John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
    You know, in my shippy head, as it's starting to shape up, this is the night that little TJ was conceived. Kanaan who? Atlantis was in lockdown. *nods head solemnly*
    LOL. Nice one.

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
    Wow, sounds like this is going to be really good. I can't wait.

Nice idea with the letter game Cazz. I'd add another one but my brain isn't operating and I can't think of one. Maybe next time.
    Last edited by SGAFirenity; 22 November 2009, 10:57 PM.

Sigs by sarah_jones on Livejournal.
    My FanFiction and LiveJournal

Comment

In case I don't get a chance later this week

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

*huggles thread*
      Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

B

Beautiful
        Bantos Rods
        Bug!Shep
        Breathtaking
        Beloved..
        Blessed
        (The) Best
        Bad@$$
        Belong
        Brave
        Betrothed
        Brave
        Bonded
        Believable
        Belated (admissions of love)
        Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
          The Storm/The Eye Questions
          1. Why were John and Teyla in the Jumper at the beginning, what was the purpose of their trip?

They wanted to spend time together..

2. Sheppard asks Teyla if she misses home and she deflects the question, why do you think she did that?

Maybe she did but didnt want to say that in case he would feel guilty that he was partly responsible for her people losing their home..

3. Do you think the expedition lost any trust in the Athosians in terms of giving them GDO’s? And in turn, Teyla?

I don't think they ever really trusted them in the first place and I found it a bit annoying.

4. Kolya? Like/dislike?

I liked the idea of Koyla and loved Robert Davi but his character was waay underused and proved to be all talk and no action..

5. When deciding whether to fly through the storm both Carson and Ford look to Teyla to make the final decision. Ford is Sheppard’s 2nd in Command, but in reality do you think it is actually Teyla?

Just wanted her opinion I think.

6. When John is taking out the Genii, what do you think he is thinking?

At the time probably not much...

7. “SHEPPARD: Teyla and Beckett, head for the Jumper Bay.

TEYLA: I intend to fight alongside you.”

Did Teyla think he was trying to get her out of danger or did she just want to make sure she was near Sheppard for the fight?

I think Teyla was always closer to Sheppard than anyone else and had always teamed up with him so she just wanted to do the same here and fight along side him..

8. Did you like the Teyla/Sora stand off? Do you think they intended for Sora to be in the show again at some point?

I liked the fight scene but not really keen of Sora.. she just didnt come across as a deadly threat... just seemed like a bratty kid throwing a hissy fit..
          Don't think they intended ever using her again..

9. What did you make of Teyla/Ford/Carson teaming up? It hadn’t been used previously and wasn’t used since iirc.

Didnt really think too much of it... they worked well together but Carson with a gun just seems a bit odd..but I can why he turned from doctor to fighter here.

10. How awesome is Shep in these eps?

This episode is probably one of my least favourite Sheppard episode... Shep seemed too Rambo here and made the Genii look like idiots.. I hate when they make the enemy to be so lacking and the hero so heroic.. I'd rather a bit more of an even match... I also thought John was far too blase about killing so many.. didnt expect any reaction when he was in the midst of it.. but a little moment of reflection at the end would have been nice.. didnt appreciate him just casually chatting to Weir at the end as if he had been to a tea party..
          sigpic

Comment

The Storm/The Eye Questions

1. Why were John and Teyla in the Jumper at the beginning, what was the purpose of their trip?

Wasn't he picking Teyla up from Athos? gosh, I can't remember.

2. Sheppard asks Teyla if she misses home and she deflects the question, why do you think she did that?

Yup, I was right....Ummm... Teyla does that quite frequently. I think it's that she doesn't want to admit that she actually miss Atlantis while she was in Athos! Someone in particular and since she's not the one to really lie, she just dodges the question. Smart girl.

3. Do you think the expedition lost any trust in the Athosians in terms of giving them GDO’s? And in turn, Teyla?

Huh? I miss something here. Can't remember. I know that the only reason anything gets done with the Athosians is because of Teyla and John. Beyond that, no one else cares an iota about them.

4. Kolya? Like/dislike?

I like him!

5. When deciding whether to fly through the storm both Carson and Ford look to Teyla to make the final decision. Ford is Sheppard’s 2nd in Command, but in reality do you think it is actually Teyla?

