John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scifan View Post
    Does it have to be just Stargate women? Is it all genres? This way I can get a better list for you.
    Any fictional character that I can get a picture of... It's not limited at all
    sigpic
    Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
      Any fictional character that I can get a picture of... It's not limited at all
      How long of a list do you want? It might be long.

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
        Love them Donna.... oh and Happy Birthday...

Very nice ....

Welcome to the thread chrono trigger..... yes we'd all loved to have seen them together... they were absolutley perfect for one another.. I still think it will happen... I'm more opitimistic that a movie will happen now that SGU hasnt been the roaring sucess the ptb hoped it would be...

Me neither and even if the movie doesnt happen we have the books...and the author seems to think we will be very happy with the outcome for John and Teyla..

Oh and BIG CONGRATULATIONS to Jason... awesome news about him getting the Conan part....
        Aww Thanks you two
        Sig Bye Me and Avi bye Luciana

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
          How long of a list do you want? It might be long.
          Long is good. I'm hoping to make between 100-200 icons, maybe more. Basically I'm doing the same thing with each one so it shouldn't take too long...I hope, LOL
          sigpic
          Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
            Happy birthday Donna!
            Thanks Jess

Comment

BEYA BANNER CONTEST!

Last reminder before the deadline tonight at Midnight Eastern Time.

We have 12 submitted banners and the deadline for submissions is only a couple of hours away.

I'd like MORE BANNERS!!!!!

All banners must be submitted to this link...

http://community.livejournal.com/sga_beya/203764.html

by midnight eastern time.

All submissions will be screened. Voting will commence on Sunday, January 24th, 2010 until Saturday, January 30th, 2010 midnight Eastern time. The winner will be announced on Sunday, January 31st, 2010.

See all the details in the link above ^^^^^
              sigpic

Comment

Welcome Chrono Trigger!

And good to see you back Fire
                What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Happy Birthday Donna!!!

Hope you had a good one!!
                  sigpic
                  Sig made by Cazzblade! Thanks!
                  Forever!!

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DONNA

Yappi, I love your signature. It's hilarious, especially the bit about the Beta Reader.

Welcome Chrono Trigger.

Sigs by sarah_jones on Livejournal.
                    My FanFiction and LiveJournal

Comment

Hi All!! Been around reading posts, but have not had the time to hang around for very long..
                      Busy day today - both my kids took the SAT's very early - my daughter is in 8th grade and my son is in 6th. Their MS Math teacher recommended it since they scored very well on the state tests. It was purely for experience - their scores do not count at this point. Good news is they both think they did well on the Math but said the English was really hard....

Ok watched BAMSR and SOW which played on SYFY this week.. I am still really troubled watching BAMSR. I just hate that scene when Teyla reveals her pregnancy to John and Ronan. I totallly understand his reaction, but I find it just hard to watch. I get the whole thing that she needed to tell them sooner because she was in great danger every time she went through the gate. They never knew what would happen. She also placed the rest of the team in danger because you never knew for instance if she would not feel well and be able to do what she needed to do. I totally understand Teyla's position. I have been pregnant 3 times and you do not want people telling you you can't do something. (in my 1st pregnancy, I went to a NY Jets game 2 weeks before my due date-had to cllimb tons of stairs too. Probably not the smartest move - but I understand the need to feel that you are not disabled during pregnancy.. Plus you feel good but just don't realize that you can't do all that you used to.}

Anyway I loved SOW.. I haven't seen this one in a while and actually my husband insists he never saw it ever. I just loved how John had to come groveling back to Teyla to ask her to fly the hive ship. They had such a cold scene earlier in the gear up room that it really bothered me. I agree Teyla need to see that she was not invinciible -- she cannot handle being pregnant and being on the team. There were just too many things that could go wrong. I just loved the scene when John realiized it was Teyla in the Queens' body. His expressions were priceless. And when she called for him to help her and he shot the Queen - he knew that Teyla was in serious trouble because she would not just ask for help easily. The balcony scene at the end was great. You could tell John was really not looking forward to the conversation, but Teyla made it go very smoothly. John was really worried about what happened to her, but I did not like that expression on his face when he first saw her through the glass when he was with Radek and Rodney. It made me feel at the moment that he didn't want to talk to her. Could be just my crazy perception of the scene, but I thought his expression was that he was dissappointed that he saw her there. Anyway, loved how it played out. Teyla was awesome expressing her fear and John's eyes on her as she told how close the queen came to killing her child were just priceless. The hug was still awkward but at least at that point, it brought them closer.
                      sigpic
                      Sig made by Cazzblade! Thanks!
                      Forever!!

