John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nicely said Blue!! ITA.

I wonder if they ever kick themselves in the butt for the various oops they've done threw the last season.
    • Like, saying Torren was Teyla's dad's name.
    • Using the idea of the person she had a crush on was Kanaan.
    • Having Ronon in S4, said she had talked about him
      And the worst yet....
    • Having Repli-Weir/Fran say she knew. *gags*
    • And so on.

Comment

Originally Posted by gater101
      Anyway, Ronan is just the smartest person ever. He has known since Runner that John & Teyla belong together! I adore Sunday too - even tho it is so sad - but you just know that in the beginning when Teyla is talking to Dr Houston ? that she is talking about John. When Dr. Houston even says that Teyla knows him better than she does and Teyla says "she hopes so", you know it has to be John because Teyla doesn't know that many people on Atlantis that well. The thing I didn't get is some people tried to rationalize after Teyla became pregnant that she was talking about Kanaan even way back then. However, Dr. Houston would not have known Kanaan enough to say that Teyla knows him better and she would not have asked Teyla if she wanted her to drop a hint like she said. I know the commentary even said that Teyla was talking about John, but it just kills me that they (people) then tried to turn things around to suit Teyla's pregnancy by saying that she was really talking about Kanaan way back then. Ugh! And Ronan in that ep is just great. I love him!

I didn't write that :s
      don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by gater101 View Post
        I didn't write that :s
        Opps....my bad. I was having difficulties when I was multi-posting, I guess I accidently put you as both. Sorry. I went back and found out who actually said it, and quoted it properly. It was actually Rockhound.

Sigs by sarah_jones on Livejournal.
        My FanFiction and LiveJournal

Comment

Originally posted by SGAFirenity View Post
          Opps....my bad. I was having difficulties when I was multi-posting, I guess I accidently put you as both. Sorry. I went back and found out who actually said it, and quoted it properly. It was actually Rockhound.
          That's ok... I was just worried in case someone had got into my account... I was like... Either that or I was sleep posting again But...
          Spoiler:
          I still would have spelled Ronon properly.

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
            The whole Kanaan thing was just a farce... they tried to rewrite previous eps to make it work but even the writers realised how lame the whole story was...

I too find it amusing how some insist that Teyla was talking about Kanaan in earlier eps.. in Sunday she said the guy she had a crush on WASN'T an Athosian and that his ways were different to her people's... and as you say in the commentary Gero even admitted she was talking about John... John and Teyla were definitley intended to be the canon ship and we had 3 years of a lead up ... but I'm thinking that they just panicked after Rachels pregnancy and Kanaan was hastily invented...

I think by season 5 they didnt really care enough about John or Teyla's character to fix the mess and were more intent on writing for Rodney and his love life and concentrating on SGU...

But we still have fanfic and even the actors themselves wanted JT... so I'm happy enough with that.. I think they know what works for their characters and it wasnt just Joe and Rachel who thought JT were meant to be, but Jason as well.... he confirmed what I always saw between Ronon and Teyla .. a brother and sister relationship and said that Teyla belonged with John...
            three things
            1. we had three seasons of leadup before S4, in which case things began to fall apart for us shipwise because of Rachels pregnacy with Caden (who's such a darned sweetie!), now, don;t get me wrong here, but I think you are missing a bito f a fact, Canoe was a farce to begin with yes, but he was also shocked as we saw in Kindred that Teyla was with child. you remerbmer his face right? like he wasn't expecting it at all. personally I thought he was having a heart attack!
            2. Teyla belongs witrh john, Canoe is just a plot device, i'm pretty sure there are fanfics out there with Canoe as a target for Sheppard to shoot at or something. Besides we know that John has a hard time telling his feelings about things. (heck when I try to write him telling his feeling i hit a road block and deture >.<)
            3. I've always seen Ronon and Teyla as siblings, with Teyla being the older sister to Ronin as seen in Trinity after he killed Kell, to be honest I would have cheered like a lunatic if Ronon had kiled Canoe instead of Kell, but that;s just me...
            I'm done

Long Live !!

Comment

David Hewlett is coming to Chevron 4.. in Jan

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...2#post10829182
              sigpic

Comment

Welcome to the John & Teyla Thread Secret Santa

If you would like to participate please fill out the form below and post it as a comment here at my livejournal.

