X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeyla4ever View Post
    I haven't friended you? *confused*

Okay, now I really have to go.
    gateworld had a tissy fit and as a result me and about four others had their accounts "trimmed" meaning all my past posts made in this thread are by a "guest" >.<

BUT thasnks to the mods generous help after I restarted my account and remembered my rep and post counts BOOM! i'm back in buisness, only I have to try and get 2K posts by next friday before I can use my own avatar again, right now Tame is allowing me to use this avatar until next friday (week from this friday) as she is hosting my avatar on her machine. So I have to reach 2K posts (making me at 8,000+ posts) before I can host my own image

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
      I don't know if Rodney was clueless - although he is very self involved - so much as he was thinking "Crap! I absolutely can NOT let them down now!"
      Rodney is smarter then that... though when it comes to love I think the only thing he is in love with (aside from playing video poker at Atlantis against Radek and loosing nearly every game) is his cat Toombs.... I didn't say that!!

Comment

I don't know if Rodney was clueless - although he is very self involved - so much as he was thinking "Crap! I absolutely can NOT let them down now!"
        You may be right, I never did quite figure out Rodney, I sort of ignored him till Season 3 for he annoyed the crap out of me, but I can't help to leave you with this little paragraph from Wedj's Lost fic. John and Teyla have just been rescued after being stranded in a volatile world far away from Atlantis and the rest of their team. Teyla just had their child Charyn and they are headed back to Atlantis after a year and a half of being stranded without any hope of ever been rescued and the likelyhood of their death was highly in their favor. So, they are in the Puddle Jumper and no one knows yet that the little girl that John is holding is John's and Teyla's. So, this is Rodney, Carson, Teyla and John in the PD when suddenly known only to Carson that John had a baby in his arms, the baby starts crying.

Carson leant further back in his seat now able to see Teyla lifting little Charin up from the sling and pressing her tightly against her shoulder and rocking her. The cries were already dying away and Carson decided to wait to see if they would need him. Rodney suddenly blocked his view as he moved towards the back of the Jumper.

“Where did you get a baby from?” Rodney demanded as he neared Sheppard.

Carson unfortunately couldn’t see the Colonel’s face, but he could infer some of his expression from the dryness of his reply. “Do you really need me to explain to you about the birds and the bees, Rodney?”

Walker chuckled from behind Carson.

“I know where babies come from.” Rodney protested. “Do the parents know you have their baby?” Rodney asked, sounding rather worried.

There was a pause. “Yes, Rodney.” John replied with heavy sarcasm and Carson looked round to see Ronon smiling back at him before they both laughed at their friend and at the joy that this rescue had worked out so well.

This is the Rodney I always figured would be if John and Teyla ever got together. He'd be completely clueless.

If you haven't read that fic, you should. It's good! Only thing is that it's M rating.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4747543/1/Lost
        sigpic

Comment

Hmm. I don't know - I would agree that he's not always clueless; don't get me wrong, I love him and I think he's brilliant. But I think that this is the moment he first thinks about the possibility, because the WTF?! of his expression is so... there. But, the thing I love about it him is that his expression straight away turns back into determination.
          sigpic

Thanks to YappiChick for the lovely sig

Comment

It's way past my bedtime - good night guys! Sweet Sheyla Dreams...
            sigpic

Thanks to YappiChick for the lovely sig

Comment

Originally posted by ruby_caspar View Post
              It's way past my bedtime - good night guys! Sweet Sheyla Dreams...
              Night Ruby, by the way your siggie is cut off I can't read the rest of it... >.<

Comment

You may be right, I never did quite figure out Rodney, I sort of ignored him till Season 3 for he annoyed the crap out of me, but I can't help to leave you with this little paragraph from Wedj's Lost fic. John and Teyla have just been rescued after being stranded in a volatile world far away from Atlantis and the rest of their team. Teyla just had their child Charyn and they are headed back to Atlantis after a year and a half of being stranded without any hope of ever been rescued and the likelyhood of their death was highly in their favor. So, they are in the Puddle Jumper and no one knows yet that the little girl that John is holding is John's and Teyla's. So, this is Rodney, Carson, Teyla and John in the PD when suddenly known only to Carson that John had a baby in his arms, the baby starts crying.

Carson leant further back in his seat now able to see Teyla lifting little Charin up from the sling and pressing her tightly against her shoulder and rocking her. The cries were already dying away and Carson decided to wait to see if they would need him. Rodney suddenly blocked his view as he moved towards the back of the Jumper.

Carson unfortunately couldn’t see the Colonel’s face, but he could infer some of his expression from the dryness of his reply. “Do you really need me to explain to you about the birds and the bees, Rodney?”

“I know where babies come from.” Rodney protested. “Do the parents know you have their baby?” Rodney asked, sounding rather worried.

There was a pause. “Yes, Rodney.” John replied with heavy sarcasm and Carson looked round to see Ronon smiling back at him before they both laughed at their friend and at the joy that this rescue had worked out so well.

