comes out smelling of roses in every universe... its a shame they had to knock down one character in order to boost another....

I think they thought Shep was only good for sacrificing himself and didnt deserve any happiness either...didnt seem to fit in with the guy who said he'd like a family in the early years ... Ronon had been through more than John, and Teyla had been to hell and back but we dont seem them ending up as losers or solitary men... I think it was easier to write Shep as the quiet troubled soldier who only had to shoot his gun and was willing to give up his life at the drop of a hat rather than give us some actual character development.... but that only went to McKay unfortunately.... but it sounds like the books are going to give us all the things the SGA writers didnt.... they are going to delve into John's background and give us some backstory and some insight into what makes him tick.... and hopefully show us that John is as much deserving of finding love as the rest of the characters.....
                                ITA!!

Originally posted by chrono trigger View Post
                                Agreed with your rant

Check out this amazing vid by SGAFan on YouTube Joe IS Rockford!
                                picfic craziness against boredom: Col.Sheppard & the nutty whumpers

Comment

Working...
                                X