Comment

Voting for the New Beya Banner Contest has begun!!!

Go check out the GORGEOUS 16 banners!!!!!!

Voting will close on Sunday, January 30 Midnight Eastern time!!!

http://community.livejournal.com/sga_beya/204045.html
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rockhound View Post
                          Ok watched BAMSR and SOW which played on SYFY this week.. I am still really troubled watching BAMSR. I just hate that scene when Teyla reveals her pregnancy to John and Ronan. I totallly understand his reaction, but I find it just hard to watch. I get the whole thing that she needed to tell them sooner because she was in great danger every time she went through the gate. They never knew what would happen. She also placed the rest of the team in danger because you never knew for instance if she would not feel well and be able to do what she needed to do.
                          This was my problem too with this scene. I still don't see Teyla keeping her pregnancy from her closest friends like this, it will always seem out of character to me.
                          I totally understand Teyla's position. I have been pregnant 3 times and you do not want people telling you you can't do something.
                          I can certaintly understand her not wanting to be treated any differently and I believe that things don't change for pregnant women on Athos... though the writers ruined that as well with Teyla dithering about going back on the team.... but John was her closest friend and as you say she was putting the team in danger and somehow I could never see Teyla doing this.... she trusted John above anyone else so keeping the whole thing to herself was just bad characterization by the writers.. I felt once they started the pregnancy story they lost all focus of who Teyla was... the writers didnt seem to know their own characters anymore...

(in my 1st pregnancy, I went to a NY Jets game 2 weeks before my due date-had to cllimb tons of stairs too. Probably not the smartest move - but I understand the need to feel that you are not disabled during pregnancy.. Plus you feel good but just don't realize that you can't do all that you used to.}
                          Oh I did some hair raising stuff whilst pregnant as well but I didnt have other people relying on me like Teyla did...

Anyway I loved SOW.. I haven't seen this one in a while and actually my husband insists he never saw it ever. I just loved how John had to come groveling back to Teyla to ask her to fly the hive ship. They had such a cold scene earlier in the gear up room that it really bothered me.
                          This scene bothered me as well... I felt Teyla took her anger out at John.... though in some ways I guess she felt he was the one preventing her from trying to find her people... but again I'm not sure why Teyla didnt try and engage John's help earliier insteading of almost blaming him for her situation....

I just loved the scene when John realiized it was Teyla in the Queens' body. His expressions were priceless. And when she called for him to help her and he shot the Queen - he knew that Teyla was in serious trouble because she would not just ask for help easily.
                          This was one of my favourite scenes. It shows how strong the bond was between them and how much John cares for Teyla and ulitmately how much she cared for him......

The balcony scene at the end was great. You could tell John was really not looking forward to the conversation, but Teyla made it go very smoothly. John was really worried about what happened to her, but I did not like that expression on his face when he first saw her through the glass when he was with Radek and Rodney. It made me feel at the moment that he didn't want to talk to her.
                          I'll have to go back and look at that scene again but this is where I felt that an understanding had developed between them... Teyla realised that John was right and that she had been putting her child in danger... and John I think realised that he had lost Teyla but she meant too much to him for him to let his hurt come between them... he still wanted her friendship and would always be there for her..
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rockhound View Post
                            Happy Birthday Donna!!!

Hope you had a good one!!
                            Originally posted by SGAFirenity View Post
                            HAPPY BIRTHDAY DONNA

Yappi, I love your signature. It's hilarious, especially the bit about the Beta Reader.

Welcome Chrono Trigger.
                            Thanks it was quite and that was a nice change LOl

Comment

Originally posted by Jeyla4ever View Post
                              Voting for the New Beya Banner Contest has begun!!!

Go check out the GORGEOUS 16 banners!!!!!!

Voting will close on Sunday, January 30 Midnight Eastern time!!!

http://community.livejournal.com/sga_beya/204045.html
                              Awesome banner in there and I voted
                              sigpic
                              Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Happy birthday Donna!!

I ordered a new printer last week as my current one is struggling with anything complicated, seeing as I'm going to a con this weekend I thought I'd get my act together and buy a new one to print things out on. Guess what? It's doesn't work I've got to return it and get a replacement, but PC World are so bloody useless with replacements that it probably won't be here until next week. *iz much annoyed*
                                What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Working...
                                X