This is the Rodney I always figured would be if John and Teyla ever got together. He'd be completely clueless.

If you haven't read that fic, you should. It's good! Only thing is that it's M rating.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4747543/1/Lost
                I never catch her fics until about 5 or 6 chapters in when it would take me a day and a half to catch up. I'll have to spend a week and read them all.
                sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by Mayra View Post

Hi SGAFirenity!.

Well it's good to know i wasn't the only one lol. It doesn't get any worse than fast forwarding half of the episode because your bored lol. So that was the huge hint that i should just give up. I know they said it was going to have a different feel than the other stargate shows but dang, for me, it had nothing of stargate other than the Gate on the ship lol...other than that, totally felt like i wasn't watching Stargate.
                  Oh I know, that's exactly how I view SGU. It may be called Stargate Universe but it doesn't have any stargate qualities besides the gate. So sad. Plus did u notice the wormhole isn't even blue....how tragic. So I gave up on it.

Originally posted by Mayra View Post
                  LOL! i always thought of Ronon as our own personal JT cheerleader! lol.
                  LOL, that can be shown in the episode "Sunday" when he pretty much tells John he should be with Teyla.

Ronon was warned of how John felt for Teyla upon first meeting. But I think this one pretty much sealed his suspicions.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g9...SGA-04-009.jpg
                  Yup yup, you mess with Teyla, you mess with John. That's how it's always been.

I love this scene right here...Look at him looking back at her. He's always paid close attention to her. ALWAYS!!

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g9...tower098-1.jpg
                  He does that all the time, even in the jumper when she's sitting behind him. It's so cute how he's always worrying about her.

Sigs by sarah_jones on Livejournal.
                  My FanFiction and LiveJournal

Comment

WOW!!! You guys are flying on posts. I'll try to catch up tomorrow. Loving all the characters supporting JT and I love Ruby's idea for Ronon.

Just doing a fly by and posting these

For Jeyla's challenge. I don't think I posted the first one in here, but if I did I apologize.

Comment

I have read that entire fic. It is really amazing! (even the M part! ) That scene in the jumper is so classic Rodney. I can totally see him saying something like that!

You guys are killing me with all these pictures. I just LOVE it! I only wish I knew how to post a pic - one of these days I'll figure it out.

Anyway, Ronan is just the smartest person ever. He has known since Runner that John & Teyla belong together! I adore Sunday too - even tho it is so sad - but you just know that in the beginning when Teyla is talking to Dr Houston ? that she is talking about John. When Dr. Houston even says that Teyla knows him better than she does and Teyla says "she hopes so", you know it has to be John because Teyla doesn't know that many people on Atlantis that well. The thing I didn't get is some people tried to rationalize after Teyla became pregnant that she was talking about Kanaan even way back then. However, Dr. Houston would not have known Kanaan enough to say that Teyla knows him better and she would not have asked Teyla if she wanted her to drop a hint like she said. I know the commentary even said that Teyla was talking about John, but it just kills me that they (people) then tried to turn things around to suit Teyla's pregnancy by saying that she was really talking about Kanaan way back then. Ugh! And Ronan in that ep is just great. I love him!

OT -

Spoiler:
                      So last night my son Brian's baseball team was playing in the championship baseball game. They were losing 7-3, last inning down to their last out-no one on base. WE SCORED 10 RUNS WITH 2 OUTS!! Brian came up with bases loaded and doubled to bring in the tying and go ahead run! Then the other team gets last ups and our pitcher loads the bases with no outs. They bring my son in to pitch and he strikes out the next 3 batters! We win the championship 13-7! I am still beaming from how proud I am of him! His team 3 weeks ago was losing non-stop and 2 kids quit because nobody cared and the kids were so down on themselves. They turned everything around and never gave up and belived in themselves and that's how they won! It was amazing!!! (Sorry, proud Mom here )
                      sigpic
                      Sig made by Cazzblade! Thanks!
                      Forever!!

Comment

Originally posted by Valerie_Jackson View Post
                        Just because I can.

Spoiler:
                        Dear Mr. President.
                        Over the past few years, I have noticed a growing love between Lt.Col. John Sheppard and Athosion Teyla Emmogan. I know this serious business. and I have on thing to say. I believe that they belong togther, that is my opinion, and no one can change it.
                        So, if you were to be so kind, I would like you to let them be together.
                        Just write them a letter telling them that you know. And that they can love each other and still be on the same team.
                        Thank you for your time.
                        Sincerly, Ronon Dex. (AKA, Sheyla's biggest fan)
                        The reply.

Spoiler:
                        Dear Mr. Dex,
                        I would like to let be together, but I have no proof.

Sincerly, The president of the USA.
                        Ronon's reply.

Spoiler:
                        Is this prove enough for you?

Ronon Dex (Sheyla's biggest fan) Oh, and it's not 'Mr.'
                        Spoiler:
                        Proof? Here's your proof!