It has always been Teyla. Always!!! the only reason why he can't officially appoint Teyla is because she's not from Earth, and she's therefore not military, yet they all knew! Even Weir knew!

6. When John is taking out the Genii, what do you think he is thinking?

I'm the man and Teyla will love it!

7. “SHEPPARD: Teyla and Beckett, head for the Jumper Bay.

TEYLA: I intend to fight alongside you.”
            Did Teyla think he was trying to get her out of danger or did she just want to make sure she was near Sheppard for the fight?

Both! She knew his reasons which is to take her out of harm's way but hers were to be near him and fight alongside him.

I LOVED that scene too!

8. Did you like the Teyla/Sora stand off? Do you think they intended for Sora to be in the show again at some point?

I didn't like Sora and the fight seemed a bit too stiffed! It didn't come off as natural. I don't know. I know I wasn't that impressed with it as I wanted to be.

No, I don't think they wanted to bring her back. Otherwise, they would have let her won. In Teyla kicking her ass, she was a goner for sure!

9. What did you make of Teyla/Ford/Carson teaming up? It hadn’t been used previously and wasn’t used since iirc.

I like Ford and I love Carson and Teyla's my favorite character. They should have done more with these three.

10. How awesome is Shep in these eps?

I thought he was a bit out there. I thought he almost acted like a lunatic. Yet, at the same time this really was his first "test" as Military Commander. Of course, he was all about saving Weir and Rodney, and at that time they were still alone in the PG, but...this was the Season 1 Sheppard. He was a one man army. He was a loner, and still he was fighting for more than just two people. He was fighting for Atlantis, for his friends, for himself too! I honestly believe that Sheppard was just figuring out that he had finally found a place where he belonged, where he wanted to be. He was discovering that the people were more than just the ones that he worked for, they were turning out to be a family and he had to protect them at all cost. Atlantis was his new home and he wasn't going to loose it. He already felt the burden of waking the Wraith, he wasn't going to loose the leader of the city and the most intelligent man on Earth. But again, this was season 1 Sheppard. In The Return we hear him being completely different when he told Landry to give him 60 of his best men to go back and reclaiming the city and save Woosley and O'Neil. That wasn't the same Sheppard that we see in this episode. This one had a lot on his mind and a lot of things to prove to himself and to others. Had he lost Weir and Rodney, he knew that Earth would erase his name forever, but for John it was so much more than that...this place was too valuable and too important to him and in telling Carson and Teyla to stay pretty much out of harm's way, he was showing just that. He wasn't going to risk loosing anyone else and so he kept it just with the marines in fight. John was fighting for more than simply Weir and Rodney, he was fighting for those he cared about.

I think these two are one of the favorites and most acclaimed episodes and yet to me, they are others way better than these two.
            sigpic

Comment

Wow Camy awesome summary
              Sig Bye Me and Avi bye Luciana

Comment

Onto C

Couragous
                What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Still got 4 dates for fill in December for the Advent Calender

1. Tey
                  2. me
                  3. Camy
                  4. Ev
                  5. Jess
                  6. Padme
                  7. Camy
                  9. Sci
                  10. me
                  11. Fire
                  12. Jess
                  13. Hope
                  14. Ev
                  15. Beth Soprano
                  16. Fire
                  18. me
                  19. Jess
                  20. Laura
                  22. Hope
                  24. Laura
                  What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

C

Couragous
                    Caring

Comment

C

Couragous
                      Caring
                      Captivating

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                      "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                      "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

C

Couragous
                        Caring
                        Captivating
                        Couple
                        sigpic
                        Sigs by Scifan

Comment

C

Couragous
                          Caring
                          Captivating
                          Couple
                          (a) Couragously cute couple

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                          "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                          "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Hey has anyone been reading that story "Wishes" on Fanfiction.net? Wow it's getting good. I'm very excited for the next chapter.

Comment

Originally posted by SGAFirenity View Post
                              Hey has anyone been reading that story "Wishes" on Fanfiction.net? Wow it's getting good. I'm very excited for the next chapter.
                              Link please?
                              sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Charismatic
                                Sig Bye Me and Avi bye Luciana

Comment

Working...
                                X