Spoiler:

Name:

WHAT YOU WILL DO
                What you can make: fic/art
                What rating?: G, PG, PG-15, R, NC-17
                What category Angst, fluff, etc

WHAT YOU WOULD LIKE
                What would you like?: fic/art
                What rating?: G, PG, PG-15, R, NC-17
                What category: Angst, fluff, etc
                What is a big no-no?:
                FOUR prompt words:

Prompts must be in by MIDNIGHT, SATURDAY 21st NOVEMBER
                Otherwise it will be a lump of coal for you!

Gifts must be ready to be give out by 23:59 (GMT) SUNDAY 20th DECEMBER
                Details for where to post your gift will be given out nearer the time.

RULES FOR GIFTS
                Spoiler:

ART RULES
                1. If making icons, it must be a batch of at least five
                2. If making a set, must include icon, sig and a banner for livejournal or a wallpaper
                3. Sigs must be less than 50k so the recipient can use them on gateworld if they choose

FIC RULES
                1. All fictions must be of at least 1000 words (you are not limited to 1000 but that is the least you can do)
                2. Must adhere to the specifications of the prompt.
                3. You do not have to incorporate ALL of the prompt words, but must include at least two.

Have fun!

Comment

It's almost that time of year again!

I'm in a giving mood and I would like to give you a Christmas Card... If you would like to receive a card from me, please leave a comment at this post at my livejournal with your name and address and you shall receive a little piece of Christmas cheer!

(all comments are screened)

Comment

Do you have my address?
                    What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
                      David Hewlett is coming to Chevron 4.. in Jan

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...2#post10829182
                      Definately thinking about going!

Comment

OK gang I have a challenge for you all!!

Name the top five best John & Teyla scenes and give a 50 word reason of why you think them the best of your picks. I wanna see some thoughts here people!!

Comment

Originally posted by ruby_caspar View Post
                          I happen to have a MP for this occasion...
                          Spoiler:

I have a picture for this occasion too...
                          Spoiler:

I love that scene so much! In fact I just love Ronon... he's my fave SG character, of all the series, and I MISS HIM in season 1, which I'm watching now lol! ftw!
                          LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG! Ruby! you almost made me laugh out loud at work when i was sneaking into the forum! LOL!. Yup! that's Ronon! our own personal JT Cheerleader!. I can't stop starring at his facial expression lol. He loves JT and it shows! LOL!.

Also, loving the 'Ronon Knows' pics!. Why, oh why did the writers creat Kanaan! UGH!.

By the way, i saw in the homepage that they have revealed the title for the third SG-1 movie?. I didn't click and read it but does that mean they are officially going to start making it?...while SGA is still up in the air?.
                          sigpic

Sig by Camy

Comment

Originally posted by Mayra View Post
                            By the way, i saw in the homepage that they have revealed the title for the third SG-1 movie?. I didn't click and read it but does that mean they are officially going to start making it?...while SGA is still up in the air?.
                            I read it, still the same situation as before, both movies are in limbo. This is the quote where its from:
                            Scary writes: “# 1 Does the SG1 movie have a title like SGA does?
                            Answers: 1) Stargate: Revolution

Comment

Originally posted by Teyilia View Post
                              three things
                              1. we had three seasons of leadup before S4, in which case things began to fall apart for us shipwise because of Rachels pregnacy with Caden (who's such a darned sweetie!), now, don;t get me wrong here, but I think you are missing a bito f a fact, Canoe was a farce to begin with yes, but he was also shocked as we saw in Kindred that Teyla was with child. you remerbmer his face right? like he wasn't expecting it at all. personally I thought he was having a heart attack!
                              2. Teyla belongs witrh john, Canoe is just a plot device, i'm pretty sure there are fanfics out there with Canoe as a target for Sheppard to shoot at or something. Besides we know that John has a hard time telling his feelings about things. (heck when I try to write him telling his feeling i hit a road block and deture >.<)
                              3. I've always seen Ronon and Teyla as siblings, with Teyla being the older sister to Ronin as seen in Trinity after he killed Kell, to be honest I would have cheered like a lunatic if Ronon had kiled Canoe instead of Kell, but that;s just me...
                              I'm done

Long Live !!
                              You know, I've read a dozen fics from SG1 where Jack and/or Sam have offed Pete for the git he is. I don't think I've seen one where John and/or Teyla off Kanaan aside from us joking around here! Maybe I've just missed them. Someone has to fix that.
                              sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by Teyilia View Post
                                three things
                                I'm done

Long Live !!
                                I agree that Kanaan was just a plot device... would love to see some fics where Ronon has to kill Canoe because he fell under Michaels spell again... and turned all nasty... I'm sure I read one where John had to kill him because he was still one of Michaels minions...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X