Need any more? I have lots of pics.

Ronon Dex. (SHEYLA RULES!!!!!!)
                        Spoiler:
                        Dear 'Sheyla's biggest fan' aka 'Sheyla rules' (What is Sheyla?)
                        I have read your letters, and after much consideration, I have decided that Col. Sheppard and Teyla Emmogon may be together. I don't know what it is that you said. But you have me hoping that they get together myself.
                        Thank you for helping me see this.
                        Sincerly, the president of the USA.
                        sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                          Dear 'Sheyla's biggest fan' aka 'Sheyla rules' (What is Sheyla?)
                          I have read your letters, and after much consideration, I have decided that Col. Sheppard and Teyla Emmogon may be together. I don't know what it is that you said. But you have me hoping that they get together myself.
                          Thank you for helping me see this.
                          Sincerly, the president of the USA.
                          ROFL! Love it!!
                          sigpic
                          Sig made by Cazzblade! Thanks!
                          Forever!!

Comment

Originally posted by gater101 View Post
                            Welcome to the John & Teyla Thread Secret Santa

If you would like to participate please fill out the form below and post it as a comment here at my livejournal.

Spoiler:

Name:

WHAT YOU WILL DO
                            What you can make: fic/art
                            What rating?: G, PG, PG-15, R, NC-17
                            What category Angst, fluff, etc

WHAT YOU WOULD LIKE
                            What would you like?: fic/art
                            What rating?: G, PG, PG-15, R, NC-17
                            What category: Angst, fluff, etc
                            What is a big no-no?:
                            FOUR prompt words:

Prompts must be in by MIDNIGHT, SATURDAY 21st NOVEMBER
                            Otherwise it will be a lump of coal for you!

Gifts must be ready to be give out by 23:59 (GMT) SUNDAY 20th DECEMBER
                            Details for where to post your gift will be given out nearer the time.

RULES FOR GIFTS
                            Spoiler:

ART RULES
                            1. If making icons, it must be a batch of at least five
                            2. If making a set, must include icon, sig and a banner for livejournal or a wallpaper
                            3. Sigs must be less than 50k so the recipient can use them on gateworld if they choose

FIC RULES
                            1. All fictions must be of at least 1000 words (you are not limited to 1000 but that is the least you can do)
                            2. Must adhere to the specifications of the prompt.
                            3. You do not have to incorporate ALL of the prompt words, but must include at least two.

Have fun!
                            I sent mine in. Should be fun.

Originally posted by Rockhound View Post
                            Anyway, Ronan is just the smartest person ever. He has known since Runner that John & Teyla belong together! I adore Sunday too - even tho it is so sad - but you just know that in the beginning when Teyla is talking to Dr Houston ? that she is talking about John. When Dr. Houston even says that Teyla knows him better than she does and Teyla says "she hopes so", you know it has to be John because Teyla doesn't know that many people on Atlantis that well. The thing I didn't get is some people tried to rationalize after Teyla became pregnant that she was talking about Kanaan even way back then. However, Dr. Houston would not have known Kanaan enough to say that Teyla knows him better and she would not have asked Teyla if she wanted her to drop a hint like she said. I know the commentary even said that Teyla was talking about John, but it just kills me that they (people) then tried to turn things around to suit Teyla's pregnancy by saying that she was really talking about Kanaan way back then. Ugh! And Ronan in that ep is just great. I love him!
                            That's what I always thought. If Teyla was talking about Kanaan, there was no way (or reason) that Dr. Houston could have gotten someone to drop hints to Kanaan. He was on a whole other planet.
                            Last edited by SGAFirenity; 12 November 2009, 07:11 AM.

Sigs by sarah_jones on Livejournal.
                            My FanFiction and LiveJournal

Comment

Originally Posted by gater101

The whole Kanaan thing was just a farce... they tried to rewrite previous eps to make it work but even the writers realised how lame the whole story was...

I too find it amusing how some insist that Teyla was talking about Kanaan in earlier eps.. in Sunday she said the guy she had a crush on WASN'T an Athosian and that his ways were different to her people's... and as you say in the commentary Gero even admitted she was talking about John... John and Teyla were definitley intended to be the canon ship and we had 3 years of a lead up ... but I'm thinking that they just panicked after Rachels pregnancy and Kanaan was hastily invented...

I think by season 5 they didnt really care enough about John or Teyla's character to fix the mess and were more intent on writing for Rodney and his love life and concentrating on SGU...

But we still have fanfic and even the actors themselves wanted JT... so I'm happy enough with that.. I think they know what works for their characters and it wasnt just Joe and Rachel who thought JT were meant to be, but Jason as well.... he confirmed what I always saw between Ronon and Teyla .. a brother and sister relationship and said that Teyla belonged with John...
                              sigpic

Comment

I never really realised how impossible it was that Teyla was talking about Kanaan in Sunday

I agree with you Blue that they just didn't care enough in S5
                                What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Working...
                                X